Kohla has an enormously broad selection of backcountry/touring ski skins that deliver the ultimate performance for beginners as well as the “super elite” – "Made in Tyrol" since 1932.
- - 10 %newKohlaHappy Alpine 14 Backpack Dresden Blue / Red Orange KidsMSRP 59,90 €53,90 €One size
- - 10 %newKohlaHappy 10 Backpack Dresden Blue / Red Orange KidsMSRP 44,90 €40,40 €One size
- - 10 %newKohlaHappy 15 Backpack Dresden Blue / Red Orange KidsMSRP 49,90 €44,90 €One size
- - 10 %newKohlaHappy 10 Backpack Bleached Mauve / Florida Keys KidsMSRP 44,90 €40,40 €One size
- - 10 %newKohlaHappy 10 Backpack Myrtle / Sulphur KidsMSRP 44,90 €40,40 €One size
- - 10 %newKohlaHappy Alpine 14 Backpack Bleached Mauve / Florida Keys KidsMSRP 59,90 €53,90 €One size
- - 10 %newKohlaHappy 15 Backpack Myrtle / Sulphur KidsMSRP 49,90 €44,90 €One size
- - 10 %newKohlaHappy 15 Backpack Bleached Mauve / Florida Keys KidsMSRP 49,90 €44,90 €One size
- - 10 %newKohlaHappy Alpine 14 Backpack Myrtle / Sulphur KidsMSRP 59,90 €53,90 €One size
- newKohlaSkin Wax Skin Accessories6,90 €Basic price: 172.5 € / KilogrammOne size
- - 44 %KohlaVertical Vacuum Multifit 120 mm Climbing Skins WomenMSRP 179,90 €99,95 €Available Sizes:142
- - 27 %KohlaEnforcer 80S Smartglue Climbing SkinsMSRP 109,90 €79,95 €Available Sizes:120130140150160
- - 9 %KohlaFreeride Air Mix Multifit Universal 140 mm - Smart Glue Climbing SkinsMSRP 219,90 €199,95 €Available Sizes:190
- - 22 %KohlaFreeride Mix Universal 135 mm - Smart Glue Splitboard SkinsMSRP 179,90 €139,95 €Available Sizes:170
- KohlaI-Race Loop incl. Rivets Skin Accessories19,90 €One size
- - 41 %KohlaVertical 120 mm - Vacuum Base Climbing SkinsMSRP 169,90 €99,95 €Available Sizes:142
- - 50 %KohlaDynafit SL 80 Kid Climbing Skins KidsMSRP 99,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:129
- - 11 %KohlaFreeride Air Mix Multifit 135 mm - Smart Glue Climbing SkinsMSRP 189,90 €169,95 €Available Sizes:149156163170177
- - 24 %KohlaPeak Mix Multifit Universal 135 mm - Hotmelt Glue Climbing SkinsMSRP 169,90 €129,95 €Available Sizes:190
- - 21 %KohlaAlpinist Mohair Splitboard SkinsMSRP 189,90 €149,95 €Available Sizes:170
- - 20 %KohlaFreeride Air Mix Multifit 120 mm - Smart Glue Climbing Skins KidsMSRP 99,90 €79,95 €Available Sizes:125135145155
- - 10 %KohlaVertical Mix Multifit Universal 130 mm - Smart Glue Climbing SkinsMSRP 199,90 €179,95 €Available Sizes:190
- KohlaGreen Line Anti Snow Spray Skin Accessories19,90 €Basic price: 199 € / LiterOne size
- KohlaFelltasche Skin Accessories9,90 €One size
- - 18 %KohlaPeak Mix Universal - Hotmelt Glue Splitboard SkinsMSRP 169,90 €139,95 €Available Sizes:170
- KohlaAdhesive Foil 130 mm Skin Accessories29,90 €Basic price: 7.48 € / MeterOne size
- - 9 %KohlaFreeride Mix Multifit Universal 140 mm - Smart Glue Climbing SkinsMSRP 219,90 €199,95 €Available Sizes:190
- - 47 %KohlaBlizzard Zero G 95 Climbing SkinsMSRP 149,90 €79,95 €Available Sizes:171
- - 33 %KohlaPeak Mix Multifit 120 mm - Hotmelt Glue Climbing SkinsMSRP 149,90 €99,95 €Available Sizes:142
- KohlaGreen Line Skin & Ski Base Cleaner Skin Accessories19,90 €Basic price: 99.5 € / LiterOne size
- - 11 %KohlaAlpinist Mohair 130 mm Elastic K-Clip Climbing SkinsMSRP 189,90 €169,95 €Available Sizes:149156163170184
- - 10 %KohlaAdventure Pro GaitersMSRP 49,90 €44,95 €One size
- - 41 %KohlaZero G 95 Smartglue Climbing SkinsMSRP 169,90 €99,95 €Available Sizes:164171178185
- KohlaGreen Line "Skin Wax to Go" + Impregnation Skin Accessories29,90 €One size
- - 37 %KohlaZero G 85 Smartglue Climbing SkinsMSRP 159,90 €99,95 €Available Sizes:150164
- - 10 %KohlaAlpinist Multifit Mohair 130 mm - Smart Glue Climbing SkinsMSRP 199,90 €179,95 €Available Sizes:190
- - 30 %KohlaAlpine Tour Gaiters Caviar / Quiet ShadeMSRP 49,90 €34,95 €One size
- - 37 %KohlaAlproute 88 Smartglue Climbing SkinsMSRP 159,90 €99,95 €Available Sizes:148156163170177
- KohlaGreen Line Skin Wax Skin Accessories22,90 €Basic price: 458 € / KilogrammOne size
- - 35 %Kohla150 ml Eco Refresh Ski Boot AccessoriesMSRP 19,90 €12,95 €Basic price: 86.33 € / LiterOne size
- - 17 %KohlaAdventure Happy Gaiters KidsMSRP 29,90 €24,95 €One size
- KohlaK-Clip Skin Accessories6,90 €One size
- KohlaTransfertape Smart Glue Skin Accessories29,90 €Basic price: 7.48 € / MeterOne size
- KohlaElastic Strap Set Skin Accessories9,90 €One size
- KohlaButterfly Skin Accessories9,90 €One size
- - 33 %KohlaK2 Wayback & Talkback 96 Climbing SkinsMSRP 149,90 €99,95 €Available Sizes:156163170177
- KohlaI-Fix Spanner Skin Accessories9,90 €One size
- - 11 %KohlaFigl with Universal Binding 22/23 Skitouring SkisMSRP 179,90 €159,95 €One size
- - 11 %KohlaFigl with Plate Binding 22/23 Skitouring SkisMSRP 189,90 €169,95 €One size
- - 32 %KohlaFreeride Mix Multifit 135 mm - Smart Glue Climbing SkinsMSRP 189,90 €129,95 €Available Sizes:149156163191
- - 37 %KohlaWayback 88 Smartglue Climbing SkinsMSRP 159,90 €99,95 €Available Sizes:153160167174
- - 19 %KohlaPeak Mix Multifit 135 mm - Hotmelt Glue Climbing SkinsMSRP 159,90 €129,95 €Available Sizes:149156163170177
- - 18 %KohlaVertical Mix Multifit 120 mm - Smart Glue Climbing SkinsMSRP 169,90 €139,95 €Available Sizes:142149177184
- - 18 %KohlaVertical Mix Multifit 120 mm - Smart Glue Climbing Skins WomenMSRP 169,90 €139,95 €Available Sizes:142149170177
- - 41 %KohlaWayback 96 Climbing SkinsMSRP 169,90 €99,95 €Available Sizes:163170177184
- KohlaProtective Foil Skin Accessories4,90 €One size
- - 14 %KohlaAlpine Pro GaitersMSRP 69,90 €59,95 €One size
Why is Kohla a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
The company’s products are largely developed, tested and manufactured in Austria with the advantage that they must meet the highest production standards and that the supply chain is fully traceable. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, Kohla stands out in the following ways:
- The company is committed to accountability throughout the supply chain
- It prides itself on ecologically friendly, resource-saving production
- Kohla is a climate-neutral company
Brutal local love
Sustainability is an important concern for Kohla, with regard to environmental and social standards in the production chain and to the company itself. Kohla prefers to work with local companies, thus ensuring the availability of goods and short decision-making channels and transport distances.
Kohla's philosophy: "Our heart beats for the brutal local love of mountain sports – of nature. Of course, implementation is not always easy, but it is our passion to implement customer requirements and innovations while always remaining regional, genuine and fair, as well as continuing to follow the Tyrolean way."
That is why Kohla developed its own "Brutal Local" label. Award-winning products need to meet certain criteria: For example, at least 90 percent of their value creation must be in Austria and their supply chain must be 100 percent traceable. Brutal Local products are manufactured to the highest standards and provide secure jobs with full-time, year-round employment.
KOHLA CLIMBING SKINS – INNOVATIONS AND CLASSICS
Basically, Kohla has become synonymous with climbing skins. For many years, the Tyrolean brand has been dominating the market for climbing skins in the Alps region.
In the 2015/16 winter season, Kohla introduced the Vacuum Base Composite skin which immediately got awarded with an ISPO Award. The innovative principle featuring a two-zone-undercoating rests on a Vacuum surface-structure, which attaches to the base of the ski under pressure. Modifications on the edge and the middle strip increase the functionality and handling of the Vacuum climbing skin.
Furthermore, Kohla also harbours a wide range of rather conventional climbing skins. All possible demands of ski touring are fulfilled: race skins like the Evolution Race with a 62 mm width can be found in the product range, just like skin widths of up to 145 mm. This span of various skins mirrors the entire spectrum of the sport: from race all the way to freeride-oriented ski touring.
Another important criterion for best-possible uphill performance are various materials which are used in classic skins. Here, mohair-mix or pure mohair are used as the base. Mohair convinces with exceptionally good glide characteristics, while synthetic fibre is more durable. A composite version, such as mix-mohair (mostly 70 % synthetic fibre and 30 % mohair), combines the respective characteristics.
SKIN ACCESSORIES FOR TOURING SKIERS AND FREERIDERS
Skin accessories like skin waxes and waterproofing sprays are part of Kohla’s product range. Further crucial accessories are separating foils for the transport of the skins and, of course, the different Multifit-attachment-options for particular skis, such as twin tip skis. All the above are products which are must-haves if a brand wants to be considered as an absolute expert in the realm of ski touring. In terms of ski touring, backpacks, telescopic poles, avalanche shovels, avalanche probes, and gaiters complete the product range of Kohla.
MOUNTAINEERING AND SKI TOURING EQUIPMENT „MADE IN TIROL“
The origins of Kohla can be traced back to the early 1930s, when it was established under the name of Max Kohla KG in Innsbruck, Austria. Ever since, the brand has been standing for mountaineering gear “Made in Tirol”. The first products which were manufactured under the Kohla banner were hunting equipment like backpacks and poles.
2003 became a crucial year for the Austrian corporation. That year, Kohla was taken over by the Span brothers and has been a part of Ibex Sportartikel (sports gear) GmbH ever since. In the wake of this major change, the entire product range was revisited. The goal was a further focusing and specialization of product groups where Kohla was able to look back at multiple decades of experience. Today, the Tyrolean skin manufacturer is synonymous with local mountaineering gear. The entire cycle of development, production, and test phase, happens within one and the same region, meaning a significant contribution to environmental protection.