- - 40 %newDynafitAlpine Hybrid Jacket Hot Coral WomenMSRP 149,95 €89,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 40 %newDynafitAlpine Gore-Tex Jacket Beet Red WomenMSRP 239,95 €143,95 €Available Sizes:XS
- - 40 %newONWeather Jacket Black / Navy WomenMSRP 239,95 €143,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- - 20 %newBjoern DaehlieCoverage Jacket Cherry Tomato MenMSRP 138,95 €111,15 €Available Sizes:XL
- - 40 %newDynafitAlpine Gore-Tex Jacket Marine Blue WomenMSRP 239,95 €143,95 €Available Sizes:XS
- - 40 %newDynafitAlpine Hybrid Jacket Marine Blue WomenMSRP 149,95 €89,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 40 %newDynafitAlpine Gore-Tex Jacket Army MenMSRP 239,95 €143,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 15 %newOdloRun Easy S-Thermic Jacket Black MenMSRP 189,90 €161,40 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 40 %newONWeather Lumos Jacket Black WomenMSRP 249,95 €149,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 40 %newKari TraaHenni Hybrid Windbreaker Sage WomenMSRP 128,95 €77,35 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 15 %newMalojaSennesM. Softshell Jacket Moonless Glowflower WomenMSRP 174,95 €148,70 €Available Sizes:XSSL
- - 40 %newAsicsAccelerate Light Jacket Performance Black MenMSRP 99,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 40 %newGore WearR5 GTX I Insulated Jacket White / Fireball WomenMSRP 249,95 €149,95 €Available Sizes:3640
- - 40 %newSalomonBonatti Waterproof Rain Jacket Nautical Blue WomenMSRP 149,95 €89,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 40 %newONClimate Jacket Mango / Black WomenMSRP 189,95 €113,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 40 %newUnder ArmourStorm Run Insulate Hybrid Jacket Black / Reflective MenMSRP 99,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 40 %newSportfulTested product Cardio Jacket Mauve WomenMSRP 139,90 €83,90 €Available Sizes:M
- - 40 %newONWeather Jacket Mango / Navy MenMSRP 239,95 €143,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 15 %newOdloRun Easy S-Thermic Jacket Blue Wing Teal WomenMSRP 189,90 €161,40 €Available Sizes:SM
- - 40 %newKari TraaTirill 2.0 Jacket Taupe WomenMSRP 158,95 €95,35 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- - 40 %newThe North FaceRun Wind Jacket TNF Black MenMSRP 89,95 €53,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 40 %newGore WearR3 Partial GWS Jacket Black / Terra Grey MenMSRP 139,95 €83,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 40 %newAsicsLite-Show Jacket Night Shade / Orchid WomenMSRP 99,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 40 %newOdloTested product Run Easy S-Thermic Jacket Black MenMSRP 189,90 €113,90 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 40 %newSalomonLight Shell Jacket Deep Black WomenMSRP 139,95 €83,95 €Available Sizes:M
- - 40 %newSalomonBonatti Cross Wind Windbreaker Deep Black / AO / Periscope MenMSRP 79,95 €47,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 40 %newBrooksCanopy Jacket Ice Blue WomenMSRP 119,95 €71,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 40 %newThe North FaceFlight Lightriser Futurelight Jacket TNF Black MenMSRP 319,95 €191,95 €Available Sizes:LXL
- - 15 %newOdloRun Easy S-Thermic Jacket Blue Wing Teal MenMSRP 189,90 €161,40 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 40 %newAdidas TerrexAgravic 2.5 Layer Rain Jacket Linen Green MenMSRP 179,95 €107,95 €Available Sizes:SLXL
- - 40 %newAdidasMarathon For The Oceans Jacket Linen Green / Green Oxide MenMSRP 109,95 €65,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- - 40 %newDynafitAlpine Gore-Tex Jacket Mallard Blue MenMSRP 239,95 €143,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 40 %newSalomonGore Tex Pro Windstopper Jacket Deep Black MenMSRP 199,95 €119,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 15 %newSportfulCardio Jacket Mauve WomenMSRP 139,90 €118,90 €Available Sizes:SL
- - 15 %newMalojaSennesM. Softshell Jacket Rosewood Seeds WomenMSRP 174,95 €148,70 €Available Sizes:XSSMLXL
- - 40 %newUnder ArmourUA Storm Outrun Cold Jacket Blue MenMSRP 119,95 €71,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 40 %newONWeather Jacket Mango / Hail WomenMSRP 239,95 €143,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 40 %newUnder ArmourMotion Jacket Black WomenMSRP 74,95 €44,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 40 %newGore WearR7 Partial GTX I Jacket Black / Utility Green MenMSRP 189,95 €113,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 40 %newUnder ArmourUA Train CW Jacket Blue WomenMSRP 69,95 €41,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 40 %newAsicsFlexform Jacket Glacier Grey WomenMSRP 79,95 €47,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 40 %newThe North FaceFirst Dawn Packable Jacket Wasabi MenMSRP 169,95 €101,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 40 %newONZero Jacket Black WomenMSRP 159,95 €95,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 40 %newUnder ArmourUA Anywhere Storm Jacket White WomenMSRP 119,95 €71,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 40 %newSalomonBonatti Waterproof Rain Jacket Deep Black / Capsule WomenMSRP 149,95 €89,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 40 %newUnder ArmourUA Storm Outrun Cold Jacket Blue WomenMSRP 119,95 €71,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 40 %newSalomonBonatti Trail Jacket Navy Peony / Night Sky WomenMSRP 199,95 €119,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 40 %newSalomonBonatti Cross Wind Windbreaker Deep Black / Periscope / AO WomenMSRP 79,95 €47,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 40 %newONZero Jacket Black MenMSRP 159,95 €95,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 40 %newAdidas TerrexAgravic 2.5 Layer Rain Jacket Linen Green WomenMSRP 179,95 €107,95 €Available Sizes:XSSML
- - 40 %newBrooksCanopy Jacket Concrete Cloud Dye Print MenMSRP 119,95 €71,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 40 %newThe North FaceRun Wind Jacket Fuchsia Pink WomenMSRP 89,95 €53,95 €Available Sizes:M
- - 40 %newAsicsFlexform Jacket Performance Black MenMSRP 79,95 €47,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- DynafitDNA Wind Jacket Black Out Women129,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 58 %SalomonSense Jacket White WomenMSRP 119,95 €50,00 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %ScottExpolrair Light Dryo 2.5L Rainjacket Carmine Pink / Dark Purple WomenMSRP 149,95 €75,00 €Available Sizes:XS
- - 50 %OdloZeroweight Pro Warm Jacket Winetasting WomenMSRP 169,95 €85,00 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %SalomonBonatti WP Jacket Black / Autumn Blaze WomenMSRP 149,95 €75,00 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %SalomonLight Shell Jacket Red Chili / Black WomenMSRP 139,95 €70,00 €Available Sizes:M
- - 50 %Adidas TerrexPrinted Trail Windbreaker White / Black MenMSRP 99,95 €50,00 €Available Sizes:SXL
- - 50 %Adidas TerrexTrail Print Windbreaker Almost Lime / Black WomenMSRP 99,95 €50,00 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 50 %SalomonBonatti Trail Jacket Provence / Nautical Blue WomenMSRP 249,95 €125,00 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %YMR Track ClubTorekov Jacket Navy / Earth Grey MenMSRP 179,95 €89,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %MonturaOn Air Jacket Verde Lime / Celeste MenMSRP 178,95 €89,50 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %La SportivaRun Jacket Topaz WomenMSRP 148,95 €74,50 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %Adidas TerrexAgravic Windweave Windbreaker Altered Amber WomenMSRP 139,95 €70,00 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 50 %AsicsLite-Show Jacket Brilliant White / Hazard Green MenMSRP 99,95 €50,00 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 50 %OdloZeroweight Print Jacket White WomenMSRP 109,95 €55,00 €Available Sizes:SL
- - 50 %MonturaDragonfly Jacket Dust Rose / Nero WomenMSRP 198,95 €99,50 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %ScottRC Run WB Jacket Dark Purple WomenMSRP 129,95 €65,00 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 50 %BrooksAll Altitude Jacket Bluetiful /Golden Hour WomenMSRP 79,95 €40,00 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %Adidas TerrexAgravic Pro WIND.RDY Windbreaker White WomenMSRP 139,95 €70,00 €Available Sizes:SL
A running jacket is needed for cooler, windy or rainy days and for winter. It is important that the running jacket protects you from external weather conditions, but is breathable enough to transport your own moisture to the outside. There is a suitable jacket for every running type and taste to buy at Sport Conrad.
BUY THE RIGHT RUNNING JACKET ONLINE: WHAT MODELS ARE THERE AND WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES?
There are rain jackets, wind-repellent or windproof running jackets, up to insulating jackets that keep you really warm. You should ask yourself the following questions before you buy:
• Do I run more on asphalt in cities and in the field, or do I run more on trails, maybe in the mountains - or do I need the jacket for my cross-country training?
• Do I tend to run long and enduring or fast and shorter?
• Do I tend to sweat a lot or freeze quickly?
• Do I need a lot of storage space which means more pockets?
• Do I want lightweight material?
• In which weather do I go running most often?
• How does the jacket fit - is it the right size so that it fits tight, but not skin-tight?
For a successful training experience and good performance, you should customize your running gear depending on the answers to these questions. It certainly doesn't hurt to have different clothing models on hand. In the best case, you can use your running jacket for other sports and outdoor adventures as well.
If your running clothes get soaked in the rain, your body will get chilled quickly - so you should definitely wear a jacket that protects you from the outside moisture. There are different factors to consider here:
• Is it just rainy, but mild with no wind? Then a rain jacket that is water repellent, but not completely waterproof, might be enough.
• Is it rainy and cold and you have a longer run ahead of you? Then we definitely recommend a waterproof rain jacket.
A good running rain jacket should protect you from overheating and keep your body warm. A waterproof rain jacket is especially recommended when it's raining hard, the temperatures are cooler and you're going for a longer run - you'll probably sweat less than on short, intense runs and breathability isn't quite as essential. Also, in sleet, a running rain jacket may be more helpful than a warming insulated jacket.
If you're out for short, intense sessions, the jacket doesn't need to be quite as dense, as you'll be sweating more and it will then be more important that your sweat can be transported to the outside.
Besides all these details, you should also look at another important part of the jacket: the hood. Here, you should definitely make sure that you can adjust the hood so that it stays tight and protects you sufficiently and that it doesn't obstruct your view. You may also want a peak in the front that provides additional protection from rain, which can be very helpful for people who wear glasses, for example.
There is a distinction between membranes and coatings. A membrane works like a thin film, while coatings are usually sprayed on.
One of the most well-known membranes is Gore Tex. It makes jackets water repellent or waterproof and wind repellent or windproof, depending on the design. At the same time, the material also guarantees good breathability. Of course, this functionality and quality have their price. There are also cheaper membranes, but they are usually not quite as functional. If you choose a jacket with a coating, it will probably be a bit cheaper - but also not quite as durable.
What else is important? The water column indicates how rainproof a jacket is. This means: how much water can a membrane withstand without water penetrating? As an example: In Switzerland, garments are considered waterproof if they have a water column of at least 4,000 mm. In Germany or other countries, these values may differ. But the fact is: the greater the water column, the tighter the jacket.
For short runs in the rain, for example, a water column of between 2,000 and 10,000 mm is sufficient. However, if you want to go for really long runs, you should invest in higher numbers.
You should also take a closer look at the main material of the running rain jacket: Running jackets made of polyester are rather soft and thin, but also more sensitive. Jackets made of polyamide are more robust.
Jackets that protect you against wind are usually called windrunners or windbreakers. They can range from wind-resistant to windproof. However, these jackets are not just for pure wind, they can be very useful in other weather as well:
• A windbreaker can also be helpful in wind and light rain, if the temperatures are not too cold.
• The type of training you do is also crucial: if you're not going to be out for that long and maybe you're training rather intensively and it's just a bit chilly outside, it's best to take a windbreaker as well.
• A windbreaker is a perfect jacket for the transitional period, for example for autumn with fog and hazy days. If it is not too wet and cold, you can confidently make long runs with it.
• A windbreaker is also a good companion in the summer, when you are in the mountains or the weather can change quickly.
With windbreakers, the main focus is on "light" - the low weight and small pack size. Many windbreakers consist of a very thin layer of material and are therefore also very light and stowable. Nevertheless, they are usually durable and robust. This makes the windbreaker very attractive for trail runners, for example.
The wind jackets are usually not waterproof, but thanks to a coating water-repellent - and very breathable. They are intended to provide temporary wind and weather protection and are therefore not designed for more extreme climatic conditions.
A hood can be helpful, but will not protect as much as the hood of a rain jacket. Again, if you're going for rather long runs, a hood may be comfortable; for short intense runs, you probably won't need it as much.
RUNNING JACKETS FOR WINTER
Last but not least, there are the warming insulation jackets for your winter run. These are also available in waterproof and windproof. The jacket should not let any heat out, but good breathability is important nevertheless. Mostly, the jackets therefore consist of different zones: The torso, for example, is often well protected, while other areas - such as under the arms - are designed to be more permeable.
Depending on your taste, a hood can be a helpful detail. For some runners it is a substitute for a cap, some are bothered by the tight feeling around the head. If the insulation jacket is also to be used for rain runs, a hood is certainly useful. But then you should also make sure that the hood is adjustable and fits tight.
For long runs, storage space is an advantage, which means a jacket with several pockets. Always helpful are small zippered pockets for cell phone, keys, etc.
Insulation jackets consist of thicker materials as well as synthetic fibers. The fillings are usually synthetic fibers that insulate but are still breathable. If you are really fit and rather go on short units with speed, the jacket should then be made primarily of lightweight material.
You should also make sure that your jacket has reflective inserts so that you are easily seen in the dark season. Also, a dark color may be rather impractical for winter, with bright or eye-catching colors you will be seen easier.
OTHER RUNNING JACKETS
Hybrid jackets are - as the name suggests - versatile. They often offer a combination of insulation and breathability. This is achieved, for example, by having good insulation in the front and a breathable back. There are numerous ideas of hybrid jackets - again, it's worth thinking very carefully about what's important to you and what you expect from your jacket.
Fleece jackets can be used quite typically as transitional jackets, they can be thick, thin, slightly moisture transporting, slightly insulating, super light or windproof - the range is huge. Fleece is made of polyester and usually has good breathability. Fleece jackets are super suitable as midlayers, so under a thin or thick jacket or vest. Of course, the jacket can also be worn as such, for example, during runs on dry, colder evenings.
TAKING GOOD CARE
While fleece jackets, for example, can usually be washed easily in the washing machine, it is worth taking a closer look at other jackets. The care instructions should be followed exactly to guarantee a long life of your running clothes.
Fabric softener should be avoided, because it destroys the important fiber structure of the jacket, which contributes to its breathability. Conventional washing powder can also damage the fabric. It is best to use suitable mild detergents. There are, for example, detergents specifically for functional clothing - then no unpleasant odors remain! You should also not spin your running jackets too hard.
Tumble dryer yes or no? Better not. The functional clothing is sensitive to heat - therefore rather hang it up to dry.
For Gore-Tex materials, other instructions apply, which we explain in detail here.
If your running clothes are impregnated, this protection will eventually wear off. Therefore, the impregnation should be renewed regularly, you can also do this yourself. When washing, you should also avoid using fabric softener.
WHAT TO WEAR UNDERNEATH?
At Sport Conrad you will find a large range of suitable running gear.
The SPORT CONRAD running range
Sport Conrad offers a wide range of running clothes for men, women and children. There are well-known brands like Adidas, Asics, Salomon, but also many other brands that offer functional and high-quality running equipment.