- - 20 %newDynafitAlpine Reflective Jacket Black Out Nimbus MenMSRP 169,95 €135,95 €Available Sizes:SMXL
- - 20 %newDynafitAlpine Reflective Jacket Black Out Pink Glo WomenMSRP 169,95 €135,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 20 %newMonturaAndromeda Maglia Insulation Jacket Nero / Care Blue WomenMSRP 188,95 €151,15 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 20 %newDynafitFree Alpha Direct Insulation Jacket Winter Moss MenMSRP 219,95 €175,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXLXXL
- - 5 %newONClimate Jacket Black MenMSRP 189,95 €180,45 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 5 %newAdidas TerrexXperior Windweave Windbreaker Semi Flash Aqua WomenMSRP 99,95 €94,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 20 %newLa SportivaKoro Jacket Turtle / Forest MenMSRP 169,95 €135,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 5 %newOdloZeroweight Insulator Jacket Black MenMSRP 209,95 €199,45 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 10 %newOdloZeroweight Insulator Jacket Cinnabar / Spiced Apple WomenMSRP 209,95 €188,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 10 %newSalomonBonatti Waterproof Rain Jacket Moonscape WomenMSRP 169,95 €152,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 5 %newSalomonGore-Tex Softshell Jacket Deep Black MenMSRP 149,95 €142,45 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 20 %newDynafitAlpine Hybrid Jacket Royal Purple WomenMSRP 159,95 €127,95 €Available Sizes:XSSML
- - 20 %newDynafitAlpine Hybrid Jacket Burgundy MenMSRP 159,95 €127,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- - 10 %newSalomonGore-Tex Softshell Jacket Deep Black WomenMSRP 149,95 €134,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 10 %newSalomonBonatti Trail Jacket Deep Black / White MenMSRP 229,95 €206,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 20 %newDynafitAlpine Gore-Tex Jacket Burgundy MenMSRP 249,95 €199,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- - 10 %newONWeather Lumos Jacket Woodrose MenMSRP 269,95 €242,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 5 %newOdloZeroweight Insulator Jacket Silver Cloud WomenMSRP 209,95 €199,45 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 5 %newSalomonSense Flow Windbreaker White / Peach Amber WomenMSRP 169,95 €161,45 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 20 %newLa SportivaKoro Jacket Storm Blue / Tea WomenMSRP 169,95 €135,95 €Available Sizes:SM
- - 10 %newUltra Rain Jacket Deep Black MenMSRP 299,95 €269,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 10 %newONWeather Lumos Jacket Woodrose WomenMSRP 269,95 €242,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 10 %newONWeather Jacket Grape / Black WomenMSRP 239,95 €215,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 10 %newSalomonSense Flow Windbreaker White / Ash MenMSRP 169,95 €152,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 10 %newSalomonLight Shell Jacket White WomenMSRP 139,95 €125,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 10 %newSalomonGore-Tex Pro WS Jacket Deep Lichen Green MenMSRP 199,95 €179,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 10 %newOdloZeroweight Insulator Jacket Silver Cloud / India Ink MenMSRP 209,95 €188,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 10 %newOdloEngvik Jacket Silver Cloud / India Ink MenMSRP 189,95 €170,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 10 %newOdloBrensholmen Jacket Cinnabar / Spiced Apple WomenMSRP 109,95 €98,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 20 %newDynafitAlpine Gore-Tex Jacket Royal Purple WomenMSRP 249,95 €199,95 €Available Sizes:XSSML
- - 10 %newUnder ArmourWoven Jacket Misty Purple WomenMSRP 69,95 €62,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 10 %newONWeather Jacket Taiga / Shadow MenMSRP 239,95 €215,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 50 %ScottRC Run WP Rain Jacket Black / Yellow MenMSRP 199,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %DynafitAlpine Wind 2 Windbreaker Hot Coral WomenMSRP 129,95 €64,95 €Available Sizes:34
- - 50 %DynafitVert Wind 72 Jacket Hot Coral WomenMSRP 119,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:343638
- - 50 %Adidas TerrexTrail Print Windbreaker Almost Lime / Black WomenMSRP 99,95 €50,00 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %Kari TraaTirill 2.0 Jacket Taupe WomenMSRP 158,95 €79,50 €Available Sizes:S
- newGore WearR7 GTX Shakedry Rain Jacket Black Men299,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 50 %SalomonBonatti Aero Hoodie Windbreaker White / Deep BlackMSRP 119,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 25 %SalomonBonatti Trail Jacket English Manor / Navy Iris WomenMSRP 229,95 €172,45 €Available Sizes:M
- - 50 %YMR Track ClubTorekov Jacket Navy / Earth Grey MenMSRP 179,95 €89,95 €Available Sizes:L
- newAdidas TerrexAgravic Rain Jacket Black Men179,95 €Available Sizes:LXL
- - 50 %SalomonBonatti Aero Hoodie Windbreaker English Manor / Surf The Web WomenMSRP 119,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 25 %Adidas TerrexFlooce Tech Light Hooded Fleece Jacket Wonder Steel WomenMSRP 89,95 €67,45 €Available Sizes:M
- - 50 %MalojaMontalcinoM. Jacket Fir MenMSRP 159,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %Adidas TerrexAgravic Pro WIND.RDY Windbreaker White WomenMSRP 139,95 €70,00 €Available Sizes:ML
- newGore WearR7 GTX Shakedry Rain Jacket Black Women299,95 €Available Sizes:363840
- - 50 %AsicsNagino Run Windbreaker Cream WomenMSRP 119,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 50 %Adidas TerrexTrail Running Windbreaker Jacket Blue Dawn / Wonder Steel MenMSRP 99,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:XL
- newSalomonBonatti Cross FZ Hoodie Jacket Deep Black Men89,95 €Available Sizes:LXL
- newUnder ArmourStretch Woven Windbreaker Black Men79,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- newSalomonEssential Light Warm Fleece Jacket Moonscape Women79,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 50 %BrooksCanopy Jacket Razzmatazz / Quartz / Hyper Pink WomenMSRP 119,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:SM
- newAdidas TerrexXperior Windweave Windbreaker White Men99,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- newOdloBrensholmen Jacket India Ink Men109,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 50 %Kari TraaVilde Jacket Prism WomenMSRP 128,95 €64,45 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 50 %Adidas TerrexAgravic Pro Windweave Windbreaker Jacket Non-Dyed WomenMSRP 169,95 €84,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- newSalomonEssential Light Warm Fleece Jacket Surf The Weg / Night Sky Men79,95 €Available Sizes:MXL
- newSalomonEssential Light Warm Hoodie Fleece Jacket Phantom Men89,95 €Available Sizes:M
- - 50 %La SportivaBriza Windbreaker Hibiscus / Malibu Blue WomenMSRP 129,95 €64,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newSalomonEssential Light Warm Hoodie Fleece Jacket Moonscape Women89,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- - 50 %Under ArmourUA Anywhere Storm Jacket White WomenMSRP 119,95 €60,00 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %AsicsFlexform Jacket Performance Black MenMSRP 79,95 €39,99 €Available Sizes:M
- newUnder ArmourMotion Jacket Black Women74,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- newSalomonEssential Light Warm Hoodie Fleece Jacket Laurel Wreath Men89,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- newAdidas TerrexAgravic Rain Jacket Non Dyed Women179,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- newUnder ArmourMotion Jacket Misty Purple Women74,95 €Available Sizes:SM
A running jacket is needed for cooler, windy or rainy days and for winter. It is important that the running jacket protects you from external weather conditions, but is breathable enough to transport your own moisture to the outside. There is a suitable jacket for every running type and taste to buy at Sport Conrad.
BUY THE RIGHT RUNNING JACKET ONLINE: WHAT MODELS ARE THERE AND WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES?
There are rain jackets, wind-repellent or windproof running jackets, up to insulating jackets that keep you really warm. You should ask yourself the following questions before you buy:
• Do I run more on asphalt in cities and in the field, or do I run more on trails, maybe in the mountains - or do I need the jacket for my cross-country training?
• Do I tend to run long and enduring or fast and shorter?
• Do I tend to sweat a lot or freeze quickly?
• Do I need a lot of storage space which means more pockets?
• Do I want lightweight material?
• In which weather do I go running most often?
• How does the jacket fit - is it the right size so that it fits tight, but not skin-tight?
For a successful training experience and good performance, you should customize your running gear depending on the answers to these questions. It certainly doesn't hurt to have different clothing models on hand. In the best case, you can use your running jacket for other sports and outdoor adventures as well.
If your running clothes get soaked in the rain, your body will get chilled quickly - so you should definitely wear a jacket that protects you from the outside moisture. There are different factors to consider here:
• Is it just rainy, but mild with no wind? Then a rain jacket that is water repellent, but not completely waterproof, might be enough.
• Is it rainy and cold and you have a longer run ahead of you? Then we definitely recommend a waterproof rain jacket.
A good running rain jacket should protect you from overheating and keep your body warm. A waterproof rain jacket is especially recommended when it's raining hard, the temperatures are cooler and you're going for a longer run - you'll probably sweat less than on short, intense runs and breathability isn't quite as essential. Also, in sleet, a running rain jacket may be more helpful than a warming insulated jacket.
If you're out for short, intense sessions, the jacket doesn't need to be quite as dense, as you'll be sweating more and it will then be more important that your sweat can be transported to the outside.
Besides all these details, you should also look at another important part of the jacket: the hood. Here, you should definitely make sure that you can adjust the hood so that it stays tight and protects you sufficiently and that it doesn't obstruct your view. You may also want a peak in the front that provides additional protection from rain, which can be very helpful for people who wear glasses, for example.
There is a distinction between membranes and coatings. A membrane works like a thin film, while coatings are usually sprayed on.
One of the most well-known membranes is Gore Tex. It makes jackets water repellent or waterproof and wind repellent or windproof, depending on the design. At the same time, the material also guarantees good breathability. Of course, this functionality and quality have their price. There are also cheaper membranes, but they are usually not quite as functional. If you choose a jacket with a coating, it will probably be a bit cheaper - but also not quite as durable.
What else is important? The water column indicates how rainproof a jacket is. This means: how much water can a membrane withstand without water penetrating? As an example: In Switzerland, garments are considered waterproof if they have a water column of at least 4,000 mm. In Germany or other countries, these values may differ. But the fact is: the greater the water column, the tighter the jacket.
For short runs in the rain, for example, a water column of between 2,000 and 10,000 mm is sufficient. However, if you want to go for really long runs, you should invest in higher numbers.
You should also take a closer look at the main material of the running rain jacket: Running jackets made of polyester are rather soft and thin, but also more sensitive. Jackets made of polyamide are more robust.
Jackets that protect you against wind are usually called windrunners or windbreakers. They can range from wind-resistant to windproof. However, these jackets are not just for pure wind, they can be very useful in other weather as well:
• A windbreaker can also be helpful in wind and light rain, if the temperatures are not too cold.
• The type of training you do is also crucial: if you're not going to be out for that long and maybe you're training rather intensively and it's just a bit chilly outside, it's best to take a windbreaker as well.
• A windbreaker is a perfect jacket for the transitional period, for example for autumn with fog and hazy days. If it is not too wet and cold, you can confidently make long runs with it.
• A windbreaker is also a good companion in the summer, when you are in the mountains or the weather can change quickly.
With windbreakers, the main focus is on "light" - the low weight and small pack size. Many windbreakers consist of a very thin layer of material and are therefore also very light and stowable. Nevertheless, they are usually durable and robust. This makes the windbreaker very attractive for trail runners, for example.
The wind jackets are usually not waterproof, but thanks to a coating water-repellent - and very breathable. They are intended to provide temporary wind and weather protection and are therefore not designed for more extreme climatic conditions.
A hood can be helpful, but will not protect as much as the hood of a rain jacket. Again, if you're going for rather long runs, a hood may be comfortable; for short intense runs, you probably won't need it as much.
RUNNING JACKETS FOR WINTER
Last but not least, there are the warming insulation jackets for your winter run. These are also available in waterproof and windproof. The jacket should not let any heat out, but good breathability is important nevertheless. Mostly, the jackets therefore consist of different zones: The torso, for example, is often well protected, while other areas - such as under the arms - are designed to be more permeable.
Depending on your taste, a hood can be a helpful detail. For some runners it is a substitute for a cap, some are bothered by the tight feeling around the head. If the insulation jacket is also to be used for rain runs, a hood is certainly useful. But then you should also make sure that the hood is adjustable and fits tight.
For long runs, storage space is an advantage, which means a jacket with several pockets. Always helpful are small zippered pockets for cell phone, keys, etc.
Insulation jackets consist of thicker materials as well as synthetic fibers. The fillings are usually synthetic fibers that insulate but are still breathable. If you are really fit and rather go on short units with speed, the jacket should then be made primarily of lightweight material.
You should also make sure that your jacket has reflective inserts so that you are easily seen in the dark season. Also, a dark color may be rather impractical for winter, with bright or eye-catching colors you will be seen easier.
OTHER RUNNING JACKETS
Hybrid jackets are - as the name suggests - versatile. They often offer a combination of insulation and breathability. This is achieved, for example, by having good insulation in the front and a breathable back. There are numerous ideas of hybrid jackets - again, it's worth thinking very carefully about what's important to you and what you expect from your jacket.
Fleece jackets can be used quite typically as transitional jackets, they can be thick, thin, slightly moisture transporting, slightly insulating, super light or windproof - the range is huge. Fleece is made of polyester and usually has good breathability. Fleece jackets are super suitable as midlayers, so under a thin or thick jacket or vest. Of course, the jacket can also be worn as such, for example, during runs on dry, colder evenings.
TAKING GOOD CARE
While fleece jackets, for example, can usually be washed easily in the washing machine, it is worth taking a closer look at other jackets. The care instructions should be followed exactly to guarantee a long life of your running clothes.
Fabric softener should be avoided, because it destroys the important fiber structure of the jacket, which contributes to its breathability. Conventional washing powder can also damage the fabric. It is best to use suitable mild detergents. There are, for example, detergents specifically for functional clothing - then no unpleasant odors remain! You should also not spin your running jackets too hard.
Tumble dryer yes or no? Better not. The functional clothing is sensitive to heat - therefore rather hang it up to dry.
For Gore-Tex materials, other instructions apply, which we explain in detail here.
If your running clothes are impregnated, this protection will eventually wear off. Therefore, the impregnation should be renewed regularly, you can also do this yourself. When washing, you should also avoid using fabric softener.
WHAT TO WEAR UNDERNEATH?
At Sport Conrad you will find a large range of suitable running gear.
The SPORT CONRAD running range
Sport Conrad offers a wide range of running clothes for men, women and children. There are well-known brands like Adidas, Asics, Salomon, but also many other brands that offer functional and high-quality running equipment.