- newCardoPacktalk Outdoor Bundle with JBL In-Ear headphones Communication Device White269,95 €One size
- newCardoPacktalk Outdoor Bundle with JBL In-Ear headphones Communication Device Black269,95 €One size
- - 20 %newDynafitTLT Helmet SilvrettaMSRP 139,95 €111,95 €Available Sizes:LXLS/M
- - 20 %newDynafitTLT Helmet NimbusMSRP 139,95 €111,95 €Available Sizes:LXLS/M
- - 38 %newScottVivo Plus Bike Helmet Stealth BlackMSRP 129,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- - 30 %newScottSpunto Junior Bike Helmet Grey / Red RC KidsMSRP 49,95 €34,95 €One size
- - 20 %newDynafitTLT Helmet FrostMSRP 139,95 €111,95 €Available Sizes:LXLS/M
- - 30 %newScottSpunto Junior Bike Helmet Pearl White / Breeze Blue KidsMSRP 49,95 €34,95 €One size
- - 30 %newScottArgo Plus Bike Helmet White / Light PinkMSRP 99,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:M/L
- - 31 %newScottVivo Plus MIPS Bike Helmet White / BlackMSRP 129,95 €89,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 30 %newScottARX Plus Bike Helmet Granite BlackMSRP 119,95 €83,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 30 %newScottARX Plus Bike Helmet Black / Radium YellowMSRP 119,95 €83,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 30 %newScottArgo Plus Bike Helmet Black MattMSRP 99,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:M/L S/M
- - 30 %newPOCOmne Air MIPS Bike Helmet Himalayan Salt MattMSRP 159,95 €111,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 30 %newScottSpunto Kid Bike Helmet Atlantic Blue KidsMSRP 49,95 €34,95 €One size
- - 30 %newPOCVentral Air MIPS Bike Helmet Fluorescent Orange AVIPMSRP 259,95 €181,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- newDeuterCover Bike Helmet Black14,95 €One size
- - 30 %newScottIl Doppio Bike Helmet Black MattMSRP 99,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 30 %newScottIl Doppio Bike HelmetMSRP 99,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 30 %newScottIl Doppio Bike Helmet Smoked GreenMSRP 99,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 38 %UvexI-VO CC Bike Helmet White MattMSRP 79,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:57
- - 38 %GiroFixture Bike Helmet Mat BlackMSRP 79,95 €49,95 €One size
- - 39 %LivallBH51 M Neo Bike Helmet SchwarzMSRP 179,90 €109,95 €Available Sizes:58
- - 38 %UvexI-VO CC Bike Helmet Black / Smoke MatMSRP 79,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:5760
- - 36 %GiroTremor Bike Helmet Mat Glacier KidsMSRP 69,95 €44,95 €One size
- - 36 %GiroTremor Bike Helmet Matte Black KidsMSRP 69,95 €44,95 €One size
- - 30 %CascoActiv 2 Bike Helmet Schwarz MattMSRP 99,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 33 %UvexKid 3 Bike Helmet Dirtbike Gray/Lime KidsMSRP 44,95 €29,95 €Available Sizes:5558
- - 38 %GiroFixture Bike Helmet Matte Portaro GreyMSRP 79,95 €49,95 €One size
- - 50 %GiroVerona Bike Helmet Black Tonal Lines WomenMSRP 49,95 €25,00 €One size
- - 30 %POCOmne Air SPIN Bike Helmet Uranium BlackMSRP 159,95 €111,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 30 %LivallC20 Bike Helmet SchwarzMSRP 69,90 €48,90 €Available Sizes:5861
- - 35 %GiroArtex MIPS Bike Helmet Mat White / BlackMSRP 154,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 42 %UvexFinale 2.0 Bike Helmet Black MattMSRP 129,95 €74,95 €Available Sizes:57
- - 39 %LivallBH51 M Neo Bike Helmet GrauMSRP 179,90 €109,95 €Available Sizes:61
- - 40 %AlpinaMythos 3.0 LE Bike Helmet BlackMSRP 99,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:5762
- - 38 %GiroFixture Bike Helmet Mat GreyMSRP 79,95 €49,95 €One size
- - 40 %AlpinaMythos 3.0 L.E. Bike Helmet Indigo MattMSRP 99,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:57
- - 38 %BellSuper 3R MIPS Bike Helmet Matte Black / GreyMSRP 259,95 €159,95 €Available Sizes:56
- - 50 %ScottVivo Bike Helmet Vogue Silver / Stream BlueMSRP 99,95 €50,00 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %GiroVerona Bike Helmet Mat Titan Tonal Lines WomenMSRP 49,95 €25,00 €One size
- - 30 %CascoActiv 2 Bike Helmet Weiss GlanzMSRP 99,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- - 50 %AlpinaGarbanzo Bike Helmet BlackMSRP 99,95 €50,00 €Available Sizes:61
- - 50 %GiroVerona Bike Helmet White Tonal Lines WomenMSRP 49,95 €25,00 €One size
- - 30 %GiroManifest MIPS Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 279,95 €195,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 50 %UvexQuatro Integrale Bike Helmet Black MatMSRP 149,95 €75,00 €Available Sizes:61
- - 33 %SmithConvoy MIPS Bike Helmet WhiteMSRP 74,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:5962
- - 38 %GiroVerce Bike Helmet Matte Black / Electric PurpleMSRP 79,95 €49,95 €One size
- - 38 %UvexI-VO CC Bike Helmet Papyrus MatMSRP 79,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:5760
- - 30 %GiroRadix Bike Helmet Matte Black MenMSRP 109,95 €76,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- - 30 %GiroVerce Bike Helmet Matte MidnightMSRP 79,95 €55,95 €One size
- - 33 %UvexKid 3 Bike Helmet Race Silver KidsMSRP 44,95 €29,95 €Available Sizes:5558
- - 50 %ScottVivo Plus MIPS Bike Helmet Nitro PurpleMSRP 129,95 €65,00 €Available Sizes:S
- - 30 %POCKortal Bike Helmet Uranium Black MattMSRP 199,95 €139,95 €Available Sizes:XSLXXL
- - 30 %GiroTremor Bike Helmet Bright Green KidsMSRP 69,95 €48,95 €One size
- - 30 %SmithEngage MIPS Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 99,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:62
- - 36 %AlpinaCarapax Jr. Bike Helmet Indigo Matt KidsMSRP 69,95 €44,95 €Available Sizes:56
- - 42 %AlpinaCarapax 2.0 Bike Helmet Black / Neon Yellow MattMSRP 129,95 €74,95 €Available Sizes:57
- - 30 %POCOmne Air MIPS Bike Helmet Hydrogen WhiteMSRP 159,95 €111,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 38 %GiroFixture Bike Helmet Matte Trail GreenMSRP 79,95 €49,95 €One size
- - 50 %ScottVivo Bike Helmet Red /Midnight BlueMSRP 99,95 €50,00 €Available Sizes:S
- - 31 %SmithSession MIPS Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 159,95 €109,95 €Available Sizes:555962
- - 38 %AlpinaParana Bike Helmet Pastel Rose Matt WomenMSRP 79,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:5659
- - 35 %GiroArtex MIPS Bike Helmet Mat BlackMSRP 154,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 33 %UvexKid 3 Bike Helmet Pink Flower KidsMSRP 44,95 €29,95 €Available Sizes:55
- - 50 %UvexFinale 2.0 Bike Helmet Silver / Mint MatMSRP 129,95 €65,00 €Available Sizes:61
- - 30 %POCKortal Race MIPS Bike Helmet Epidote Green / Uranium GreenMSRP 249,95 €174,95 €Available Sizes:XXL
- - 30 %POCOmne Air MIPS Bike Helmet Uranium Black MattMSRP 159,95 €111,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 30 %GiroAgilis MIPS Bike Helmet Matte White MenMSRP 114,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 30 %UvexUnbound MIPS Bike Helmet Forest / Olive MatMSRP 99,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:5862
- - 33 %CascoActiv 2 Bike Helmet White KidsMSRP 74,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 30 %CascoActiv 2 Bike Helmet Blue KidsMSRP 74,95 €52,45 €Available Sizes:S
Riding without a helmet simply...
unbelievable! It was not earlier than 2003 that helmets became mandatory in the regulations of the Tour de France. Very slowly and only seven years after the deadly accident of Fabio Casartelli at the Col de Poret the change to a safe bicycle racing took place.
Crashes are part of cycling, they happen more or less often or they are simply not self-inflicted. Whatever the case may be! What happens during a fall takes place in fractions of a second and is highly unlikely to be controlled. Calculating the probability of injury is like rolling the dice. All the more we should think about reducing our own risk of serious injury.
Yes, of course! A skull bone can withstand a lot, otherwise all children would wear a helmet on the playground. But! We don't really have much of a crumple zone on our heads except for some skin and hair. If an impact occurs, there are forces at work and many variables that are decisive for the degree of injury.
Please. Wear a helmet when riding your bike, whether it's just on the way to the bakery or riding uphill in a group. A fall is often unpredictable and usually happens when it seems impossible.
To help you find the right bike helmet for you, we've got this guide!
The blueprint: Helmet
Maximum performance for the matching discipline
Just as there are various sub-sports of cycling, there are also various helmet designs. For simplicity, we distinguish between three forms.
Half shell helmet
This groups together all helmets that provide protection from the back of the head over the sides to the forehead. A large part of the bicycle helmets are half-shell helmets. Advantage of this form in combination with the Fabrics used is a low weight and good ventilation with high safety.
This form is mainly worn in downhill or mixed disciplines such as Enduro and offers comprehensive protection. Due to the rider safety in the Enduro World Series, there are now many chin bar helmets with micro shells and large vents that can be worn without problems even when riding uphill.
This is a hybrid design of half-shell and chin bar helmets. The special feature is the removable chin bar, which, depending on the model and manufacturer, provides fresh air in the face with a few simple steps. However, this type of helmet has a somewhat reduced stability compared to fixed chin bar helmets, as the locking mechanism separates the shell from the bar.
A question of material composition
How can such a plastic and rigid foam bicycle helmet protect my head? Modern bicycle helmets consist of a multi-layer construction. The outermost shell is made of either the lightweight microshell or the harder hardshell. Both fabrics are based on a plastic base that varies in density and thickness. Underneath the shell is the actual crush zone, the rigid foam made of EPS. Both components are glued together or directly connected in the Inmold process. Removable pads provide comfort between the head and helmet.
The outer shell distributes the impact energy to the rigid foam during a fall and dissipates additional rotational forces through its smooth surface. The EPS absorbs the impact energy by compressing or breaking the Fabrics.
In addition, many bike helmets are already equipped with MIPS technology. The "Multi-Directional Impact Protection System" reduces the rotational force on the head in the event of an impact, in addition to minimizing the friction of the outer shell, and reduces the risk of craniocerebral trauma.
Notice! You need not be afraid of heat accumulation and sweat! The design of the bike helmets provides optimal ventilation and moisture wicking. Many pads are equipped with antibacterial fabric and provide a fresh wearing comfort for a long time.
How long does a bicycle helmet last?
Exactly one fall! Provided it has served its purpose in the process. Otherwise, most EPS fabrics lose their ability to dissipate energy into deformation after five years. This is due to the normal aging process of foams and plastics, as well as accelerating factors such as UV radiation.
Fit and Co.
When buying a helmet, pay particular attention to the correct fit. In our article description you will always find the helmet size in connection with the head circumference. However, that is not all! We can not promise you on this basis that the helmet also fits perfectly. If your order comes to your home, this assessment is up to you.
We will help you step by step!
1. Put on the helmet and check in the open state of the closure, whether to foam and the
pads have somewhere clearance or the helmet disproportionately wide or narrow on your head. The helmet should fit like a second skin on your head. If it fits but pinches at points, you should go for another model..
2. Slowly start to close the fastener until the helmet is comfortably fixed. Check again to
see if you feel any pressure at any point. Does that fit? Then go on!
3. Almost ready! The helmet definitely fits! Now you just have to adjust the straps.
Make sure that the Y-adjustment sits evenly and about 1 cm below the ears and still above the jawbone. When adjusting the width of the straps, you should still have about two fingers of leeway or be able to really yawn without it bothering your neck.
These bike helmets you will find in our shop …
For sure we have helmets for everyone, in various colors and with a wide price range! In addition, all helmets are suitable for use on the e-bike. The following classification should help you a little to get an overview of the areas of use.
Road, gravel and cross country helmets
You like to ride on 25 to 28 mm tire width or also with coarse profile and lower link. Or do you belong to the fraction Race-XC? Here you are right! Most helmets in this category have no visor to minimize wind resistance and block the field of vision in very sporty riding positions. In addition, the helmets are extremely lightweight and well ventilated.
Enduro & downhill
Brake on technical trails and massive airtime in the park? Go for the enduro or downhill helmet. Most helmets in this category are - if they are not already models with chin bar - built with extended protection for the back of the head. And as befits the helmets, of course, have a visor.
For the daily commute
You are every day on the bike in traffic? We have some items on offer that have an integrated light system. So you always stay visible and are safe and also extremely fashionable on the road!
So? What else argues against a bicycle helmet? Absolutely nothing!