- - 25 %newPOCVentral Air MIPS Bike Helmet Hydrogen White MattMSRP 259,95 €194,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 21 %newSmithSession MIPS Bike Helmet Matte CloudgreyMSRP 169,95 €134,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 45 %newSweet ProtectionTrailblazer MIPS Bike Helmet Bolt Gray / Rose GoldMSRP 198,95 €109,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 25 %newPOCTectal Bike Helmet Garnet Red MattMSRP 179,95 €134,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 33 %AlpinaComox Bike Helmet Black MattMSRP 149,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:5762
- - 25 %newPOCTectal Race MIPS Bike Helmet Hydrogen White / Uranium BlackMSRP 239,95 €179,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 40 %Sweet ProtectionDissenter MIPS Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 149,95 €89,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 40 %ScottArgo Plus Bike Helmet Sand BeigeMSRP 99,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:M/L S/M
- - 38 %UvexI-VO CC Bike Helmet Papyrus MatMSRP 79,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:5760
- - 42 %UvexQuatro Bike Helmet All BlackMSRP 119,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:5761
- - 36 %Sweet ProtectionBushwacker II MIPS Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 219,95 €139,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 38 %GiroFixture Bike Helmet Matte Portaro GreyMSRP 79,95 €49,95 €One size
- - 19 %newGiroHelios Spherical Bike Helmet Matte Black FadeMSRP 259,95 €209,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newUvexI-VO CC Bike Helmet White Matt89,95 €Available Sizes:5760
- - 29 %newLivallBH51 T Neo Bike Helmet SchwarzMSRP 139,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:5861
- - 28 %newLivallBH51 M Neo Bike Helmet GrauMSRP 179,95 €129,95 €Available Sizes:61
- newUvexFinale 2.0 Bike Helmet Black Matt139,95 €Available Sizes:5761
- newAlpinaMythos 3.0 LE Bike Helmet Black99,95 €Available Sizes:576264
- - 29 %newLivallEVO21 Bike Helmet SchwarzMSRP 139,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:5862
- newSmithConvoy MIPS Bike Helmet White79,95 €Available Sizes:555962
- - 15 %newCascoActiv 2 Bike Helmet Weiss GlanzMSRP 99,95 €84,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newUvexI-VO CC Mips Bike Helmet Midnight / Silver Matt119,95 €Available Sizes:5760
- newAlpinaCarapax 2.0 Bike Helmet Orchid Matt139,95 €Available Sizes:57
- - 29 %newLivallEVO21 Bike Helmet MintMSRP 139,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:5862
- - 27 %newGiroRadix Bike Helmet Matte Black MenMSRP 109,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- newAlpinaCarapax 2.0 Bike Helmet Moon / Grey / Peach Matt139,95 €Available Sizes:5762
- - 29 %newLivallEVO21 Bike Helmet WeißMSRP 139,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:5862
- newPOCOmne Air MIPS Bike Helmet Hydrogen White169,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newUvexI-VO CC Bike Helmet Red / Black Matt89,95 €Available Sizes:5760
- - 19 %newSmithMainline MIPS Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 309,95 €249,95 €Available Sizes:555962
- newPOCOmne Air MIPS Bike Helmet Uranium Black Matt169,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 26 %newGiroAgilis MIPS Bike Helmet Matte Black MenMSRP 114,95 €84,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 21 %newSmithSession MIPS Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 169,95 €134,95 €Available Sizes:555962
- - 26 %newGiroAgilis MIPS Bike Helmet Matte White MenMSRP 114,95 €84,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 23 %newCascoActiv 2 Bike Helmet Blue KidsMSRP 77,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:S
- newUvexQuatro CC Mips Bike Helmet All Black Matt149,95 €Available Sizes:5761
- newScottARX Plus Bike Helmet Granite Black129,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newUvexI-VO CC Bike Helmet Grey / Rose Matt89,95 €Available Sizes:5760
- - 25 %newGiroSynthe MIPS II Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 219,95 €164,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 25 %newPOCVentral Air MIPS Bike Helmet Uranium Black MattMSRP 259,95 €194,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- newUvexI-VO CC Mips Bike Helmet Pigeon Grey Matt119,95 €Available Sizes:5760
- newPOCCoron Air MIPS Bike Helmet Uranium Black299,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newPOCOtocon Bike Helmet Uranium Black Matt279,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newUvexFinale 2.0 Bike Helmet Moos Green Matt139,95 €Available Sizes:5761
- newPOCKortal Race MIPS Bike Helmet Uranium Black Matt / Hydrogen White249,95 €Available Sizes:XSSLXXL
- newPOCOmne Air MIPS Bike Helmet Fluorescent Orange169,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newSweet ProtectionOutrider MIPS Bike Helmet Matte Black168,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 40 %newGiroSource MIPS Bike Helmet Matte Portaro Grey MenMSRP 149,95 €89,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newUvexTrue CC Bike Helmet Sand / Dust Rose Matt99,95 €Available Sizes:5558
- - 26 %newGiroAgilis MIPS Bike Helmet Matte Midnight / White / RedMSRP 114,95 €84,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newAlpinaMythos Reflective Bike Helmet White Reflective119,95 €Available Sizes:57
- - 12 %newCascoCuda 2 Bike Helmet Blackt /Anthrazit MatMSRP 129,95 €114,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newAlpinaXimo Bike Helmet Jungle Book Gloss Kids54,95 €Available Sizes:4951
- newAlpinaIdol Bike Helmet Mojave Sand Matt129,95 €Available Sizes:5659
- newScottArgo Plus Bike Helmet Black Matt119,95 €Available Sizes:M/L S/M
- - 19 %newGiroHelios Spherical Bike Helmet Matte Black / RedMSRP 259,95 €209,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 25 %newPOCTectal Bike Helmet Hydrogen White MattMSRP 179,95 €134,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newUvexTrue CC Bike Helmet Papyrus / Peacock Matt99,95 €Available Sizes:5558
- - 20 %newAlpinaKamloop Bike Helmet Black Neon / Yellow MattMSRP 99,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:555964
- - 15 %newCascoCuda 2 Bike Helmet White / BlackMSRP 129,95 €109,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 15 %newCascoActiv 2 Bike Helmet OliveMSRP 99,95 €84,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newPOCKortal Race MIPS Bike Helmet Fluorescent Orange Avip / Uranium Black Matt249,95 €Available Sizes:SLXXL
- - 40 %newGiroSource MIPS Bike Helmet Matte Black Fade MenMSRP 149,95 €89,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 26 %newGiroAgilis MIPS Bike Helmet Matte Black / Bright Red MenMSRP 114,95 €84,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 25 %newPOCTectal Fabio Ed. Bike Helmet Uranium Black Matt / GoldMSRP 179,95 €134,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- - 25 %newPOCTectal Race MIPS Bike Helmet Uranium Black / Hydrogen White MattMSRP 239,95 €179,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 25 %newPOCTectal Bike Helmet Uranium Black MattMSRP 179,95 €134,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newPOCVentral Lite Bike Helmet Uranium Black Matt269,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newAlpinaXimo Flash Bike Helmet Flash Green Dino Gloss Kids49,95 €Available Sizes:4951
- newAlpinaMythos Reflective Bike Helmet Black Reflective119,95 €Available Sizes:5762
- newAlpinaMythos 3.0 LE Bike Helmet Dark / Silver Matt99,95 €Available Sizes:5762
- newScottARX Plus Bike Helmet White / Black129,95 €Available Sizes:SML
Riding without a helmet simply...
unbelievable! It was not earlier than 2003 that helmets became mandatory in the regulations of the Tour de France. Very slowly and only seven years after the deadly accident of Fabio Casartelli at the Col de Poret the change to a safe bicycle racing took place.
Crashes are part of cycling, they happen more or less often or they are simply not self-inflicted. Whatever the case may be! What happens during a fall takes place in fractions of a second and is highly unlikely to be controlled. Calculating the probability of injury is like rolling the dice. All the more we should think about reducing our own risk of serious injury.
Yes, of course! A skull bone can withstand a lot, otherwise all children would wear a helmet on the playground. But! We don't really have much of a crumple zone on our heads except for some skin and hair. If an impact occurs, there are forces at work and many variables that are decisive for the degree of injury.
Please. Wear a helmet when riding your bike, whether it's just on the way to the bakery or riding uphill in a group. A fall is often unpredictable and usually happens when it seems impossible.
To help you find the right bike helmet for you, we've got this guide!
The blueprint: Helmet
Maximum performance for the matching discipline
Just as there are various sub-sports of cycling, there are also various helmet designs. For simplicity, we distinguish between three forms.
Half shell helmet
This groups together all helmets that provide protection from the back of the head over the sides to the forehead. A large part of the bicycle helmets are half-shell helmets. Advantage of this form in combination with the Fabrics used is a low weight and good ventilation with high safety.
This form is mainly worn in downhill or mixed disciplines such as Enduro and offers comprehensive protection. Due to the rider safety in the Enduro World Series, there are now many chin bar helmets with micro shells and large vents that can be worn without problems even when riding uphill.
This is a hybrid design of half-shell and chin bar helmets. The special feature is the removable chin bar, which, depending on the model and manufacturer, provides fresh air in the face with a few simple steps. However, this type of helmet has a somewhat reduced stability compared to fixed chin bar helmets, as the locking mechanism separates the shell from the bar.
A question of material composition
How can such a plastic and rigid foam bicycle helmet protect my head? Modern bicycle helmets consist of a multi-layer construction. The outermost shell is made of either the lightweight microshell or the harder hardshell. Both fabrics are based on a plastic base that varies in density and thickness. Underneath the shell is the actual crush zone, the rigid foam made of EPS. Both components are glued together or directly connected in the Inmold process. Removable pads provide comfort between the head and helmet.
The outer shell distributes the impact energy to the rigid foam during a fall and dissipates additional rotational forces through its smooth surface. The EPS absorbs the impact energy by compressing or breaking the Fabrics.
In addition, many bike helmets are already equipped with MIPS technology. The "Multi-Directional Impact Protection System" reduces the rotational force on the head in the event of an impact, in addition to minimizing the friction of the outer shell, and reduces the risk of craniocerebral trauma.
Notice! You need not be afraid of heat accumulation and sweat! The design of the bike helmets provides optimal ventilation and moisture wicking. Many pads are equipped with antibacterial fabric and provide a fresh wearing comfort for a long time.
How long does a bicycle helmet last?
Exactly one fall! Provided it has served its purpose in the process. Otherwise, most EPS fabrics lose their ability to dissipate energy into deformation after five years. This is due to the normal aging process of foams and plastics, as well as accelerating factors such as UV radiation.
Fit and Co.
When buying a helmet, pay particular attention to the correct fit. In our article description you will always find the helmet size in connection with the head circumference. However, that is not all! We can not promise you on this basis that the helmet also fits perfectly. If your order comes to your home, this assessment is up to you.
We will help you step by step!
1. Put on the helmet and check in the open state of the closure, whether to foam and the
pads have somewhere clearance or the helmet disproportionately wide or narrow on your head. The helmet should fit like a second skin on your head. If it fits but pinches at points, you should go for another model..
2. Slowly start to close the fastener until the helmet is comfortably fixed. Check again to
see if you feel any pressure at any point. Does that fit? Then go on!
3. Almost ready! The helmet definitely fits! Now you just have to adjust the straps.
Make sure that the Y-adjustment sits evenly and about 1 cm below the ears and still above the jawbone. When adjusting the width of the straps, you should still have about two fingers of leeway or be able to really yawn without it bothering your neck.
These bike helmets you will find in our shop …
For sure we have helmets for everyone, in various colors and with a wide price range! In addition, all helmets are suitable for use on the e-bike. The following classification should help you a little to get an overview of the areas of use.
Road, gravel and cross country helmets
You like to ride on 25 to 28 mm tire width or also with coarse profile and lower link. Or do you belong to the fraction Race-XC? Here you are right! Most helmets in this category have no visor to minimize wind resistance and block the field of vision in very sporty riding positions. In addition, the helmets are extremely lightweight and well ventilated.
Enduro & downhill
Brake on technical trails and massive airtime in the park? Go for the enduro or downhill helmet. Most helmets in this category are - if they are not already models with chin bar - built with extended protection for the back of the head. And as befits the helmets, of course, have a visor.
For the daily commute
You are every day on the bike in traffic? We have some items on offer that have an integrated light system. So you always stay visible and are safe and also extremely fashionable on the road!
So? What else argues against a bicycle helmet? Absolutely nothing!