- - 50 %SmithForefront 2 MIPS Bike Helmet Matte Cinder HazeMSRP 229,95 €114,95 €Available Sizes:SM
- - 34 %POCKortal Race MIPS Bike Helmet Cerussite Kashima / Uranium Black MetMSRP 249,95 €164,95 €Available Sizes:XSLXXL
- - 50 %POCTectal Race Spin Bike Helmet Hydrogen White / Uranium BlackMSRP 229,95 €114,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %POCTectal Race Spin Bike Helmet Uranium Black / Hydrogen WhiteMSRP 229,95 €114,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 41 %POCOmne Air Mips Bike Helmet Lemon Calcite MattMSRP 169,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:SM
- - 50 %SmithEngage 2 MIPS Bike Helmet Matt AmethystMSRP 119,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:SM
- - 50 %Sweet ProtectionTrailblazer MIPS Bike Helmet Bolt Gray / Rose GoldMSRP 198,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 33 %ScottVivo Plus MIPS Bike Helmet White / BlackMSRP 149,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 50 %Sweet ProtectionOutrider MIPS Bike Helmet Burning OrangeMSRP 149,95 €74,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 33 %POCAxion Bike Helmet Himalayan Salt MattMSRP 149,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 33 %ScottVivo Plus MIPS Bike Helmet Mineral GreenMSRP 149,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:SM
- - 42 %EnduraSingleTrack MIPS Bike Helmet SchwarzMSRP 119,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 34 %POCKortal Race MIPS Bike Helmet Ammolite Coral / Uranium Black MattMSRP 249,95 €164,95 €Available Sizes:SLXXL
- - 38 %GiroFixture Bike Helmet Mat BlackMSRP 79,95 €49,95 €One size
- - 29 %DynafitTLT Ski Touring Helmet SilvrettaMSRP 139,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:LXLS/M
- - 30 %LivallBH51 T Neo Bike Helmet SchwarzMSRP 139,95 €97,95 €Available Sizes:5861
- - 30 %UvexKid 3 Bike Helmet Dirtbike Gray/Lime KidsMSRP 44,95 €31,45 €Available Sizes:58
- - 36 %LivallC20 Bike Helmet SchwarzMSRP 69,90 €44,95 €Available Sizes:5861
- - 29 %DynafitTLT Ski Touring Helmet FrostMSRP 139,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:S/M
- - 30 %CascoActiv 2 Bike Helmet Schwarz MattMSRP 99,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %UvexQuatro Integrale Bike Helmet Black MatMSRP 149,95 €74,95 €Available Sizes:61
- - 33 %LivallBH51 M Neo Bike Helmet GrauMSRP 179,95 €119,95 €Available Sizes:61
- - 30 %UvexFinale 2.0 Bike Helmet Black MattMSRP 139,95 €97,95 €Available Sizes:61
- - 30 %AlpinaMythos 3.0 LE Bike Helmet BlackMSRP 99,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:5762
- - 30 %CascoActiv 2 Bike Helmet Weiss GlanzMSRP 99,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- - 30 %LivallEVO21 Bike Helmet SchwarzMSRP 139,95 €97,95 €Available Sizes:58
- - 31 %SmithConvoy MIPS Bike Helmet WhiteMSRP 79,95 €54,95 €Available Sizes:62
- - 32 %GiroManifest MIPS Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 279,95 €189,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %ScottVivo Bike Helmet Vogue Silver / Stream BlueMSRP 99,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 34 %POCKortal Race MIPS Bike Helmet Epidote Green / Uranium GreenMSRP 249,95 €164,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 30 %LivallEVO21 Bike Helmet MintMSRP 139,95 €97,95 €Available Sizes:5862
- - 25 %POCVentral Air MIPS Bike Helmet Uranium Black MattMSRP 259,95 €194,95 €Available Sizes:M
- - 30 %GiroRadix Bike Helmet Matte Black MenMSRP 109,95 €76,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- POCCoron Air MIPS Bike Helmet Uranium Black299,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 30 %AlpinaCarapax 2.0 Bike Helmet Moon / Grey / Peach MattMSRP 139,95 €97,95 €Available Sizes:62
- - 38 %BellLocal Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 64,95 €39,95 €Available Sizes:59
- - 30 %ScottARX Plus Bike Helmet Granite BlackMSRP 129,95 €90,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 30 %LivallEVO21 Bike Helmet WeißMSRP 139,95 €97,95 €Available Sizes:5862
- - 30 %UvexI-VO CC Bike Helmet Grey / Rose MattMSRP 89,95 €62,95 €Available Sizes:60
- - 30 %SmithMainline MIPS Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 309,95 €216,95 €Available Sizes:62
- - 30 %SmithSession MIPS Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 169,95 €118,95 €Available Sizes:59
- POCKortal Race MIPS Bike Helmet Uranium Black Matt / Hydrogen White249,95 €Available Sizes:XSL
- - 50 %ScottVivo Bike Helmet Red /Midnight BlueMSRP 99,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 30 %Sweet ProtectionOutrider MIPS Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 168,95 €118,25 €Available Sizes:S
- - 29 %SmithConvoy MIPS Bike Helmet PoolMSRP 69,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:5559
- - 30 %ScottCentric Plus Bike Helmet White / BlackMSRP 219,95 €153,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 30 %GiroAgilis MIPS Bike Helmet Matte Black / Bright Red MenMSRP 114,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 30 %GiroSynthe MIPS II Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 219,95 €153,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 25 %POCOtocon Bike Helmet Uranium Black MattMSRP 279,95 €209,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 30 %ScottARX Plus Bike Helmet Black / Radium YellowMSRP 119,95 €83,95 €Available Sizes:S
- POCKortal Race MIPS Bike Helmet Hydrogen White249,95 €Available Sizes:XSL
- - 50 %UvexTested product Quatro CC Bike Helmet Oak Brown / Black MattMSRP 129,95 €64,95 €Available Sizes:5761
- - 30 %SmithForefront 2 MIPS Bike Helmet Matte BlackMSRP 229,95 €159,95 €Available Sizes:5562
- - 38 %UvexRise CC Bike Helmet Aqua / BlackMSRP 129,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:56
- - 50 %UvexTested product Finale 2.0 Bike Helmet Teal Blue MatMSRP 129,95 €64,95 €Available Sizes:5761
- - 30 %ScottCentric Plus Bike Helmet Stealth BlackMSRP 219,95 €153,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 40 %ScottArgo Plus Bike Helmet Sand BeigeMSRP 99,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:M/L
- - 40 %ScottArgo Plus Bike Helmet White / Light PinkMSRP 99,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:S/M
- - 25 %POCTectal Bike Helmet Uranium Black MattMSRP 179,95 €134,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 40 %GiroSource MIPS Bike Helmet Matte Black Fade MenMSRP 149,95 €89,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 30 %UvexTrue CC Bike Helmet Papyrus / Peacock MattMSRP 99,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:55
- - 30 %AlpinaMythos 3.0 LE Bike Helmet Dark / Silver MattMSRP 99,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:62
- - 30 %GiroHelios Spherical Bike Helmet Matte Black / RedMSRP 259,95 €181,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- - 34 %POCKortal Race MIPS Bike Helmet Fluorescent Orange Avip / Uranium Black MattMSRP 249,95 €164,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 26 %POCVentral Lite Bike Helmet Granite Grey MattMSRP 269,95 €199,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 25 %POCTectal Bike Helmet Hydrogen White MattMSRP 179,95 €134,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 26 %POCVentral Lite Bike Helmet Uranium Black MattMSRP 269,95 €199,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 31 %AlpinaIdol Bike Helmet Mojave Sand MattMSRP 129,95 €89,95 €Available Sizes:56
- - 30 %AlpinaXimo Bike Helmet Jungle Book Gloss KidsMSRP 54,95 €38,45 €Available Sizes:51
- - 31 %SmithConvoy MIPS Bike Helmet MossMSRP 79,95 €54,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 50 %ScottVivo Plus MIPS Bike Helmet White / BlackMSRP 129,95 €64,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %AlpinaRootage Bike Helmet Dirtblue MatteMSRP 189,95 €94,95 €Available Sizes:62
Riding without a helmet simply...
unbelievable! It was not earlier than 2003 that helmets became mandatory in the regulations of the Tour de France. Very slowly and only seven years after the deadly accident of Fabio Casartelli at the Col de Poret the change to a safe bicycle racing took place.
Crashes are part of cycling, they happen more or less often or they are simply not self-inflicted. Whatever the case may be! What happens during a fall takes place in fractions of a second and is highly unlikely to be controlled. Calculating the probability of injury is like rolling the dice. All the more we should think about reducing our own risk of serious injury.
Yes, of course! A skull bone can withstand a lot, otherwise all children would wear a helmet on the playground. But! We don't really have much of a crumple zone on our heads except for some skin and hair. If an impact occurs, there are forces at work and many variables that are decisive for the degree of injury.
Please. Wear a helmet when riding your bike, whether it's just on the way to the bakery or riding uphill in a group. A fall is often unpredictable and usually happens when it seems impossible.
To help you find the right bike helmet for you, we've got this guide!
The blueprint: Helmet
Maximum performance for the matching discipline
Just as there are various sub-sports of cycling, there are also various helmet designs. For simplicity, we distinguish between three forms.
Half shell helmet
This groups together all helmets that provide protection from the back of the head over the sides to the forehead. A large part of the bicycle helmets are half-shell helmets. Advantage of this form in combination with the Fabrics used is a low weight and good ventilation with high safety.
This form is mainly worn in downhill or mixed disciplines such as Enduro and offers comprehensive protection. Due to the rider safety in the Enduro World Series, there are now many chin bar helmets with micro shells and large vents that can be worn without problems even when riding uphill.
This is a hybrid design of half-shell and chin bar helmets. The special feature is the removable chin bar, which, depending on the model and manufacturer, provides fresh air in the face with a few simple steps. However, this type of helmet has a somewhat reduced stability compared to fixed chin bar helmets, as the locking mechanism separates the shell from the bar.
A question of material composition
How can such a plastic and rigid foam bicycle helmet protect my head? Modern bicycle helmets consist of a multi-layer construction. The outermost shell is made of either the lightweight microshell or the harder hardshell. Both fabrics are based on a plastic base that varies in density and thickness. Underneath the shell is the actual crush zone, the rigid foam made of EPS. Both components are glued together or directly connected in the Inmold process. Removable pads provide comfort between the head and helmet.
The outer shell distributes the impact energy to the rigid foam during a fall and dissipates additional rotational forces through its smooth surface. The EPS absorbs the impact energy by compressing or breaking the Fabrics.
In addition, many bike helmets are already equipped with MIPS technology. The "Multi-Directional Impact Protection System" reduces the rotational force on the head in the event of an impact, in addition to minimizing the friction of the outer shell, and reduces the risk of craniocerebral trauma.
Notice! You need not be afraid of heat accumulation and sweat! The design of the bike helmets provides optimal ventilation and moisture wicking. Many pads are equipped with antibacterial fabric and provide a fresh wearing comfort for a long time.
How long does a bicycle helmet last?
Exactly one fall! Provided it has served its purpose in the process. Otherwise, most EPS fabrics lose their ability to dissipate energy into deformation after five years. This is due to the normal aging process of foams and plastics, as well as accelerating factors such as UV radiation.
Fit and Co.
When buying a helmet, pay particular attention to the correct fit. In our article description you will always find the helmet size in connection with the head circumference. However, that is not all! We can not promise you on this basis that the helmet also fits perfectly. If your order comes to your home, this assessment is up to you.
We will help you step by step!
1. Put on the helmet and check in the open state of the closure, whether to foam and the
pads have somewhere clearance or the helmet disproportionately wide or narrow on your head. The helmet should fit like a second skin on your head. If it fits but pinches at points, you should go for another model..
2. Slowly start to close the fastener until the helmet is comfortably fixed. Check again to
see if you feel any pressure at any point. Does that fit? Then go on!
3. Almost ready! The helmet definitely fits! Now you just have to adjust the straps.
Make sure that the Y-adjustment sits evenly and about 1 cm below the ears and still above the jawbone. When adjusting the width of the straps, you should still have about two fingers of leeway or be able to really yawn without it bothering your neck.
These bike helmets you will find in our shop …
For sure we have helmets for everyone, in various colors and with a wide price range! In addition, all helmets are suitable for use on the e-bike. The following classification should help you a little to get an overview of the areas of use.
Road, gravel and cross country helmets
You like to ride on 25 to 28 mm tire width or also with coarse profile and lower link. Or do you belong to the fraction Race-XC? Here you are right! Most helmets in this category have no visor to minimize wind resistance and block the field of vision in very sporty riding positions. In addition, the helmets are extremely lightweight and well ventilated.
Enduro & downhill
Brake on technical trails and massive airtime in the park? Go for the enduro or downhill helmet. Most helmets in this category are - if they are not already models with chin bar - built with extended protection for the back of the head. And as befits the helmets, of course, have a visor.
For the daily commute
You are every day on the bike in traffic? We have some items on offer that have an integrated light system. So you always stay visible and are safe and also extremely fashionable on the road!
So? What else argues against a bicycle helmet? Absolutely nothing!