“Build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis.” This is the statement of Patagonia.
- newPatagoniaGirls' Micro D Snap-T Fleece Jacket New Navy / Marble Pink Kids84,95 €
- newPatagoniaHampi Rock Pants Piton Purple Women89,95 €
- newPatagoniaStand Up Cropped Pants Umber Brown Women139,95 €
- newPatagoniaLightweight Pack Out - 26" Tights Black Women89,95 €
- newPatagoniaStand Up - 5" Shorts Umber Brown Women129,95 €
- PatagoniaHampi Rock Pants Coriander Men85,00 €
- newPatagoniaCapilene Cool Trail Bike Henley Shortsleeved Jersey Gypsum Green Women59,95 €
- newPatagoniaCapilene Cool Trail Bike Henley Shortsleeved Jersey Steller Blue Women59,95 €
- newPatagoniaCapilene Cool Trail Bike Henley Shortsleeved Jersey Wood Brown Men59,95 €
- newPatagoniaCapilene Cool Trail Bike Henley Shortsleeved Jersey Black Men59,95 €
- - 50 %PatagoniaBaby Reversible Beanie Disty Detail / Lite Distilled Green Kids35,00 €17,50 €
- newPatagoniaCapilene Midweight Bike Longsleeved Jersey Bear Witness Camo: Sage Khaki Men79,95 €
- newPatagoniaCapilene Midweight Bike Longsleeved Jersey Crater Blue Men79,95 €
- newPatagoniaCapilene Midweight Bike Longsleeved Jersey Black Women79,95 €
- newPatagoniaEndless Ride Liner - 8" Tights Black Women79,95 €
- newPatagoniaEndless Ride Liner - 9" Tights Black Men79,95 €
- newPatagoniaSummit Road Organic T-Shirt Classic Navy Men39,95 €
- newPatagoniaSummit Road Organic T-Shirt White Men39,95 €
- newPatagoniaP-6 Logo Responsibili-Tee T-Shirt Big Sky Blue Men39,95 €
- newPatagoniaSummit Road Organic T-Shirt Upwell Blue Men39,95 €
- newPatagoniaP-6 Logo Responsibili-Tee T-Shirt Gravel Heather Men39,95 €
- newPatagoniaLine Logo Ridge Pocket Responsibili-Tee T-Shirt Black Men44,95 €
- newPatagoniaP-6 Logo Organic Crew T-Shirt White Women39,95 €
- newPatagoniaPastel P-6 Logo Organic Cotton Crew T-Shirt Vela Peach Women39,95 €
- newPatagoniaLine Logo Ridge Pocket Responsibili-Tee T-Shirt Classic Navy Men44,95 €
- newPatagoniaLine Logo Ridge Pocket Responsibili-Tee T-Shirt White Men44,95 €
- newPatagoniaCapilene Cool Daily Graphic T-Shirt MTB Crest: Hawk Gold X-Dye Men44,95 €
- newPatagoniaM`s Capilene Cool Daily Graphic T-Shirt P-6 Logo: Feather Grey Men44,95 €
- newPatagoniaCapilene Cool Daily Graphic T-Shirt Switchback Run: Gypsum Green X-Dye Women44,95 €
- newPatagoniaMount Airy Scoop Tee T-Shirt Mellow Melon Women34,95 €
- newPatagoniaP-6 Logo Responsibili-Tee T-Shirt Coho Coral Men39,95 €
- newPatagoniaCapilene Cool Trail T-Shirt Camp Green Women39,95 €
- newPatagoniaFlying Fish Organic T-Shirt Upwell Blue Men39,95 €
- newPatagoniaCapilene Cool Daily Graphic T-Shirt Sunset Sets: Pineapple Women44,95 €
- newPatagoniaCapilene Cool Daily Graphic T-Shirt Ridgeline Runner: Iggy Blue Women44,95 €
- newPatagoniaCapilene Cool Daily Graphic T-Shirt Fitz Roy Scope: Feather Grey Men44,95 €
Since 1996 Patagonia uses only organic cotton in the clothing collection. Eco-fibers are used in more than 60% of all products and 89% of the products, such as the popular Puff insulation jacket, are recyclable.
The extraordinary history of Patagonia
The American climber and founder of Patagonia, Yvon Chouniard, started to make reusable climbing hooks in the backyard of his parents' house more than 60 years ago. It was a great innovation for climbing, because climbing hooks weren’t reusable before. Although the business was booming and "Chouniard Equipment" was the biggest manufacturer of climbing gear in the USA in 1970, Chouinard was not satisfied: his hooks still caused harm to the environment, as they left holes in the rock. Therefore, Chouinard decided to discontinue the production of these hooks despite the economic risk and came up with an alternative - aluminum chocks, which could be wedged in rock cracks and removed again.
The new concept was a complete success and soon afterwards the outdoor company began to produce outdoor apparel for women, men and kids, which became more and more sustainable and environmentally friendly over the years. To differentiate the garment line from the hardware company, it was sold under the name Patagonia. The name refers to the then still puzzling and unknown region in Chile and Argentina and should evoke images of "glaciers tumbling into fjords, jagged windswept peaks, gauchos and condors".
©Ice climbing by Zeugswetter
Patagonia: If it’s broke, fix it!
Patagonia uses only the best materials and is constantly looking for new ones all over the world (or alternatively develops them together with suppliers). Among other materials, the company uses the environmentally-friendly natural fiber hemp, organic cotton, recycled down from old linen and clothing, recycled nylon, recycled polyester from plastic bottles for fleece clothing and recycled wool.
Although the outdoor company produces only very high-quality, long-lasting products, it happens that the clothing is damaged after years of use. Therefore, Patagonia has introduced the "Worn Wear" program: whether it is pants, jeans, shorts, pullovers and shirts, jackets or accessories, every Patagonia product gets repaired. Patagonia operates the largest textile repair center in North America with over 30,000 repairs per year, trains shop staff to carry out minor repairs, and provides free repair instructions for customers. Products that cannot be repaired are recycled to new fibers and fabrics.
In addition to Patagonia’s own efforts to protect the planet, the company supports a variety of projects and tries to strengthen the global awareness of environmental protection. To do so, Patagonia donates money to hundreds of environmental groups a year. As a result, the company makes a decisive contribution to the preservation of our planet. In addition, Patagonia is part of the "1% for the planet" movement and thus donates 1% of its sales to environmental organizations. This year, 100% of the Black Friday revenues will be used to support environmental groups as well.
©Loading baggage into the airplane by Rutherford