- - 16 %newScarpaTX Pro NTN Telemark Boots Lyons Blue/Red Orange MenMSRP 628,95 €529,95 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM25,526,026,527,027,5
- - 17 %newScarpaTX Comp NTN Telemark Boots Anthracite / Acid Green MenMSRP 598,95 €499,95 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM25,025,526,026,527,0
- - 3 %CrispiEvo NTN Active Liner with Tongue Telemark Boots Grau / Orange MenMSRP 619,95 €599,95 €Available Sizes:25,026,026,527,027,5
- - 3 %CrispiEvo World Cup NTN Telemark Boots Orange / Weiß MenMSRP 619,95 €599,95 €Available Sizes:25,526,027,528,030,0
- - 10 %newScarpaT1 Thermo Telemark Boots Anthracite / TealMSRP 598,95 €539,95 €Available Sizes:25,526,026,527,027,5
- - 15 %newScottVoodoo 75 mm Telemark Boots White/Black MenMSRP 529,95 €449,00 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM25,526,026,527,027,5
- - 9 %ScottVoodoo NTN Telemark Boots Anthracite / Black MenMSRP 549,95 €499,00 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM25,025,526,527,530,0
- - 16 %newScarpaTX Pro NTN Telemark Boots Emerald / Ice Blue WomenMSRP 628,95 €529,95 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM23,023,524,024,525,0
- - 3 %CrispiEvo NTN Dynamic Overlap Liner Telemark Boots Grau / OrangeMSRP 619,95 €599,95 €Available Sizes:25,025,526,026,527,0
- - 6 %ScarpaT2 Eco Telemark Boots Bourgogne/Polar Blue WomenMSRP 498,95 €469,95 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM23,023,524,024,525,0
- - 10 %newScarpaT2 Eco Telemark Boots True Blue/Acid Green MenMSRP 568,95 €509,95 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM26,026,527,027,528,0
Without a telemark boot, the best ski and binding will be of no use. Because only telemark boots fit telemark bindings, and become the connection between the ski and the rider. Boots by the brands Scott, Scarpa and Crispi differ, depending on the type of binding, the area of use and the fit itself.
Free your heel on telemark skis
To many, telemarking means freedom. On the one side freedom of nature, on the other side freedom of the heel, because when telemarking, the heal is not fixed in the telemark binding and onto the telemark ski. As of this, you need specific bindings and specific boots.
So what is the difference to regular ski boots? It can easily be seen. These boots have a pleat in the tip of the boot, which enables telemark skiing where you bend your knee and foot.
75mm vs. NTN - Telemark boot and binding go hand in hand
When telemarking, there are two different binding systems. There is the classic 75mm one, and then there is the NTN binding “New Telemark Norm”. Both systems have the same function but work differently.
The 75mm binding fixes the ski boot in its toe piece and holds it using springs, creating a cable strain. These boots therefore have a 75mm wide extension in the front.
The NTN binding is the newer model and has a couple of advantages such as increased stability and torsional stiffness. These boots do not need an extension in the front but have a so-called binding plate in the front part of the sole. Depending on the manufacturer, some NTN boots also have tech inserts in the front or both in the back and front.
Some people first pick a binding and then look for the best boot, other telemarkers pick their boot first and take the binding that fits it. How you do it is up to you!
What else is there to pay attention to when it comes to telemark boots?
As with regular alpine boots, telemark boots vary. Different flexes - the higher the flex, the more downhill oriented - different cuts and different isolations. Also, women’s and men’s boots are different in the way they are built: As women’s calves usually start lower, the stem of the boot is lower. Also, the inner boot is usually a bit narrower.
Telemark boots also differ in their stem rotation, which is especially important when touring up. If it is too low, you will not have enough movement flexibility. Speeking of touring up: Most telemark boots these days have an integrated walking mode, which lets you tour with them!
What is most important is the fit. If the boot does not fit you well, telemarking will very quickly become very uncomfortable. If it is too large, you will get blisters, if it is too small it will hurt as well! Another important aspect is the intended area of use. If you are a beginner or you intend to tour a lot, you will prefer a boot that has three buckles, because these are softer and weigh less. If you are more descent oriented, you will pick one with four buckles. By the way, telemark boots can be adapted to your individual feet using heat. Our experts at the store will gladly assist you with the boot fitting!