- - 13 %Black DiamondDistance Carbon FLZ Foldable Pole Black / Blue159,95 €139,95 €
- - 38 %LekiVertical K Pole Schwarz-Weiß129,95 €79,95 €
- - 14 %Black DiamondDistance Carbon Z Foldable Pole Ultra Blue139,95 €119,95 €
- - 29 %LekiMicro Stick Carbon Pole139,95 €99,95 €
- - 13 %DynafitVertical Foldable Pole General Lee / Methyl Blue114,95 €99,95 €
- - 10 %DynafitUltra Pole Foldable Pole Malta / Cactus134,95 €121,45 €
- - 17 %DynafitVertical Pro Foldable Pole Black / Cactus144,95 €119,95 €
- - 18 %LekiMicro Vario Carbon Pole169,95 €139,95 €
- - 18 %LekiMicro Vario Carbon Strong Pole169,95 €139,95 €
- - 17 %LekiMicro Vario Carbon AS Pole179,95 €149,95 €
- - 17 %LekiMicro Vario Carbon AS Pole Women179,95 €149,95 €
- - 36 %LekiMicro Flash Carbon Pole Blue / White / Lime139,95 €89,95 €
- - 13 %LekiMicro Trail Pro Pole Neonpink / Grau / Neongelb149,95 €129,95 €
- - 13 %LekiMicro RCM Superlight Pole Neorot / Naturcarbon / Neongelb149,95 €129,95 €
- - 13 %LekiMCT Superlite Carbon Pole159,95 €139,95 €
- - 11 %LekiMCT 12 Vario Carbon Pole Men189,95 €169,95 €
- - 11 %LekiMCT 12 Vario Carbon Pole Women189,95 €169,95 €
- - 20 %LekiMicro Trail Pro Pole149,95 €119,95 €
- - 13 %LekiMicro Trail Race Pole159,95 €139,95 €
- - 20 %LekiMicro Trail Vario 110-130 Pole199,95 €159,95 €
- - 20 %LekiMicro Trail Vario 100-120 Pole199,95 €159,95 €
- - 12 %KomperdellCarbon FXP.4 Summit Vario Compact Pole Schwarz / Blau Women169,95 €149,95 €
- - 10 %KomperdellFXP .4 Cloud Vario Pole Schwarz / Silber199,95 €179,95 €
- - 15 %KomperdellCarbon.FXP Trail Pole Schwarz / Bronze129,95 €109,95 €
- - 12 %KomperdellCarbon FXP.4 Summit Vario Pole Schwarz / Bronze169,95 €149,95 €
- - 10 %KomperdellCarbon .FXP Cloud Pole Schwarz / Titan159,95 €143,95 €
- - 10 %KomperdellCarbon .FXP Team Green Pole Grün179,95 €161,95 €
- - 10 %KomperdellCarbon FXP.4 Cloud Vario Compact Pole Schwarz / Titan199,95 €179,95 €
- - 10 %KomperdellCarbon .FXP Team Pole Pink179,95 €161,95 €
- - 20 %KomperdellCarbon FXP.4 Approach Vario Pole Schwarz / Blau149,95 €119,90 €
- - 13 %Sense Ultra Foldable Pole Black149,95 €129,95 €
- - 10 %newDynafitUltra Pro Foldable Pole Carbon / Methyl Blue164,95 €148,45 €
- - 12 %LekiTour Stick Vario Carbon Pole169,95 €149,95 €
Who needs poles to run? Well, runners do – especially trail runners! Of course, these poles are by no means a must-have, but they do have a bunch of advantages which is why so many people use them. They relieve your legs, offer stability and increase sure-footedness both up- and downhill. One brand that is very well known in this area is LEKI, who concentrate on poles, but other brands such as Scott and Black Diamond offer equally good material!
Why use running poles?
Because they provide lots of stability. Especially when the ground is rocky, uneven or very steep, this is of great advantage. As you also use your upper body, your legs are relieved, which saves energy when on long runs. Especially when going uphill, your muscles on your thighs and calves are spared. And when going downhill, the poles increase your stability. As your body is really working hard when trail running, the poles for sure make it easier.
Characteristics of running poles
Some people might argue that running poles might make running easier, but you still have to carry them? Sure, but running poles really do no weigh much. Most of the time, they are made of carbon, ensuring a weight of about 200g per pole. Running poles are either foldable, 3-piece or have a fixed length. While foldable poles can be folded similar to how avalanche probes work, 3-piece ones can easily be adjustet like telescope poles.
The advantage of these types is clear: you can put them in or onto your backpack. The tip of the poles is usually made of very hard metal and ensure precise usage.
Some running poles can also be used when hiking to your via ferrata or when doing Nordic Walking. As of this, most poles will easily let you switch the pole baskets. But there are also specific poles for Nordic Walking, trekking and hiking!
It is not only about running poles, you also need all other outdoor equipment
To ensure that the poles are actually of use, there is a simple rule: when going uphill, shorten them about 5-10cm, when doing downhill, they need to be 5-10cm longer.
Read more regarding trail running and running poles
©Running poles by Christoph Schöch ©Foldable running poles by Claudia Ziegler