Gloves | Alpine Skiing
- newIcebreaker200 Oasis Liners Gloves Black35,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- newHoudiniPower Wrist Gaiters Gloves Purple Heather29,95 €Available Sizes:SM
- HestraGaunlet C-Zone 3- Gloves Dark Navy / Turquise Kids59,95 €Available Sizes:45
- LekiWorldcup S Junior Gloves Black / Ice Lemon Kids59,95 €Available Sizes:4,05,0
- ZienerLago GTX Junior Gloves Black Kids30,95 €Available Sizes:4,05,0
- - 20 %HestraArmy Leather Heli Ski Gloves NavyMSRP 139,95 €111,95 €Available Sizes:7
- ZienerLani GTX Junior Gloves Black Kids49,95 €Available Sizes:3,54,04,55,05,5
- - 20 %HestraArmy Leather Extreme Mittens Black / BlackMSRP 159,95 €127,95 €Available Sizes:10,0
- ZienerLanic GTX + Gore Plus Warm Junior Mittens Black Kids49,95 €Available Sizes:3,03,54,04,55,0
- - 20 %ZienerIlko GTX INF Gloves Lime GreenMSRP 55,95 €44,75 €Available Sizes:7,08,09,5
- - 20 %ZienerGlyndal GTX + Gore Plus Warm Mittens Black MenMSRP 75,95 €60,75 €Available Sizes:7,07,58,09,0
- - 20 %RoecklKoyuk Primaloft Mittens BlackMSRP 39,95 €31,95 €Available Sizes:XS
- HestraGTX Mittens Black Kids64,95 €Available Sizes:23456
- - 20 %LenzHeat Glove 6.0 Finger Cap Unisex - without battery - Mittens SchwarzMSRP 159,95 €127,95 €Available Sizes:XSMXL
- - 20 %HestraHeli Ski Mittens Fuchsia / Offwhite WomenMSRP 129,95 €103,95 €Available Sizes:678
- - 20 %LekiRace Coach C-Tech S Mittens Black / Ice LemonMSRP 149,95 €119,95 €Available Sizes:6,5
- ReuschMaxim GTX Junior Gloves Black / Safety Yellow Kids49,95 €Available Sizes:4,04,55,05,5
- - 20 %HestraPhilippe Raoux Classic Gloves NavyMSRP 159,95 €127,95 €Available Sizes:7,0
- - 20 %LenzHeat Glove 6.0 Finger Cap - without battery - Gloves Schwarz WomenMSRP 159,95 €127,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 20 %HestraLeather Pull Over Mittens BlackMSRP 64,95 €51,95 €Available Sizes:8,011,0
- - 20 %ReuschBaffin Touch-Tec Gloves Black / SilverMSRP 69,95 €55,95 €Available Sizes:7,08,09,010,0
- HestraArmy Leather Heli Ski 3-Finger Gloves Fuchsia Kids98,95 €Available Sizes:4567
- HestraArmy Leather Heli Ski 3- Gloves Black Kids98,95 €Available Sizes:4
- HestraGTX Mittens Fuchsia Kids64,95 €Available Sizes:3
- - 50 %ReuschKadir Down R-Tex XT Mittens Pink Glow KidsMSRP 39,95 €20,00 €Available Sizes:5,0
- - 20 %ZienerKantala GTX INF Mittens Black WomenMSRP 69,95 €55,95 €Available Sizes:8,0
- - 20 %LenzHeat Glove 6.0 Finger Cap - without battery - Gloves Schwarz MenMSRP 159,95 €127,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- HestraArmy Leather Heli Gloves Black Kids98,95 €Available Sizes:5
- - 50 %ZienerLarino GTX Glove Junior Gloves Black Magnet KidsMSRP 39,95 €20,00 €Available Sizes:4,04,5
- LekiPatrol 3D Gloves Petrol / Graphit Kids49,95 €Available Sizes:4,05,06,0
- - 24 %HestraArmy Leather Couloir Gloves Navy / TanMSRP 129,95 €99,00 €Available Sizes:10,0
- - 50 %ZienerLaval AS(R) AW Glove Junior Gloves Red Cabin KidsMSRP 39,95 €20,00 €Available Sizes:4,5
- - 20 %IcebreakerNew Testival Product 260 Tech Glove BlackMSRP 39,95 €31,95 €Available Sizes:XL
- LekiWorldcup Race Coach Flex S GTX® Junior Gloves Black / Ice Lemon Kids119,95 €Available Sizes:5,06,0
- - 20 %LekiGriffin Tune S Boa Gloves BlackMSRP 149,95 €119,95 €Available Sizes:8,0
- - 17 %ZienerLauro AS Junior Gloves Persian Blue / Dark Navy KidsMSRP 35,95 €29,95 €Available Sizes:9298104110116
- - 20 %HestraNew Testival Product Ergo Grip Active Wool Terry Gloves Black / OffwhiteMSRP 109,95 €87,95 €Available Sizes:8,010,0
- - 50 %ZienerLeif GTX Glove Junior Gloves Blue Sea KidsMSRP 39,95 €20,00 €Available Sizes:3,54,0
- - 17 %ZienerLaurus AS Junior Mittens Persian Blue / Dark Navy KidsMSRP 35,95 €29,95 €Available Sizes:9298104110116
- - 20 %DynafitRadical Softshell Gloves Marine BlueMSRP 59,95 €47,95 €Available Sizes:XSSML
- ZienerLaurus AS Junior Mittens Light Mélange / Neon Pink Kids35,95 €Available Sizes:104110
- - 20 %HestraFall Line Gloves Black / BlackMSRP 139,95 €111,95 €Available Sizes:11,0
- - 20 %HestraErgo Grip Active Wool Terry Gloves Dark Forest / BlackMSRP 109,95 €87,95 €Available Sizes:8,0
- - 20 %ReuschDown Spirit GTX Mittens Black / SilverMSRP 139,95 €111,95 €Available Sizes:9,010,0
- - 50 %ReuschKaden Down R-Tex XT Mittens Black KidsMSRP 39,95 €20,00 €Available Sizes:2,04,0
- ZienerLauro AS Junior Gloves Light Mélange / Neon Pink Kids35,95 €Available Sizes:9298104
- - 20 %ZienerKimal GTX Lady Gloves Black WomenMSRP 45,95 €36,75 €Available Sizes:7,07,58,0
- - 50 %RoecklSequoia STX Gloves Lorbeerblatt MenMSRP 99,95 €50,00 €Available Sizes:10,5
- - 50 %ZienerLani GTX Gloves Tir KidsMSRP 49,95 €25,00 €Available Sizes:4,04,5
- - 20 %HestraVoss CZone Mittens Sea Blue WomenMSRP 109,95 €87,95 €Available Sizes:9,010,0
- - 20 %HestraArmy Leather Heli Ski Mittens NavyMSRP 139,95 €111,95 €Available Sizes:9,0
- - 50 %RoecklCedar STX Mittens Lorbeerblatt WomenMSRP 99,95 €50,00 €Available Sizes:6,5
- - 20 %IcebreakerMerinoloft Mittens BlackMSRP 99,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- - 20 %LevelRace Replica Gloves Goldeneagle MenMSRP 99,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:7,08,0
- - 50 %ZienerLevi AS Minis Mittens Snowflake Print KidsMSRP 29,95 €15,00 €Available Sizes:8098
- - 27 %Black DiamondMercury Mitts Mittens Black WomenMSRP 109,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:XL
- - 20 %ReuschWorlcup Warrior R-tex XT Gloves Black / Fluo RedMSRP 119,95 €95,95 €Available Sizes:7,07,59,5
- - 20 %HestraTouch Point Warmth Gloves GreyMSRP 39,95 €31,95 €Available Sizes:10,0
- HestraGTX Gauntlet Jr. Gloves Dark Navy Kids64,95 €Available Sizes:3,05,06,0
- HestraArmy Leather Heli Ski Jr. 3- Gloves Royal Blue Kids98,95 €Available Sizes:4,07,0
- ZienerLevi AS Minis Mittens Persian Blue Kids29,95 €Available Sizes:92
- - 20 %LekiWorldcup Race Coach Flex S GTX Gloves Black-Ice LemonMSRP 169,95 €135,95 €Available Sizes:7,58,0
- - 20 %LevelRace Speed Mitt Mittens Goldeneagle MenMSRP 169,95 €135,95 €Available Sizes:9,09,510,0
- - 20 %HestraFall Line Gloves Bordeaux WomenMSRP 119,95 €95,95 €Available Sizes:8,0
- - 50 %ReuschSonja R-Tex XT Mittens Very Berry / White WomenMSRP 129,95 €65,00 €Available Sizes:6,5
- ZienerLevi AS Minis Mittens Dark Purple Kids29,95 €Available Sizes:80
- - 24 %ZienerGermani PR Mittens Gray InkMSRP 129,95 €99,00 €Available Sizes:7,09,5
- LekiRace Coach C-Tech S Mittens Black / Ice Lemon Kids99,95 €Available Sizes:5,0
- - 20 %LekiFalcon 3D Gloves Black / RedMSRP 99,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:8,0
- ReuschLando R-Tex XT Mittens Black / Silver Kids54,95 €Available Sizes:4,05,0
- - 20 %DynafitMercury Dynastretch Gloves Beet RedMSRP 79,95 €63,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %ReuschWorldcup Warrior Prime R-Tex Junior Gloves Black / Fluo Red KidsMSRP 74,95 €37,50 €Available Sizes:4,0
Ski gloves are another inherent part of the winter gear that must be included in everyone’s bag before going on any winter adventure.
Everyone during winter has experienced at least once a bad day in the mountains due to cold hands and numb fingers. Either on a long hikes or skiing in a resort. This is why picking the right pair of gloves that will provide warmth and comfort could be challenging if you don’t know what to look for. Therefore, here are few hints to make decision making process easier on you in order to improve on safety as well as on warmth.
The oldest dispute: Gloves vs Mittens
The generalization goes quite back in days when mittens were considered to be warmer than gloves but on other hand provided less dexterity. And while this comparison is still sometimes true, don’t hold on to it because on several occasions there are types of gloves which may be marginally warmer than mittens and also mittens which offer similar dexterity as the super warm gloves.
Get a proper fit
1. Make sure your finger tips are barely touching the glove’s end. Same thing applies to width of palms. People tend to size up for example if fingers fit but palm is too small and vice versa. But if this is the case just move on and try from a wide range of different models and brands
2. When trying a pair of gloves, try to push down between your thumb and index finger (also middle finger). Should you feel too much of a pressure or resistance, this generally would mean the glove is too small.
3. Keep in mind leather gloves are a bit stiffer at the very beginning, and their dexterity will be compromised. However, after couple days of wearing them, they will soften up. Of course, depending on the gloves manufacturer and type of skin used.
Insulation and materials
Majority of the gloves and mittens come with some sort of insulation to keep our hands and fingers from being cold and numb. The most used material for insulation is synthetic fiber (e.g., PrimaLoft), which is followed by fleece (i.e., Polartec, Thinsulate) or merino wool, however in some cases you will also find a pair with a down fill. Even though some material might work better than the other, it always come down to the volume of insulation. For example, manufacturers tend to label the weight of insulation they put in the gloves or label temperature ratings. But since it’s not standardized within the industry and everyone’s body runs on different temperature it’s difficult to determine what temperature rating is the right one for you.
Regular cuff vs gauntlet glove style
Even though it all comes down to a personal preference when choosing regular cuff vs gauntlet style, there are some things worth pointing out. Since gauntlet cuff extends beyond the wrist as opposed to regular cuff gloves, they also contain a lot more insulation and on top it’s much easier to pull on and off the glove, especially over the sleeve of the jacket. On a flip side, if it gets stormy, rainy and wet, the water may come down between your glove and sleeve and make your day miserable. So, in this kind of weather would be better to opt for a regular cuff gloves, even though they are being harder to put on since they are to tucked away under the jacket sleeve which makes the water run over and not into the gloves.
Waterproofness and outer materials
While on the market there’s plenty of glove options, brands tend to stick to materials and fabrics, which provide the best longevity and protection from outer elements.
It’s arguable, which materials are better than the others but certainly we all want that promised warmth throughout the day.
Nowadays, only few brands make full on leather gloves while, majority of brands make only synthetic or with combination of leather material (usually leather palms and synthetic backhand) for their winter collections due to its durability and longevity.
Nonetheless, leather is more expensive, it has proved its agility. Keep in mind leather needs to be well treated for, otherwise it may lose its color, durability and elasticity.
Many manufacturers use either their own waterproof membrane or they partner up with a 3rd party supplier such as Gore-tex for example. Since it is really hard to protect hands from wind, snow and sometime rain, remember not even the best insulation could help us if the waterproof membrane fails.
Features and usability
Most gloves are there to achieve goal of keeping snow and rain out. And eternally to keep hands warm enough to have fun on the mountain. However, don’t forget dexterity of gloves is as important as warmth because not being able to buckle ski boots, open zippers or switch to ski mode is a bit frustrating. The ease of use would cover how well they are able to tighten or loosen around the wrist area as well as taking them on and off the hands. Gloves or mittens may also feature goggle wipe or wrist leashes, which give you piece of mind when on a chairlift. And if you have to surf the internet, having a touch screen sensitive index and thumb is a nice bonus. Lastly, if it gets super cold, some gloves even come with zippered pockets where you can put your handwarmers.