Gloves | Alpine Skiing
- newHestraArmy Leather Heli Ski Gloves Black139,95 €Available Sizes:7,08,09,0
- newHestraArmy Leather 3-Finger Gloves Black139,95 €Available Sizes:7,08,09,010,0
- newHestraArmy Leather GTX Gloves Black169,95 €Available Sizes:7,08,010,011,0
- newRoecklSilk Gloves Schwarz19,95 €Available Sizes:SMXL
- newHestraGaunlet C-Zone 3- Gloves Dark Navy / Turquise Kids59,95 €Available Sizes:456
- newBlack DiamondDirt Bag Gloves Black44,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- newLekiWorldcup S Junior Gloves Black / Ice Lemon Kids59,95 €Available Sizes:4,05,06,07,08,0
- newZienerLago GTX Junior Gloves Black Kids30,95 €Available Sizes:4,05,06,0
- newHestraArmy Leather Extreme Mittens Black / White159,95 €Available Sizes:8,09,010,011,0
- newZienerLani GTX Junior Gloves Black Kids49,95 €Available Sizes:3,54,04,55,05,5
- newHestraArmy Leather Heli Ski Gloves Navy139,95 €Available Sizes:78911
- newHestraArmy Leather Extreme Mittens Black / Black159,95 €Available Sizes:8,010,011,0
- newHestraArmy Leather 3-Finger Gloves Navy139,95 €Available Sizes:891011
- newReuschTommy GTX Junior Gloves Black / White Kids39,95 €Available Sizes:4,55,05,56,06,5
- newZienerLanic GTX + Gore Plus Warm Junior Mittens Black Kids49,95 €Available Sizes:3,03,54,04,55,0
- newZienerIlko GTX INF Gloves Lime Green55,95 €Available Sizes:7,07,58,08,59,5
- newOrtovoxMerino Mountain Gloves Black Raven Men99,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- newZienerGlyndal GTX + Gore Plus Warm Mitten Black Men69,95 €Available Sizes:7,07,58,59,5
- newHestraHeli Ski Mittens Black / Offwhite Women129,95 €Available Sizes:8,09,0
- newRoecklKoyuk Primaloft Mitten Black39,95 €Available Sizes:XSM
- newHestraArmy Leather Wool Terry Gloves Grey / Black139,95 €Available Sizes:910
- newHestraGTX Mittens Black Kids64,95 €Available Sizes:23456
- newHestraArmy Leather Heli Ski Gloves Grey139,95 €Available Sizes:10,0
- newHestraArmy Leather Wool Terry Gloves Brown139,95 €Available Sizes:810
- newOrtovoxMerino Mountain Mittens Black Raven Women99,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newHestraHeli Ski Mittens Fuchsia / Offwhite Women129,95 €Available Sizes:6789
- newHestraArmy Leather Patrol Gloves Charocoal119,95 €Available Sizes:8911
- newLekiRace Coach C-Tech S Mitten Black / Ice Lemon149,95 €Available Sizes:6,57,09,0
- newReuschMaxim GTX Junior Gloves Black / Safety Yellow Kids49,95 €Available Sizes:4,04,55,05,56,0
- newLenzHeat Glove 6.0 Finger Cap Unisex - without battery - Mittens Schwarz159,95 €Available Sizes:XSSMXL
- newDynafitDNA 2 Gloves Black54,95 €Available Sizes:SM
- newHestraPhilippe Raoux Classic Gloves Navy159,95 €Available Sizes:7,08,010,0
- newHestraHeli Ski 3-Finger Gloves Black - Offwhite Women129,95 €Available Sizes:6
- newHestraVertical Cut CZone 3-Finger Gloves Navy / Tan159,95 €Available Sizes:9,0
- newLenzHeat Glove 6.0 Finger Cap - without battery - Gloves Schwarz Women159,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newRoecklKoyo Casual Multisport Gloves Black39,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newZienerGlyxus AS Gloves Black79,95 €Available Sizes:8,510,0
- newHestraArmy Leather Heli Ski 3-Finger Gloves Fuchsia Kids98,95 €Available Sizes:4567
- newHestraArmy Leather Heli Ski 3- Gloves Black Kids98,95 €Available Sizes:4
- newHestraHeli Ski 3-Finger Gloves Navy / Offwhite Women129,95 €Available Sizes:6
- newHestraErgo Grip CZone Tactility Short Mitten Black149,95 €Available Sizes:9,011,0
- newHestraLeather Pull Over Mittens Black64,95 €Available Sizes:8,09,010,011,0
- newHestraGTX Mittens Fuchsia Kids64,95 €Available Sizes:345
- newZienerKanta GTX INF Gloves Black Women69,95 €Available Sizes:6,57,0
- newHestraErgo Grip Active Wool Terry Gloves Black / Offwhite109,95 €Available Sizes:9,010,011,0
- newZienerKantala GTX INF Mittens Black Women69,95 €Available Sizes:8,0
- newZienerInfino GTX INF PR Gloves Black69,95 €Available Sizes:8,08,59,010,5
- newHestraArmy Leather Heli Gloves Black Kids98,95 €Available Sizes:57
- newLekiPatrol 3D Gloves Petrol / Graphit Kids49,95 €Available Sizes:4,05,06,08,0
- newHestraWakayama 5-Finger Gloves Cork / Brown134,95 €Available Sizes:10,011,0
- newBlack DiamondMercury Mitten Black Women109,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- newReuschBaffin Touch-Tec Gloves Black / Silver69,95 €Available Sizes:7,08,09,010,0
- newLenzHeat Glove 6.0 Finger Cap - without battery - Gloves Schwarz Men159,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- newHestraMerino Wool Liner Active Gloves Charocoal32,50 €Available Sizes:10,011,0
- newLekiWorldcup Race Coach Flex S GTX® Junior Gloves Black / Ice Lemon Kids119,95 €Available Sizes:5,06,07,0
- - 20 %newIcebreakerNew Testival Product 200 Oasis Liners Gloves BlackMSRP 29,95 €23,95 €Available Sizes:XL
- newHestraBergvik Gloves Tan Men99,95 €Available Sizes:9,0
- newHestraFall line Glove Cork / Cork139,95 €Available Sizes:10,011,0
- newHestraFall Line - 3 Finger Glove Cork / Cork139,95 €Available Sizes:8,09,0
- newLekiGriffin Tune S Boa Glove Black149,95 €Available Sizes:6,07,08,0
- newLekiGriffin S Gloves White / Lime / Black129,95 €Available Sizes:8,0
- newZienerLaurus AS Junior Mittens Light Mélange / Neon Pink Kids35,95 €Available Sizes:98104110
- - 17 %newZienerLaurus AS Junior Mitten Persian Blue / Dark Navy KidsMSRP 35,95 €29,95 €Available Sizes:9298104110116
- - 17 %newZienerLauro AS Junior Gloves Persian Blue / Dark Navy KidsMSRP 35,95 €29,95 €Available Sizes:9298104110116
- newZienerLaval AS(R) AW Glove Junior Gloves Red Cabin Kids39,95 €Available Sizes:3,54,04,55,05,5
- newZienerLarino GTX Glove Junior Gloves Black Magnet Kids39,95 €Available Sizes:4,04,55,05,56,0
- newLekiPatrol 3D Glove Graphite / Off White / Maroon99,95 €Available Sizes:6,07,011,0
- newBlack DiamondGlissade Gloves Black74,95 €Available Sizes:M
- newZienerLauro AS Junior Gloves Light Mélange / Neon Pink Kids35,95 €Available Sizes:9298104110116
- newLekiGriffin S Gloves White/Black Women129,95 €Available Sizes:8,5
- newHestraFall Line Gloves Black / Black139,95 €Available Sizes:10,011,0
- newHestraVoss CZone Mitten Sea Blue Women109,95 €Available Sizes:6,07,09,010,0
Ski gloves are another inherent part of the winter gear that must be included in everyone’s bag before going on any winter adventure.
Everyone during winter has experienced at least once a bad day in the mountains due to cold hands and numb fingers. Either on a long hikes or skiing in a resort. This is why picking the right pair of gloves that will provide warmth and comfort could be challenging if you don’t know what to look for. Therefore, here are few hints to make decision making process easier on you in order to improve on safety as well as on warmth.
The oldest dispute: Gloves vs Mittens
The generalization goes quite back in days when mittens were considered to be warmer than gloves but on other hand provided less dexterity. And while this comparison is still sometimes true, don’t hold on to it because on several occasions there are types of gloves which may be marginally warmer than mittens and also mittens which offer similar dexterity as the super warm gloves.
Get a proper fit
1. Make sure your finger tips are barely touching the glove’s end. Same thing applies to width of palms. People tend to size up for example if fingers fit but palm is too small and vice versa. But if this is the case just move on and try from a wide range of different models and brands
2. When trying a pair of gloves, try to push down between your thumb and index finger (also middle finger). Should you feel too much of a pressure or resistance, this generally would mean the glove is too small.
3. Keep in mind leather gloves are a bit stiffer at the very beginning, and their dexterity will be compromised. However, after couple days of wearing them, they will soften up. Of course, depending on the gloves manufacturer and type of skin used.
Insulation and materials
Majority of the gloves and mittens come with some sort of insulation to keep our hands and fingers from being cold and numb. The most used material for insulation is synthetic fiber (e.g., PrimaLoft), which is followed by fleece (i.e., Polartec, Thinsulate) or merino wool, however in some cases you will also find a pair with a down fill. Even though some material might work better than the other, it always come down to the volume of insulation. For example, manufacturers tend to label the weight of insulation they put in the gloves or label temperature ratings. But since it’s not standardized within the industry and everyone’s body runs on different temperature it’s difficult to determine what temperature rating is the right one for you.
Regular cuff vs gauntlet glove style
Even though it all comes down to a personal preference when choosing regular cuff vs gauntlet style, there are some things worth pointing out. Since gauntlet cuff extends beyond the wrist as opposed to regular cuff gloves, they also contain a lot more insulation and on top it’s much easier to pull on and off the glove, especially over the sleeve of the jacket. On a flip side, if it gets stormy, rainy and wet, the water may come down between your glove and sleeve and make your day miserable. So, in this kind of weather would be better to opt for a regular cuff gloves, even though they are being harder to put on since they are to tucked away under the jacket sleeve which makes the water run over and not into the gloves.
Waterproofness and outer materials
While on the market there’s plenty of glove options, brands tend to stick to materials and fabrics, which provide the best longevity and protection from outer elements.
It’s arguable, which materials are better than the others but certainly we all want that promised warmth throughout the day.
Nowadays, only few brands make full on leather gloves while, majority of brands make only synthetic or with combination of leather material (usually leather palms and synthetic backhand) for their winter collections due to its durability and longevity.
Nonetheless, leather is more expensive, it has proved its agility. Keep in mind leather needs to be well treated for, otherwise it may lose its color, durability and elasticity.
Many manufacturers use either their own waterproof membrane or they partner up with a 3rd party supplier such as Gore-tex for example. Since it is really hard to protect hands from wind, snow and sometime rain, remember not even the best insulation could help us if the waterproof membrane fails.
Features and usability
Most gloves are there to achieve goal of keeping snow and rain out. And eternally to keep hands warm enough to have fun on the mountain. However, don’t forget dexterity of gloves is as important as warmth because not being able to buckle ski boots, open zippers or switch to ski mode is a bit frustrating. The ease of use would cover how well they are able to tighten or loosen around the wrist area as well as taking them on and off the hands. Gloves or mittens may also feature goggle wipe or wrist leashes, which give you piece of mind when on a chairlift. And if you have to surf the internet, having a touch screen sensitive index and thumb is a nice bonus. Lastly, if it gets super cold, some gloves even come with zippered pockets where you can put your handwarmers.