Cross Country Apparel
- - 50 %CMPVest Nero WomenMSRP 29,95 €15,00 €Available Sizes:4244
- - 50 %Ortovox120 Comp Light Boxer Baselayer Shorts Just Blue MenMSRP 39,95 €20,00 €Available Sizes:2XL
- - 30 %newDynafitUltra Long Tights Black Out WomenMSRP 89,95 €62,95 €Available Sizes:34
- - 20 %newLöfflerWS Warm Tights Black KidsMSRP 69,95 €55,95 €Available Sizes:128140152
- - 17 %newIcebreakerAnatomica Tank Baselayer Shortsleeve Black MenMSRP 59,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- - 50 %LöfflerSport Micro Pants Black WomenMSRP 119,95 €60,00 €Available Sizes:46
- - 69 %Northern PlaygroundZipbra™ Woll Sports-Bra Black WomenMSRP 64,00 €20,00 €Available Sizes:XS
- - 50 %CMPLong Power-Stretch Pants Bianco WomenMSRP 69,95 €35,00 €Available Sizes:46
- - 80 %Northern PlaygroundZiplongs Woll 3/4 Baselayer Pants Black WomenMSRP 99,00 €20,00 €Available Sizes:XS
- - 50 %DynafitVert Wind 49 Vest Black Out WomenMSRP 99,95 €50,00 €Available Sizes:36
- - 50 %LöfflerElegance Light Pants White WomenMSRP 169,95 €85,00 €Available Sizes:42
- - 20 %newONWeather Vest Black MenMSRP 139,95 €111,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 50 %CMPRipstop Pants Black Blue WomenMSRP 89,95 €45,00 €Available Sizes:46
- - 20 %newRoecklJarvis Gloves SchwarzMSRP 29,95 €23,95 €Available Sizes:79107585
- - 50 %OrtovoxFleece Light Short Baselayer Pants Night Blue Blend MenMSRP 99,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:2XL
- - 67 %ScottTeam 20 Merino Beanie Ochre RedMSRP 29,95 €10,00 €One size
- - 50 %CMPDetachable Sleeves Jacket Titanio MenMSRP 89,95 €45,00 €Available Sizes:485052
- - 50 %SportfulDoro Apex Race Longsleeve Dark Grey / Yellow WomenMSRP 109,90 €55,00 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %OrtovoxNordic Knit Beanie Dark WineMSRP 49,95 €25,00 €One size
- - 20 %newCMPHybrid Pants Black Blue MenMSRP 79,95 €63,95 €Available Sizes:4850525456
- - 75 %OdloRacesuit Top XC Performance Longsleeve MenMSRP 199,00 €50,00 €Available Sizes:SMXL
- - 50 %SportfulDoro Jacket Black / Dark Grey / Yellow WomenMSRP 189,90 €95,00 €Available Sizes:XS
- - 50 %CMPRipstop Pants Antracite / Lime MenMSRP 89,95 €45,00 €Available Sizes:56
- - 50 %OrtovoxNordic Knit Beanie Dirty DaisyMSRP 49,95 €25,00 €One size
- - 20 %newCMPRipstop Trekking Pants Black Blue / Red Fluo WomenMSRP 99,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:38424446
- - 50 %MalojaSwingM. Insulation Skirt Squirrel WomenMSRP 129,95 €65,00 €Available Sizes:XS
- - 50 %DynafitVert Wind 49 Vest Ocean WomenMSRP 99,95 €50,00 €Available Sizes:38
- - 50 %MalojaDompfaffM. Vest Moonless MenMSRP 139,95 €70,00 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %SportfulSquadra Tihgts Wine Red Rasperry WomenMSRP 89,90 €45,00 €Available Sizes:XS
- - 50 %MalojaLohblüteM. Longsleeve Moonless WomenMSRP 144,95 €72,50 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %OdloRacesuit Pants Grau KidsMSRP 149,00 €74,50 €Available Sizes:140152176
- - 50 %Red ChiliWO Poca Seamless Sports-Bra Purple WomenMSRP 54,95 €27,50 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %OdloActive F-Dry Light Eco Suw Baselayer Shorts Black WomenMSRP 19,95 €10,00 €Available Sizes:S
- - 20 %newSalomonCross Warm Gloves Deep BlackMSRP 29,95 €23,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- - 50 %LöfflerBike Undershorts Elastic Bike Underpants Black/Grey Melange MenMSRP 54,95 €27,50 €Available Sizes:54
- - 67 %ScottMTN 30 Beanie Pale Pink WomenMSRP 29,95 €10,00 €One size
- - 50 %MalojaGoldammerM. Longsleeve Moss MenMSRP 114,95 €57,50 €Available Sizes:M
- - 60 %ScottMTN 20 Beanie Tree Green MenMSRP 24,95 €10,00 €One size
- - 20 %newCMPDetachable Sleeves Hybrid Insulation Jacket Cristall Blue WomenMSRP 99,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:3638404244
- - 20 %newSwixCross Pants Phantom / Black MenMSRP 99,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:XL
- - 20 %newSwixFocus Wind Tights Black MenMSRP 119,95 €95,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- - 20 %newBjoern DaehlieWool Pants Nine Iron WomenMSRP 198,95 €159,15 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- - 50 %OdloSeamless Medium Sports-Bra Raspberry Fudge WomenMSRP 34,95 €17,50 €Available Sizes:SM
- - 20 %newGore WearR3 Gloves BlackMSRP 29,95 €23,95 €Available Sizes:7910
- - 20 %newCMPMelange Grid Tech Fleece Jacket Black Blue MenMSRP 69,95 €55,95 €Available Sizes:4850525456
- - 50 %OdloRacesuit Longsleeve Grau KidsMSRP 169,00 €84,50 €Available Sizes:140152176
- - 50 %Black YakMewati Baselayer Pants Black Beauty MenMSRP 159,95 €80,00 €Available Sizes:XXL
- - 50 %SportfulDoro Rythmo Puffy Insulation Skirt Black / Dark Grey / Yellow WomenMSRP 109,90 €55,00 €Available Sizes:L
- - 20 %newONWeather Vest Black WomenMSRP 139,95 €111,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 50 %Icebreaker200 Oasis Crewe Move To Natural Baselayer Longsleeve Mink WomenMSRP 99,95 €50,00 €Available Sizes:XSL
- - 20 %newAdidas TerrexXperior Pants Black MenMSRP 119,95 €95,95 €Available Sizes:SMXL
- - 50 %CMPMan Polyester Vest Nero MenMSRP 29,95 €15,00 €Available Sizes:48
- - 50 %IcebreakerVela Cuff Beanie LodenMSRP 39,95 €20,00 €One size
- - 50 %AthleciaAiswood 2-Pack Shorts Black WomenMSRP 24,90 €12,50 €Available Sizes:LXLS/M XS
- - 50 %SportfulApex Race Pants Dark Grey / Yellow MenMSRP 99,90 €50,00 €Available Sizes:MXL
- - 50 %CEPWinter Endurance Mid-Cut Socks Red WomenMSRP 24,95 €12,45 €Available Sizes:2
- - 50 %MartiniFeel Good_S227 Headband JamMSRP 19,90 €9,95 €One size
- - 50 %Mountain EquipmentPowerstretch 3/4 Baselayer Pants Black WomenMSRP 69,90 €35,00 €Available Sizes:8
- - 20 %newGore WearR7 GTX SD Trail Running jacket Black MenMSRP 299,95 €239,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 50 %RossignolInfini Compression Race Longsleeve Blue Bird MenMSRP 109,95 €55,00 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 20 %newAdidas TerrexAgravic XC Tights Black WomenMSRP 89,95 €71,95 €Available Sizes:34363840
- - 50 %DynafitAlpine Sports-Bra Asphalt WomenMSRP 59,95 €30,00 €Available Sizes:XSS
- - 50 %RossignolInfini Compression Race Longsleeve Black MenMSRP 109,95 €55,00 €Available Sizes:M
- - 50 %OdloSeamless Soft Sports-Bra Paradiese Pink / Grey Melange WomenMSRP 29,95 €15,00 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %MalojaGoldammerM. Longsleeve Moonless MenMSRP 114,95 €57,50 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %OrtovoxFleece Light Short Baselayer Pants Grey Blend WomenMSRP 99,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:XS
- - 50 %MalojaRobinieM. Pants Bloom WomenMSRP 169,95 €85,00 €Available Sizes:L
- - 20 %newOdloWarm Tights Black KidsMSRP 39,90 €31,90 €Available Sizes:128152
- - 50 %AthleciaAlax 2-Pack String Black WomenMSRP 24,90 €12,50 €Available Sizes:LXL
- - 50 %SportfulXplore Pants Mauve WomenMSRP 139,90 €70,00 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %MalojaFiammaM. Insulation Shorts Bloom WomenMSRP 129,95 €65,00 €Available Sizes:L
- - 20 %newAdidas TerrexAeroready Gloves Black / WhiteMSRP 39,95 €31,95 €Available Sizes:S
Functional clothing is important
Cross-country skiing is a thoroughly exercise-intensive and sweaty sport. Therefore, on the trail you need not only endurance, but also the right clothing. Especially in winter sports, it is very important to protect your body from all weather conditions. So that you neither sweat excessively nor start to freeze too much during your next cross-country skiing, we at Sport Conrad offer you socks, shoes, pants, functional underwear and much more for your successful cross-country skiing.
Features of cross-country clothing
Whether classic cross-country skiing or skating, the right clothing on the trail is essential. Functionality is a top priority for cross-country clothing, because it should not only be elastic, but also moisture repellent and windproof. A true all-rounder, therefore, and to ensure this optimal protection against wind and cold, cross-country apparel should meet the following criteria:
• Tight fit: To keep the effort required for cross-country skiing as low as possible, it is important that your cross-country skiing clothing fits as tightly as possible to the body. Due to the tight-fitting clothing, the wind has a small attack surface and thus reduces the effort you need for the sport.
• Elasticity: Despite the tight fit, your cross-country clothing should be elastic. Materials such as spandex allow your clothing to adapt perfectly to your movements and not hinder your cross-country skiing.
• Temperature regulation and wind and waterproofness: The goal of cross-country skiing clothing is not only to keep the athlete warm. Rather, it should protect the body from excessive sweating. Therefore, on the one hand, the clothing should regulate the body climate well, so that the fabric does not get too wet and clammy on the skin. Furthermore, it should protect the body of the cross-country skier from wind and moisture from the outside.
Time-honored knowledge - the onion look
In addition to the mentioned features that cross-country skiing clothing should fulfill, it is important that several pieces of clothing are worn on top of each other, so that the best possible climate regulation can be fulfilled. Protecting the body climate is essential for cross-country skiing, so you neither sweat excessively nor freeze.
LAYER 1: THE BASELAYER
The first layer of the total of three layers of cross-country ski clothing is called the baselayer. This layer includes the garments that have direct contact with the skin, which are, for example, functional underwear and ski socks. It is particularly important that the clothing is made of moisture-managing and breathable materials. Functional underwear and socks are often made of synthetic fibers or merino wool. Synthetic fibers allow you to feel comfortable, while merino wool can absorb a lot of moisture without feeling clammy. There is also a mix of materials, that combines the advantages from both materials. So, the focus of this first layer is on the quick wicking of moisture and the functionality of the garment.
LAYER 2: THE MIDLAYER
The second layer of clothing is a complement to the baselayer. This includes cross-country shirts, jackets and vests. The function of the clothing here should be to release moisture further to the outside and at the same time store heat. What you personally prefer to wear depends entirely on your personal temperature sensation. Depending on how much heat your body needs, you can choose from the already mentioned garments and combine them if necessary.
LAYER 3: THE OUTER SHELL
The outermost layer of cross-country skiing clothing is designed to accompany you in a wide range of weather conditions. Cross-country ski pants and cross-country ski jackets form the top layer of cross-country ski clothing. So that rain, wind and snow cannot harm you, it is especially important that your clothing is wind and waterproof. Materials that are also breathable are suitable here, because only then can your three layers work together as desired.
Jackets with synthetic fiber filling and hybrid jackets can offer you optimal protection on the trail. With ski pants, on the other hand, you have the choice of tights or slightly looser-fitting pants (which are still quite tight for aerodynamics).
ADDITIONAL PROTECTION IN THE FORM OF ACCESSORIES
In addition to pants, shirts and jackets, there are other items of clothing that can protect you from wind and weather on the trail. Waterproof gloves, beanies and headbands are recommended. These will protect you from the cold and wet along with the rest of your equipment. In addition, a scarf or necktube and masks can protect you from icy wind. With all these accessories, you should again pay attention to breathable and water-repellent materials. On sunny days, sunglasses can help you not to be blinded and to keep the overview on the trail.
WELL EQUIPPED FOR THE NEXT WINTER WITH SPORT CONRAD
We at Sport Conrad have the claim to always provide you with high quality. That's why we offer cross-country clothing from many experienced brands such as Dynafit, Maloja, Rossignol, Löffler, Bjoern Daehlie, Swix and more. It doesn't matter if you are looking for clothing for men, women or children - our range includes a variety of items in different materials, sizes and colors. We are also happy to assist you in one of our stores with our personal advice or online via our contact form.
With us and our assortment, you are well-prepared for the winter and your next cross-country skiing and can fully take off on the trail. Find your favorite brand, your suitable size and your optimal equipment in our online store.
What you might also be interested in:
• Cross country skiing guide: Which Equipment do you need for Backcountry?
• Cross country skiing guide: Which Equipment do you need for Classic?
• Cembra – Maloja´s sustainable weather protection!
• Glide & Ride by Maloja
• How to layer your look with Ortovox
• GORE-TEX® Wash and Care instructions