Cross Country Apparel
- - 50 %CMPLight Softshell Vest Bianco WomenMSRP 79,95 €39,95 €Available Sizes:3638404244
- - 50 %CMPHybrid Mini Ripstop Vest Red Fluo WomenMSRP 99,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:3638404244
- - 50 %CMPLight Softshell Vest Flamingo Fluo MenMSRP 79,95 €39,95 €Available Sizes:4850525456
- - 18 %FalkeSC1 Socks Black-Mix MenMSRP 21,95 €17,95 €Available Sizes:41434548
- - 20 %HestraErgo Grip Windstopper Race Gloves BlackMSRP 74,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:678
- - 20 %HestraWindstopper Race Tracker Gloves Navy / RedMSRP 64,95 €51,95 €Available Sizes:7,08,011,0
- - 50 %Icebreaker200 Oasis Leggings Baselayer Pants Black MenMSRP 99,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:XL
- - 50 %OdloMove Light Headband BlackMSRP 27,90 €13,95 €One size
- - 50 %LöfflerElegance WS Light Pants Black MenMSRP 179,95 €89,95 €Available Sizes:5456
- - 50 %LöfflerWS Warm Tights Black MenMSRP 109,95 €54,95 €Available Sizes:4856
- - 20 %RoecklLappi Top Function Gloves Black / YellowMSRP 59,95 €47,95 €Available Sizes:6,57,010,0
- - 50 %LöfflerTranstex Warm Baselayer Pants Black WomenMSRP 59,95 €29,95 €Available Sizes:36404244
- BuffOriginal EcoStretch Neckwarmer Solid Black18,90 €One size
- - 20 %LekiCC Thermo Shark Gloves BlackMSRP 69,95 €55,95 €Available Sizes:7,08,510,511,0
- - 50 %LöfflerTranstex Warm Longsleeve Black WomenMSRP 59,95 €29,95 €Available Sizes:4244
- - 50 %Icebreaker200 Oasis Crewe Baselayer Longsleeve Gritstone Heather WomenMSRP 99,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:LXL
- - 50 %LöfflerWS Warm Tights Black KidsMSRP 69,95 €34,95 €Available Sizes:128
- - 20 %RoecklLappi Top Function Gloves Black / WhiteMSRP 59,95 €47,95 €Available Sizes:7,5
- LöfflerTranstex Warm Baselayer Pants Black Kids39,95 €Available Sizes:116128140
- - 50 %LöfflerWS Warm Tights Black WomenMSRP 109,95 €54,95 €Available Sizes:34
- - 50 %Icebreaker260 Tech LS Crewe Baselayer Longsleeve Black WomenMSRP 109,95 €54,95 €Available Sizes:XL
- - 50 %CMPHybrid Pants Black Blue MenMSRP 79,95 €39,95 €Available Sizes:50
- - 50 %OdloActive Warm Eco Baselayer Pants Black WomenMSRP 54,90 €27,45 €Available Sizes:XSLXL
- - 34 %SidasSki Nordic Skiing SocksMSRP 29,95 €19,90 €Available Sizes:38,040,041,043,046,0
- - 50 %OrtovoxFleece Light ¾ Baselayer Pants Dark Pacific WomenMSRP 109,95 €54,95 €Available Sizes:XS
- - 20 %MalojaHillockM. Gloves CharcoalMSRP 54,95 €43,95 €Available Sizes:SLXL
- - 20 %LekiCC Thermo Shark Lobster 2+2 Gloves BlackMSRP 69,95 €55,95 €Available Sizes:7,08,59,09,510,0
- LöfflerTranstex Warm Longsleeve Black Kids39,95 €Available Sizes:116128140152164
- BuffOriginal EcoStretch Neckwarmer Anira Graphite18,90 €One size
- Löffler3/4 Transtex Warm Long Baselayer Set Black Kids64,95 €Available Sizes:140
- - 50 %MattCatalina Estrada Thermo Headband Amor NocheMSRP 22,90 €11,45 €One size
- - 50 %LöfflerElegance WS Light Pants Black WomenMSRP 179,95 €89,95 €Available Sizes:3640
- - 50 %CMPDetachable Sleeves Hybrid Insulation Jacket Cristall Blue WomenMSRP 99,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:40
- - 20 %LekiCC Shark Gloves BlackMSRP 59,95 €47,95 €Available Sizes:6,06,57,07,58,0
- - 50 %LöfflerCarbon WS Warm Tights Black WomenMSRP 140,35 €70,15 €Available Sizes:38L
- - 27 %FalkeNew Testival Product SC1 Skiing Socks Lipstick WomenMSRP 21,95 €15,95 €Available Sizes:36384042
- - 50 %Ortovox185 Rock’n’Wool Hot Pants Baselayer Shorts Ice Waterfall WomenMSRP 49,95 €24,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %OrtovoxNicholson Rib Beanie Green MossMSRP 44,95 €22,45 €One size
- - 50 %CMPRecycled Merino Longsleeve Cristall Blue WomenMSRP 55,95 €27,95 €Available Sizes:384446
- BuffMerino Lightweight Neckwarmer Solid Pool24,90 €One size
- - 50 %LöfflerComfort AS Pants Black WomenMSRP 149,95 €74,95 €Available Sizes:36
- - 15 %NorrønaFalketind Flex1 Pants Caviar MenMSRP 198,95 €169,10 €Available Sizes:XL
- - 50 %CMPHybrid Pants B. Blue / Red Fluo WomenMSRP 79,95 €39,95 €Available Sizes:4446
- - 50 %OdloBrensholmen Pants Black WomenMSRP 84,90 €42,45 €Available Sizes:SLXL
- - 50 %CMPLight Stretch Softshell Jacket Black Blue MenMSRP 79,95 €39,95 €Available Sizes:48505456
- - 30 %CEPWinter Endurance Mid-Cut Socks Black MenMSRP 24,95 €17,45 €Available Sizes:345
- HestraTracker Gloves Brilliant Blue Print Kids44,95 €Available Sizes:6,07,0
- - 20 %RoecklElva Gloves Schwarz WomenMSRP 69,95 €55,95 €Available Sizes:6
- Icebreaker200 Oasis Crewe Baselayer Longsleeve Gritstone Heather Kids49,95 €Available Sizes:246810
- - 50 %CMPRipstop Insulation Shorts Antracite WomenMSRP 79,95 €39,95 €Available Sizes:4446
- - 20 %HestraInfinium Momentum Gloves Fuchsia WomenMSRP 54,95 €43,95 €Available Sizes:789
- - 50 %Löffler3/4 Transtex Warm Baselayer Pants Black MenMSRP 54,95 €27,45 €Available Sizes:5456
- CMPKids Fleece Neckwarmer Nero Kids9,95 €One size
- - 50 %Icebreaker200 Oasis Leggings Baselayer Pants Gritstone Heather WomenMSRP 99,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:S
- Icebreaker200 Oasis Leggings Baselayer Pants Gritstone Heather Kids49,95 €Available Sizes:2681012
- - 50 %CMPKnitted Headband NeroMSRP 12,95 €6,45 €One size
- - 50 %Icebreaker200 Oasis Crewe Baselayer Shortsleeve Midnight Navy MenMSRP 89,95 €44,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %CMPFix Hood Hybrid Insulation Jacket Black Blue WomenMSRP 129,95 €64,95 €Available Sizes:38
- - 30 %CEPWinter Endurance Mid-Cut Socks Navy MenMSRP 24,95 €17,45 €Available Sizes:345
- - 20 %RoecklKohlberg Gloves BlackMSRP 29,95 €23,95 €Available Sizes:7,58,011,0
- - 50 %CMPRipstop Mini Insulation Skirt Black Blue WomenMSRP 59,95 €29,95 €Available Sizes:4244
- - 50 %OdloPerformance Warm Eco Baselayer Longsleeve Black / New Odlo Graphite Grey WomenMSRP 79,90 €39,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %OdloNatural Merino Warm Baselayer Pants Black MenMSRP 84,90 €42,45 €Available Sizes:2XL
- - 20 %HestraComfort Tracker 3-Finger Gloves Navy / IvoryMSRP 59,95 €47,95 €Available Sizes:6710
- - 50 %CMPDetachable Sleeves Hybrid Insulation Jacket Bluestone MenMSRP 99,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:52
- - 50 %Löffler3/4 Transtex Warm Baselayer Pants Black WomenMSRP 54,95 €27,45 €Available Sizes:36
- - 50 %OdloActive F-Dry Light Eco Baselayer Pants Black MenMSRP 44,90 €22,45 €Available Sizes:S
- - 20 %RoecklLyngen Gloves ThymeMSRP 39,95 €31,95 €Available Sizes:7,07,58,010,0
- - 50 %MattCatalina Estrada Thermo Headband PapillonMSRP 22,90 €11,45 €One size
- - 50 %OrtovoxNicholson Rib Beanie Clay OrangeMSRP 44,95 €22,45 €One size
- - 20 %RoecklElena Gloves Nachtblau WomenMSRP 49,95 €39,95 €Available Sizes:65
- - 20 %LekiPRC ThermoPlus Shark Gloves Black / Ice Green WomenMSRP 79,95 €63,95 €Available Sizes:6,57,07,58,08,5
Functional clothing is important
Cross-country skiing is a thoroughly exercise-intensive and sweaty sport. Therefore, on the trail you need not only endurance, but also the right clothing. Especially in winter sports, it is very important to protect your body from all weather conditions. So that you neither sweat excessively nor start to freeze too much during your next cross-country skiing, we at Sport Conrad offer you socks, shoes, pants, functional underwear and much more for your successful cross-country skiing.
Features of cross-country clothing
Whether classic cross-country skiing or skating, the right clothing on the trail is essential. Functionality is a top priority for cross-country clothing, because it should not only be elastic, but also moisture repellent and windproof. A true all-rounder, therefore, and to ensure this optimal protection against wind and cold, cross-country apparel should meet the following criteria:
• Tight fit: To keep the effort required for cross-country skiing as low as possible, it is important that your cross-country skiing clothing fits as tightly as possible to the body. Due to the tight-fitting clothing, the wind has a small attack surface and thus reduces the effort you need for the sport.
• Elasticity: Despite the tight fit, your cross-country clothing should be elastic. Materials such as spandex allow your clothing to adapt perfectly to your movements and not hinder your cross-country skiing.
• Temperature regulation and wind and waterproofness: The goal of cross-country skiing clothing is not only to keep the athlete warm. Rather, it should protect the body from excessive sweating. Therefore, on the one hand, the clothing should regulate the body climate well, so that the fabric does not get too wet and clammy on the skin. Furthermore, it should protect the body of the cross-country skier from wind and moisture from the outside.
Time-honored knowledge - the onion look
In addition to the mentioned features that cross-country skiing clothing should fulfill, it is important that several pieces of clothing are worn on top of each other, so that the best possible climate regulation can be fulfilled. Protecting the body climate is essential for cross-country skiing, so you neither sweat excessively nor freeze.
LAYER 1: THE BASELAYER
The first layer of the total of three layers of cross-country ski clothing is called the baselayer. This layer includes the garments that have direct contact with the skin, which are, for example, functional underwear and ski socks. It is particularly important that the clothing is made of moisture-managing and breathable materials. Functional underwear and socks are often made of synthetic fibers or merino wool. Synthetic fibers allow you to feel comfortable, while merino wool can absorb a lot of moisture without feeling clammy. There is also a mix of materials, that combines the advantages from both materials. So, the focus of this first layer is on the quick wicking of moisture and the functionality of the garment.
LAYER 2: THE MIDLAYER
The second layer of clothing is a complement to the baselayer. This includes cross-country shirts, jackets and vests. The function of the clothing here should be to release moisture further to the outside and at the same time store heat. What you personally prefer to wear depends entirely on your personal temperature sensation. Depending on how much heat your body needs, you can choose from the already mentioned garments and combine them if necessary.
LAYER 3: THE OUTER SHELL
The outermost layer of cross-country skiing clothing is designed to accompany you in a wide range of weather conditions. Cross-country ski pants and cross-country ski jackets form the top layer of cross-country ski clothing. So that rain, wind and snow cannot harm you, it is especially important that your clothing is wind and waterproof. Materials that are also breathable are suitable here, because only then can your three layers work together as desired.
Jackets with synthetic fiber filling and hybrid jackets can offer you optimal protection on the trail. With ski pants, on the other hand, you have the choice of tights or slightly looser-fitting pants (which are still quite tight for aerodynamics).
ADDITIONAL PROTECTION IN THE FORM OF ACCESSORIES
In addition to pants, shirts and jackets, there are other items of clothing that can protect you from wind and weather on the trail. Waterproof gloves, beanies and headbands are recommended. These will protect you from the cold and wet along with the rest of your equipment. In addition, a scarf or necktube and masks can protect you from icy wind. With all these accessories, you should again pay attention to breathable and water-repellent materials. On sunny days, sunglasses can help you not to be blinded and to keep the overview on the trail.
WELL EQUIPPED FOR THE NEXT WINTER WITH SPORT CONRAD
We at Sport Conrad have the claim to always provide you with high quality. That's why we offer cross-country clothing from many experienced brands such as Dynafit, Maloja, Rossignol, Löffler, Bjoern Daehlie, Swix and more. It doesn't matter if you are looking for clothing for men, women or children - our range includes a variety of items in different materials, sizes and colors. We are also happy to assist you in one of our stores with our personal advice or online via our contact form.
With us and our assortment, you are well-prepared for the winter and your next cross-country skiing and can fully take off on the trail. Find your favorite brand, your suitable size and your optimal equipment in our online store.
What you might also be interested in:
• Cross country skiing guide: Which Equipment do you need for Backcountry?
• Cross country skiing guide: Which Equipment do you need for Classic?
• Cembra – Maloja´s sustainable weather protection!
• Glide & Ride by Maloja
• How to layer your look with Ortovox
• GORE-TEX® Wash and Care instructions