- - 9 %new22DesignsOutlaw X Telemark Bindings419,00 €379,95 €
- - 7 %RottefellaFreedom NTN inkl. 110mm Stopper Telemark Bindings Schwarz449,95 €419,95 €
- - 12 %RottefellaNTN Freeride incl. 110 mm Stoppers Telemark Bindings429,95 €379,95 €
- - 7 %RottefellaFreedom NTN incl. 95 mm Stopper Telemark Bindings449,95 €419,95 €
- - 11 %22DesignsHammerhead Vice Telemark Bindings279,90 €249,95 €
- - 7 %22DesignsAXL Hammerhead Telemark Bindings389,00 €359,95 €
- The M EquipmentMeidjo 3 Telemark Bindings548,95 €
- BishopBMF/3 NTN incl. Stoppers Telemark Bindings465,00 €
- - 3 %BishopBMF/3 75mm inkl. Stopper Telemark Bindings465,00 €449,95 €
- - 5 %BishopBMF/R NTN incl. Stoppers Telemark Bindings650,00 €619,95 €
- - 8 %Voile ManufacturingSwitchback X2 Telemark Bindings Black379,00 €349,95 €
- - 8 %Voile ManufacturingSwitchback Telemark Bindings Grey359,00 €329,95 €
- - 8 %Voile ManufacturingSwitchback Women Telemark Bindings Women359,00 €329,95 €
- - 7 %Voile ManufacturingTTS Tour PIN NTN Telemark Bindings Grey429,00 €399,95 €
- - 7 %Voile ManufacturingTTS Stiff Pin NTN Telemark Bindings429,00 €399,95 €
- - 8 %22DesignsLynx NTN Light Telemark Bindings519,00 €479,95 €
- - 12 %RottefellaFreeride NTN inkl. 95 mm Stopper Telemark Bindings Schwarz-Weiß429,95 €379,95 €
The telemark binding: It is the connecting piece between skis and boots, the detail that makes it a telemark ski! To many, telemarking is all about freedom. Freedom in the mountains and in nature, but also freedom of your heel and in your movements. Simply, because in telemarking, other than in alpine skiing, the heel is free. And this is thanks to the binding. By the way, telemarking can be done anywhere, be it on-piste, freeride or touring!
The telemark binding: NTN vs. 75mm
In telemark bindings, there are two different norms: NTN, standing for “New Telemark Norm” and 75mm.
75mm: This is the original telemark binding. The toe pieces hold the boot with a 75mm wide extension. Springs are built into the binding, fixed onto the heel, creating a cable-pull. Generally, these bindings are a bit cheaper than NTN ones.
NTN: The NTN binding is the newer system, which is why boots and bindings of this system are being continously improved. The binding has a couple of advantages. It is very durable and stiffer torsionally. Meaning, that the binding is more stable to the sides, which leads to increased control.
Skitouring can also be done with telemark bindings
For this to work, the binding needs to have touring functions, which can be the case with both NTN and 75mm bindings. But make sure you have all your safety equipment together! Avalanche transceiver, shovel and avalanche probe are crucial when going off-piste and it’s best if you also take your airbag backpack with you!
Telemark binding und telemark boot – these two need to work
As with the bindings, there are also two types of ski boots. The telemark boot needs to fit you to ensure comfort, control and stability while riding, but it also needs to fit your binding. Again, you have NTN boots and 75mm boots. Whichever you chose, it will have a walking mode to enable touring. There are boots with three buckles and four buckles. The ones with three are a bit softer and lighter, and better for beginners and those wanting a soft boot, but also for telemark tourers. Boots with four buckles are stiffer and more downhill oriented.
Read more regarding telemarking
©Comparing Telemark bindings (NTN left, 75mm right) by Sarah Büll
©Telemark skiing by Hubert Hornsteiner