- - 50 %Future WildManifest 2L Hardshell Jacket Sand WomenMSRP 399,95 €199,99 €Available Sizes:S
- newDevoldThermo Wool Fleece Jacket Flood / Arrowwood / Ink Men239,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- - 50 %ArmadaCastine Insulated Ski Jacket Indigo / Fatigue WomenMSRP 199,95 €99,99 €Available Sizes:SL
- - 50 %ZienerAlin jun Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Hale Navy Stru KidsMSRP 99,95 €50,00 €Available Sizes:104
- - 50 %BurtonFrostner Snowboard Jacket Trublk / Traorg MenMSRP 279,95 €139,99 €Available Sizes:SL
- - 50 %BurtonLelah Snowboard Jacket Jewel Green WomenMSRP 249,95 €124,99 €Available Sizes:XSML
- - 50 %BurtonProwess Snowboard Jacket Elderberry WomenMSRP 274,95 €137,50 €Available Sizes:XS
- - 50 %ArmadaSterlet Insulated Ski Jacket Burgundy WomenMSRP 269,95 €134,99 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 50 %PictureDaumy Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Prince Blue KidsMSRP 139,95 €70,00 €Available Sizes:10
- - 50 %8848 AltitudeThorens JR Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Navy KidsMSRP 169,95 €85,00 €Available Sizes:120130
- - 50 %RehallJaydi-R-Jr. Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Coral KidsMSRP 129,95 €65,00 €Available Sizes:140
- newDevoldThermo Wool Fleece Jacket Flood/Cameo/Ink Women239,95 €Available Sizes:XSSML
- - 50 %BurtonProwess Snowboard Jacket Amparo Blue WomenMSRP 274,95 €137,50 €Available Sizes:XS
- - 50 %PictureAmbroze Fleeecejacket Grey Melange MenMSRP 129,95 €64,99 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %8848 AltitudeMontrose JR Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Pink KidsMSRP 169,95 €85,00 €Available Sizes:140
- - 50 %Future WildManifest 2L Hardshell Jacket Dark Stone MenMSRP 399,95 €199,99 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %ArmadaSterlet Insulated Ski Jacket Black WomenMSRP 269,95 €134,99 €Available Sizes:SM
- - 50 %Future WildManifest Tour Hybrid Insulation Jacket Slate Black MenMSRP 299,95 €149,99 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %PictureFace It Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Ash Rose WomenMSRP 264,95 €132,50 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %Future WildManifest Alpha Fleece Jacket Snow White WomenMSRP 199,95 €100,00 €Available Sizes:SML
- newRehallDyna-R Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Navy Kids159,95 €Available Sizes:128140152164176
- newIcebreakerDescender Zip Hood Fleece Jacket Electron Pink / Tempo Women199,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newSalewaBrenta Down Jacket Electric Kids149,95 €Available Sizes:104116128140152
- newPicturePosy Fleece Jacket Desert Sage Women164,95 €Available Sizes:XSSML
- newRehallReed-R Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Gunmetal Kids159,95 €Available Sizes:140152164176
- newPictureOlyver Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Black Kids194,95 €Available Sizes:101214
- newRehallHype-R Fleece Jacket Lime Green Kids59,95 €Available Sizes:140152164176
- newPicturePipo Fleece Jacket Cathay Spice - Dark Blue Kids74,95 €Available Sizes:8101214
- newPictureStony Printed Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Mood Kids169,95 €Available Sizes:8101214
- newPictureToly Fleece Fleece Jacket Latte Kids84,95 €Available Sizes:8101214
- newRehallDavey-R Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Navy Kids159,95 €Available Sizes:140152164176
- newPictureDaumy Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Cathay Spice-Black Kids149,95 €Available Sizes:8101214
- newPictureCamaya Insulation Jacket Black Men184,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- newDidriksonsNeptun Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Petrol Green Kids109,95 €Available Sizes:8090100110120
- newRehallHype-R Fleece Jacket Olive Kids59,95 €Available Sizes:140152164176
- newPictureKamelya Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Dark Blue Kids174,95 €Available Sizes:101214
- newPictureWelcome 3L Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Laurel Wreath Men479,95 €Available Sizes:S
- newPictureFace It Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Black Women279,95 €Available Sizes:L
- newPictureDaumy Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Dark Blue Kids149,95 €Available Sizes:8101214
- newDevoldNibba Merino Hood Fleece Jacket Caviar Men199,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- new8848 AltitudeKeeya Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Black Kids229,95 €Available Sizes:150160170
- newPictureSeen Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Light Milk Women334,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- newPictureSylva 3L Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Autumn Blaze Women349,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newPictureHaakon Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Autumn Blaze Women379,95 €Available Sizes:L
- newPictureStone Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Laurel Wreath Men384,95 €Available Sizes:LXL
- newPictureExa Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Cashmere Rose Women334,95 €Available Sizes:L
- newPictureParker Softshell Jacket Black184,95 €Available Sizes:SM
- newPictureSeady Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Latte Kids149,95 €Available Sizes:8101214
- newZienerAnderl Junior Ski Jacket Burnt Orange Kids109,95 €Available Sizes:104116128140152
- newPictureTanlah Insulation Jacket Latte Women184,95 €Available Sizes:XSSML
- newPictureTakashima Insulation Jacket Laurel Wreath Men199,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- newPictureXobo 3L Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Andorra Men489,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- newPictureScape Insulation Jacket Andorra / Black Men219,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- newBurtonProwess 2.0 2L Snowboard Jacket Kelp Women319,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newBurtonCovert 2.0 2L Snowboard Jacket Rcklch/Mushrm Men269,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- newBurtonAK Cyclic Gore-Tex 2L Snowboard Jacket Hedgrn/Trublk Men489,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- newBurtonCovert 2.0 2L Snowboard Jacket Silver Men269,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- newBurtonProwess 2.0 2L Snowboard Jacket Blush Pink Ombre Women319,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newBurtonFrostner 2L Snowboard Jacket Rock Lichen Men309,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- newBurtonLoyil Down Jacket Slate Blue Women369,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- newDevoldNibba Merino Hood Fleece Jacket Beauty Women199,95 €Available Sizes:XSSMLXL
- newRehallDavey-R Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Olive Kids159,95 €Available Sizes:140152164176
- newRehallFiddler-R Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Camo Black Kids149,95 €Available Sizes:140152164176
- new8848 AltitudeOtis JR Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Navy / Sky Blue Kids199,95 €Available Sizes:130140150160170
- new8848 AltitudeOtis JR Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Sky Blue Kids199,95 €Available Sizes:130140150160170
- newDidriksonsNeptun Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Disco Purple Kids109,95 €Available Sizes:8090100110120
- newZienerAnderl Junior Ski Jacket Red Cabin Kids109,95 €Available Sizes:104116128140152
- newRehallRome-R Ski-/Snowboard Jacket China Blue Kids159,95 €Available Sizes:140152164176
- newRehallDavey-R Ski-/Snowboard Jacket Gunmetal Kids159,95 €Available Sizes:140152164176
- newDevoldNibba Pro Merino Hood Fleece Jacket Flood / Woods Men219,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
An indispensable part of snowboarding: the snowboard jacket. It really has to offer everything - keep you warm and dry, be breathable, comfortable and practical, and look stylish too. It needs storage space, must guarantee freedom of movement, be robust. Is your head already spinning? So that you can choose your favorite jacket with peace of mind, here you get the ultimate buying tips from us.
Snowboard jackets: one function is a must
There is one function that is non-negotiable: your jacket must be waterproof. This is important so that you are sufficiently protected from moisture and stay dry in case of falls, deep snow diving or chilling in the snow park.
But what does waterproof actually mean?
The higher the water column of your jacket, the tighter it is. The attribute "waterproof" starts from a water column of about 5,000 mm. You can usually find jackets with water columns of 5,000 to 20,000 mm, then often with high-quality Gore-Tex material.
We recommend: If you also like to be on the move in adverse conditions, then you should invest at least in a snowboard jacket with 10,000 mm water column. Then you can be sure that snow and water will stay outside, at least in moderate snowfall. If even heavy snowfall, uncertain weather or even rain can't keep you away from your beloved sport, then better buy a jacket with 15,000 to 20,000 mm! These are then more expensive, but definitely worth the money.
Waterproof fabrics almost always have an outer fabric made of polyamide (nylon) or polyester, which is additionally impregnated. This is then connected with a waterproof and breathable inner membrane. With some materials, there is also a third layer of mesh fabric. This makes the jacket more durable and eliminates the need for an additional layer of fabric.
For a truly waterproof model, you should then also pay attention to sealed seams - for example, seam bonding or taping.
It's also important for a waterproof jacket to be breathable - but fortunately that's more the rule than the exception. Breathable means how many grams of water vapor can escape from one square meter of fabric, and this property ensures that you don't swim in your own juice during exertion and also stay nice and dry on the inside.
How do you recognize breathability? Either the jacket has the attribute "breathable", or even better, there is a number attached to it. Breathability is then indicated either as MVP value or in grams. In both cases, the higher the value, the higher the breathability.
Warmth and snowboard jackets
If we say that your jacket must be waterproof, the question remains: how warm would you like it to be? Depending on your taste, there are pure hardshell jackets or insulated snowboard jackets.
A hardshell jacket keeps you dry inside and out, but has no thermal performance. It is really just weather protection. The practical thing about it is: you can just throw the jacket on quickly in warmer weather and pack a warm layer underneath in cold conditions. The hardshell jacket is also great for extreme and wet conditions or long backcountry climbs off-piste.
Can't stand the cold at all? Then check out insulated snowboard jackets. There are jackets with insulation filling or with removable insulation, for example a fleece layer.
If you look at the beginnings of snowboarding - everything was baggy style. This has now changed, there are many different designs and styles today and snowboard jackets are no longer so extremely different from ski jackets.
For example, you can choose an athletic cut that is tighter. Then there's the modern cut, which has pre-shaped inserts at the elbows and is cut a bit wider. And finally, of course, there's still the relaxed cut, which is cut wide and corresponds to the baggy style.
Which shape you choose is absolutely a matter of taste. The only important thing is: your jacket should not be too tight, because you should still have room for a layer underneath, the right size is crucial. And it should not be too short to provide sufficient protection from snow in case of falls.
What else should you look for when buying a snowboard jacket?
As we said, waterproofness is non-negotiable, breathability is important, everything else is a matter of taste. A jacket can have many more features that you can choose between:
• Detachable and/or pant compatible snow skirt
• Ventilation features with zipper
• Storage pocket for your goggles
• Front zip or half zip
• Front cargo pocket
• Wrist gaiters compatible with your gloves
• Hood: High collar with drawcord/helmet compatible
Washing and care of your snowboard jacket
You don't necessarily have to take your snowboard jacket to the dry cleaner. You can also wash it yourself - but then please use a special detergent. The impregnation will also thank you if you renew it from time to time with an (eco) impregnation spray or impregnation detergent. Most importantly, always check the manufacturer's washing recommendations and stick to them. It is important not to wash the jacket over 30 degrees and not to use fabric softener.
Snowboard jackets at Sport Conrad
We hope we could bring some light into the darkness and help you with your purchase decision, so that you can practice your favorite sport without worry. In our online store you will find a wide selection of jackets for women, men and children, for piste, backcountry or park - and of course snowboard jackets for every taste. We also have top brands in the store, such as Armada, Burton, Devold or Picture. And now have fun shopping and shredding!