PULSE & SPORTS WATCHES
- - 17 %newSuunto9 Sports Watch Baro Black599,00 €499,95 €
- - 13 %newSuunto9 G1 Baro Ambassador Edition Sports Watch Titanium749,95 €652,45 €
- - 13 %newGarminfénix 6X Pro Sapphire Sports Watch Carbon Gray849,95 €739,45 €
- - 13 %newGarminfénix 6X Pro Solar TI Sports Watch Carbon Gray949,95 €826,45 €
- - 13 %newGarminForerunner 245 Music Sports Watch White349,99 €304,45 €
- - 13 %newGarminHRM Dual Belt Strap69,95 €60,85 €
- - 13 %newSuunto3 Sports Watch Moss Grey229,00 €199,20 €
- - 13 %newSuuntoSmart Sensor for Sports Watch Black79,95 €69,55 €
- - 13 %newGarminCharging/Data Cable26,95 €23,45 €
- - 13 %newSuunto3 Sports Watch Slate Grey229,00 €199,20 €
- - 13 %newSuunto3 Sports Watch Granite Red229,00 €199,20 €
- - 20 %newSuunto24mm Explore 1 Silicone Strap for Sports Watch Graphite Gray49,95 €39,95 €
- - 13 %newGarminfénix 6 Sapphire Sports Watch Carbon Gray / Black799,95 €695,95 €
- - 13 %newGarminForerunner 945 Sports Watch Schwarz/Schiefer599,99 €521,95 €
- - 13 %newGarminForerunner 245 Sports Watch Grau299,99 €260,95 €
- - 27 %Garminfénix 5 Plus Sapphire Edition Sports Watch Black749,99 €549,95 €
- - 13 %newGarminForerunner 245 Music Sports Watch Black / Aqua349,99 €304,45 €
- - 13 %newGarminForerunner 45S Small Sports Watch White199,99 €173,95 €
- - 13 %newGarminForerunner 45 Large Sports Watch Black199,99 €173,95 €
- - 14 %Suunto9 Baro Sports Watch Titanium699,00 €599,95 €
- - 24 %Suunto9 Sports Watch Black499,00 €379,95 €
- - 24 %Suunto9 Sports Watch White499,00 €379,95 €
- - 20 %Suunto24mm Athletic 1 Silicone Strap for Sports Watch Lime / Black49,95 €39,95 €
- - 22 %Suunto3 Fitness Sports Watch All Black229,95 €179,95 €
- - 20 %Suunto24mm Athletic 1 Silicone Strap for Sports Watch White / Steel49,95 €39,95 €
- - 14 %Suunto24mm Explore 2 Textile Strap for Sports Watch Black69,95 €59,95 €
- - 20 %Suunto24mm Explore 1 Silicone Strap for Sports Watch Black49,95 €39,95 €
- - 13 %Suunto24mm Urban 2 Leather Strap for Sports Watch Brown / Black79,95 €69,55 €
- - 13 %Suunto5 G1 Sports Watch Black Steel329,00 €286,20 €
- - 15 %Suunto5 G1 Sports Watch White Black329,00 €279,95 €
- - 20 %newSuunto24mm Explore 1 Silicone Strap for Sports Watch Coral Gray49,95 €39,95 €
- newSuunto7 Sports Watch All Black478,95 €
- newSuunto7 Sports Watch Black Lime478,95 €
- newSuunto7 Sports Watch White Burgundy478,95 €
- newSuunto7 Sports Watch Graphite Copper479,00 €
- - 13 %Garminfénix 6 S Sapphire Sports Watch Carbon Gray799,95 €695,95 €
More PULSE & SPORT WATCHES facts
Running, Biking, Hiking, Skiing, Climbing, Yoga, Swimming.. there are so many sports out there! And all of them can be tracked analyzed using a multisport watch. These sports and pulse watches by the brands FitBit, Garmin and Suunto have a bunch of different features to adapt to your needs. Some people want a sports watch that they carry with them all the time, counting every step and every calorie and having integrated alarm clocks. Others look for other technological features such as a barometric altimeter, compass, weather forecasts or music players. And many sports watches can easily be connected with your smartphone – the possibilities are almost endless!
Your sports watch needs to fit you and your wrist
First things first – for you to actually carry your watch regularly, it needs to optically appeal to you and most of all, fit your wrist well. When doing sports, you move around quite a lot, and there are some sports that will simply not allow you to use your other hand to turn the watch to be able to read it. As for example when going down the hills on your mountain bike at really high speeds. Because that will not only annoy you, but it is also dangerous! Moreover, it is simply uncomfortable having your watch jump around on your arm while on a run or hurting underneath a tight jacket. As of this, you need to choose one that is not too large, not too small, not too thick and not too thin. Women will often choose small watches and men larger ones. By the way, some brands even offer interchangeable straps, so you can go for some crazy colors without getting tired of the straps design!
Just as important as the fit is the handling of the watch. Some watches have buttons, some more, some less. Others have touch screen. Both have their pros and cons. But you should definitely keep in mind what sports you are intending on doing. Because for sure, you will not want to take your gloves off when it is negative 20 degrees out there! Also, the display needs to suit you, some have background light, others can even be read when wearing a night-vision device.
So what about battery? Different watches have different battery capacities. As of this, you should consider whether you will be using the watch all the time or just when doing sports. Also, how the battery is charged and what energy save modes there are.
Operating system and compatibility of your sports watch
All brands have their own operating system, you should therefore chose a watch whose system seams logical and easy to use for you. Because that simply depends on your own personal preferences. Then there is the compatibility with desktop and mobile apps. Best is, you check in beforehand what apps are compatible with what watch and take a closer look at these. Because you will probably be spending lots of time tracking and analyzing your movements with these or load data from and onto your watch. Suunto for example has developed an app called Movescount, which lets you compare GPS data with other users. There you will also find training plans, events and groups, as well as be able to track and monitor your every activity and progress.
Sport watches offer a bunch of different features and possibilities. Do I really need all of these?
Most likely, the answer will be no. But that is the reason why there are so many different watches and different price categories. Multisport watches offer a large variety of different sports: running, trail running, diving, stand up paddle boarding, biking, general fitness, snowshoeing and so on – so many options. Many of these watches come with integrated GPS trackers and barometric altimeters, for those who want to precisely measure distance and altitude. Some will even let you load GPS data onto your watch, so that it can navigate you on new tours and trails! Meaning, you will be equipped perfectly for your outdoor adventure, be it on over-night tours or your evening cardio training.
Additionally, there are tools to measure your pulse and heart rate. Oftentimes are separate breast belt is available. And there are watches that have a compass, step counters, weather forecasts and details on sun rise. Many are water proof, some have integrated music players or will let you connect with your smartphone via Bluetooth to play music. And then there are specific functions such as those of the Suunto Traverse Alpha Sports Watch, giving you infos for hunting and fishing such as a shot detector.
Read more regarding sports watches
©Stretching with a sports watch by Fitbit ©Sports watch desktop app by Movescount - Suunto