Hiking- and Trekking boots
- - 10 %La SportivaBoulder X Mid GTX Hiking and Trekking Boots Grey / Red Men188,95 €170,05 €
- - 24 %HanwagAlaska GTX Hiking Boots Erde Men289,95 €219,95 €
- - 15 %MeindlGuffert GTX Trekking- Hikingboots Braun Men289,90 €246,40 €
- - 15 %HanwagAlverstone II GTX Trekking- Hikingboots Asphalt / Light Grey Men279,95 €237,95 €
- - 10 %LowaCamino GTX WXL Hiking & Trekking Boots Dunkelgrau / Schwarz Men259,95 €233,95 €
- - 24 %HanwagYukon Trekking- Hikingboots Erde Women289,95 €219,95 €
- - 15 %HanwagAlta Bunion Hallux Leather Trekking- Hikingboots Erde Women229,95 €195,45 €
- MeindlTessin GTX Identity Hiking Boots Dunkelbraun Women239,90 €
- - 10 %LowaTrekker Trekking- Hikingboots Schiefer Men259,95 €233,95 €
- - 15 %HanwagTatra Light GTX® - Wide - Trekking- Hikingboots Black / Asphalt Men239,95 €203,95 €
- - 15 %MeindlAir Revolution 2.3 GTX Trekking- Hikingboots Orange / Anthrazit Men249,90 €212,40 €
- - 15 %MeindlLitepeak GTX Trekking- Hikingboots Grau / Türkis Women249,90 €212,40 €
- - 15 %HanwagBanks Lederfutter Trekking- Hikingboots Navy / Asphalt Women219,95 €186,95 €
- - 15 %MeindlLitepeak GTX Trekking- Hikingboots Marine / Azur Women249,90 €212,40 €
- - 15 %MeindlMinnesota Pro GTX® Hiking Boots Nachtblau/Türkis Women229,90 €195,40 €
- - 15 %MeindlBadile Trekking- Hikingboots Braun Men279,90 €237,90 €
- - 15 %HanwagTatra II GTX Trekking and Hikingboots Asphalt / Dark Garnet Women259,95 €220,95 €
- - 15 %HanwagTatra Light GTX Hiking Boots Black / Orange Men239,95 €203,95 €
- - 10 %SalewaAlp Trainer Mid GTX® Junior Hiking Boot Myrtle / Tender Shot Kids109,95 €98,95 €
- - 10 %SalewaAlp Trainer Mid GTX Junior Hiking Boot Blue Danube / Fluo Green Kids109,95 €98,95 €
- - 15 %newMeindlAir Revolution Ultra GTX Hiking Boots Anthrazit/Orange Men249,90 €212,40 €
- - 15 %newSalewaMTN Trainer Mid GTX Hiking and Trekking Shoes Asphalt / Fluo Orange Men219,95 €186,95 €
- - 50 %SalewaAlpenviolet Mid GTX Hiking Boots Ombre Blue/Fluo Coral Women200,00 €99,95 €
- - 20 %MerrellMoab 2 Mid GTX Trekking- Hikingboots Beluga Women149,95 €119,90 €
- - 25 %ScarpaCYCLONE GTX Hiking and trekking boots GULL GRAY / STONE BLUE Men199,95 €149,90 €
- - 33 %MerrellMoab 2 Mid GTX Trekking- Hikingboots Black Men149,95 €99,90 €
- - 15 %HanwagBanks II GTX Hiking Boots Brown Men199,95 €169,95 €
- - 47 %SalewaAlp Trainer Mid GTX Lady Trekking- Hikingboots Black Out / Agata Women190,00 €99,90 €
- - 10 %newLowaBadia Lady GTX Hiking Boots Turquoise / Mandarin Women219,95 €197,95 €
- - 10 %newLowaCamino GTX Hiking Boots Anthrazit / Kiwi Men259,95 €233,95 €
- - 15 %MeindlLitepeak GTX Hikking- and Trekkingboots Marine / Gelb Men249,95 €212,45 €
- - 10 %ScarpaMescalito Mid GTX Hiking and Trekking Shoes Ottanio / Lakeblue Men229,95 €206,95 €
- - 10 %ScarpaMarmolada Pro HD Hiking and Trekking Shoes Lakeblue / Lime Men259,95 €233,95 €
- - 10 %newLowaLady III GTX Hiking Boots Navy Women259,95 €233,95 €
- - 10 %newLowaTicam II GTX WXL Hiking Boots Schwarz/Grün Men269,95 €242,95 €
- - 11 %newLowaLavena II GTX Hiking and Trekking Shoes Schiefer / Beere Women269,95 €239,00 €
Hitting the mountains with friends, with your family, your partner or simply by yourself – and of course with your hiking boots. Hiking is a wonderful thing to do, so relaxing and an exciting way of becoming part of our nature, reaching new summits and peaks and finding adventurous new trails. But only with a trekking boot that really fits, otherwise it will sooner or later become quite uncomfortable with blisters and pain.
Your trekking boot is not a mountaineering boot
A hiking or trekking boot is not the same as a mountaineering boot, although some people might think so. The areas of use are different, as are construction of the shoe. The mountaineering boot is extremely robust and stable and usually quite heavy. The hiking boot is also very robust and stable, but a bit more flexible, softer and weighs less. Trekking boots are used on regular hikes, be it your local mountain or a pilgrim’s route. The mountaineering boot on the other hand is used for rougher terrain and for ice climbing.
So what is so special about a hiking or trekking boot?
Why use this footwear for the mountains? Trekking boots give you more stability than for example a running shoe. This is because the area around your ankle is supported better, the shoe is more stable and the sole has a profile to match the mountains.
There are those with a lower stem which are great for forest and gravel paths. They are also good as approach shoes or when going on via ferratas. And those with a higher stem are better for steeper terrain.
When it comes to the shock absorption of the shoe, there are softer models and less softer ones. Those who have more dampening are more comfortable but you will have less feel for the ground with them. Less dampening means a more direct transfer of power.
Now on to the material. Hiking boots are made of either leather or synthetic leather. Both keep you relatively warm in winter, but real leather will also cool you off properly in summer. But synthetic leather is faster to dry, which is a great advantage when sweating in summer.
Last but not least: the sole of the hiking boot. It is mostly a so-called Vibram sole. You will easily recognize these by their yellow logo on the bottom. They offer the perfect combination of stability on the ground, abrasion-resistance and comfort. These soles do not wear out and are produced based on the vulcanization technology.
Hiking boots for all your needs
Many hiking boots are crampon-compatible, meaning you can put crampons onto them. Most are also water-proof thanks to Gore-Tex materials. The climbing zone in the tip of the shoe, which many have, is good for stability and protects your shoes from abrasion, especially when doing via ferratas. What else do you need for your tours in trekking shoes? For sure proper outdoor apparel and a good backpack!
Read more regarding hiking boots
©Hiking boots by Hanwag ©Hiking boots close-up by Cristoffer Sjöström