Hikking- and Trekking boots
- - 13 %La SportivaBoulder X Mid GTX® Hiking Boots Grey / Red Men188,95 €164,35 €
- - 23 %SalewaAlpenviolet Mid GTX® Hiking Boots Ombre Blue / Fluo Coral Women200,00 €154,00 €
- - 23 %LowaRenegade GTX Mid Hiking Boots Anthrazit / Stahlblau Men199,95 €153,95 €
- - 35 %La SportivaTX Top GTX Approach Shoes Black / Yellow Men229,95 €149,90 €
- - 23 %SalewaAlp Trainer Mid GTX Lady Trekking- Hikingboots Black Out / Agata Women190,00 €146,30 €
- - 23 %LowaLady Light GTX® Hiking Boots Blau Women229,95 €177,05 €
- - 23 %LowaTrekker Trekking- Hikingboots Schiefer Men260,00 €200,20 €
- - 23 %LowaLady Light GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Schiefer / Kiwi Women229,95 €177,05 €
- - 23 %MeindlLitepeak GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Brombeer / Orange Women239,95 €184,75 €
- - 23 %MeindlLitepeak GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Marine / Azur Women239,90 €184,70 €
- - 23 %HanwagAncash II GTX® - Wide - Trekking- Hikingboots Braun / Asphalt Men289,95 €223,25 €
- - 23 %LowaFerrox Pro GTX® Lady Hiking Boots Navy / Iceblau Women170,00 €130,90 €
- - 23 %LowaSantiago GTX® - Wide Last Trekking- Hikingboots Anthracite / Blau Men239,95 €184,75 €
- - 23 %LowaRenegade GTX Mid Trekking- Hikingboots Kiesel Women200,00 €154,00 €
- - 23 %SalomonVaya Mid GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Green Gables / Spruce Stone / Shadow Women149,95 €115,45 €
- - 13 %ScarpaMarmolada Pro HD W Trekking- Hikingboots Ice Green Women259,90 €226,10 €
- - 23 %SalomonOutward GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Peat / Black / Burnt Olive Men149,95 €115,45 €
- - 13 %La SportivaTrango Tech GTX Mountaineering Boots Black/Yellow Men248,95 €216,55 €
- - 23 %newMeindlAir Revolution Ultra GTX Hiking Boots Anthrazit/Orange Men239,90 €184,70 €
- - 27 %MeindlAir Revolution 3.7 GTX® Hiking Boots Lemon / Schwarz Men259,90 €189,95 €
- - 30 %SalewaAlpenviolet Mid GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Red Plum / Orange Popsicle Women200,00 €139,95 €
- - 29 %SalewaAlpenviolet GTX® Hiking Boots Blue Fog / Fluo Coral Women170,00 €119,95 €
- - 27 %SalewaAlpenrose Ultra Mid GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Night-Black / Mineral-Red Women190,00 €139,00 €
- - 23 %newSalewaMTN Trainer Mid GTX Hiking Boots Asphalt/Fluo Orange Men220,00 €169,40 €
- - 23 %newMeindlX-SO 70 Lady Mid GTX® Hiking Boots Marine / Türkis Women199,90 €153,90 €
- - 23 %DachsteinSuper Ferrata MC GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Navy Blue Women229,95 €177,05 €
- - 33 %MerrellSiren Mid GTX® Lady Trekking- Hikingboots Navy / Blue Women150,00 €99,95 €
- - 23 %DachsteinSuper Ferrata MC Leather Trekking- Hikingboots Cement Women229,95 €177,05 €
- - 23 %DachsteinSuper Ferrata MC GTX® Trekking- Hikingboot Dark Blue Men229,95 €177,05 €
- - 23 %SalewaMTN Trainer Mid GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Charcoal / Papavera Men220,00 €169,40 €
- - 23 %GrisportEvo Mid Gritex Trekking- Hikingboots Black / Blue Women99,95 €76,95 €
- - 30 %HanwagBanks II GTX® Hiking Boots Brown Men199,95 €139,90 €
- - 50 %KeenKarraik Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots Bungee Cord / Green Gables Men189,95 €95,00 €
- - 13 %ScarpaMescalito Mid GTX® W Trekking- Hikingboots Brown Rose / Mineral Red Women229,90 €200,00 €
- - 23 %ScarpaMistral GTX Hiking Boots Navy / Turquoise Kids99,95 €76,95 €
- - 26 %SalewaAlpenrose Ultra MID GTX® Lady Trekking- Hikingboots Blue Sapphire / Fluo Coral Women190,00 €139,90 €
More Hiking- and trekking boots
Hitting the mountains with friends, with your family, your partner or simply by yourself – and of course with your hiking boots. Hiking is a wonderful thing to do, so relaxing and an exciting way of becoming part of our nature, reaching new summits and peaks and finding adventurous new trails. But only with a trekking boot that really fits, otherwise it will sooner or later become quite uncomfortable with blisters and pain.
Your trekking boot is not a mountaineering boot
A hiking or trekking boot is not the same as a mountaineering boot, although some people might think so. The areas of use are different, as are construction of the shoe. The mountaineering boot is extremely robust and stable and usually quite heavy. The hiking boot is also very robust and stable, but a bit more flexible, softer and weighs less. Trekking boots are used on regular hikes, be it your local mountain or a pilgrim’s route. The mountaineering boot on the other hand is used for rougher terrain and for ice climbing.
So what is so special about a hiking or trekking boot?
Why use this footwear for the mountains? Trekking boots give you more stability than for example a running shoe. This is because the area around your ankle is supported better, the shoe is more stable and the sole has a profile to match the mountains.
There are those with a lower stem which are great for forest and gravel paths. They are also good as approach shoes or when going on via ferratas. And those with a higher stem are better for steeper terrain.
When it comes to the shock absorption of the shoe, there are softer models and less softer ones. Those who have more dampening are more comfortable but you will have less feel for the ground with them. Less dampening means a more direct transfer of power.
Now on to the material. Hiking boots are made of either leather or synthetic leather. Both keep you relatively warm in winter, but real leather will also cool you off properly in summer. But synthetic leather is faster to dry, which is a great advantage when sweating in summer.
Last but not least: the sole of the hiking boot. It is mostly a so-called Vibram sole. You will easily recognize these by their yellow logo on the bottom. They offer the perfect combination of stability on the ground, abrasion-resistance and comfort. These soles do not wear out and are produced based on the vulcanization technology.
Hiking boots for all your needs
Many hiking boots are crampon-compatible, meaning you can put crampons onto them. Most are also water-proof thanks to Gore-Tex materials. The climbing zone in the tip of the shoe, which many have, is good for stability and protects your shoes from abrasion, especially when doing via ferratas. What else do you need for your tours in trekking shoes? For sure proper outdoor apparel and a good backpack!
Read more regarding hiking boots
©Hiking boots by Hanwag ©Hiking boots close-up by Cristoffer Sjöström