Hikking- and Trekking boots
- - 17 %HanwagGrünten Winter/Ice Winter Boots Marone Men299,95 €249,00 €
- - 15 %HanwagAncash II GTX - Wide - Trekking- Hikingboots Braun / Asphalt Men289,95 €246,45 €
- - 15 %MonturaAltura GTX Hiking- and Trekkingboots Antracite / Verde Lime Men178,95 €152,10 €
- - 15 %MonturaAltura GTX Hiking- and Trekkingboots Antracite / Argento Women178,95 €152,10 €
- - 15 %MonturaYaru Tekno GTX Hiking- and Trekkingboots Antracite / Rosso Men188,95 €160,60 €
- - 17 %Dolomite54 High FG GTX Winter Boots Aluminium Grey Men179,95 €149,90 €
- - 20 %ScarpaMarmolada Pro HD Hiking and Trekking Shoes Shark / Coral Women259,95 €207,95 €
- - 10 %ScarpaMarmolada Pro HD Hiking and Trekking Shoes Shark / Octane Men259,95 €233,95 €
- - 25 %ScarpaMarmolada Trek HD Hiking and Trekking Shoes Shark / Cherry Women239,95 €179,90 €
- - 10 %ScarpaCYCLONE GTX Hiking and trekking boots GULL GRAY / STONE BLUE Men199,95 €179,95 €
- - 10 %ScarpaCyclone GTX WMN Hiking and trekking boots Gull-Gray / Arctic Women199,95 €179,95 €
- - 15 %SalomonX Ultra 3 Mid GTX Trekking- and Hikingboots Green Gables / Balsam Green / Patina Green Women164,95 €140,20 €
- - 15 %MeindlX-SO 70 Lady Mid GTX Hiking Boots Marine / Türkis Women199,90 €169,90 €
- - 23 %SalomonAlphacross Blast Running Shoes Surf / Navy Kids64,95 €49,95 €
- - 15 %MeindlLitepeak GTX Hiking- and Trekkingboots Granit / Lemon Men249,95 €212,45 €
- - 20 %MeindlAir Revolution Ultra GTX Hiking- and Trekkingboots Graphit / Lemon Men249,95 €199,90 €
- - 17 %MeindlNebraska Mid GTX Hiking- and Trekkingboots Mahagoni Men179,95 €149,90 €
- - 37 %MonturaYaru Tekno GTX Hiking- and Trekkingboots Castoro / Verde Lime Men188,95 €119,90 €
- - 10 %SalomonAlphacross Blast CSWP J Running Shoes Ethereal Blue / Navy Blazer / Indigo Bunting Kids74,95 €67,45 €
- - 35 %HanwagAlta Bunion Trekking-Hiking Boots Asphalt / Dark Garnet Women229,95 €149,90 €
- - 15 %SalewaMTN Trainer Mid GTX Trekking-Hikingboots Atlantic Deep / Ombre Blue Women220,00 €187,00 €
- - 38 %HanwagCanyon Trekking-Hiking Boots Mocca / Tan Women239,95 €149,90 €
- - 15 %HanwagBanks Lederfutter Trekking- Hikingboots Mocca / Asphalt Men219,95 €186,95 €
- - 31 %HanwagAlaska GTX Hiking- and Trekking Boots Erde Braun Women289,95 €199,90 €
- - 15 %HanwagTatra II Lady GTX Hiking Boots Marine Navy Women259,95 €220,95 €
- - 10 %ScarpaMescalito Lace Kid GTX Hiking Boot Fuxia Kids99,95 €89,95 €
- - 10 %ScarpaMojito Mid-Z Hiking Boot Navy Kids94,95 €85,45 €
- - 15 %SalomonOutward GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Peat / Black / Burnt Olive Men149,95 €127,45 €
- - 10 %La SportivaTrango Tech Leather GTX Mountaineering Boots Opal / Neptune Men258,95 €233,05 €
- - 20 %LowaSassa Gtx Mid Trekking- and Hikingboots Navy / Rose Women199,95 €159,95 €
- - 15 %LowaRenegade GTX Mid Hiking and trekking boots Schiefer / Aubergine Women200,00 €170,00 €
- - 10 %LowaLedro GTX Mid Casual Shoe Anthrazit / Limone Kids115,00 €103,50 €
- - 15 %LowaRenegade GTX Mid Hiking Boots Sepia Men200,00 €170,00 €
- - 15 %LowaRenegade GTX Mid Hiking and Trekking Shoes Oliv / Senf Men200,00 €170,00 €
- - 18 %LowaFerrox Pro GTX Mid Trekking- and Hikingboots Schwarz / Blau Men169,95 €139,95 €
- - 21 %SalomonKicka CSWP J Hiking Boot Cadet / Evening Blue / Tropical Peach Kids69,95 €54,95 €
Hitting the mountains with friends, with your family, your partner or simply by yourself – and of course with your hiking boots. Hiking is a wonderful thing to do, so relaxing and an exciting way of becoming part of our nature, reaching new summits and peaks and finding adventurous new trails. But only with a trekking boot that really fits, otherwise it will sooner or later become quite uncomfortable with blisters and pain.
Your trekking boot is not a mountaineering boot
A hiking or trekking boot is not the same as a mountaineering boot, although some people might think so. The areas of use are different, as are construction of the shoe. The mountaineering boot is extremely robust and stable and usually quite heavy. The hiking boot is also very robust and stable, but a bit more flexible, softer and weighs less. Trekking boots are used on regular hikes, be it your local mountain or a pilgrim’s route. The mountaineering boot on the other hand is used for rougher terrain and for ice climbing.
So what is so special about a hiking or trekking boot?
Why use this footwear for the mountains? Trekking boots give you more stability than for example a running shoe. This is because the area around your ankle is supported better, the shoe is more stable and the sole has a profile to match the mountains.
There are those with a lower stem which are great for forest and gravel paths. They are also good as approach shoes or when going on via ferratas. And those with a higher stem are better for steeper terrain.
When it comes to the shock absorption of the shoe, there are softer models and less softer ones. Those who have more dampening are more comfortable but you will have less feel for the ground with them. Less dampening means a more direct transfer of power.
Now on to the material. Hiking boots are made of either leather or synthetic leather. Both keep you relatively warm in winter, but real leather will also cool you off properly in summer. But synthetic leather is faster to dry, which is a great advantage when sweating in summer.
Last but not least: the sole of the hiking boot. It is mostly a so-called Vibram sole. You will easily recognize these by their yellow logo on the bottom. They offer the perfect combination of stability on the ground, abrasion-resistance and comfort. These soles do not wear out and are produced based on the vulcanization technology.
Hiking boots for all your needs
Many hiking boots are crampon-compatible, meaning you can put crampons onto them. Most are also water-proof thanks to Gore-Tex materials. The climbing zone in the tip of the shoe, which many have, is good for stability and protects your shoes from abrasion, especially when doing via ferratas. What else do you need for your tours in trekking shoes? For sure proper outdoor apparel and a good backpack!
Read more regarding hiking boots
©Hiking boots by Hanwag ©Hiking boots close-up by Cristoffer Sjöström