Cross Country Gloves
- newIcebreaker200 Oasis Liners Gloves Black35,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- newIcebreakerQuantum Gloves Black45,95 €Available Sizes:XSSMLXL
- HestraErgo Grip Windstopper Race Gloves Black74,95 €Available Sizes:678
- HestraWindstopper Race Tracker Gloves Navy / Red64,95 €Available Sizes:7,08,011,0
- RoecklLappi Top Function Gloves Black / Yellow59,95 €Available Sizes:6,57,010,0
- LekiCC Thermo Shark Gloves Black69,95 €Available Sizes:7,08,510,511,0
- MalojaHillockM. Gloves Charcoal54,95 €Available Sizes:SLXL
- LekiCC Thermo Shark Lobster 2+2 Gloves Black69,95 €Available Sizes:7,08,59,510,0
- LekiCC Shark Gloves Black59,95 €Available Sizes:6,06,57,07,58,0
- HestraTracker Gloves Brilliant Blue Print Kids44,95 €Available Sizes:6,07,0
- HestraInfinium Momentum Gloves Fuchsia Women54,95 €Available Sizes:89
- RoecklElva Gloves Schwarz Women69,95 €Available Sizes:6
- - 20 %RoecklKohlberg Gloves BlackMSRP 29,95 €23,95 €Available Sizes:6,58,011,0
- HestraComfort Tracker 3-Finger Gloves Navy / Ivory59,95 €Available Sizes:6710
- RoecklLyngen Gloves Thyme39,95 €Available Sizes:7,07,58,09,510,0
- RoecklElena Gloves Nachtblau Women49,95 €Available Sizes:65
- LekiPRC ThermoPlus Shark Gloves Black / Ice Green Women79,95 €Available Sizes:6,57,07,58,08,5
- LekiHRC Race Shark Gloves Black / Neonyellow79,95 €Available Sizes:7,58,09,510,010,5
- - 20 %RoecklKobuk Gloves BlackMSRP 29,95 €23,95 €Available Sizes:7,5
- HestraXC Primaloft Gloves Bordeaux Print Women54,95 €Available Sizes:68
- SwixTriac pro Gloves Black79,95 €Available Sizes:7
- - 20 %RoecklKatmai Gloves Black / CamelMSRP 59,95 €47,95 €Available Sizes:7,07,59,510,010,5
- - 20 %HestraNew Testival Product Infinium Stretch Liner Light Gloves BlackMSRP 44,95 €35,95 €Available Sizes:6
- HestraNew Testival Product Ergo Grip Windstopper Race Gloves Black74,95 €Available Sizes:78911
- LekiPRC Shark Gloves Black / Neonyellow69,95 €Available Sizes:7,07,58,08,510,0
- - 20 %HestraNew Testival Product Windstopper Active Grip Gloves Black PrintMSRP 48,95 €38,95 €Available Sizes:79
- - 20 %LekiPRC Boa Shark Gloves Black / Neon YellowMSRP 109,95 €87,95 €Available Sizes:7,58,08,59,09,5
- - 20 %IcebreakerNew Testival Product 260 Tech Glove BlackMSRP 39,95 €31,95 €Available Sizes:XL
- HestraComfort Tracker - 5 Finger Gloves Black / Ivory59,95 €Available Sizes:8
- - 20 %ReuschTerro Stormbloxx Touch-Tec Gloves Black / Safety YellowMSRP 34,95 €27,95 €Available Sizes:7,011,0
- - 20 %HestraNew Testival Product Comfort Tracker 3-Finger Gloves Black / IvoryMSRP 59,95 €47,95 €Available Sizes:67
- ReuschDiver X R-Tex XT Touch-Tec Junior Gloves Black / Silver Kids29,95 €Available Sizes:4,04,5
- - 20 %RoecklNew Testival Product Turin Gloves BlackMSRP 69,95 €55,95 €Available Sizes:7,07,58,08,59,0
- - 20 %ZienerIdaho GTX INF Touch Gloves BlackMSRP 39,95 €31,95 €Available Sizes:6,5
- LekiPRC ThermoPlus Shark Gloves Black / White Women79,95 €Available Sizes:7,07,5
- HestraXC Primaloft Mittens Bordeaux Print Women54,95 €Available Sizes:78
- - 33 %HestraTracker Junior Mittens Black Print KidsMSRP 44,95 €29,95 €Available Sizes:47
- - 20 %HestraNew Testival Product Infinium Momentum Gloves NavyMSRP 54,95 €43,95 €Available Sizes:11
- - 20 %HestraNew Testival Product Windstopper Race Tracker Gloves BlackMSRP 64,95 €51,95 €Available Sizes:7
- LekiHRC Race Shark Gloves Black / Pink79,95 €Available Sizes:6,57,07,58,08,5
- HestraErgo Grip Windstopper Race Gloves Navy74,95 €Available Sizes:711
- - 20 %RoecklNew Testival Product Lappi Top Function Gloves Black / WhiteMSRP 59,95 €47,95 €Available Sizes:8,510,5
- - 20 %HestraNew Testival Product XC Over Mitt Gloves BlackMSRP 39,95 €31,95 €Available Sizes:8
- - 20 %RoecklKarwendel Gloves Black / CamelMSRP 79,95 €63,95 €Available Sizes:8,08,5
- HestraWomen's XC Ergo Grip Gloves Fuchsia Women78,95 €Available Sizes:89
- SportfulApex Light Gloves Mauve Women49,90 €Available Sizes:LXL
- - 20 %HestraNew Testival Product XC Primaloft Gloves Dark Navy Print WomenMSRP 54,95 €43,95 €Available Sizes:679
- HestraWindstopper Ergo Grip Touring Gloves Black89,95 €Available Sizes:67
- RoecklKatla Gloves Black Kids24,95 €Available Sizes:4,05,06,0
- HestraWomen's W.S. Breeze Gloves Black Women49,95 €Available Sizes:789
- - 20 %ZienerIlion AS(R) multisport Gloves Poison YellowMSRP 39,95 €31,95 €Available Sizes:6,57,07,58,08,5
- RoecklLinghem Gloves Rumba Red49,95 €Available Sizes:6,57,08,5
- - 20 %HestraNew Testival Product Comfort Tracker - 5 Finger Gloves Black / IvoryMSRP 59,95 €47,95 €Available Sizes:811
- RoecklLesja Gloves Black34,95 €Available Sizes:7,07,58,09,09,5
- - 21 %HestraNew Testival Product Touch Point Fleece Liner Gloves BlackMSRP 28,95 €22,95 €Available Sizes:7,0
- RoecklKarleby Gloves Blue Aster Kids29,95 €Available Sizes:5,06,07,0
- - 20 %HestraNew Testival Product Tracker Gloves Blue Print KidsMSRP 44,95 €35,95 €Available Sizes:4,05,06,0
- - 20 %HestraNew Testival Product XC Primaloft Mittens Bordeaux Print WomenMSRP 54,95 €43,95 €Available Sizes:6789
- HestraWool Terry Junior Gloves Black Kids58,95 €Available Sizes:4,05,06,07,0
- - 20 %RoecklNew Testival Product Lidhult Gloves Black / YellowMSRP 54,95 €43,95 €Available Sizes:10,5
- RoecklLesja Jr. Gloves Black/Tobacco Brown Kids29,95 €Available Sizes:4,05,06,07,0
- - 20 %RoecklNew Testival Product Lappi Junior Gloves Black / Yellow KidsMSRP 49,95 €39,95 €Available Sizes:4,0
- SportfulEngadin Gloves Black Women44,90 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
A good cross-country skiing glove must be able to do a lot
How convenient - when cross-country skiing, you can go on the trail with your normal winter sports clothes that you usually wear when hiking or running. But one piece of clothing is very important and should fit perfectly - your cross-country ski gloves! With the right equipment, cross-country skiing is fun for a long time, and here you can find out what you should consider when choosing your cross-country skiing gloves. We at Sport Conrad offer you an extensive range for women, men and children with different glove models for cross-country skiing.
Important features of cross-country ski gloves
You shouldn't compromise on the cross-country trail, so the gloves for cross-country skiing have to be real all-rounders. The accessory should be light and cuddly, but still robust and resistant. Also, important is the breathability, that the sweat is absorbed and still insulate sufficiently and protect you from the cold. The gloves should adhere well to your cross-country ski poles, but not restrict mobility.
One of the most important features is that the gloves must fit really tightly to the hands. In warmth, the gloves expand and if you bought the glove too big, friction can cause unpleasant blisters. As you can see, the requirements for cross-country gloves are great, and we want to help you find the perfect pair, so you can enjoy the trail without distractions.
What types of cross country ski gloves are there?
There are a few different types of cross-country ski gloves. The most common is the "racing glove", which is not padded on the palm and usually has some sort of grippy material (such as rubber) on the palms to improve traction and grip in wet conditions.
Another popular model is the "trail riding glove" or just an "all-purpose glove" that usually protects your hands better than a racing gloves, but still provides good ventilation, so you don't get too hot while riding or build up too much moisture in the glove. Many people like these gloves because they can use them off-road as well in races without having to carry around two pairs of gloves all day.
Finally, there are "winter versions" that come with an extra layer of insulation for when you need them most in colder weather - for example, when the temperature is below freezing. Cross-country gloves come in a variety of models and whether you choose a thin or thicker pair or prefer a mitten, the important thing is that you can move freely, the glove is comfortable, and you feel good with the winter sport accessory.
Which material for cross-country gloves?
As with all outdoor sports, breathable and moisture-wicking functional materials made of synthetic fiber or merino wool also prove themselves in cross-country skiing. Synthetic fiber scores with its weather resistance, breathability, is both abrasion resistant and durable. Merino wool is characterized primarily by temperature regulation. It warms in cold weather (even when damp) and cools in heat - in addition, athletes love the odor-neutralizing and self-cleaning properties of wool.
In very cold and windy weather conditions, windproof materials such as softshell are useful. Tight-fitting cuffs reliably protect you from wind and cold. If, on the other hand, you want to make it particularly robust and durable, we recommend gloves with genuine leather inserts. The palm of a cross-country skiing glove should have a good grip and be as seamless as possible to enable targeted and chafe-free pole use.
The outer and the inner hand of cross-country skiing gloves are usually made of technical textiles or leather. The material of the palm is firmer and has a rough, anti-slip surface. The outer hand is mainly made of breathable functional materials. It is important that the top of the hand, protects the hands from external weather conditions and keeps them warm. At the same time, the material must be flexible enough so that the hands are not restricted in their movement.
Hardshell vs. Softshell
• Hardshell gloves consists of three layers. The first layer is a warming inner or lining glove, the second is an insulating layer and the last layer is rounded off by a robust outer glove and optionally a waterproof membrane. The warmer and more insulating the glove, the less sensitivity you have in your fingers. Many manufacturers counteract this with the targeted use of different insulation thicknesses - but hardshell gloves are still not the first choice for cross-country skiing.
• Since the mobility of the hand is very important for cross-country skiing, it is best to use softshell gloves. They usually do without a thick insulating layer, and this offers you better freedom of movement and greater comfort on the trail. Models with an integrated membrane are breathable, windproof and sufficiently water-repellent for cross-country skiing.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of cross-country skiing gloves?
The advantages of gloves for cross-country skiing are the same as for many winter sports, such as winter running or trail running. They protect your hands from cold and injuries, allow you to grip objects better, prevent blisters on long rides or hikes, etc.
However, there is one advantage that sets these gloves apart from others: They have an adjustable strap on the wrist that allows you to easily adjust them as needed, without having to take off your glove to loosen or retighten it. This feature alone makes cross-country gloves an essential accessory for winter sports. Additionally, many new glove models are touchscreen compatible and are, of course, just as suitable for winter running or trail running.
We don't think there are any real downsides to cross-country ski gloves - unless you've chosen the wrong size or picked a cheap product that will quickly break down with regular use.
Which cross-country glove is right for you?
This decision depends entirely on your individual performance level and your requirements. However, it is certain that cross-country skiing is an active activity and a sweaty sport. Therefore, we recommend that you avoid lined gloves and focus on breathability.
The cross-country skiing gloves should fit tightly to your hands and support you with a lot of freedom of movement. It is an advantage if the inside has enough grip and is as seamless as possible. The outside of the gloves must keep your hands warm and flexible at the same time. If your cross-country ski gloves meet these requirements, you are perfectly equpped for the trail.
With the cross-country ski gloves in our Sport Conrad store, you will always find the size chart according to the manufacturer, so you can find the right size for your new winter equipment.
Well-equipped for your next cross-country trip with sport conrad
When you're cross-country skiing, you're out in the cold winter air for a long time. It's important to keep your fingers warm. Here in the Sport Conrad store, you'll find a selection of cross-country gloves that keep out the cold, wind and wet, so you can enjoy your cross-country trip undisturbed. It is important to us to always provide you with high quality.
That's why we offer gloves from many experienced brands like Leki, Hestra, Roeckl, Gore Wear, Reusch, Ziener and Sportful.
With us and our range for men, women and children you are well-prepared for the winter and your next cross-country skiing and can take off on the trail. Find the right cross-country ski gloves in our online store and get inspired by our wide range of items made of different materials, sizes and colors.
Find out more about cross-country skiing and winter sports:
• Cross country skiing guide - Styles: classic, skating, backcountry, classic no-wax skin ski
• Cross country skiing guide: Which Equipment do you need for Backcountry?
• Cross country skiing guide: Which Equipment do you need for Classic?
• Cross country skiing guide: Which Equipment do you need for Skating?
• Merino: The allrounder among functional materials
• The right outfit for winter running