- - 11 %newOrtovoxCarbon 240 Superlight Probe Black89,95 €79,95 €
- - 13 %newOrtovoxAlu 240 Probe Silver39,95 €34,95 €
- - 8 %newOrtovoxAlu 240 PFA Probe Silver59,95 €54,95 €
- - 6 %newOrtovoxAlu 320+ PFA Probe Silver79,95 €74,95 €
- - 24 %newPiepsiProbe II 220cm Probe170,00 €129,95 €
- - 43 %newBCAStealth 330 Probe69,95 €39,95 €
- - 10 %newMammutProbe 240 cm Probe49,95 €44,95 €
- - 25 %newBlack DiamondQuick Draw Tour Probe 280cm Probe59,95 €44,95 €
- - 11 %newMammutCarbon 240 Light Probe89,95 €79,95 €
- - 33 %newLACDAvalanche Express 2.0 Probe Blue39,95 €26,95 €
- - 33 %newLACDAvalanche Express 2.0 Probe Pink39,95 €26,95 €
- - 11 %newBCAStealth 270 Probe61,95 €54,95 €
- - 8 %newBCAStealth 300 Carbon Probe Black91,95 €84,95 €
- newMammutProbe 240 Short Probe Neon Orange54,95 €
- newMammutProbe 240 Short Probe Dragon Fruit54,95 €
- - 21 %newBlack DiamondQuickdraw Tour 320 cm Probe69,95 €54,95 €
- - 8 %newBlack DiamondQuickdraw Pro 280 Probe64,95 €59,95 €
- - 7 %newMammutProbe 280 Speed Lock Probe74,95 €69,95 €
- newBlack DiamondQuickdraw Pro 240 Probe54,95 €
- - 10 %newMammutCarbon Probe 280 Fast Lock Probe Neon Orange99,95 €89,95 €
- - 6 %newMammutProbe 320 Speed Lock Probe Neon Orange84,95 €79,95 €
- - 6 %newBlack DiamondQuickdraw Carbon 240 Probe89,95 €84,95 €
- - 7 %newPiepsIProbe BT 300 Probe214,95 €199,95 €
- - 8 %newPiepsProbe Alu 260 Sport Probe59,95 €54,95 €
- - 11 %newPiepsCarbon 240 Race Probe89,95 €79,95 €
- - 5 %newPiepsIProbe BT 260 Probe199,95 €189,95 €
- - 3 %newPiepsIProbe BT 220 Probe184,95 €179,95 €
- - 11 %ArvaRace 240 Probe89,95 €79,95 €
- - 29 %BCAStealth 330 Probe69,95 €49,95 €
- - 18 %StubaiLight 240 Probe Black - Red48,95 €39,95 €
When it comes to avalanche safety gear, you shouldn’t compromise on its quality since it’s supposed to save lives. And if something breaks in the worst possible moment due to low quality material, it could cost you precious seconds or even minutes. Therefore, look for probes which are preferably made of aluminum, carbon or for heavy duty use such as steel. Steel probes are usually built for high degree precision and reliability without paying too much attention to its weight.
On a flip side aluminum probes are the most common probes for recreational backcountry skiers. Where ratio of weight to rigidity and precision has been completely achieved for a backcountry user needs. A 3rd option would be a probe made of carbon fiber material, which brings all characteristics of rigidity, precision and lightweights together with its low heat conduction, however at the cost of higher price.
It all depends on a mountain region where you mostly going to spend your winter ski touring or mountaineering. Mountain ranges and its surroundings are specific to its precipitation climate, which would eventually reflect on its depth of a snowpack. In a shallower snowpack, with longer and drier spells, probe with 240 cm is sufficient. However, if you tend to travel to areas with a lot of precipitation, hence the deeper snowpack, pick one of the longer probes between 270 cm and 320cm.
ELEMENTS TO LOOK FOR
Since time is precious during an avalanche rescue scenario, all little details matter. This is why, not only probe but also rest of the avalanche safety gear must be easy to use, without the slightest hesitation.A probe has to be built in a way that user can intuitively, effectively deploy the probe. Preferably in one motion and in the fastest possible way.
This way a probe can be assembled in matter of seconds.Stability and stiffness of the probe is one of the important factors that need to be considered when buying a probe for a precise probing. The thicker diameter, the more precise probe is, however at the cost of a heavier probe.Probe must be compact and easily stowable in a backpackProbe must provide clear and visually easy to read the depth measurement system.
Know before you go – get the training and learn how you can have fun in the mountains while being safe.