The name Asics is derived from the Latin saying "Anima Sana in Corpore Sano". Translated, it means "a sound mind in a sound body".
- newAsicsCore T-Shirt Performance Black Men19,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGel-Sonoma 6 GTX Running Shoes Black / Black MenMSRP 99,95 €79,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGel-Kayano 29 Running Shoes Deep Ocean / Cherry Tomato MenMSRP 189,95 €151,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGel-Kayano 29 Running Shoes Electric Blue / White MenMSRP 189,95 €151,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGel-Sonoma 6 GTX Running Shoes Black / Black WomenMSRP 99,95 €79,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsNovablast 3 Running Shoes Black / Soft Sky WomenMSRP 149,95 €119,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGel-Cumulus 24 Mk Running Shoes Dive Blue / Orchid WomenMSRP 149,95 €119,95 €
- newAsicsCore 5 In Shorts Performance Black Men29,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGT-1000 11 GTX Running Shoes Black / Shocking Orange MenMSRP 139,95 €111,95 €
- newAsicsCore Tights Performance Black Men39,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGel-Kayano 29 Running Shoes Black / Red Alert WomenMSRP 189,95 €151,95 €
- newAsicsAccelerate Light Jacket Performance Black Men99,95 €
- newAsicsRoad 2-in-1 5" Shorts Mantle Green / Performance Blacke Men49,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGel-Cumulus 24 Running Shoes Carrier Grey / White MenMSRP 149,95 €119,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsNovablast 3 Running Shoes Black / Amber MenMSRP 149,95 €119,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Noosa Tri 13 Gs Running Shoes New Leaf / Velvet Pine KidsMSRP 69,95 €62,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGT-1000 11 GTX Running Shoes Black / Fuchsia Red WomenMSRP 139,95 €111,95 €
- newAsicsCore Half-Zip Longsleeve Performance Black Men34,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsNoosa Tri 14 Running Shoes Lavender Glow / Soft WomenMSRP 149,95 €119,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsTrabuco Max Running Shoes Black / Nova Orange WomenMSRP 169,95 €135,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGel-Cumulus 24 Running Shoes Cranberry / Frosted Rose WomenMSRP 149,95 €119,95 €
- newAsicsIcon 4 in Shorts Performance Black Women39,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGel-Trabuco 10 Running Shoes Black / Blue Coast MenMSRP 149,95 €119,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGel-Nimbus 24 Running Shoes Azure / Amber MenMSRP 189,95 €151,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGel-Cumulus 24 Mk Running Shoes Midnight / Amber MenMSRP 149,95 €119,95 €
- newAsicsCore Woven Pants Performance Black Men49,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGel-Nimbus 24 Running Shoes Cranberry / Frosted Rose WomenMSRP 189,95 €151,95 €
- newAsicsCore Longsleeve Performance Black Men29,95 €
- newAsicsKatakana Longsleeve Night Shade Women34,95 €
- newAsicsAccelerate Sports-Bra Performance Black Women44,95 €
- newAsicsKatakana Longsleeve Mantle Green Men34,95 €
- newAsicsCore Half-Zip Winter Longsleeve Performance Black Women44,95 €
- newAsicsCore Logo Sports-Bra Performance Black Women29,95 €
- newAsicsCore Half-Zip Longsleeve Performance Black Women34,95 €
- - 20 %newAsicsGel-Nimbus 24 Running Shoes Electric Blue / Piedt Grey MenMSRP 189,95 €151,95 €
- newAsicsVentilate 2-in-1 3.5" Shorts Performance Black Women49,95 €
Why is Asics a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
The sports brand founded in Japan has committed to sustainable materials, environmentally friendly energy and the goal of reducing its own carbon emissions to zero by 2050. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, Asics stands out in the following ways:
- The company is committed to accountability throughout the supply chain
- It prides itself on ecologically friendly, resource-saving production
- Asics constantly drives improvements in working conditions at its production sites
Positive effects of exercise
The acronym “Asics” is derived from “Anima Sana in Corpore Sano” and translates as: “a sound mind in a sound body.” The company is convinced that a healthy planet is equally important for a healthy mind and body. When Kihachiro Onitsuka founded the company in 1949, his vision was to provide young people with a direction and strength in life through sports and fitness. Over the years, this idea has evolved into a comprehensive corporate social philosophy. Today this philosophy also includes activities relating to environmental protection in addition to the social aspects, such as donations, disaster relief and fostering a healthier lifestyle. Asics' sustainability efforts involve the entire value chain: from the selection of sustainable materials, innovative design and resource-efficient production to more efficient transport, energy-efficient sales and end-of-life product recycling.
Asics manufactures and supplies high functional running shoes and sportswear. Demanding, innovative and high-quality premium products for athletes, technological utmost modern sports shoes and sportswear for fitness and leisure, sport style and lifestyle products as well as accessories.
At Asics, every innovation, concept and idea is designed to produce the best product on the market
The history of the sports company Asics dates back to 1949, when Kihachiro Onitsuka started manufacturing basketball shoes in his living room in Kobe, Japan. In 1977, his products were finally introduced to the American market under the company name Asics. Till this day, the brand stands for a healthy and happy lifestyle, which is ensured by continuous innovation of the shoes and the clothing.
That's why the company founded a research institute for sports science in Kobe in 1990. Not only scientists, but also athletes and coaches work there on new ideas and concepts. For this purpose, more than 4,000 m2 of research area are available in Kobe. In addition to a 350 m running track and an indoor area for basketball and volleyball, there are numerous test rooms in which the movements of the human body are observed and analyzed in detail. This results, for example, in innovations in the field of water-repellent running apparel, new damping systems for running shoes and extremely durable and waterproof soles.
Asics is a popular brand among professional athletes
Among the company's many innovative running shoes, the Gel-Kayano and the Gel-Nimbus running shoes are particularly popular. The Asics Gel-Kayano is a long-time bestseller among runners with overpronation as it promises more stability and comfort over long distances. It is therefore ideally suited for your next marathon training but also for a relaxing run in the evening. The Asics Gel Nimbus, in turn, is made for road runners with a neutral pronation. This shoe is ideal for long distances as well and is characterized by excellent cushioning, optimal fit and high wearing comfort.
In addition to the well-known running shoes from Asics, the functional clothing of the brand is very popular with athletes as well. Asics’ MotionDry technology ensures optimal moisture management and releases moisture from the skin to the outside. Their MotionProtect technology makes the running clothes water- and windproof – no more excuses on rainy days. The soft stretch material offers a high wearing comfort and prevents skin irritation. Reflective details increase visibility in low light conditions.