The name Asics is derived from the Latin saying "Anima Sana in Corpore Sano". Translated, it means "a sound mind in a sound body".
- - 45 %AsicsUpcourt™ 3 Indoor Sport Shoes Peacoat / Pink Cameo Women54,95 €29,95 €
- - 64 %AsicsUpcourt 3 Indoor Sport Shoes Laser Pink Women54,95 €19,95 €
- - 64 %AsicsUpcourt 3 Indoor Sport Shoes White / Pink Women54,95 €19,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Trabuco 9 Running Shoes Black / Blazing Coral Women139,95 €125,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Trabuco 9 G-TX Running Shoes Black / Pure Silver Women159,95 €143,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsTrabuco Max Running Shoes Black / Blazing Coral Women159,95 €143,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGEL-Trabuco 9 Running Shoes Monaco Blue / Clear Blue Men139,95 €125,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsTrabuco Max Running Shoes Monaco Blue / Black Men159,95 €143,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Fujitrabuco Sky Running Shoes Sunflower / Monaco Blue Men149,95 €134,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGEL-Trabuco 9 G-TX Running Shoes Black / Pure Silver Men159,95 €143,95 €
- newAsicsGel-Rocket 10 Indoor Sport Shoes White / Sunrise Red Women64,95 €
- newAsicsUpcourt 4 Indoor Sport Shoes Lapis Lazuli Blue / Blaz Coral Women54,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Kayano 28 Lite-Show Running Shoes Black / Pure Silver Men189,95 €170,95 €
- - 14 %newAsicsGel-Cumulus 23 MK Running Shoes Storm Blue / Thunder Blue Women139,95 €119,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Kayano 28 Running Shoes Piedmont Grey / Thunder Blue Men179,95 €161,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGT-1000 9 G-TX Running Shoes Black / Black Women129,95 €116,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Kayano 28 Lite-Show Running Shoes Carrier Grey / Pure Silver Women189,95 €170,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGT-2000 9 Running Shoes Thunder Blue / Storm Blue Women139,95 €125,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Cumulus 23 G-TX Running Shoes Carrier Grey / Black Women159,95 €143,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Kayano 28 Running Shoes White / Thunder Blue Women179,95 €161,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Kayano 28 Running Shoes French Blue / Electric Blue Men179,95 €161,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Cumulus 23 Running Shoes Black / White Women139,95 €125,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Cumulus 23 Running Shoes Piedmont Grey / White Men139,95 €125,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Kayano 28 Running Shoes French Blue / Thunder Blue Women179,95 €161,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGT-2000 9 Running Shoes Metropolis / Pure Silver Men139,95 €125,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGT-1000 9 G-TX Running Shoes Black / Black Men129,95 €116,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsNovablast 2 Running Shoes Glacier Grey / Thunder Blue Men139,95 €125,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGEL-Nimbus 23 Lite-Show Running Shoes Carrier Grey / Pure Silver Men189,95 €170,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Cumulus 23 G-TX Running Shoes Black / Sheet Rock Men159,95 €143,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Cumulus 23 Running Shoes White / Grey Floss Women139,95 €125,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsNovablast 2 Running Shoes Thunder Blue / Soft Sky Women139,95 €125,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Nimbus 23 Lite-Show Running Shoes Black / Pure Silver Women189,95 €170,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Nimbus 23 Running Shoes Black / Pure Silver Women179,95 €161,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Kinsei Blast Running Shoes Black / Glow Yellow Men199,95 €179,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Nimbus 23 Running Shoes Mist / Blazing Coral Women179,95 €161,95 €
- - 10 %newAsicsGel-Cumulus 23 AWL Running Shoes French Blue / Safety Yellow Men149,95 €134,95 €
Why is Asics a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
The sports brand founded in Japan has committed to sustainable materials, environmentally friendly energy and the goal of reducing its own carbon emissions to zero by 2050. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, Asics stands out in the following ways:
- The company is committed to accountability throughout the supply chain
- It prides itself on ecologically friendly, resource-saving production
- Asics constantly drives improvements in working conditions at its production sites
Positive effects of exercise
The acronym “Asics” is derived from “Anima Sana in Corpore Sano” and translates as: “a sound mind in a sound body.” The company is convinced that a healthy planet is equally important for a healthy mind and body. When Kihachiro Onitsuka founded the company in 1949, his vision was to provide young people with a direction and strength in life through sports and fitness. Over the years, this idea has evolved into a comprehensive corporate social philosophy. Today this philosophy also includes activities relating to environmental protection in addition to the social aspects, such as donations, disaster relief and fostering a healthier lifestyle. Asics' sustainability efforts involve the entire value chain: from the selection of sustainable materials, innovative design and resource-efficient production to more efficient transport, energy-efficient sales and end-of-life product recycling.
Asics manufactures and supplies high functional running shoes and sportswear. Demanding, innovative and high-quality premium products for athletes, technological utmost modern sports shoes and sportswear for fitness and leisure, sport style and lifestyle products as well as accessories.
At Asics, every innovation, concept and idea is designed to produce the best product on the market
The history of the sports company Asics dates back to 1949, when Kihachiro Onitsuka started manufacturing basketball shoes in his living room in Kobe, Japan. In 1977, his products were finally introduced to the American market under the company name Asics. Till this day, the brand stands for a healthy and happy lifestyle, which is ensured by continuous innovation of the shoes and the clothing.
That's why the company founded a research institute for sports science in Kobe in 1990. Not only scientists, but also athletes and coaches work there on new ideas and concepts. For this purpose, more than 4,000 m2 of research area are available in Kobe. In addition to a 350 m running track and an indoor area for basketball and volleyball, there are numerous test rooms in which the movements of the human body are observed and analyzed in detail. This results, for example, in innovations in the field of water-repellent running apparel, new damping systems for running shoes and extremely durable and waterproof soles.
Asics is a popular brand among professional athletes
Among the company's many innovative running shoes, the Gel-Kayano and the Gel-Nimbus running shoes are particularly popular. The Asics Gel-Kayano is a long-time bestseller among runners with overpronation as it promises more stability and comfort over long distances. It is therefore ideally suited for your next marathon training but also for a relaxing run in the evening. The Asics Gel Nimbus, in turn, is made for road runners with a neutral pronation. This shoe is ideal for long distances as well and is characterized by excellent cushioning, optimal fit and high wearing comfort.
In addition to the well-known running shoes from Asics, the functional clothing of the brand is very popular with athletes as well. Asics’ MotionDry technology ensures optimal moisture management and releases moisture from the skin to the outside. Their MotionProtect technology makes the running clothes water- and windproof – no more excuses on rainy days. The soft stretch material offers a high wearing comfort and prevents skin irritation. Reflective details increase visibility in low light conditions.