- - 50 %OrtovoxMandrea Tights Pacific Green WomenMSRP 149,95 €74,95 €
- - 50 %OrtovoxPala Pants Mountain Rose WomenMSRP 189,95 €94,95 €
- - 50 %OrtovoxPala Pants Sly Fox MenMSRP 189,95 €94,95 €
- newOrtovoxBadger Avalanche Shovel Safety Blue49,95 €
- - 11 %newOrtovoxAlu 240 Probe SilverMSRP 44,95 €39,95 €
- - 8 %newOrtovoxAlu 240 PFA Probe SilverMSRP 64,95 €59,95 €
- newOrtovoxAscent 30 Avabag Avalanche Backpack (Cartridge) excl. Cartr. Black / Anthracite749,95 €
- newOrtovoxRoll Doc Mid First Aid Kit Shocking Orange34,95 €
- newOrtovoxCarbon 240 Superlight Probe Black99,95 €
- newOrtovoxRoll Doc Mini First Aid Kit Shocking Orange29,95 €
- newOrtovoxDiract Voice Tracker Beacon Blue Ocean359,95 €
- newOrtovoxAscent 40 Avabag Avalanche Backpack (Cartridge) excl. Cartr. Safety Blue769,95 €
- newOrtovoxRoll Doc First Aid Kit Shocking Orange44,95 €
- newOrtovoxLogo Suspenders Grey Blend39,95 €
- newOrtovoxAscent 40 Avabag Avalanche Backpack (Cartridge) excl. Cartr. Black / Anthracite769,95 €
- newOrtovoxAscent 30 Avabag Avalanche Backpack (Cartridge) excl. Cartr. Safety Blue749,95 €
- - 9 %newOrtovoxPeak 35 Backpack Night BlueMSRP 219,95 €199,95 €
- - 10 %newOrtovoxBivy Pro Bivy Bag Shocking OrangeMSRP 99,95 €89,95 €
- newOrtovox120 Comp Light Short Baselayer Pants Black Raven Men69,95 €
- newOrtovoxRock’n’Wool Liner Gloves Black Raven Women29,95 €
- newOrtovoxAscent 28 S Avabag Avalanche Backpack (Cartridge) excl. Cartr. Black / Anthracite749,95 €
- newOrtovoxWaterproof Mini First Aid Kit Shocking Orange34,95 €
- newOrtovox120 Comp Light Boxer Baselayer Shorts Black Raven Men39,95 €
- newOrtovoxDiract Voice Tracker-Set (Beacon + Shovel Probe) Diverse419,95 €
- newOrtovox185 Rock’n’Wool Sports-Bra Ice Waterfall Women49,95 €
- newOrtovox185 Rock’n’Wool Boxer Baselayer Shorts Just Blue Men49,95 €
- - 8 %newOrtovoxPeak 45 Backpack Black RavenMSRP 239,95 €219,95 €
- - 8 %newOrtovoxTraverse 20 Backpack Black RavenMSRP 119,95 €109,95 €
- - 8 %newOrtovoxTraverse 20 Backpack Green PineMSRP 119,95 €109,95 €
- newOrtovoxRock’n’Wool Liner Gloves Black Raven Men29,95 €
- newOrtovoxMèdola Regular Pants Black Raven Women349,95 €
- - 8 %newOrtovoxBivy Single Bivy Bag Shocking OrangeMSRP 64,95 €59,95 €
- newOrtovoxBacun Regular Pants Black Raven Men349,95 €
- newOrtovoxTraverse 18 S Backpack Dark Navy119,95 €
- newOrtovoxAscent 38 S Avabag Avalanche Backpack (Cartridge) excl. Cartr. Black / Anthracite769,95 €
- - 18 %newOrtovoxTrace 20 Backpack Black Anthracite MenMSRP 109,95 €89,95 €
Why is Ortovox a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
The company from the south of Munich produces emergency equipment, backpacks and functional clothing from and with sustainable wool and other innovative materials. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, Ortovox is characterised above all by the following points:
- The company is committed to responsibility throughout the supply chain
- Ortovox demonstrably promotes fair working conditions for workers
- Ortovox is a member of the Fair Wear Foundation. Status: Leader
- The company is actively committed to animal welfare and environmental protection and supports environmental projects
Ortovox: Outdoor equipment for generations
The top maxim: Protection - in terms of products that protect in the terrain and in dangerous alpine situations, and also in terms of people and nature. With its sustainability strategy ProtACT24, the safety pioneer sets itself high goals based on six core values: Wool Expert, Friendship, Alpine Origin, Mountaineering, Safety Pioneer and Function Driven. By 2024, only wool certified with the Ortovox Wool Promise will be used - this wool guarantees that the highest animal welfare standards are met during extraction. Ortovox promotes fair and responsible dealings with all stakeholders involved in the supply chain, as well as the preservation of the environment such as the Tarkine rainforest in northwest Tasmania. Ortovox's goal is to become carbon neutral as a company. Innovative equipment, but also the extensive training measures of the Safety Academy with its practical courses as well as digital training tools contribute every day to making mountain sports a little safer and saving lives.
Swisswool and Merino Cool are known by mountaineers and freeriders to be part of the Ortovox quality. What is more, the products have a fresh and colourful design, loved by men and women. Proving that design and functionality can indeed go hand in hand.
Merino and swisswool are what count in Ortovox’s clothing
This brand’s clothing collection hold everything you might need as a rider: Head bands, beanies, socks, merino baselayers, warming 1st and 2nd layer fleece, jackets, pants and gloves. Wool plays a central role here. Already in 1988, Ortovox put their trust in this natural product and due to a couple of innovative ideas, they managed to make themselves experts and wool sure got back its popularity. Revolutionizing concepts and Ortovox own philosophy have guided the brand to its position in the clothing market.
For example, the well known Ortovox Swisswool collection is made of wool from sheep of the Swiss alps. Regionality and natural climate are what make this resource so special and form the basis of modern alpine equipment. Another classic is the merino collection Rock’n’Wool. High-quality merino wool from Tasmania is used for insulation clothing such as fleece, hoodies and first layers such as shirts and baselayer pants.
Especially important to the brand is sustainable production, ecological standards and fair treatment of workers. That is why Ortovox, since 2015, is a member of the Fair Wear Foundation, which guarantees fair working conditions for suppliers. That is also why Ortovox gives a 2-year warranty on all their clothing.
Ortovox & avalanche safety: Over 40 years of experience
It all started with the success of Ortovox in the 80’s in avalanche safety equipment. Gerald Kampels and Jürgen Wegners made the tracker beacon Orotvox F2 a market leader. And of course, shovels and probes were added to the brand. The next step was innovative backpacks, focusing on the needs of mountaineers. When freeriders came along, these backpacks were further developed and specified.
And again – functionality was key. Because the qualitative and clean design makes these backpacks so special. This also accounts for the newest addition: The Ortovox Avabag avalanche backpack. It is quite a bit lighter than the competition while still being easy in handling and still offering the same reliable safety standard. By further developing and enlarging their product portfolio, Ortovox now offers everything a freerider or mountaineer might wish for!
© by Hansi Heckmair