At Ortovox, everything revolves around protection. Protection on the mountain through innovative products and knowledge transfer - protection of nature through socially and ecologically sustainable action.
- - 5 %newOrtovoxWestalpen 3L Hardshell Jacket Coral WomenMSRP 619,95 €588,95 €Available Sizes:XSSML
- - 10 %newOrtovox150 Essential Sports-Bra Ice Waterfall WomenMSRP 64,95 €58,45 €Available Sizes:XSSML
- - 5 %newOrtovox185 Merino Square T-Shirt Bloom WomenMSRP 99,95 €94,95 €Available Sizes:XSSMLXL
- - 5 %newOrtovox3L Ravine Ski Pants Autumn Leaves WomenMSRP 499,95 €474,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 5 %newOrtovox150 Essential Top Baselayer Shortsleeve Grey Blend WomenMSRP 69,95 €66,45 €Available Sizes:XSSML
- - 5 %newOrtovoxCol Becchei Vest Coral WomenMSRP 249,95 €237,45 €Available Sizes:XSSML
- - 5 %newOrtovox185 Rock'n'Wool Boxer Baselayer Shorts Arctic Grey MenMSRP 59,95 €56,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- - 10 %newOrtovoxWestalpen Swisswool Insulation Jacket Pacific Green MenMSRP 349,95 €314,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 5 %newOrtovoxCol Becchei Softshell Pants Black Raven MenMSRP 319,95 €303,95 €Available Sizes:SMLXL
- - 17 %newOrtovoxPeak 38 S Dry Backpack Blue LakeMSRP 289,95 €239,95 €One size
- - 11 %newOrtovoxFree Rider 22 Backpack Petrol BlueMSRP 179,95 €159,95 €One size
- - 13 %newOrtovoxTraverse Light 20 Backpack FlintstoneMSRP 149,95 €129,95 €One size
- - 17 %newOrtovoxPeak Light 38 S Backpack Black RavenMSRP 239,95 €199,95 €One size
- - 13 %newOrtovoxTraverse 30 Backpack Pacific GreenMSRP 159,95 €139,95 €One size
- - 16 %newOrtovoxTraverse 40 Backpack Petrol BlueMSRP 189,95 €159,95 €One size
- - 16 %newOrtovoxTraverse 38 S Backpack Clay OrangeMSRP 189,95 €159,95 €One size
- - 13 %newOrtovoxTraverse 30 Backpack Dirty DaisyMSRP 159,95 €139,95 €One size
- - 17 %newOrtovoxPeak 38 S Dry Backpack Dirty DaisyMSRP 289,95 €239,95 €One size
- - 16 %newOrtovoxTraverse 40 Backpack Black RavenMSRP 189,95 €159,95 €One size
- - 15 %newOrtovoxRavine 28 Backpack Hot OrangeMSRP 199,95 €169,95 €One size
- - 11 %newOrtovoxFree Rider 22 Backpack Black RavenMSRP 179,95 €159,95 €One size
- - 13 %newOrtovoxTraverse 28 S Backpack Heritage BlueMSRP 159,95 €139,95 €One size
- - 11 %newOrtovoxFree Rider 22 Backpack Hot OrangeMSRP 179,95 €159,95 €One size
- - 17 %newOrtovoxPeak Light 40 Backpack Dark PacificMSRP 239,95 €199,95 €One size
- - 23 %newOrtovoxRavine 32 S Backpack WinetastingMSRP 219,95 €169,95 €One size
- - 14 %newOrtovoxTraverse Light 15 Backpack Petrol BlueMSRP 139,95 €119,95 €One size
- - 25 %newOrtovoxTrad 28 S Dry Backpack Black SteelMSRP 199,95 €149,95 €One size
- - 17 %newOrtovoxPeak Light 40 Backpack Heritage BlueMSRP 239,95 €199,95 €One size
- - 18 %newOrtovoxRavine 34 Backpack Arctic GreyMSRP 219,95 €179,95 €Available Sizes:34
- - 20 %newOrtovoxFree Rider 26 S Backpack Mountain RoseMSRP 199,95 €159,95 €Available Sizes:26
- - 20 %newOrtovoxFree Rider 26 S Backpack Arctic GreyMSRP 199,95 €159,95 €Available Sizes:26
- - 20 %newOrtovoxRavine 26 S Backpack WinetastingMSRP 199,95 €159,95 €Available Sizes:26
- - 20 %newOrtovoxRavine 26 S Backpack Arctic GreyMSRP 199,95 €159,95 €Available Sizes:26
- - 18 %newOrtovoxRavine 34 Backpack Hot OrangeMSRP 219,95 €179,95 €Available Sizes:34
- - 5 %newOrtovoxSwisswool Piz Boè Insulation Shorts Black Raven MenMSRP 179,95 €170,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 16 %newOrtovoxHaute Route 30 S Backpack Mountain RoseMSRP 189,95 €159,95 €One size
- - 16 %newOrtovoxPeak 45 Backpack Dark PacificMSRP 249,95 €209,95 €One size
- - 20 %newOrtovoxHaute Route 40 Backpack Petrol BlueMSRP 199,95 €159,95 €One size
- - 13 %newOrtovoxTour Rider 28 S Backpack Pacific GreenMSRP 149,95 €129,95 €One size
- - 18 %newOrtovoxPeak Light 30 S Backpack Dark PacificMSRP 219,95 €179,95 €One size
- - 17 %newOrtovoxPeak 35 Backpack WinetastingMSRP 239,95 €199,95 €One size
- - 16 %newOrtovoxPeak 42 S Backpack WinetastingMSRP 249,95 €209,95 €One size
- - 13 %newOrtovoxTour Rider 28 S Backpack Black RavenMSRP 149,95 €129,95 €One size
- - 16 %newOrtovoxPeak 45 Backpack Dirty DaisyMSRP 249,95 €209,95 €One size
- - 16 %newOrtovoxHaute Route 30 S Backpack Pacific GreenMSRP 189,95 €159,95 €One size
- - 23 %newOrtovoxPeak Light 32 Backpack Dirty DaisyMSRP 219,95 €169,95 €One size
- - 16 %newOrtovoxPeak 42 S Backpack Heritage BlueMSRP 249,95 €209,95 €One size
- - 13 %newOrtovoxTour Rider 30 Backpack Dirty DaisyMSRP 149,95 €129,95 €One size
- - 19 %newOrtovoxPeak 55 Backpack Black RavenMSRP 259,95 €209,95 €One size
- - 19 %newOrtovoxPeak 52 S Backpack Dark PacificMSRP 259,95 €209,95 €One size
- - 18 %newOrtovoxPeak Light 32 Backpack Black RavenMSRP 219,95 €179,95 €One size
- - 11 %newOrtovoxHaute Route 32 Backpack Black SteelMSRP 189,95 €169,95 €One size
- - 17 %newOrtovoxPeak Light 38 S Backpack Dirty DaisyMSRP 239,95 €199,95 €One size
- - 15 %newOrtovoxCross Rider 22 Backpack Desert OrangeMSRP 129,95 €109,95 €One size
- - 18 %newOrtovoxPeak Light 30 S Backpack WinetastingMSRP 219,95 €179,95 €One size
- - 10 %newOrtovoxTour Rider 30 Backpack Black RavenMSRP 149,95 €134,95 €One size
- - 11 %newOrtovoxFree Rider 20 S Backpack Mountain RoseMSRP 179,95 €159,95 €One size
- - 11 %newOrtovoxTraverse 40 Backpack Clay OrangeMSRP 189,95 €169,95 €One size
- - 25 %newOrtovoxTrad 30 Dry Backpack Blue LakeMSRP 199,95 €149,95 €One size
- - 15 %newOrtovoxTraverse 20 Backpack Mountain RoseMSRP 129,95 €109,95 €One size
- - 13 %newOrtovoxTraverse 28 S Backpack Mountain RoseMSRP 159,95 €139,95 €One size
- - 20 %newOrtovoxRavine 28 Backpack Arctic GreyMSRP 199,95 €159,95 €One size
- - 10 %newOrtovoxAvabag Litric Freeride 18 Avalanche Backpack (Electronic) Black RavenMSRP 1129,95 €1019,95 €One size
- - 14 %newOrtovoxBivy Single Bivy Bag Shocking OrangeMSRP 69,95 €59,95 €One size
- - 26 %newOrtovoxTrad 35 Backpack Desert OrangeMSRP 174,95 €129,95 €One size
- - 18 %newOrtovoxPowder Rider 16 Backpack Pacific GreenMSRP 109,95 €89,95 €One size
- - 10 %newOrtovoxZip Fleece Jacket Black Raven WomenMSRP 219,95 €197,95 €Available Sizes:XSSMLXL
- - 10 %newOrtovox120 Comp Light Baselayer Shortsleeve Winetasting WomenMSRP 79,95 €71,95 €Available Sizes:XSSMLXL
- - 5 %newOrtovox120 Comp Light Baselayer Longsleeve Winetasting WomenMSRP 99,95 €94,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 5 %newOrtovoxCol Becchei Softshell Pants Petrol Blue MenMSRP 319,95 €303,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL
- - 10 %newOrtovoxAvabag Litric Tour 30 Avalanche Backpack (Electronic) Dirty DaisyMSRP 1149,95 €1039,95 €One size
- - 10 %newOrtovoxHoody Fleece Jacket Arctic Grey MenMSRP 229,95 €206,95 €Available Sizes:MLXL2XL
Why is Ortovox a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
The company from the south of Munich produces emergency equipment, backpacks and functional clothing from and with sustainable wool and other innovative materials. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, Ortovox is characterised above all by the following points:
- The company is committed to responsibility throughout the supply chain
- Ortovox demonstrably promotes fair working conditions for workers
- Ortovox is a member of the Fair Wear Foundation. Status: Leader
- The company is actively committed to animal welfare and environmental protection and supports environmental projects
Ortovox: Outdoor equipment for generations
The top maxim: Protection - in terms of products that protect in the terrain and in dangerous alpine situations, and also in terms of people and nature. With its sustainability strategy ProtACT24, the safety pioneer sets itself high goals based on six core values: Wool Expert, Friendship, Alpine Origin, Mountaineering, Safety Pioneer and Function Driven. By 2024, only wool certified with the Ortovox Wool Promise will be used - this wool guarantees that the highest animal welfare standards are met during extraction.
Ortovox promotes fair and responsible dealings with all stakeholders involved in the supply chain, as well as the preservation of the environment such as the Tarkine rainforest in the northwest of Tasmania. Ortovox has already achieved its goal of becoming carbon neutral for the 2023 summer season - even one year earlier than panned! Innovative equipment, but also the extensive training measurs of the Safety Academy with its practical courses as well as digital training tools contribute every day to making mountain sport a little saver and saving lives.
Merino and swisswool are what count in Ortovox’s clothing
Swisswool and Merino Cool are known by mountaineers and freeriders to be part of the Ortovox quality. What is more, the products have a fresh and colourful design, loved by men and women. Proving that design and functionality can indeed go hand in hand. This brand’s clothing collection hold everything you might need as a rider: Head bands, beanies, socks, merino baselayers, warming 1st and 2nd layer fleece, jackets, pants and gloves. Wool plays a central role for the company. Already in 1988, Ortovox put their trust in this natural product and due to a couple of innovative ideas, they managed to make themselves experts and wool sure got back its popularity. The result of this developent are revolutionary concept and a philisophy all of its own, which have earned Ortovox an outstanding position in the market for ski and mountain spors clothing.
For the now famous Ortovox Swisswool collection, for example, wool fibers from mountain sheep from the swiss Alps are used. The regional origin and the natural climate are what makes this resource so special and from the basis of modern alpine equipment. Another classic is the merino collection Rock'n'Wool. High quality merino wool from Tasmania is used for insulation clothing such as fleece, hoodies and first layers such as shirts and baselayer pants
Especially important to the brand is sustainable production, ecological standards and fair treatment of workers. That is why Ortovox, since 2015, is a member of the Fair Wear Foundation, which guarantees fair working conditions for suppliers. That is also why Ortovox gives a 2-year warranty on all their clothing.
Ortovox & avalanche safety: Over 40 years of experience
It all started with the success of Ortovox in the 80’s in avalanche safety equipment. Gerald Kampels and Jürgen Wegners made the tracker beacon Orotvox F2 a market leader. And of course, shovels and probes were added to the brand. The next step was innovative backpacks, focusing on the needs of mountaineers. When freeriders came along, these backpacks were further developed and specified.
And again – functionality was key. Because the qualitative and clean design makes these backpacks so special. This also accounts for the newest addition: The Ortovox Avabag avalanche backpack. It is quite a bit lighter than the competition while still being easy in handling and still offering the same reliable safety standard. By further developing and enlarging their product portfolio, Ortovox now offers everything a freerider or mountaineer might wish for!
Products with Storage Space: Backpacks for every mountain
In addtitoin to the numerous categories of functional clothing, the Ortovox brand also sets new standards in backpacks. Ortovox backpacks are characterized by high quality, funcionality and robust construction. They are usually made of materials such as nylon or polyester, which are both water-repellent and abrasion-resistant. In addition, Ortovox backpacks are ergonomically designed to ensure a high level comfort. Padded shoulder straps and a ventilated back system provide good support and ventilation. Some backpacks use wool on contact surfces such as the back, shoulder straps and hip belts. The wool provides optimal climate regulation and comfort.
© by Hansi Heckmair
Thanks to various compartments and pockets, the equipment is always well organized. There is often a seperate hydration bladder compartment, side mesh pockets for water bottles and a main compartment for larger items. Some Ortovox backpacks are equipped with innovative carrying systems such as the O-Flex 2 back System, which provides excellent load distribution and flexibility. Particularly popular are the Ortovox Peak models for alpine activities, Ortovox Free Rider for Skiers and snowboarders and Ortovox Traverse backpacks for hiking and trekking tours. All backpacks are of the highest quality and availabe at a fair price.
Ortovox Safety Academy: Climbing and Avalanche Courses for more safety
Whether deep snow in winter or steep rock faces in summer. For ambitious climbers to move safely in the mountains, they need sufficient experience and knowledge. Only good planning combined with the necessary knowledge enables safe tours. Ortovox imparts this and another know-how for your own safety and the safety of others in its own Safety Academy.
In various courses, professional mountain guides prepare participants intensively for their future tours, focusing on everything to do with tour planning, belaying techniques, rappelling and knots, and belaystation consruction. The Ortovox Safety Adcademy, with its avalanche courses, is also considered one of the world's largest training initiatives in mountain sports. In the approximatly 35 mountain schools, beginners and advanced climbers can get their money's worth in climbing courses.
Images: ©Hansi Heckmair / Max Draeger for Ortovox