- - 10 %newRome SnowboardsUprise 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 599,95 €539,95 €Available Sizes:153162165
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsSolution Wide 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 979,95 €881,95 €Available Sizes:159162165169
- - 19 %newK2 SnowboardingFreeloader (incl. Skins + Pucks) 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 1349,95 €1087,96 €Available Sizes:147151156159162
- - 39 %newRideSplitpig 21/22 Splitboard Set (Splitboard, Skins, Pucks)MSRP 1149,95 €699,95 €Available Sizes:148
- - 10 %newNitroVertical 22/23 Splitboard MenMSRP 1199,90 €1079,90 €Available Sizes:158
- - 19 %newK2 SnowboardingFreeloader Wide (incl. Skins + Pucks) 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 1349,95 €1087,96 €Available Sizes:158163166
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsFrontier 22/23 Splitboard BlackMSRP 799,95 €719,95 €Available Sizes:156159162
- - 10 %newNitroSquash 22/23 Splitboard MenMSRP 659,90 €593,90 €Available Sizes:152159163
- - 10 %newNitroDoppelgänger SplitboardMSRP 799,90 €719,90 €Available Sizes:148152156160164
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsSolution 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 979,95 €881,95 €Available Sizes:154158161164167
- - 13 %newK2 SnowboardingSplit Bean 21/22 SplitboardMSRP 849,95 €739,95 €Available Sizes:144
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsStratos 22/23 Splitboard BlackMSRP 949,95 €854,95 €Available Sizes:156159
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsSolution 22/23 Splitboard WomenMSRP 979,95 €881,95 €Available Sizes:146149152155
- - 10 %newNitroVolta 22/23 Splitboard WomenMSRP 569,90 €512,90 €Available Sizes:145151
- - 10 %newNitroTeam 22/23 Splitboard MenMSRP 629,90 €566,90 €Available Sizes:156159162
- - 10 %newCapitaNeo Slasher 22/23 Splitboard MenMSRP 799,95 €719,95 €Available Sizes:154158
- - 10 %newNitroSquash 22/23 Splitboard WomenMSRP 659,90 €593,90 €Available Sizes:148
- - 10 %newArborCoda Camber 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 1079,95 €971,95 €Available Sizes:158161164
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsUltracraft 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 1699,95 €1529,95 €Available Sizes:156
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsMind Expander 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 929,95 €836,95 €Available Sizes:154
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsHovercraft 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 899,95 €809,95 €Available Sizes:156160
- - 10 %newNitroSlash 22/23 Splitboard MenMSRP 669,90 €602,90 €Available Sizes:156162
- - 10 %newArborLandmark Camber 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 899,95 €809,95 €Available Sizes:152155158161
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsFrontier Wide 22/23 Splitboard BlackMSRP 799,95 €719,95 €Available Sizes:158161164
- - 11 %newGNUBarrett 22/23 Splitboard WomenMSRP 899,95 €799,95 €Available Sizes:149
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsUltra Stratos 22/23 Splitboard BlackMSRP 1699,95 €1529,95 €Available Sizes:156159
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsDream Weaver 22/23 Splitboard WomenMSRP 799,95 €719,95 €Available Sizes:142145148151154
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsSolution 22/23 Splitboard KidsMSRP 599,95 €539,95 €Available Sizes:137142147
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsUltra Solution Wide 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 1599,95 €1439,95 €Available Sizes:162165
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsUltra Stratos Wide 22/23 Splitboard BlackMSRP 1699,95 €1529,95 €Available Sizes:161
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsMountain Twin 22/23 Splitboard BlackMSRP 849,95 €764,95 €Available Sizes:157160
- - 10 %newArborVeda 22/23 Splitboard WomenMSRP 1079,95 €971,95 €Available Sizes:152156
- - 10 %newArborLandmark Camber W 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 899,95 €809,95 €Available Sizes:164
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsMountain Twin Wide 22/23 Splitboard BlackMSRP 849,95 €764,95 €Available Sizes:159
- - 10 %newArborCoda Camber W 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 1079,95 €971,95 €Available Sizes:162
- - 10 %newArborSatori 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 1119,95 €1007,95 €Available Sizes:151154157
- - 10 %newLib TechBRD 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 999,95 €899,95 €Available Sizes:151
- - 10 %newUnionRover 22/23 Splitboard BlackMSRP 399,95 €359,95 €Available Sizes:100
- - 10 %newBurtonFamily Tree Hometown Hero 22/23 Splitboard MenMSRP 899,95 €809,95 €Available Sizes:158162
- - 10 %newNitroNomad Splitboard MenMSRP 569,90 €512,90 €Available Sizes:156161165
- - 10 %newGNUBanked Country 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 949,95 €854,95 €Available Sizes:155159162
- - 10 %newUnionRover 85 22/23 Splitboard BlackMSRP 399,95 €359,95 €Available Sizes:85
- - 10 %newLib TechOrca 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 1199,95 €1079,95 €Available Sizes:156
- - 10 %newJones SnowboardsUltra Solution 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 1599,95 €1439,95 €Available Sizes:158161
- - 40 %CapitaNeo Slasher 21/22 Splitboard Black / WhiteMSRP 769,95 €461,95 €Available Sizes:161
- - 15 %K2 SnowboardingMarauder 22/23 SplitboardMSRP 1024,95 €871,20 €Available Sizes:151156
- - 42 %NitroMinigänger 21/22 Splitboard KidsMSRP 599,90 €349,95 €Available Sizes:132
- - 41 %NitroTested product Minigänger (Incl. Skins + Pucks) 21/22 Splitboard KidsMSRP 844,95 €499,95 €Available Sizes:132
ROCKER OR CAMBER – WHO ARE THEY AND WHAT DO THEY DO TO MY SPLITBOARD?
This is all about the construction of your splitboard, as known from regular snowboards or skis:
Camber means that contact points with the snow are in the back and front of the board, while the mid area stays above the ground as long as there is no pressure on it. When putting weight on, it will bend and contact the snow along the entire edge. This is how most boards are built and leads to stability in all conditions.
Rocker is the opposite. These boards are more playful and the rocker gives you additional float in powder. The rocker can be positioned in the middle, which is called a full rocker, or it can also be a tip & tail or just a tip rocker. Whatever suits you best!
Hybrid constructions are becoming more and more popular. As the name already tells, these boards combine rocker and camber, leading to great stability of the edges when going uphill and at the same time great float when boarding back down.
Another important factor in choosing your splitboard is its shape. Freestyle boarders will choose twin-shapes, making a playground out of the powder – and the longer the board, the more float. The freeride shape has a directional shape and a stronger flex. This gives more control and stability in rough conditions – as, unfortunately, we don’t always get great powder every day and you will often face harsh snow. Now to our women: Ladies’s shapes are boards designed specifically for women. They are adapted to the female body: generally thinner, a bit shorter, weighing less and being softer.
SPLITBOARD EQUIPMENT – BECAUSE THE BOARD IS NOT ALL YOU NEED
Along with the board, you also need a binding that fits you well and the interface going along with it. Interface refers to the connection between board and binding – without it, you just can't go splitboarding! Leading bindings manufacturers are Spark R&D and Karakoram. Both build both bindings and interfaces, making them of very robust, light-weight material. Easily, you can switch between hike and ride mode. For Spark bindings, you further need so-called pucks to switch modes. Then there are heel lockers, which fix your heel during the ascent, which makes it possible to skate like on skis with your board during flat parts. But be careful: even with a heel locker, the binding is not built to ski down!
In harsh, icy conditions, crampons are of great advantage. Due to their large width, splitboards are mostly not as stiff as skis. Meaning, if the ground is very icy, you might lose grip. This is when crampons, which are mounted by the bindings, come in play.
Next up: The splitboard boot. Generally, you could easily do your tour with a regular snowboard boot, however, splitboard ones do have some advantages that are crucial. The boot is stiffer, which is needed in the ascent and when traversing, when a certain degree of stability is needed. Furthermore, does the sole give you more grip because it has a better profile and its stiffness allows ascents without your board in extremely steep or rocky conditions.
Another important piece of gear are your poles. When ascending, you need telescope poles. These can then be shortened and put into your backpack when heading back down.
Last but certainly not least: splitboard skins. Without these, you might as well stay home. Climbing skins are made of either mohair or synthetic materials. Most splitboards have pre-cut skins, that fit them perfectly. But there are also skins to cut yourself – to make them fit your board.
Most brands also offer complete splitboard sets. Here, bindings and skins are included in the package – making it cheaper in total!
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT FOR YOUR SPLITBOARD TOUR
As always – safety first! Before heading into the backcountry, going splitboarding, you need to get yourself proper avalanche safety equipment. Next to avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel, you also might want an avalanche backpack, a helmet and a back protector. Furthermore, alpine know-how is crucial! For this, we at Sport Conrad do regular events with trainings and presentations – because you can never be well enough prepared!