The mountain sports specialist boasts an extensive selection of top quality, durable products for alpine adventures with a minimal footprint.
- - 28 %newSalewaWinter Train 22 BP Backpack Black Women124,95 €89,95 €
- - 13 %newSalewaPTX I Bivy Bag Red / Anthrazite79,95 €69,95 €
- - 13 %newSalewaStorm I Bivy Bag Red / Anthracite39,95 €34,95 €
- - 27 %newSalewaPTX II Bivy Bag Red / Anthracite109,95 €79,95 €
- - 20 %newSalewaSella 3L Powertex Responsive Hardshell Jacket Oatmeal Women499,95 €399,95 €
- - 10 %newSalewaPuez Aqua Powertex 2.5 Lagen Hardshell Jacket Mauvemood Women99,95 €89,95 €
- - 11 %newSalewaSella 2L Powertex TirolWool Responsive Hardshell Jacket Black Out Women449,95 €399,95 €
- newSalewaPuez Aqua Powertex 2.5 Layer Hardshell Jacket Oatmeal Women99,95 €
- - 27 %newSalewaRescue Bivy Bag Red / Silver149,95 €109,95 €
- - 10 %newSalewaSella Responisve Hardshell Jacket Red Orange Men399,95 €359,95 €
- newSalewaSesvenna Fold Back WS Gloves Black Out59,95 €
- - 10 %newSalewaScrew G2 HMS Carabiner Blue10,95 €9,85 €
- - 10 %newSalewaHMS Screw G2 HMS Carabiner Black10,95 €9,85 €
- newSalewaPuez Tirolwool Beanie Oatmeal29,95 €
- newSalewaPuez Beanie Bungee Cord29,95 €
- newSalewaPuez Wool Headband Bungee Cord24,95 €
- - 10 %newSalewaAlp Trainer 2 Mid GTX Hikingboots Raw Green / Pale Frog Men199,95 €179,95 €
- - 14 %newSalewaMTN Trainer Mid GTX Hiking and Trekking Shoes Magnet / Viridian Green Women219,95 €189,90 €
- - 10 %newSalewaAlp Trainer 2 Mid GTX Hikingboots Duck Green / Rhododendon Women199,95 €179,95 €
- - 10 %newSalewaWS MTN Trainer Lite Mid GTX Hiking and Trekking Boots Premium Navy / Blue Fog Women199,95 €179,95 €
- - 10 %newSalewaMountain Trainer Lite Mid GTX Hikingboots Black Out / Carrot Men199,95 €179,95 €
- - 10 %newSalewaAlpenrose 2 Mid GTX Hikingboots Atlantic Deep / Feld Green Women189,95 €170,95 €
- newSalewaLagorai Pants Navy Blazer Women159,95 €
- newSalewaComici Pants Black Out Women239,95 €
- - 10 %newSalewaSella Responsive Pants Black Out Men299,95 €269,95 €
- - 20 %newSalewaAlpinist Combi Crampons Steel / Blue99,95 €79,95 €
- newSalewaComici Short Pants Black Out Men239,95 €
- - 20 %newSalewaAlpinist Walk Crampons Steel / Blue99,95 €79,95 €
- newSalewaLagorai Pants Navy Blazer Men159,95 €
- newSalewaPuez Stormwall Pants Blue / Malta Kids99,95 €
- newSalewaPuez Stormwall Pants Violet / Parachute Kids99,95 €
- - 27 %newSalewaAlpinist Kombi Crampons Black / Yellow149,95 €109,95 €
- - 13 %newSalewaPuez Highloft Polarlite Fullzip Hoody Fleece Jacket Poseidon Kids79,95 €69,95 €
- - 10 %newSalewaFanes Sarner Down Hybrid Insulation Jacket Navy Blazer Men349,95 €314,95 €
- - 10 %newSalewaFanes Sarner Down Hybrid Insulation Jacket Oatmeal Women349,95 €314,95 €
- - 13 %newSalewaCrow GTX Mountaineering Boots Premium Navy / Ethernal Blue Women229,95 €199,90 €
Why is Salewa a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
Sustainability is an integral part of the corporate values and daily work of Salewa and the South Tyrolean Oberalp Group, which also includes brands such as Dynafit and Wild Country. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, Salewa stands out in the following ways:
- The company is committed to accountability throughout the supply chain.
- It is aware of the impact its operations have on the environment and systematically analyzes and prioritizes risks.
- Salewa promotes fair working conditions and has been awarded the Leader status of the Fair Wear Foundation.
Love of homeland, responsibility and innovation
"Sustainability is about how each of us does things – every day. Eight core elements provide orientation: passion, people, courage, responsibility, ethics, sweating together, innovation and future. In line with these, Salewa sells durable mountain sports products with a minimal environmental footprint and likewise supports and promotes the people who work for and with the company. Products are thus monitored and inspected from the start of the design process until they leave the warehouse. In addition, Salewa ensures that: only socially responsible and organic materials are used, the use of chemicals before and during production is strictly monitored, products have long shelf lives, product development is regional, product lines are managed efficiently and textile waste is kept to a minimum. Nevertheless, the company is aware that “we still have a long way to go, but we are getting better step by step. Sustainability is a decision we invest in because we believe in it."
SALEWA: QUALITATIVE ALL-ROUND SUPPLIER
The history of the Salewa brand goes back to the 1930s, when alpine mountain sports were in their infancy and many peaks were still unclimbed. The company was founded in 1935 by Josef Liebhart and was initially known as "Münchner Lederwarenfabrik". In the 50s the spirit of the company changed more and more in the direction of alpine sports.
As a manufacturer of alpine equipment, Salewa included Scandinavian cross-country skis or ski poles in its production and equipped expedition teams with the necessary alpine sports articles. Today Salewa is one of the most successful outdoor manufacturers internationally. The extensive product range for women, men and children includes various alpine mountaineering equipment such as climbing harnesses, crampons, shoes or climbing helmets, functional outdoor clothing and backpacks for hiking as well as a variety of equipment and accessories in the winter sports sector. Salewa also produces high-quality tents and sleeping bags, which are suitable for longer trekking tours or even for high alpine expeditions, depending on the project. Salewa Approach shoes are particularly popular, such as the Wildfire GTX, Firetail GTX and MTN Trainer models, the Alp Trainer Mid GTX hiking, trekking and mountain boots, as well as the pants, jackets, shorts, shirts, shirts and vests of the Puez and Fanes collections.
The company's success continues to be reflected in the creation of its own athletic squad, which represents the Salewa brand internationally and acts as an ambassador for a more respectful approach to mountain sports and nature. As new challenges in mountaineering are constantly emerging, the Salewa athlete team also changes from time to time. In 2009, for example, athletes from the new field of ski mountaineering (a technical sport in which previously unreachable peaks are climbed using ski and climbing equipment) were included for the first time.
The team consists mainly of alpinists, freeriders and paragliders. When Oberalp AG took over Salewa in 1990, the company moved its headquarters from Munich to Bolzano in South Tyrol, Italy. The new headquarters in Bozen was completed in 2011 and reflects the innovative and progressive corporate spirit with its modern concept and architecture in the form of a rock crystal. In addition to a logistics and distribution center, a flagship store and a climbing hall are also integrated into the overall concept of Salewa's new headquarters. With a climbing area of around 2,000m² and a height of 24m, this is the largest climbing hall in Italy and invites visitors to enjoy extensive climbing.
SALEWA FOCUSES ON SUSTAINABILITY
SALEWA BOSS HEINER OBERRAUCH: "AS A FAMILY BUSINESS, WE THINK IN GENERATIONS". Social responsibility and sustainability are an essential part of Salewa's corporate strategy. Respect for nature, saving resources and responsibility for people and society are written large by the outdoor company. In addition to the use of sustainable materials and technologies, such as RDS certified down, recycling and upcycling initiatives, material innovations and repair services, Salewa is particularly concerned with sustainable and ethical procurement and production standards. For this reason, Salewa is a member of the "Fair Wear Foundation", an independent non-profit organization that promotes fair working conditions in the textile industry. Salewa has earned our WIR DENKEN UM Label. It distinguishes companies that work in a particularly sustainable manner. If you want to learn more about the criteria of the label, please visit our blog.