The mountain sports specialist boasts an extensive selection of top quality, durable products for alpine adventures with a minimal footprint.
- - 17 %SalewaSteel VF 2 DST Glove Black30,00 €24,95 €
- - 10 %SalewaPedroc DST 2/1 Zip-Off Pants Myrtle Women149,95 €134,95 €
- - 33 %SalewaMTN Trainer 22 WS Backpack Grisaille / Blue Fog Women119,95 €79,95 €
- - 33 %SalewaApex Wall 32 Backpack Pumpkin149,95 €99,95 €
- - 10 %SalewaPedroc 3 DST Pants Feldspar Green Women109,95 €98,95 €
- - 40 %SalewaPuez Melange Dry T-Shirt Rose Red Melange Women29,95 €17,95 €
- - 18 %SalewaPTX II Bivy Bag Red / Anthracite109,95 €89,95 €
- - 10 %SalewaPedroc Light Durastretch Pants Flint Stone Women99,95 €89,95 €
- - 20 %SalewaAlpinist Walk Crampons Steel / Blue99,95 €79,95 €
- - 40 %SalewaDenali IV Tent Cactus / Grey299,95 €179,95 €
- - 38 %SalewaAtlas III Tent Cactus/Grey159,95 €99,95 €
- - 24 %SalewaLitetrek III Tent Lightgrey / Cactus329,95 €249,95 €
- - 11 %SalewaDenali III Tent Cactus / Grey279,95 €249,95 €
- - 25 %SalewaPuez Durastretch 3/4 Pants Black Out Women89,95 €67,45 €
- - 14 %SalewaErgo Belay Device Night69,95 €59,95 €
- - 25 %SalewaPura Climbing Helmet Blue59,95 €44,95 €
- - 36 %SalewaDropline Approach Shoes Blue Danube / Ombre Blue Men155,00 €99,90 €
- - 20 %newSalewaMTN Trainer 2L Approach Shoes Smoked / Fluo Green Men179,95 €143,95 €
- - 20 %newSalewaMTN Trainer Lite GTX Approach Shoes Myrte / Ombre Blue Men159,95 €127,95 €
- - 41 %SalewaMTN Trainer 2 Approach Shoes Black/Black Men170,00 €99,90 €
- - 20 %newSalewaMTN Trainer 2 GTX Approach Shoes Dark Denim / Fluo Coral Women189,95 €151,95 €
- - 20 %newSalewaCondor Evo GTX Mountaineering Boots Black/Cactus Men299,95 €239,95 €
- - 20 %newSalewaCrow GTX Mountaineering Boots Cactus / Sulphur Spring Men229,95 €183,95 €
- - 20 %newSalewaWildfire Approach Shoes Myrtle / Tender Shot Women149,95 €119,95 €
- - 20 %newSalewaMTN Trainer Lite Approach Shoes Malta/Fluor Green Men139,95 €111,95 €
- - 20 %newSalewaMTN Trainer Mid GTX Hiking and Trekking Shoes Asphalt / Fluo Orange Men219,95 €175,95 €
- - 23 %SalewaLite Train K Approach Shoes Malta / Fluor Orange Men130,00 €99,90 €
- - 20 %newSalewaRapace GTX Mountaineering Boots Night Black / Kamille Men249,95 €199,95 €
- - 17 %SalewaAlpine-X Ice Axe119,95 €99,95 €
- - 25 %newSalewaHiking Gaiters Black39,95 €29,95 €
- - 10 %newSalewaJunior Gaiters Navy Kids29,95 €26,95 €
- - 30 %SalewaVega Climbing Helmet Grey / Camo99,95 €69,95 €
- - 10 %SalewaAlp Trainer Mid GTX Junior Hiking Boot Myrtle / Tender Shot Kids109,95 €98,95 €
- - 10 %SalewaAlp Trainer Mid GTX Junior Hiking Boot Blue Danube / Fluo Green Kids109,95 €98,95 €
- - 17 %newSalewaVia Ferrata Evo Harness Carbon / Polar Blue Men59,95 €49,95 €
- - 30 %SalewaApex Climb 18 Backpack Ombre Blue99,95 €69,95 €
Why is Salewa a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
Sustainability is an integral part of the corporate values and daily work of Salewa and the South Tyrolean Oberalp Group, which also includes brands such as Dynafit and Wild Country. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, Salewa stands out in the following ways:
- The company is committed to accountability throughout the supply chain.
- It is aware of the impact its operations have on the environment and systematically analyzes and prioritizes risks.
- Salewa promotes fair working conditions and has been awarded the Leader status of the Fair Wear Foundation.
Love of homeland, responsibility and innovation
"Sustainability is about how each of us does things – every day. Eight core elements provide orientation: passion, people, courage, responsibility, ethics, sweating together, innovation and future. In line with these, Salewa sells durable mountain sports products with a minimal environmental footprint and likewise supports and promotes the people who work for and with the company. Products are thus monitored and inspected from the start of the design process until they leave the warehouse. In addition, Salewa ensures that: only socially responsible and organic materials are used, the use of chemicals before and during production is strictly monitored, products have long shelf lives, product development is regional, product lines are managed efficiently and textile waste is kept to a minimum. Nevertheless, the company is aware that “we still have a long way to go, but we are getting better step by step. Sustainability is a decision we invest in because we believe in it."
SALEWA: QUALITATIVE ALL-ROUND SUPPLIER
The history of the Salewa brand goes back to the 1930s, when alpine mountain sports were in their infancy and many peaks were still unclimbed. The company was founded in 1935 by Josef Liebhart and was initially known as "Münchner Lederwarenfabrik". In the 50s the spirit of the company changed more and more in the direction of alpine sports.
As a manufacturer of alpine equipment, Salewa included Scandinavian cross-country skis or ski poles in its production and equipped expedition teams with the necessary alpine sports articles. Today Salewa is one of the most successful outdoor manufacturers internationally. The extensive product range for women, men and children includes various alpine mountaineering equipment such as climbing harnesses, crampons, shoes or climbing helmets, functional outdoor clothing and backpacks for hiking as well as a variety of equipment and accessories in the winter sports sector. Salewa also produces high-quality tents and sleeping bags, which are suitable for longer trekking tours or even for high alpine expeditions, depending on the project. Salewa Approach shoes are particularly popular, such as the Wildfire GTX, Firetail GTX and MTN Trainer models, the Alp Trainer Mid GTX hiking, trekking and mountain boots, as well as the pants, jackets, shorts, shirts, shirts and vests of the Puez and Fanes collections.
The company's success continues to be reflected in the creation of its own athletic squad, which represents the Salewa brand internationally and acts as an ambassador for a more respectful approach to mountain sports and nature. As new challenges in mountaineering are constantly emerging, the Salewa athlete team also changes from time to time. In 2009, for example, athletes from the new field of ski mountaineering (a technical sport in which previously unreachable peaks are climbed using ski and climbing equipment) were included for the first time.
The team consists mainly of alpinists, freeriders and paragliders. When Oberalp AG took over Salewa in 1990, the company moved its headquarters from Munich to Bolzano in South Tyrol, Italy. The new headquarters in Bozen was completed in 2011 and reflects the innovative and progressive corporate spirit with its modern concept and architecture in the form of a rock crystal. In addition to a logistics and distribution center, a flagship store and a climbing hall are also integrated into the overall concept of Salewa's new headquarters. With a climbing area of around 2,000m² and a height of 24m, this is the largest climbing hall in Italy and invites visitors to enjoy extensive climbing.
SALEWA FOCUSES ON SUSTAINABILITY
SALEWA BOSS HEINER OBERRAUCH: "AS A FAMILY BUSINESS, WE THINK IN GENERATIONS". Social responsibility and sustainability are an essential part of Salewa's corporate strategy. Respect for nature, saving resources and responsibility for people and society are written large by the outdoor company. In addition to the use of sustainable materials and technologies, such as RDS certified down, recycling and upcycling initiatives, material innovations and repair services, Salewa is particularly concerned with sustainable and ethical procurement and production standards. For this reason, Salewa is a member of the "Fair Wear Foundation", an independent non-profit organization that promotes fair working conditions in the textile industry. Salewa has earned our WIR DENKEN UM Label. It distinguishes companies that work in a particularly sustainable manner. If you want to learn more about the criteria of the label, please visit our blog.