Thanks to its extensive product range with alpine sports equipment, functional clothing and much more, Salewa is now one of the most successful outdoor manufacturers.
Robust & sustainableHemp is a sustainable fiber with a pleasantly cool and soft feel comparable to linen. Above all, hemp is the strongest and most durable natural fiber known to mankind.
For any terrainThe MTN Trainer Lite Mid GTX by Salewa allows you to move faster and easier on any terrain, and it also offers optimal performance on rocky terrain
- newSalewaPedroc Durastretch 2/1 Zip-Off Pants Black Out Men149,95 €
- newSalewaAgner Light Durastretch Pants Black Out Women99,95 €
- newSalewaPedroc Light Durastetch Pants Black Out Men99,95 €
- newSalewaPuez Melange Dry T-Shirt Quiet Shade Melange Women29,95 €
- newSalewaPuez Melange Dry T-Shirt Rose Red Melange Women29,95 €
- newSalewaPuez Melange Dry T-Shirt Quiet Shade Melange Men29,95 €
- - 17 %newSalewaVia Ferrata Evo Harness Carbon / Polar Blue Men59,95 €49,95 €
- - 10 %newSalewaDenali IV Tent Cactus / Grey299,95 €269,95 €
- - 14 %newSalewaErgo Belay Device Night69,95 €59,95 €
- - 19 %newSalewaAtlas III Tent Cactus/Grey159,95 €129,95 €
- - 15 %newSalewaLitetrek III Tent Lightgrey / Cactus329,95 €279,95 €
- - 14 %newSalewaLitetrek II Tent Lightgrey / Cactus289,95 €249,95 €
- - 11 %newSalewaDenali III Tent Cactus / Grey279,95 €249,95 €
- - 17 %newSalewaDenali II Tent Cactus/Grey239,95 €199,95 €
- - 15 %newSalewaMTN Trainer 2L Approach Shoes Smoked/Fluor Green Men179,95 €152,95 €
- newSalewaPedroc Light Durastretch Pants Flint Stone Women99,95 €
- - 15 %newSalewaWildfire Edge Approach Shoes Ombre Blue / Fluo Yellow Men159,95 €135,95 €
- newSalewaFleece Jacket Flint Stone Melange Men119,95 €
- newSalewaPuez Hybrid Polarlite Hooded Fleece Jacket Ombre Blue Melange Women79,95 €
- newSalewaAgner Hybrid Full-Zip Fleece Jacket Flint Stone Melange Women119,95 €
- - 17 %newSalewaMTN Trainer 22 WS Backpack Grisaille / Blue Fog Women119,95 €99,95 €
- - 11 %newSalewaToxo Climbing Helmet White44,95 €39,95 €
- - 8 %newSalewaPura Climbing Helmet Blue59,95 €54,95 €
- newSalewaScrew G2 Carabiner Blue10,95 €
- newSalewaFigure 8 Carabiner Green / Black / Orange / Grey Blue7,95 €
- newSalewaHMS Screw G2 Carabiner Black10,95 €
- newSalewaDyneema Hot G3 Straight / Wire Express Set Quickdraw Blue / Fluo Green15,50 €
- - 15 %newSalewaMTN Trainer Mid GTX Trekking-Hikingboots Magnet / Viridian Green Women219,95 €186,95 €
- - 15 %newSalewaAlp Trainer 2 Mid GTX Hikingboots Duck Green / Rhododendon Women199,95 €169,95 €
- - 15 %newSalewaMS Wildfire Edge Mid GTX Hikingboots Poseidon / Cactus Men199,95 €169,95 €
- - 15 %newSalewaMS Alp Trainer 2 Mid GTX Hikingboots Raw Green / Pale Frog Men199,95 €169,95 €
- - 15 %newSalewaMS Mountain Trainer Mid GTX Hikingboots Black Out / Carrot Men199,95 €169,95 €
- - 15 %newSalewaAlpenrose 2 Mid GTX Hikingboots Atlantic Deep / Feld Green Women189,95 €161,45 €
- - 15 %newSalewaWildfire Edge GTX Approach Shoes Myrtle / Fluo Green Men179,95 €152,95 €
- newSalewaAgner PTX 3L Hardshell Jacket Flint Stone Women249,95 €
- - 15 %newSalewaMTN Trainer Lite Mid GTX Hiking and Trekking Boots Premium Navy / Blue Fog Women199,95 €169,95 €
SALEWA: QUALITATIVE ALL-ROUND SUPPLIER
The history of the Salewa brand goes back to the 1930s, when alpine mountain sports were in their infancy and many peaks were still unclimbed. The company was founded in 1935 by Josef Liebhart and was initially known as "Münchner Lederwarenfabrik". In the 50s the spirit of the company changed more and more in the direction of alpine sports.
As a manufacturer of alpine equipment, Salewa included Scandinavian cross-country skis or ski poles in its production and equipped expedition teams with the necessary alpine sports articles. Today Salewa is one of the most successful outdoor manufacturers internationally. The extensive product range for women, men and children includes various alpine mountaineering equipment such as climbing harnesses, crampons, shoes or climbing helmets, functional outdoor clothing and backpacks for hiking as well as a variety of equipment and accessories in the winter sports sector. Salewa also produces high-quality tents and sleeping bags, which are suitable for longer trekking tours or even for high alpine expeditions, depending on the project. Salewa Approach shoes are particularly popular, such as the Wildfire GTX, Firetail GTX and MTN Trainer models, the Alp Trainer Mid GTX hiking, trekking and mountain boots, as well as the pants, jackets, shorts, shirts, shirts and vests of the Puez and Fanes collections.
The company's success continues to be reflected in the creation of its own athletic squad, which represents the Salewa brand internationally and acts as an ambassador for a more respectful approach to mountain sports and nature. As new challenges in mountaineering are constantly emerging, the Salewa athlete team also changes from time to time. In 2009, for example, athletes from the new field of ski mountaineering (a technical sport in which previously unreachable peaks are climbed using ski and climbing equipment) were included for the first time.
The team consists mainly of alpinists, freeriders and paragliders. When Oberalp AG took over Salewa in 1990, the company moved its headquarters from Munich to Bolzano in South Tyrol, Italy. The new headquarters in Bozen was completed in 2011 and reflects the innovative and progressive corporate spirit with its modern concept and architecture in the form of a rock crystal. In addition to a logistics and distribution center, a flagship store and a climbing hall are also integrated into the overall concept of Salewa's new headquarters. With a climbing area of around 2,000m² and a height of 24m, this is the largest climbing hall in Italy and invites visitors to enjoy extensive climbing.
SALEWA FOCUSES ON SUSTAINABILITY
SALEWA BOSS HEINER OBERRAUCH: "AS A FAMILY BUSINESS, WE THINK IN GENERATIONS". Social responsibility and sustainability are an essential part of Salewa's corporate strategy. Respect for nature, saving resources and responsibility for people and society are written large by the outdoor company. In addition to the use of sustainable materials and technologies, such as RDS certified down, recycling and upcycling initiatives, material innovations and repair services, Salewa is particularly concerned with sustainable and ethical procurement and production standards. For this reason, Salewa is a member of the "Fair Wear Foundation", an independent non-profit organization that promotes fair working conditions in the textile industry. Salewa has earned our WIR DENKEN UM Label. It distinguishes companies that work in a particularly sustainable manner. If you want to learn more about the criteria of the label, please visit our blog.