Tents & Tarps
- - 9 %newMSRHubba Hubba NX 2P Tent Green549,95 €499,95 €
- newGear AidTenacious Tape Gore-Tex Patches Repair Kit Black8,95 €
- newHartjeTip Top Repair Kit Grün3,85 €
- - 9 %newSalewaDenali IV Tent Cactus / Grey319,95 €289,95 €
- newGear AidTenacious Tape Repair Kit Clear8,50 €Basic price: 17 € / Meter
- newHartjeTip Top Fahrrad TT05 Repair Kit Grün6,10 €
- newMSR6-Pack Groundhog Tent Pegs22,95 €
- newRelagsPolyethylen Tarpaulin Grün9,95 €
- - 10 %newMSRMutha Hubba Hubba NX 3P Tent Grün699,95 €629,95 €
- - 24 %newSalewaAtlas III Tent Cactus / Grey169,95 €129,95 €
- newMSR6-Pack Groundhog Mini Tent Pegs20,95 €
- - 8 %newBlack DiamondDistance inkl. Adapter Tent239,95 €219,95 €
- - 10 %newMSRHubba NX 1P Tent Green499,95 €449,95 €
- newMSRUniversal Footprint 1 Person Regular Tarpaulin39,95 €
- newGear AidSeam Grip +WP 28 g Repair Kit10,95 €Basic price: 391.07 € / Kilogramm
- - 9 %newSalewaLitetrek II Tent Lightgrey / Cactus319,95 €289,95 €
- - 11 %newSalewaLitetrek III Tent Lightgrey / Cactus359,95 €319,95 €
- - 10 %newSalewaDenali III Tent Cactus / Grey299,95 €269,95 €
- - 10 %newVaudeCampo Grande XT 4P Tent Chute Green399,95 €359,95 €
- - 12 %newSalewaDenali II Tent Cactus / Grey259,95 €229,95 €
- - 10 %newRobensBoulder 2 Tent Rot207,90 €186,95 €
- newMSRFootprint Universal 3 Tarpaulin59,95 €
- - 9 %newMSRHabitude 6 Tent749,95 €679,95 €
- newSea To SummitGround Control 8x Tent Pegs Blue26,95 €
- - 10 %newSea To Summit70D Poncho / Tarp Green59,95 €53,95 €
- - 11 %newRobens3x3 Tarp Grün87,90 €77,95 €
- - 10 %newSalewaMidway VI Tent Cactus / Grey599,95 €539,95 €
- - 10 %newRobensBoulder 3 Tent254,90 €229,95 €
- - 8 %newMSRHabitude 4 Tent649,95 €599,95 €
- - 12 %newRobensPioneer 3EX Tent327,90 €289,95 €
- - 11 %newEasy CampMoonlight Yurt Tent290,90 €259,95 €
- newMSR4- Pack Tent Guy Tent Accessories24,95 €
- - 11 %newVaudeMark 3P Tent Green899,95 €799,95 €
- - 11 %newVaudeMark L 2P Tent Avocado449,95 €399,95 €
- newLezyneLever Kit Repair Kit Blau-glänzend8,95 €
- - 10 %newOutwellOakwood 5 Tent577,90 €519,95 €
It should be as large and roomy as possible! Really?
You are still not sure about choosing the right tent? With this guide, we'll help you to get oriented. Choosing the right tent depends mostly on what you are planning to do with it. The key factors include weight and pack size. These are influenced by the size or capacity as well as the materials used, such as carbon or aluminium for the poles.
Hiking & trekking, trail running or bikepacking?
If you are planning multi-day tours through the countryside and are going to take the tent with you in a backpack or in panniers on your bike, we recommend a tent that is as light as possible, from approx. 700 grams. The reduced weight gives you those extra metres of altitude at the end of the day and the small pack size offers alternative storage space. But! Depending on the pack size and weight, you may have to compromise a little on comfort.
Going on a relaxed camping trip or on an expedition?
This category offers tents that look a little more capacious. But due to their construction, the use of materials and the pack size, the tents are not designed to be easily packed and unpacked every day.
Special tents for adding to the car expand the living or sleeping space while camping. The weight is of secondary importance. Depending on the type, the tents differ in the number of sleeping places and storage space they offer. If you are planning larger expeditions in all four seasons, it is recommended to use an expedition tent. These geodesic tents are robust, stable and can withstand winter storms.
The construction & design
The shape as well as the structure of a tent is a result of the intended use as well as the living, sleeping and storage space.
Is the simplest variant that protects you from dew, rain or sunlight. Here we are talking about an extension roof, where the framework can be formed from sticks, hiking poles or simply from branches. Without side walls and floors, tarp tents are only suitable for temporary use or as an additional roof with standing height for the existing tent. Due to their simple construction, tarps have a low weight and pack size and are easy to dry after heavy rainfall.
The dome tent...
is constructed in the classic way using a crossing pole construction. This creates a stable tent with a large volume in a compact space. By stretching the pole supports, the dome tent remains the same shape regardless of the ground contact. Due to this self-supporting construction, a dome tent can in theory be easily lifted up and put down again at another location. Because of its construction, the dome tent is a little heavier, but does not require tensioning by tensioning ropes. The dome tent offers sufficient stability, especially in alpine terrain without lashing possibilities.
--> 4 sqm relaxing haven for regeneration after long adventures in nature
The tunnel tent...
Expands through parallel arches, in contrast to the dome design. This type of tent has a slightly lower weight and pack size. Due to the construction, tunnel tents benefit from a more efficient use of space, which, depending on the model, ensures standing upright and creates enough space for comfortable living. Tunnel tents require tight tensioning by the ropes, so they are often built in a mixed construction that combines the stability and increased volume of dome and tunnel tents.
The pop-up tent..
offers the simplest and quickest set-up and take-down. The poles are pre-tensioned when packed, which ensures that the tent canvas is pulled up after opening. This saves time and is very easy to set up. Some of these tent types are only of single-wall construction and can result in the formation of condensation. For stability, these tents should be very well tensioned and are not necessarily space-saving in terms of pack size.
The ridge tent...
requires tight bracing so that the supporting structure pulls up the ridge of the tent. Ridge tents are therefore somewhat more complex to set up, but like dome tents they have a high degree of stability with good ventilation and rainwater drainage at the same time. Depending on the model and size, this type of tent is very compact in pack size.
offers the smallest effort of material for the construction after the Tarp. Only one support pole is needed to set up this type of tent. The outer tent is stretched all around and pulls the tipi up in a cone shape. A large, dry sleeping area can be created with a relatively small amount of material. Due to its design, the tipi tent only has a comfortable sitting height towards the centre of the tent.
Size, entrances, ventilation ... What should you keep in mind?
The real size of a tent is defined by the product dimensions in addition to the person specification. Depending on the construction and layout, the size varies according to the structure and the relation of the pack size. The number of persons refers to the number of dry sleeping spaces available. To get a better overview, the filter options weight and number of persons, will help you.
In addition, pay attention to details such as the ability to store equipment or use a cooker under the shelter in a rainy day. Based on the construction, some tents are equipped with vestibules that offer space for cooking and eating. While the outer tent offers you protection from the rain, the inner tent, in combination with the ventilation openings of the outer tent, prevents condensation and provides additional protection from mosquitoes and undesired roommates.
Tents with several entrances offer to get in and out undisturbed besides good ventilation, especially in case of a across sleeping arrangement. The water pillar rating provides information on the resistance to water from precipitation.
The right accessories are also part of a comfortable camping stay. Tent pads reduce wear and tear on the ground fabric. The right sleeping pad prevents cold bridges and ensures a deep sleep. Choose your sleeping bag according to the season and the related temperature specifications.
Are you still missing equipment for your mobile kitchen? Take a look at our outdoor kitchen!
Read more about tents: