Tents & Tarps
- - 15 %newMSRHubba Hubba NX 2P Tent GreenMSRP 549,95 €469,95 €One size
- newGear AidTenacious Tape Gore-Tex Patches Repair Kit Black8,95 €One size
- newGear AidTenacious Tape Repair Kit Clear8,50 €Basic price: 17 € / MeterOne size
- - 14 %newMSRElixir 2 Tent GreenMSRP 349,95 €299,95 €One size
- - 13 %newMSR6-Pack Groundhog Tent PegsMSRP 22,95 €19,95 €One size
- - 19 %newMSRMutha Hubba Hubba NX 3P Tent GrünMSRP 699,95 €569,95 €One size
- newGear AidSeam Grip +WP 28 g Repair Kit10,95 €Basic price: 391.07 € / KilogrammOne size
- newSea To Summit70D Poncho / Tarp Green59,95 €One size
- - 10 %newMSRUniversal Footprint 1 Person Regular TarpaulinMSRP 39,95 €35,95 €One size
- - 10 %newMSRHubba NX 1P Tent GreenMSRP 499,95 €449,95 €One size
- - 10 %newMSR4-Pack Blizzard Tent PegsMSRP 24,95 €22,45 €One size
- - 18 %newVaudeDrive Trunk Car Tent LinenMSRP 219,95 €179,95 €One size
- - 12 %newVaudeDrive Van Trunk Car Tent LinenMSRP 249,95 €219,95 €One size
- - 10 %newCAMPMinima 1 SL TentMSRP 219,95 €197,95 €One size
- - 28 %newVaudeBadawi 4P Tent SandMSRP 899,95 €649,95 €One size
- - 10 %newRelagsCoghlans Rubber Mallet Tent AccessoriesMSRP 8,95 €8,05 €One size
- - 30 %newVaudeDrive Wing Car Tent LinenMSRP 399,95 €279,95 €One size
- - 10 %newMSRFreelite 3 Tent GreenMSRP 609,95 €548,95 €One size
- - 20 %MSRUniversal Footprint 2 Person Regular TarpaulinMSRP 49,95 €39,95 €One size
- HartjeTip Top Repair Kit Grün3,85 €One size
- - 38 %SalewaDenali IV Tent Cactus / GreyMSRP 319,95 €199,95 €One size
- HartjeTip Top Fahrrad TT05 Repair Kit Grün6,10 €One size
- - 30 %RelagsPolyethylen Tarpaulin GrünMSRP 9,95 €6,95 €One size
- - 41 %SalewaAtlas III Tent Cactus / GreyMSRP 169,95 €99,95 €One size
- - 21 %Black DiamondDistance inkl. Adapter TentMSRP 239,95 €189,95 €One size
- - 38 %VaudeCampo Grande XT 4P Tent Chute GreenMSRP 399,95 €249,95 €One size
- - 27 %SalewaDenali III Tent Cactus / GreyMSRP 299,95 €219,95 €One size
- - 22 %SalewaLitetrek III Tent Lightgrey / CactusMSRP 359,95 €279,95 €One size
- - 30 %Sea To SummitGround Control 8x Tent Pegs BlueMSRP 26,95 €18,85 €One size
- - 28 %RobensBoulder 2 Tent RotMSRP 207,90 €149,95 €One size
- - 23 %SalewaDenali II Tent Cactus / GreyMSRP 259,95 €199,95 €One size
- - 33 %MSRHabitude 6 TentMSRP 749,95 €499,95 €One size
- - 20 %MSRFootprint Universal 3 TarpaulinMSRP 59,95 €47,95 €One size
- - 20 %MSRElixir 3 Tent GreenMSRP 429,95 €343,95 €One size
- - 30 %MSR4- Pack Tent Guy Tent AccessoriesMSRP 24,95 €17,45 €One size
- - 20 %Robens3x3 Tarp GrünMSRP 87,90 €70,30 €One size
- - 33 %SalewaMidway VI Tent Cactus / GreyMSRP 599,95 €399,95 €One size
- - 30 %Therm-A-RestPermanent Home Repair KitMSRP 14,95 €10,45 €One size
- - 22 %RobensBoulder 3 TentMSRP 254,90 €199,95 €One size
- LezyneLever Kit Repair Kit Blau-glänzend8,95 €One size
- - 23 %MSRHabitude 4 TentMSRP 649,95 €499,95 €One size
- - 27 %VaudeMark L 2P Tent AvocadoMSRP 449,95 €329,95 €One size
- - 39 %RobensPioneer 3EX TentMSRP 327,90 €199,95 €One size
- - 20 %MSRFreelite 2 Tent GreenMSRP 529,95 €423,95 €One size
- - 20 %VaudeMark 3P Tent GreenMSRP 899,95 €719,95 €One size
- - 20 %Sea To SummitAlto TR2 Tent GreenMSRP 529,95 €423,95 €One size
- - 30 %MSRPole Repair Splints Tent AccessoriesMSRP 9,95 €6,95 €One size
- - 20 %OutwellOakwood 5 TentMSRP 577,90 €462,30 €One size
- - 26 %OutwellGreenwood 5 TentMSRP 747,90 €549,95 €One size
- - 21 %OutwellWoodcrest Caravan- TentMSRP 691,90 €549,95 €One size
- - 28 %VaudeLizard Seamless 1-2P Tent Cress GreenMSRP 599,95 €429,95 €One size
- - 23 %RobensVoyager Versa 4 TentMSRP 519,90 €399,95 €One size
- - 20 %RobensVoyager 3EX TentMSRP 425,90 €340,70 €One size
- - 24 %OutwellLindale 5PA Air TentMSRP 924,90 €699,95 €One size
- - 47 %SalewaAlpine Lodge IV Tent Cactus / GreyMSRP 949,95 €499,95 €One size
- - 27 %VaudeTaurus UL 2 Tent GreenMSRP 549,95 €399,95 €One size
- - 22 %VaudeDrive Van Car Tent SandMSRP 599,95 €469,95 €One size
- HartjeKlebertube Repair Kit2,29 €One size
- - 40 %RelagsCoghlans tent Repair KitMSRP 8,95 €5,35 €One size
- - 25 %RobensShikra Pro 3 TentMSRP 467,90 €349,95 €One size
- - 20 %MSRAccess 2 Tent OrangeMSRP 819,95 €655,95 €One size
- - 30 %Mountain EquipmentService Kit Repair KitMSRP 19,90 €13,90 €One size
- - 20 %SpatzWigwam 4 BTC Cotton- Tent Brown SandMSRP 599,95 €479,95 €One size
- - 30 %RelagsBasic Nature Aufstellstange Quick Clip Tent AccessoriesMSRP 24,95 €17,45 €One size
- - 26 %RobensChaser 2 Tent Dark GreenMSRP 404,90 €299,95 €One size
- - 21 %Easy CampBlazar 400 Tent Steele BlueMSRP 176,90 €139,95 €One size
- - 29 %RobensChaser 3XE Tent Dark GreenMSRP 467,90 €329,95 €One size
- - 20 %RobensNordic Lynx Tent Dark GreenMSRP 519,90 €415,90 €One size
- - 20 %RobensLynx 4 Tent Dark GreenMSRP 581,90 €465,50 €One size
It should be as large and roomy as possible! Really?
You are still not sure about choosing the right tent? With this guide, we'll help you to get oriented. Choosing the right tent depends mostly on what you are planning to do with it. The key factors include weight and pack size. These are influenced by the size or capacity as well as the materials used, such as carbon or aluminium for the poles.
Hiking & trekking, trail running or bikepacking?
If you are planning multi-day tours through the countryside and are going to take the tent with you in a backpack or in panniers on your bike, we recommend a tent that is as light as possible, from approx. 700 grams. The reduced weight gives you those extra metres of altitude at the end of the day and the small pack size offers alternative storage space. But! Depending on the pack size and weight, you may have to compromise a little on comfort.
Going on a relaxed camping trip or on an expedition?
This category offers tents that look a little more capacious. But due to their construction, the use of materials and the pack size, the tents are not designed to be easily packed and unpacked every day.
Special tents for adding to the car expand the living or sleeping space while camping. The weight is of secondary importance. Depending on the type, the tents differ in the number of sleeping places and storage space they offer. If you are planning larger expeditions in all four seasons, it is recommended to use an expedition tent. These geodesic tents are robust, stable and can withstand winter storms.
The construction & design
The shape as well as the structure of a tent is a result of the intended use as well as the living, sleeping and storage space.
Is the simplest variant that protects you from dew, rain or sunlight. Here we are talking about an extension roof, where the framework can be formed from sticks, hiking poles or simply from branches. Without side walls and floors, tarp tents are only suitable for temporary use or as an additional roof with standing height for the existing tent. Due to their simple construction, tarps have a low weight and pack size and are easy to dry after heavy rainfall.
The dome tent...
is constructed in the classic way using a crossing pole construction. This creates a stable tent with a large volume in a compact space. By stretching the pole supports, the dome tent remains the same shape regardless of the ground contact. Due to this self-supporting construction, a dome tent can in theory be easily lifted up and put down again at another location. Because of its construction, the dome tent is a little heavier, but does not require tensioning by tensioning ropes. The dome tent offers sufficient stability, especially in alpine terrain without lashing possibilities.
--> 4 sqm relaxing haven for regeneration after long adventures in nature
The tunnel tent...
Expands through parallel arches, in contrast to the dome design. This type of tent has a slightly lower weight and pack size. Due to the construction, tunnel tents benefit from a more efficient use of space, which, depending on the model, ensures standing upright and creates enough space for comfortable living. Tunnel tents require tight tensioning by the ropes, so they are often built in a mixed construction that combines the stability and increased volume of dome and tunnel tents.
The pop-up tent..
offers the simplest and quickest set-up and take-down. The poles are pre-tensioned when packed, which ensures that the tent canvas is pulled up after opening. This saves time and is very easy to set up. Some of these tent types are only of single-wall construction and can result in the formation of condensation. For stability, these tents should be very well tensioned and are not necessarily space-saving in terms of pack size.
The ridge tent...
requires tight bracing so that the supporting structure pulls up the ridge of the tent. Ridge tents are therefore somewhat more complex to set up, but like dome tents they have a high degree of stability with good ventilation and rainwater drainage at the same time. Depending on the model and size, this type of tent is very compact in pack size.
offers the smallest effort of material for the construction after the Tarp. Only one support pole is needed to set up this type of tent. The outer tent is stretched all around and pulls the tipi up in a cone shape. A large, dry sleeping area can be created with a relatively small amount of material. Due to its design, the tipi tent only has a comfortable sitting height towards the centre of the tent.
Size, entrances, ventilation ... What should you keep in mind?
The real size of a tent is defined by the product dimensions in addition to the person specification. Depending on the construction and layout, the size varies according to the structure and the relation of the pack size. The number of persons refers to the number of dry sleeping spaces available. To get a better overview, the filter options weight and number of persons, will help you.
In addition, pay attention to details such as the ability to store equipment or use a cooker under the shelter in a rainy day. Based on the construction, some tents are equipped with vestibules that offer space for cooking and eating. While the outer tent offers you protection from the rain, the inner tent, in combination with the ventilation openings of the outer tent, prevents condensation and provides additional protection from mosquitoes and undesired roommates.
Tents with several entrances offer to get in and out undisturbed besides good ventilation, especially in case of a across sleeping arrangement. The water pillar rating provides information on the resistance to water from precipitation.
The right accessories are also part of a comfortable camping stay. Tent pads reduce wear and tear on the ground fabric. The right sleeping pad prevents cold bridges and ensures a deep sleep. Choose your sleeping bag according to the season and the related temperature specifications.
Are you still missing equipment for your mobile kitchen? Take a look at our outdoor kitchen!
Read more about tents: