- newPetzlFakir Crampons Bag Black14,95 €
- newPetzl11, 17 & 25 cm Quickdraw Sling3,95 €
- - 11 %newPetzlAttache HMS Carabiner OrangeMSRP 15,65 €13,95 €
- - 22 %newPetzlRide Ice Axe OrangeMSRP 89,95 €69,95 €
- - 16 %newPetzlIrvis Leverlock Universal Crampons OrangeMSRP 124,95 €104,95 €
- - 14 %newPetzlSpirit Quickdraw Orange / GrauMSRP 20,95 €17,95 €
- newPetzlAnneau Polyester Sling 60cm 16mm Sling Gelb5,25 €Basic price: 8.75 € / Meter
- - 12 %newPetzlAltitude Harness OrangeMSRP 84,95 €74,95 €
- - 7 %newPetzlMicro Traxion Pulley OrangeMSRP 74,95 €69,95 €
- - 18 %newPetzlMeteor Climbing Helmet Rot / OrangeMSRP 84,95 €69,95 €
- newPetzlLinkin Leash11,95 €
- - 20 %newPetzlGully 45 cm Ice Axe OrangeMSRP 124,95 €99,95 €
- - 20 %newPetzlLynx Leverlock Universal Crampons OrangeMSRP 199,95 €159,95 €
- - 13 %newPetzlDjinn Axess 17 cm Quickdraw BlauMSRP 14,95 €12,95 €
- - 18 %newPetzlSwift RL 900 Headlamp SchwarzMSRP 109,95 €89,95 €
- newPetzlAnneau Polyester Sling 60cm 16mm 120cm 16mm Sling Grün7,65 €Basic price: 6.38 € / Meter
- - 16 %newPetzlTibloc Mini Ascender OrangeMSRP 31,95 €26,95 €
- - 15 %newPetzlLeopard LLF Crampons OrangeMSRP 134,95 €114,95 €
- newPetzlFinesse 10 & 17cm Quickdraw Sling5,95 €
- newPetzlOK Screwgate Carabiner Grau13,15 €
- - 23 %newPetzlSummit Ice AxeMSRP 129,95 €99,95 €
- newPetzlSt'Anneau Dyneema 12 mm Sling Weiß9,95 €
- - 13 %newPetzlIrvis Flexlock Crampons OrangeMSRP 114,95 €99,95 €
- - 23 %newPetzlScorpio Eashook Via Ferrata Orange / BlauMSRP 129,95 €99,95 €
- - 18 %newPetzlSwift RL 900 Headlamp BlauMSRP 109,95 €89,95 €
- - 29 %newPetzlIko Core Headlamp BlackMSRP 84,95 €59,95 €
- - 23 %newPetzlNomic Ice Axe SchwarzMSRP 259,95 €199,90 €
- - 18 %newPetzlBoreo Climbing Helmet WeißMSRP 54,95 €44,95 €
- newPetzlAnge S Carabiner Orange12,55 €
- - 18 %newPetzlSwift RL 900 Headlamp OrangeMSRP 109,95 €89,95 €
- - 11 %newPetzlLeopard FL Crampons OrangeMSRP 134,95 €119,95 €
- newPetzlAkku Core Headlamp26,95 €
- - 18 %newPetzlGrigri Belay Device BlauMSRP 84,95 €69,95 €
- - 10 %newPetzlReverso Tube RotMSRP 29,95 €26,95 €
- - 11 %newPetzlCorax Harness GrayMSRP 64,95 €57,95 €
- - 20 %newPetzlGully 45 cm Hammer Ice Axe OrangeMSRP 124,95 €99,95 €
Why is Petzl a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
Petzl, a family-owned company, understands sustainability to mean continuous evaluation and improvement to minimize environmental impact. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, Petzl stands out in the following ways:
- The company is committed to accountability throughout the supply chain and is dedicated to responsible purchasing
- It is aware of the impact of its operations on the environment and is working to reduce its own footprint by 50 % by 2030
- Petzl promotes fair working conditions and supports suppliers to improve their CSR practices
Petzl: A company that is committed
"More than ever before, we are aware that our actions and products have a lasting impact on our environment and have a decisive influence on our future and that of our children. We are committed to sustainably reducing the impact of our actions through our inventions and innovations," says CSR Director Sébastien Petzl. Petzl has set out to reduce the environmental footprint of its operations by 50 % by 2030 compared to a 2019 baseline. To this end, Petzl aims, for example, to develop products with lower CO2 emissions, shorten the transport distances of goods and reduce the energy consumption of Petzl lamps. The French-based company also plans to significantly conserve resources and avoid waste. Petzl plans to avoid single-use plastic in all packaging and in factories, for 50 percent of all cardboard boxes and pallets to be reused and for 80 percent of all waste to be recycled by 2025.
ACCESS THE INACCESSIBLE with Petzl
Throughout the whole process, from development to marketability, Petzl pursues the big goal of making the seemingly impossible possible. The company always challenges the technological and economic limits of the possible in order to produce gear, which sets new standards. Petzl basically consists of two main sectors: While they produce outdoor equipment, e.g. for mountaineering, under the sports banner, they also focus on the working world by manufacturing equipment in such realms like safety at work and rescue under the professional banner. Petzl´s innovative headlamps, carabiners, crampons and ascenders etc. are nowadays sold in more than 50 countries via a specialty retailer network.
Petzl´s success story really kicked off in the late 60s, early 70s. During this time, the first products were introduced into the market. Yet, Petzl´s journey actually started a lot earlier than that, namely in 1936. The speleologist Fernand Petzl had discovered cave climbing, however, there was barely any gear for this activity. This is why Petzl started to develop his own climbing equipment. Fernand Petzl, who passed away in 2003 and whose son Paul, today, is the president of the family-run company, laid the foundation in the upcoming decades to develop and produce solutions for the rappelling, moving, securing, and ascending in darkness. In 1968, he began to market the first ascenders and descenders (BASIC, SIMPLE) under the name of Fernand Petzl.
And the newly founded company didn´t waste any time at all. In 1977, Petzl presented the first harnesses before, in 1990, the French developed the first products for commercial retailers. Only one year later, a true classic was born: The GRIGRI, the first belaying device with stop-support, which is, to this day, immensely popular. In 1998, Petzl presented the TIBLOC, an extremely compact ascender for the ascent on the rope. Two years later came TIKKA, the first LED-headlamp. That same year, Petzl bought the Charlet Moser corporation and, thus, expanded into the realm of ice tools and crampons. In 2006, Petzl supplied the New York Fire Department with the personal rescue system EXO. In 2016, GRIGRI + was born, the continuation of the belying device classic.
Petzl: SAFETY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY
Reliability, ergonomics, comfort, and efficiency are key components of Petzl´s philosophy. In order to accomplish all of this, Petzl unites all kinds of experts of such diverse realms like mechanics, electronics, optics, textile, and data processing in their developmental factory in Crolles. Already in the planning-and-prototype-stage, Petzl especially watches the reliability of the developing equipment and the safety of the user by laying a special eye on the risks involved. Also, there are special test laboratories in Crolles, where lamps and climbing items are tested. The tests, which are conducted there, range from dynamic crash tests, luminous intensities, and shock resistance to the run time of the lamps. These tests are oftentimes more complex than mandated. After all, Petzl doesn´t back down from their goal to accomplish ultimate reliability and safety. Additional practical tests further challenge the ergonomics and reliability of the products.
Petzl produces in Crolles, Eybens, and Rotherens, France, and in Rawang, Malaysia. Petzl´s strategy is that of long-term partnerships with the most important European and Asian suppliers, who closely work with Petzl´s buying agents and quality managers. Petzl watches each and every production step of the products, so, their reliability and quality can live up to the extraordinarily high Petzl expectations. However, Petzl´s responsibility doesn´t stop inside the working world. Established in 2006, the Petzl Foundation supports environmental and research-oriented projects concerning climate protection and sustainability.