The footwear specialist from the Asolo region in Italy is a leading manufacturer of boots for mountaineering, downhill skiing / alpine skiing and backcountry skiing / ski touring and is especially well-known for the Scarpa Mojito. Scarpa is currently investing innovation and passion into experimenting with materials for less polluting footwear and vegan models.
- - 17 %ScarpaZodiac Approach Shoes Icefall Women179,95 €149,90 €
- - 25 %ScarpaCYCLONE GTX Hiking and trekking boots GULL GRAY / STONE BLUE Men199,95 €149,90 €
- - 40 %ScarpaMistral GTX Hiking Boots Gray/Orange Kids99,95 €59,95 €
- - 27 %ScarpaMarmolada Pro HD Hiking and Trekking Shoes Shark / Coral Women259,95 €189,90 €
- - 23 %ScarpaGUIDA CITY GTX Hiking & Trekking Boots DARK GRAY Men219,95 €169,90 €
- - 18 %ScarpaGuida City GTX Hiking & Trekking Boots Natural Women219,95 €179,90 €
- - 20 %ScarpaMescalito Knit Approach Shoes Grey / Aqua Women149,95 €119,90 €
- - 10 %ScarpaZG Trek GTX Mountaineering Boots Nile Blue / Lagoon Women199,95 €179,95 €
- - 10 %ScarpaZG Trek GTX Mountaineering Boots Ottanio / Spring Men199,95 €179,95 €
- - 10 %ScarpaRapid Approach Shoes Azure / Orange Men149,95 €134,95 €
- ScarpaPiste MPS 2 Interchangeable Soles59,95 €
- - 27 %ScarpaMojito Bio Casual Shoes Military Men149,95 €109,90 €
- - 23 %ScarpaGolden Gate Running Shoes Black / Lime Men129,95 €99,95 €
- - 23 %ScarpaGolden Gate Running Shoes Deep Blue / White Men129,95 €99,95 €
- - 20 %ScarpaMojito Bio Casual Shoes Natural Women149,95 €119,90 €
- - 23 %ScarpaGolden Gate Running Shoes Red Rose / White Women129,95 €99,95 €
- - 23 %ScarpaGolden Gate Running Shoes Aqua / Black Women129,95 €99,95 €
- - 18 %ScarpaSpin 2.0 Running Shoes Azure / Black Men169,95 €139,95 €
- - 10 %ScarpaSpin Infinity Running Shoes Azure /Ottanio Men149,95 €134,95 €
- - 10 %ScarpaRibelle Run Running Shoes Black / Lavender Women149,95 €134,95 €
- - 10 %ScarpaRibelle Run Running Shoes Bright Red / Black Women149,95 €134,95 €
- - 20 %ScarpaVapor V Climbing Shoes Dahlia / Aqua Women139,95 €111,95 €
- - 20 %ScarpaArpia Climbing Shoes Black / Aqua Women129,95 €103,95 €
- - 20 %ScarpaInstinct VS Climbing Shoes Black / Aqua Women149,95 €119,95 €
- - 20 %ScarpaArpia Climbing Shoes Black / Red Men129,95 €103,95 €
- - 20 %ScarpaOrigin Climbing Shoes Maledive / Black Women89,95 €71,95 €
- - 20 %ScarpaOrigin Climbing Shoes Covey / Black Men89,95 €71,95 €
- - 13 %ScarpaZen Pro Lady Approach Shoes Shark /Green Blue Women159,95 €139,90 €
- - 23 %ScarpaMojito Approach Shoes Midgrey Men129,95 €99,90 €
- - 10 %newScarpaMojito Approach Shoes Lake Blue Men129,95 €116,95 €
- - 13 %newScarpaMojito Leather Approach Shoes Cocoa Men149,95 €129,95 €
- - 47 %ScarpaMojito Summer Approach Shoes Night Men149,90 €79,95 €
- - 11 %newScarpaZodiac Approach Shoes Lake Blue Men179,95 €159,90 €
- - 13 %newScarpaZen Pro Approach Shoes Charcoal / Tonic Men159,95 €139,90 €
- - 23 %newScarpaMojito Approach Shoes Metal Grey Women129,95 €99,90 €
- - 10 %newScarpaZodiac GTX Approach Shoes Shark Men199,95 €179,90 €
Why is Scarpa a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
Scarpa took a big step toward sustainability with the Bio Mojito, one of many steps to come. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, Scarpa stands out in the following ways:
- The company is committed to accountability throughout the supply chain
- It is aware of the impact its operations have on the environment and seeks to reduce its environmental footprint
- Most of Scarpa’s production is in facilities in the local region, and the company is on track for B-Corp certification
Scarpa: Innovation and tradition
Founded in 1938 in the Asolo / Montebelluna region, Scarpa is still known today for traditional handmade mountaineering and ski boots. The Italian company develops innovative footwear with a passion. At the same time, it is increasing its efforts to become ever more sustainable and has committed to ethical conduct and fair working conditions. Scarpa is using recycled materials and plant-based plastics to develop “planet friendly” products. In 2020, the company had a total of 34 environmentally friendly products, representing 21 percent of their footwear, including ski boots made of Pebax R-new, a plant-based ski boot made of castor oil and climbing shoes made of organic leather and produced with much less water and with renewable energy. Recycled materials have also been incorporated in laces, linings and footbeds in approach, trail running and casual footwear. Scarpa also manufactures 100 % vegan shoes, where even the glue is made of fully synthetic materials.
“Società Calzaturieri Asolani Riuniti Pedemontana Anonima”, you would have to agree, is not really a name that sticks. So, the Italian shoe specialist quickly decided to go by the acronym of SCARPA. It all started with the then still narrow segment of special shoes, especially for climbing and expeditions. The extraordinary craftsmanship of the cobblers from Asolo quickly gained a lot of notoriety and their shoe know-how was soon spread all over the world. Scarpa´s ultimate trump cards were, and still are to this very day, a unique fit and extraordinary durability.
Scarpa shoes for all things outdoors
Until today, Scarpa´s shoe range has been continuously extended. Meanwhile, the brand has long stopped to solely stand for specialized shoes and really made a name for itself in realms away from outdoor and mountaineering boots. Today, Scarpa´s product range comprises far more than just climbing and mountaineering boots. There are also hiking and trekking boots, running shoes, and approach shoes. Add on top of that one of the absolute focal points of Scarpa: Ski boots for all imaginable disciplines of skiing. This includes ski touring, freeride, and telemark.
Scarpa ski boots for specialists
Scarpa also demonstrates its special expertise in the telemark boots market. In this rather small niche of skiing, Scarpa has been the most important provider of ski boots for quite a number of years. Here, their advance in knowledge really comes into play. Scarpa gained this advance due to some long time experience with this rather special way of skiing. That experience has also found its way into other disciplines of skiing. This is especially the case with ski touring boots, also those for competitions, where Scarpa has been considered as being one of the leading brands for many years.
Thanks to the comprehensive Scarpa touring ski boot know-how and latest technologies and materials, great boots for competitions emerge, such as the Scarpa Alien 1.0. An absolute lightweight and powerhouse all at once - as a matter of fact, a race shoe´s race shoe. Scarpa´s team athletes prove just that by regularly succeeding in touring ski World Cup races with the Alien below their bindings.
An iconic boot: The Scarpa Mojito
Scarpa was also one of the pioneers of the scene when a completely new shoe conquered the market a few years ago: The approach shoe. It was designed as a multifunctional shoe, which had initially been developed for the booming climbing community. That community was looking for a comfortable, yet relatively solid shoe. All big shoe manufacturers introduced their ideas of that concept to the market. However, almost none of those could compete over all these years with the Scarpa Mojito. Reasons for this were, among others, the proven Scarpa shoe quality and the Mojito´s rather bold design.
It soon appeared in all kinds of colours and this style didn´t only catch on with climbers. After all, climbers thought that the Mojito, in terms of shape and looks, was so perfectly suited for everyday life that they decided to not only use it as an approach shoe. This is why the Mojito quickly became a casual shoe as well.Thanks to the Vibram sole, the Mojito cuts just as fine a figure on rough terrain as it does when strolling through the city. Additional colours followed and the Mojito, today, ranges among the most popular shoes for people of all ages.