Red Chili has managed to join the ranks of worldwide leaders in the realm of climbing shoes within a very short time span. While Uwe Hofstädter functions as the brand´s gray eminence and pulls all kinds of strings in the background, Stefan Glowacz is especially involved in design and marketing.
- - 17 %newRed ChiliPulpo Climbing Shoes Blue / Red KidsMSRP 59,95 €49,95 €Available Sizes:28,030,032,034,036,0
- - 17 %newRed ChiliSpirit LV Climbing Shoes Night WomenMSRP 114,95 €94,95 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM3,03,54,55,05,5
- - 12 %newRed ChiliCircuit Climbing Shoes Hawaiian BlueMSRP 84,95 €74,95 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM5,05,56,06,57,0
- - 17 %newRed ChiliSpirit Climbing Shoes NightMSRP 114,95 €94,95 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM6,57,07,58,08,5
- - 26 %newRed ChiliVentic Air Lace Climbing Shoes AnthraciteMSRP 94,95 €69,95 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM5,05,59,511,0
- - 10 %newRed ChiliFusion II Climbing Shoes OasisMSRP 129,95 €116,95 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM5,56,06,57,07,5
- - 18 %newRed ChiliVoltage Lace Climbing Shoes Wasabi MenMSRP 139,95 €114,95 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM6,06,57,07,58,0
- - 10 %newRed ChiliFusion LV II Climbing Shoes Raspberry WomenMSRP 129,95 €116,95 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM3,54,04,55,05,5
- - 50 %Red ChiliTecu Hoodie Plum WomenMSRP 69,95 €34,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 33 %Red ChiliTuolu Beanie Dark PlumMSRP 29,95 €19,95 €One size
- - 50 %Red ChiliSela Shirt Deepblue WomenMSRP 54,95 €27,50 €Available Sizes:S
- - 20 %Red ChiliRedclimb Cap DeepblueMSRP 29,95 €23,95 €One size
- - 10 %Red ChiliCharger LV W Climbing Shoes Türkis WomenMSRP 109,95 €98,95 €Available Sizes:EU | UK | US | CM4,04,55,05,56,0
- - 50 %Red ChiliBege Zip Hoodie Dolphin WomenMSRP 84,95 €42,45 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %Red ChiliUnra 3/4 Pants Mineral Blue WomenMSRP 49,95 €24,95 €Available Sizes:SM
- - 50 %Red ChiliSatori III T-Shirt Iced Blue WomenMSRP 34,95 €17,45 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %Red ChiliSolok Pants Deepblue WomenMSRP 79,95 €39,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 20 %Red ChiliSooke Cap EcruMSRP 31,95 €25,55 €One size
- - 50 %Red ChiliSatori T-Shirt Bramble MenMSRP 34,95 €17,45 €Available Sizes:M
- - 50 %Red ChiliNona Pants Olive WomenMSRP 79,95 €40,00 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %Red ChiliNona Pants Aqua Stone WomenMSRP 79,95 €39,95 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %Red ChiliTecu Hoodie Mineral Blue WomenMSRP 69,95 €34,95 €Available Sizes:XS
- - 50 %Red ChiliGela 3/4 Pants Aqua Stone WomenMSRP 59,95 €29,95 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 50 %Red ChiliSatori III T-Shirt Dolphin WomenMSRP 34,95 €17,45 €Available Sizes:S
- - 50 %Red ChiliUnra 3/4 Pants Plum WomenMSRP 49,95 €24,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %Red ChiliKosu Shorts Dark Plum MenMSRP 59,95 €29,95 €Available Sizes:XL
- - 50 %Red ChiliNona Pants Shark Blue WomenMSRP 79,95 €39,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 50 %Red ChiliBege Zip Hoodie Plum WomenMSRP 84,95 €42,45 €Available Sizes:XS
- - 50 %Red ChiliMitake Pants Dark Plum WomenMSRP 69,95 €34,95 €Available Sizes:L
- - 50 %Red ChiliNona Pants Bramble WomenMSRP 79,95 €39,95 €Available Sizes:XSSML
- - 20 %Red ChiliFlashed Cap Shark BlueMSRP 29,95 €23,95 €One size
- - 50 %Red ChiliBeru Fleece Jacket Deepblue MenMSRP 119,95 €59,95 €Available Sizes:M
- newRed ChiliDirty Hairy Chalk Brush Climbing Accessories No Color9,95 €Available Sizes:SL
Why is Red Chili a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
The innovative climbing shoes are developed in the company's own facility in Isny in the Allgäu region. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, Red Chili stands out in the following ways:
- The company is aware of the impact of its operations on the environment
- It uses resource-saving sustainable packaging
- Red Chili products are developed in the company’s own facility in Germany
Red Chili: From El Capitan to the Allgäu region
The idea came to the two founders, Stefan Glowacz and Uwe Hofstädter, while they were climbing El Capitan in Yosemite Valley. A lot of tinkering, developing, testing, discarding, improving, wine drinking, swearing, celebrating and climbing has taken place since Red Chili’s beginnings in 1996. From the first designs to the current models, which are created in the modern shoe production facility in Isny in Allgäu, it has been a long and instructive journey. As the Red Chili products are developed and manufactured on-site in Isny, the company can react quickly to changes in the climbing scene: "We are committed to offering products that are clearly developed by climbers for climbers.... At the same time, our in-house design and development ensures that the quality is right. And somewhere in between we test and climb in our shoes ourselves. Because we are all enthusiastic climbers and boulderers." Textiles are made from renewable and recycled materials — fair working conditions are observed in production.
Comfort meets performance
When Red Chili was founded 25 years ago, climbing was still something for the wild outdoorsy people. In the meantime, they have been joined by those who prefer indoor climbing and bouldering. They all have one thing in common: the love for climbing! Sure, sometimes it's also hard and gruelling. It's especially annoying when you can't make it through despite having bouldered out the individual moves. And sometimes it just hurts. Worn-out muscles, battered skin and feet aching in the tight climbing shoes. But does it really have to be like that? Red Chili works hard and with pleasure to provide you with the right tools in order to offer the greatest possible and long-lasting climbing fun - without your toes or other parts of your feet going on strike. Red Chili's motto here is quite clear: Comfort meets performance!
Since the merger with Edelrid in mid-2017, some valuable synergies have been used to serve the ever-growing climbing market. The areas of climbing clothing and climbing shoe development remain with Red Chili. Edelrid is more involved in the area of climbing harnesses, climbing ropes, climbing helmets, carabiners and much more.
Of course, recreational climbers need very different utensils than experienced climbers. Check out our guides to find out more about that topic. We help you find the right climbing shoes and show you the essential equipment for getting started in climbing.