Edelrid is a technology specialist in the three market segments Climbing, Safety und Industry. The market segments have grown out of our core competence of textile product manufacturing (braiding, weaving and sewing). This area makes up the corner stone of their business today.
- - 23 %newEdelridSlash Wire 10cm Quickdraw Night-Oasis13,00 €9,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridPure Screw Carabiner Silver11,95 €10,75 €
- - 10 %newEdelridRopetooth single hand Knife Climbing Accessories19,95 €17,95 €
- - 25 %newEdelridBundeswehr Cutlery15,95 €12,00 €
- - 18 %newEdelridApus Pro Dry 7,9mm 60m Rope Oasis169,95 €139,95 €
- - 18 %newEdelridApus Pro Dry 7,9mm 60m Rope Icemint169,95 €139,95 €
- - 11 %newEdelridDragon II Stove44,95 €39,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridDevil II Stove34,95 €31,45 €
- - 14 %newEdelrid110cm adjustable Belay Station Sling Slate34,95 €29,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridTech Web Belay Station Sling21,95 €19,75 €
- - 10 %newEdelridZodiac Climbing Helmet Icemint54,95 €49,45 €
- - 10 %newEdelridZodiac Climbing Helmet Oasis54,95 €49,45 €
- - 17 %newEdelridOhm Belay Resistor Oasis119,95 €99,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridZodiac Climbing Helmet Snow54,95 €49,45 €
- - 10 %newEdelridMagnum Triple HMS Carabiner Night21,95 €19,75 €
- - 10 %newEdelridJayne Harness Mint Women59,95 €53,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridJay Harness Green Pepper Men59,95 €53,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridFinn Harness Icemint Kids49,95 €44,95 €
- - 13 %newEdelridSendero Harness Lapis Blue79,95 €69,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridFraggle III Harness Icemint Kids59,95 €53,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridLoopo Lite Harness Snow59,95 €53,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridAutana Harness Jade Women79,95 €71,95 €
- - 13 %newEdelridShark Night Crampons Night Oasis159,95 €139,95 €
- - 12 %newEdelridLiner Ropebag Night/Oasis24,95 €21,95 €
- - 19 %newEdelridMagnum Screw HMS Carabiner Slate15,95 €12,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridGiga Jul Tube / Belay Device Slate64,95 €58,45 €
- - 13 %newEdelridStrike Screw HMS Carabiner Silver14,95 €12,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridHMS Strike FG HMS Carabiner19,95 €17,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridMagnum Triple HMS Carabiner Oasis21,95 €19,75 €
- - 10 %newEdelridBulletproof Triple FG HMS Carabiner Icemint29,95 €26,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridBulletproof Screw HMS Carabiner Slate21,95 €19,75 €
- - 13 %newEdelridMega Jul Belay Device Slate39,95 €34,95 €
- - 14 %newEdelridJul² Belay Device Oasis34,95 €29,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridCorazon Heart Carabiner Rot2,95 €2,65 €
- - 10 %newEdelridPure Wire Carabiner Silber7,95 €7,15 €
- - 10 %newEdelridMicro Carabiner3,45 €3,10 €
Edelrid – tradition meets innovation
Edelrid, having been in existence for over 150 years, stands out due to the passion and excitement for mountaineering, the sheer infinite inventive genius, and countless groundbreaking innovations. Edelrid is looking back at a rather eventful history. In 1973, the company experienced a horrific fire that destroyed the whole factory. The only things that were left, were those in the minds of the employees. At first, it remained unclear if the company would survive at all. However, in mid-1974, after a couple of makeshifts, Edelrid was able to return to the regular working routine. Since 2006, Edelrid has been part of the VAUDE Group and, today, has more than 150 employees. The majority of the production, approximately 60 percent of the added value, is “made in Germany”.
Edelrid was founded as early as 1863. The corporation´s name is an acronym consisting of the two founders, the businessman and alpinist Julius EDELmann, and the technician Carl RIDer. Originally, the company started as a braid and cord factory. As soon as 1880, Edelrid presented the first braided fishing lines in Berlin, Germany. However, it took a couple of decades until the first watershed innovation was born. Edelrid left its first lasting footprint in the realm of outdoor equipment in 1953 with the invention of the nuclear coat rope.
This invention revolutionized the belaying devices in mountaineering because the hemp rope, which had been used up to that point, would soon become obsolete. Also, the nuclear coat rope prevented the relatively frequent rope cracks and, thus, significantly increased climbing´s safety aspect. The nuclear coat rope, until this very day, is considered as the industrial standard for all alpine ropes. In 1964, Edelrid developed the first energy-rope, also known as the multi-fall-rope. This is when the dynamic alpine rope, in the form you know it today, was introduced into the market. Only one year later, Edelrid developed the first roping harness (initially just for the chest area). At the same time, Edelrid was working on a wing harness, which would pave new ways in the scope of rock climbing in the 70s, so, the numbers and demands of levels of difficulty began to soar.
The post-1973 era: Edelrid becomes a global player in mountaineering
In 1973, the same year when Edelrid´s factory completely burnt down, the company presented the first quickdraw. In 1977, Edelrid introduced the technique of crafting twin strands, which was adopted as the standard all over the world concerning the production of ropes. Always focusing on the innovative pulse of the present, Edelrid, in 1994, realizes that canyoning will become a very popular sport and develops the first buoyant rope for this activity. A mere two years later, Edelrid developed an indoor climbing rope for the demanding challenges of climbing gyms.
In 2007, the Madillo followed, the first foldable climbing helmet. In 2017, Edelrid bought Red Chili, yet, their products continue to be distributed under the brand name of Red Chili. Despite all of this innovative power, Edelrid still doesn´t miss out on focusing on environmental issues.
In 2009 and as the very first rope manufacturer, Edelrid fulfilled the demands of the environmental standard bluesign®. Edelrid´s whole production chain was awarded with this label: from the choice of the fibers to the production and sale of the ropes. Multiple millions of meters of climbing ropes are produced by Edelrid each and every year. Every single one of these meters is bluesign® certified. Due to this approach, resources and the environment are greatly preserved. Edelrid, of course, does not only operate like this concerning the production of ropes. After all, you will find almost all the products you need for climbing.
Edelrid´s equipment has been awarded on a regular basis throughout the past decades. That way, a small company, which had once started with cords and fishing lines, has become one of the most innovative and modern mountaineering manufacturers in the world.