Edelrid is a technology specialist in the three market segments Climbing, Safety und Industry. The market segments have grown out of our core competence of textile product manufacturing (braiding, weaving and sewing). This area makes up the corner stone of their business today.
- newEdelridSpiderpicks Grödel44,95 €
- - 11 %newEdelrid6 Point Grödel Lead44,95 €39,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridNineteen G Sixpack Carabiner59,95 €53,95 €
- newEdelridWork Glove Open II Via Ferrata Gloves Titan24,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridTech Web 12mm Sling7,95 €7,15 €
- - 10 %newEdelridTabular Sling Rope5,50 €4,95 €
- - 14 %newEdelrid110cm adjustable Belay Station Sling Slate34,95 €29,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridDyneema 8mm Sling Rope9,95 €8,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelrid6mm Aramid Cord Sling Rope11,50 €10,35 €
- - 10 %newEdelridHard Line Sling Rope Blue19,95 €17,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridRap Line Protect Pro Dry 6 mm Sling Rope Icemint129,95 €116,95 €
- - 17 %newEdelridOhm Belay Resistor Oasis119,95 €99,95 €
- - 15 %newEdelridCrux III Boulder Crashpad Night-Oasis399,95 €339,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridMagnum Triple HMS Carabiner Night21,95 €19,75 €
- - 10 %newEdelridJayne Harness Mint Women59,95 €53,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridJay Harness Green Pepper Men59,95 €53,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridFinn Harness Icemint Kids49,95 €44,95 €
- - 13 %newEdelridSendero Harness Lapis Blue79,95 €69,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridFraggle III Harness Icemint Kids59,95 €53,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridLoopo Lite Harness Snow59,95 €53,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridAutana Harness Jade Women79,95 €71,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridMission Set Sling Rope Silver / Icemint29,95 €26,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridPure Bent II Carabiner Oasis8,95 €8,05 €
- - 10 %newEdelridSpoc Pulley Oasis64,95 €58,45 €
- - 10 %newEdelridMicro S Gear Carabiner3,50 €3,15 €
- - 11 %newEdelridMago 8 Figure 8 Icemint17,95 €15,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridMicro O Equipment Carabiner2,95 €2,65 €
- - 22 %newEdelridBoa 9,8 mm Rope Blue114,95 €89,95 €
- - 11 %newEdelridEagle Lite Pro Dry 9,5mm Rope Neon Coral189,95 €169,95 €
- - 11 %newEdelridSwift 48 Pro Dry 8,9 mm Rope Icemint189,95 €169,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridCaddy Ropebag49,95 €44,95 €
- - 11 %newEdelridSwift 48 Pro Dry 8,9 mm Rope Pink189,95 €169,95 €
- - 10 %newEdelridGas Cartridges 100 g / 230 g / 450 g Cooking Accessories6,50 €5,85 €
- - 10 %newEdelridGiga Jul Tube / Belay Device Slate64,95 €58,45 €
- - 24 %newEdelridSlash Wire Set of 5 Quickdraw Night Oasis65,95 €49,95 €
- - 13 %newEdelridPrisma Guide Harness Light Grey79,95 €69,95 €
Why is Edelrid a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
Sustainability is a mainstay of the company's philosophy. Abiding by its guiding principle, Edelrid treats the environment and its employees and customers with respect, always with an eye on sustainability. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, the mountain sports specialist stands out in the following ways:
- The company is committed to accountability throughout the supply chain
- It prides itself on ecologically friendly, resource-saving production and is a bluesign system partner
- As part of the Vaude Group, Edelrid pursues ambitious sustainability goals
Edelrid: Made in Germany – not just a slogan, but a promise
Over 150 years of Edelrid equates to 150 years of enthusiasm for mountain sports, inventiveness and Made in Germany. Based in Isny in the Allgäu region of Germany, Edelrid produces almost 60 percent of its product portfolio in Germany, thereby remaining loyal to Germany as a production location. Edelrid has been EMAS-certified since 2010, verifying the company’s continuous efforts to improve its environmental performance: “As an ecology-oriented company, we want to reduce resource consumption and emissions to ensure sustainable corporate development.” Ecological responsibility is taken very seriously – from production to recycling: Since 2009, Edelrid, as the first rope manufacturer worldwide, has been producing dynamic ropes according to the bluesign system, which consistently checks to make sure products are free from harmful substances. All the other ropes and reeving cords have been produced according to the bluesign system since the fall of 2011, and the sewing shop in Isny has also been audited by bluesign since the summer of 2013. In 2018, Edelrid was the first company in the world to produce ropes with PFC-free impregnation
Edelrid – tradition meets innovation
Edelrid, having been in existence for over 150 years, stands out due to the passion and excitement for mountaineering, the sheer infinite inventive genius, and countless groundbreaking innovations. Edelrid is looking back at a rather eventful history. In 1973, the company experienced a horrific fire that destroyed the whole factory. The only things that were left, were those in the minds of the employees. At first, it remained unclear if the company would survive at all. However, in mid-1974, after a couple of makeshifts, Edelrid was able to return to the regular working routine. Since 2006, Edelrid has been part of the VAUDE Group and, today, has more than 150 employees. The majority of the production, approximately 60 percent of the added value, is “made in Germany”.
Edelrid was founded as early as 1863. The corporation´s name is an acronym consisting of the two founders, the businessman and alpinist Julius EDELmann, and the technician Carl RIDer. Originally, the company started as a braid and cord factory. As soon as 1880, Edelrid presented the first braided fishing lines in Berlin, Germany. However, it took a couple of decades until the first watershed innovation was born. Edelrid left its first lasting footprint in the realm of outdoor equipment in 1953 with the invention of the nuclear coat rope.
This invention revolutionized the belaying devices in mountaineering because the hemp rope, which had been used up to that point, would soon become obsolete. Also, the nuclear coat rope prevented the relatively frequent rope cracks and, thus, significantly increased climbing´s safety aspect. The nuclear coat rope, until this very day, is considered as the industrial standard for all alpine ropes. In 1964, Edelrid developed the first energy-rope, also known as the multi-fall-rope. This is when the dynamic alpine rope, in the form you know it today, was introduced into the market. Only one year later, Edelrid developed the first roping harness (initially just for the chest area). At the same time, Edelrid was working on a wing harness, which would pave new ways in the scope of rock climbing in the 70s, so, the numbers and demands of levels of difficulty began to soar.
The post-1973 era: Edelrid becomes a global player in mountaineering
In 1973, the same year when Edelrid´s factory completely burnt down, the company presented the first quickdraw. In 1977, Edelrid introduced the technique of crafting twin strands, which was adopted as the standard all over the world concerning the production of ropes. Always focusing on the innovative pulse of the present, Edelrid, in 1994, realizes that canyoning will become a very popular sport and develops the first buoyant rope for this activity. A mere two years later, Edelrid developed an indoor climbing rope for the demanding challenges of climbing gyms.
In 2007, the Madillo followed, the first foldable climbing helmet. In 2017, Edelrid bought Red Chili, yet, their products continue to be distributed under the brand name of Red Chili. Despite all of this innovative power, Edelrid still doesn´t miss out on focusing on environmental issues. Edelrid´s equipment has been awarded on a regular basis throughout the past decades. That way, a small company, which had once started with cords and fishing lines, has become one of the most innovative and modern mountaineering manufacturers in the world.