Black Diamond is all about climbing and skiing. The products made by the mountain sports specialist stand for exceptional performance – but not at the expense of our natural environment.
- newBlack DiamondUncut White Gold Chalk2,45 €Basic price: 43.75 € / Kilogramm
- newBlack DiamondSTS Kit Skin Accessories19,95 €
- - 11 %newBlack DiamondExpress 16 cm Ice ScrewMSRP 61,95 €54,95 €
- newBlack DiamondSchutzkappe / Ice Axe Protector6,95 €
- newBlack DiamondWhite Gold Shot Chalk4,95 €Basic price: 99 € / Kilogramm
- newBlack DiamondCamalot C4 Friend74,95 €
- newBlack DiamondPowder Baskets Pole Accessories9,95 €
- newBlack DiamondCrampons Bag Orange16,95 €
- newBlack DiamondTeleKneesis Kneepads Telemark Accessories49,95 €
- newBlack DiamondSpike Ice Axe Protector4,95 €
- newBlack DiamondCheat Sheets Skin Accessories19,95 €
- - 6 %newBlack DiamondAscension Nylon 133 mm Climbing SkinsMSRP 159,95 €149,95 €
- newBlack DiamondWhite Gold 200 g Chalk White7,95 €Basic price: 39.75 € / Kilogramm
- newBlack DiamondForearm Forearm Trainer Blue6,50 €
- newBlack DiamondJetforce Pro 35 Avalanche Backpack (Electronic) Black1239,95 €
- newBlack DiamondJetforce Pro 25 Avalanche Backpack (Electronic) Black1219,95 €
- - 17 %newBlack DiamondFirst Strike Pole Fjord Blue KidsMSRP 59,95 €49,95 €
- newBlack DiamondCrag Via Ferrata Gloves Black24,95 €
- - 10 %newBlack DiamondExpress 13 cm Ice ScrewMSRP 60,95 €54,95 €
- newBlack DiamondWind Hood Softshell Gloves Smoke49,95 €
- - 11 %newBlack DiamondTraverse PoleMSRP 89,95 €79,95 €
- - 8 %newBlack DiamondExpedition 3 PoleMSRP 119,95 €109,95 €
- newBlack DiamondJetforce Pro Booster Zip On Red59,95 €
- - 11 %newBlack DiamondLitewire Rackpack CarabinerMSRP 44,95 €39,95 €
- - 14 %newBlack DiamondDistance 8 Running Backpack BlackMSRP 139,95 €119,95 €
- - 12 %newBlack DiamondCirque 22 Ski Vest Backpack BlackMSRP 169,95 €149,95 €
- newBlack DiamondGold Label Adhesive 82 ml Kleber Skin Accessories14,95 €Basic price: 182.32 € / Liter
- - 7 %newBlack DiamondJetforce Pro Split 25 Avalanche Backpack (Electronic) BlackMSRP 1239,95 €1149,95 €
- - 18 %newBlack DiamondWomen's Trail Pole WomenMSRP 109,95 €89,95 €
- - 14 %newBlack DiamondCompactor PoleMSRP 139,95 €119,95 €
- - 17 %newBlack DiamondSabretooth Pro Crampons SilberMSRP 179,95 €149,95 €
- - 29 %newBlack DiamondSerac Clip CramponsMSRP 169,95 €119,95 €
- - 13 %newBlack DiamondDistance 15 Running Backpack BluebirdMSRP 159,95 €139,95 €
- newBlack DiamondJetforce Pro 10 Avalanche Backpack (Electronic) Black1199,95 €
- newBlack DiamondSkin Tail Clips Skin Accessories14,95 €
- - 15 %newBlack DiamondWhippet Pole AccessoriesMSRP 64,95 €54,95 €
Why is Black Diamond a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
From its headquarters in Utah/USA to its dealers and partners, the mountain sports specialist is committed to assuming maximum social and environmental responsibility. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, Black Diamond stands out in the following ways:
- The company is committed to accountability throughout the supply chain
- It prides itself on ecologically friendly, resource-saving production
- Black Diamond is driving improvements in working conditions at its production sites
Committed to the environment and people
Back in 1972 already, Black Diamond vowed to protect our breathtaking natural environment. Today, the company’s activities are guided by this philosophy more than ever before: “We believe that it is our responsibility to produce the best-possible equipment, but also to go a step further and minimize adverse impacts on the environment.” Thus, the company’s headquarters in Salt Lake City covering 12,000 square meters are highly energy efficient, even boasting their own photovoltaic system. This is supported by extensive recycling of raw materials and waste, which has already saved 1.67 tons of CO2 at the main site. Black Diamond persistently drives compliance with social standards during production. As a founding member of the Outdoor Industry Association “Fair Labor Working Group” in 2005, Black Diamond has helped put a focus on the need to raise awareness of tried and tested methods for meeting social compliance standards in the outdoor industry. The company is also committed to equal rights and integration, both in the outdoors and in our outdoor sports
Black Diamond´s beginnings
Self-reliance is the key. This is exactly what Yvon Chouinard had in mind in the late 1950s, when he began to single-handedly craft pitons for his climbing adventures. Thanks to the great quality, the word of which spread within the scene like a wildfire, Chouinard sold those immediately to his fellow climbers out of the trunk of his car. At the time, he was one of the leading climbers of the early heyday of Yosemite-climbing. What emerged in later years was Chouinard Equipment, Ltd. In 1989, the company was renamed as Black Diamond. Today, Black Diamond is considered as one of the leading brands for high-quality mountaineering equipment – all over the world. Branches in Europe and Asia, such as in Innsbruck and Zhuhai, document this claim.
Helio touring ski: freetouring at its best
Even the ambitious ski tourer will not be able to bypass Black Diamond. The new free-touring philosophy comes into play in the Helio series. This means a generous centre width (here 88 to 116 mm) combined with low weight. Perfect for longer, demanding ascents and powder-oriented downhill fun. Black Diamond also supplies everything else that goes with it: climbing skins, ski boots, poles, avalanche shovel, avalanche probes, airbag backpacks... Black Diamond's goal is to create the best possible equipment for a maximum mountain sports adventure.
Climbing specialist of the very first hour
Of course, the same principle goes for endeavours without skis. Whenever a climber or mountaineer conquers walls and ridges, Black Diamond is way up the ladder. After all, no one makes a fool out of the Americans in terms of climbing hardware. Here also, Black Diamond´s claim is to offer high-end material for all things alpine: from ice climbing to sport climbing, indoors and outdoors alike, from fixed rope routes all the way to rather classic alpine multipitch routes.
Consequently, you are all covered with Black Diamond´s product range: harnesses, carabiners, belaying devices, hexentrics, helmets, leashes, climbing backpacks, crampons, ice screws, and additional climbing accessories. All of this makes Black Diamond a true specialist in the realm of climbing equipment.
Black Diamond´s classics
A few Black Diamond models have become classics and set standards within a very short time. The Black Diamond Couloir climbing harness, for example, or the Black Diamond Vapor climbing helmet, to name just two particularly popular models. They illustrate the Black Diamond philosophy well: high functionality and low weight with an appealing design. You simply notice that the product developers not only have the necessary expertise, but can also implement it impressively for the ambitious amateur athlete.
This mountaineering know-how can also be found within the company´s clothing. Black Diamond is increasingly developing into a full-range supplier of outdoor and mountain sports clothing, which even includes hard and soft shells. Besides gloves, which have been playing an important role within the product range for a long time, Black Diamond fans can now enjoy jackets, pants, shirts, hoodies, and beanies.