Black Diamond is all about climbing and skiing. The products made by the mountain sports specialist stand for exceptional performance – but not at the expense of our natural environment.
Black Diamond Highlights
- - 20 %newBlack DiamondWomen's Trail Pro Pole Women124,95 €99,95 €
- newBlack DiamondWhite Gold 300 g Chalk White11,95 €
- newBlack DiamondWhite Gold Shot Chalk4,95 €
- newBlack DiamondWhite Gold 200 g Chalk White7,95 €
- - 13 %newBlack DiamondLink Personal Anchor Sling Red/White/Black39,95 €34,95 €
- - 13 %newBlack DiamondVaporlock Screwgate Carabiner Dark Grey/Yellow14,95 €12,95 €
- - 10 %newBlack DiamondGridlock HMS Carabiner Dark Grey Red19,95 €17,95 €
- - 13 %newBlack DiamondUltralight 16 cm Ice Screw79,95 €69,95 €
- - 10 %newBlack DiamondATC Alpine Guide Tube Envy Green29,95 €26,95 €
- - 10 %newBlack DiamondATC Guide Tube Black29,95 €26,95 €
- - 13 %newBlack DiamondAlpin FLZ Pole159,95 €139,95 €
- - 9 %newBlack DiamondHalf Dome Climbing Helmet Slate54,95 €49,95 €
- - 9 %newBlack DiamondHalf Dome Climbing Helmet Denim54,95 €49,95 €
- - 9 %newBlack DiamondHalf Dome Climbing Helmet Caspian Women54,95 €49,95 €
- newBlack DiamondForearm Forearm Trainer Blue6,50 €
- - 14 %newBlack DiamondVapor Climbing Helmet Blizzard-White139,95 €119,95 €
- newBlack DiamondUncut White Gold Chalk1,80 €
- newBlack DiamondSchutzkappe / Ice Axe Protector6,95 €
- newBlack DiamondSpike Ice Axe Protector4,95 €
- - 12 %newBlack DiamondRaven Ultra Ice Axe Ice Axe84,95 €74,95 €
- - 20 %newBlack DiamondTrail Pro Pole124,95 €99,95 €
- - 14 %newBlack DiamondSerac Strap Crampons139,95 €119,95 €
- newBlack DiamondCrag Via Ferrata Gloves Black24,95 €
- - 12 %newBlack DiamondLitewire Quickpack 12 cm Quickdraw84,95 €74,95 €
- - 17 %newBlack DiamondTrail Pole89,95 €74,95 €
- - 17 %newBlack DiamondWomen's Trail Pole Women89,95 €74,95 €
- - 14 %newBlack DiamondWomen's Trail Ergo Cork Pole Women109,95 €94,95 €
- - 17 %newBlack DiamondNylon 140cm Daisy Chain Red17,95 €14,95 €
- - 13 %newBlack DiamondSet Classic 5-11 Nuts79,95 €69,95 €
- newBlack DiamondGold Label Adhesive 82 ml Kleber Skin Accessories14,95 €
- - 10 %newBlack DiamondWiregate Nut Tool19,95 €17,95 €
- newBlack DiamondCrag Half-Finger Via Ferrata Gloves Black19,95 €
- - 9 %newBlack DiamondOffset Set 7-11 Nuts74,95 €67,95 €
- newBlack DiamondCrag Half-Finger Via Ferrata Glove Bordeaux Women19,95 €
- newBlack DiamondGlob Stopper Skin Accessories11,95 €
- newBlack DiamondCrag Via Ferrata Gloves Bordeaux Women24,95 €
Why is Black Diamond a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
From its headquarters in Utah/USA to its dealers and partners, the mountain sports specialist is committed to assuming maximum social and environmental responsibility. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, Black Diamond stands out in the following ways:
- The company is committed to accountability throughout the supply chain
- It prides itself on ecologically friendly, resource-saving production
- Black Diamond is driving improvements in working conditions at its production sites
Committed to the environment and people
Back in 1972 already, Black Diamond vowed to protect our breathtaking natural environment. Today, the company’s activities are guided by this philosophy more than ever before: “We believe that it is our responsibility to produce the best-possible equipment, but also to go a step further and minimize adverse impacts on the environment.” Thus, the company’s headquarters in Salt Lake City covering 12,000 square meters are highly energy efficient, even boasting their own photovoltaic system. This is supported by extensive recycling of raw materials and waste, which has already saved 1.67 tons of CO2 at the main site. Black Diamond persistently drives compliance with social standards during production. As a founding member of the Outdoor Industry Association “Fair Labor Working Group” in 2005, Black Diamond has helped put a focus on the need to raise awareness of tried and tested methods for meeting social compliance standards in the outdoor industry. The company is also committed to equal rights and integration, both in the outdoors and in our outdoor sports
Black Diamond´s beginnings
Self-reliance is the key. This is exactly what Yvon Chouinard had in mind in the late 1950s, when he began to single-handedly craft pitons for his climbing adventures. Thanks to the great quality, the word of which spread within the scene like a wildfire, Chouinard sold those immediately to his fellow climbers out of the trunk of his car. At the time, he was one of the leading climbers of the early heyday of Yosemite-climbing. What emerged in later years was Chouinard Equipment, Ltd. In 1989, the company was renamed as Black Diamond. Today, Black Diamond is considered as one of the leading brands for high-quality mountaineering equipment – all over the world. Branches in Europe and Asia, such as in Innsbruck and Zhuhai, document this claim.
Helio touring ski: freetouring at its best
Even the ambitious ski tourer will not be able to bypass Black Diamond. The new free-touring philosophy comes into play in the Helio series. This means a generous centre width (here 88 to 116 mm) combined with low weight. Perfect for longer, demanding ascents and powder-oriented downhill fun. Black Diamond also supplies everything else that goes with it: climbing skins, ski boots, poles, avalanche shovel, avalanche probes, airbag backpacks... Black Diamond's goal is to create the best possible equipment for a maximum mountain sports adventure.
Climbing specialist of the very first hour
Of course, the same principle goes for endeavours without skis. Whenever a climber or mountaineer conquers walls and ridges, Black Diamond is way up the ladder. After all, no one makes a fool out of the Americans in terms of climbing hardware. Here also, Black Diamond´s claim is to offer high-end material for all things alpine: from ice climbing to sport climbing, indoors and outdoors alike, from fixed rope routes all the way to rather classic alpine multipitch routes.
Consequently, you are all covered with Black Diamond´s product range: harnesses, carabiners, belaying devices, hexentrics, helmets, leashes, climbing backpacks, crampons, ice screws, and additional climbing accessories. All of this makes Black Diamond a true specialist in the realm of climbing equipment.
Black Diamond´s classics
A few Black Diamond models have become classics and set standards within a very short time. The Black Diamond Couloir climbing harness, for example, or the Black Diamond Vapor climbing helmet, to name just two particularly popular models. They illustrate the Black Diamond philosophy well: high functionality and low weight with an appealing design. You simply notice that the product developers not only have the necessary expertise, but can also implement it impressively for the ambitious amateur athlete.
This mountaineering know-how can also be found within the company´s clothing. Black Diamond is increasingly developing into a full-range supplier of outdoor and mountain sports clothing, which even includes hard and soft shells. Besides gloves, which have been playing an important role within the product range for a long time, Black Diamond fans can now enjoy jackets, pants, shirts, hoodies, and beanies.