Product details: Petzl Grigri Belay Device Grau
Designed for the experienced belayer, the Petzl Grigri is a belay device with assisted braking designed for belaying both in the climbing hall and at the crag. Compact and lightweight, it can be used with single ropes from 8,5 to 11 mm. The assisted braking function improves comfort while belaying, holding a climber or catching a fall. The design of the handled camming mechanism enables exceptional descent control.
The rope is guided into the device and one hand is always on the brake rope. If the climber falls, the device rotates on the carabiner, the rope tightens and the clamping mechanism engages the rope to brake it. The hand supports the clamping mechanism by holding the brake rope.
• Hand grips as on all belay devices
• Securing comfort due to braking force support
• Installation on the rope is shown on the belay device
• Smooth, comfortable lowering
• Easy handling, allows belaying in lead and top rope
• Optimal balance between weight savings (175 g), compact design and robust construction
• Certifications: CE EN 15151-1, UIAA
Material: Aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced polyamide handle