Hikking- and Trekking boots
- - 40 %newAdidasTerrex Free Hiker Parley Hiking and trekking boots Core Black / Solid Grey / Real Gold Women199,95 €119,90 €
- - 10 %newLowaKody III GTX® Mid Junior Hiking Boots Navy / Türkis Kids119,95 €107,95 €
- - 23 %newLowaCamino GTX WXL Hiking & Trekking Boots Dunkelgrau/Schwarz Men259,95 €200,15 €
- - 23 %newMeindlAntelao GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Anthrazit / Rot Men239,95 €184,75 €
- - 25 %newMeindlTessin GTX Identity Hiking Boots Dunkelbraun Women239,95 €179,90 €
- - 23 %newLowaRenegade GTX Mid Trekking- Hikingboots Espresso/Berry Women199,95 €153,95 €
- - 25 %newMeindlIsland MFS Active GTX Trekking Boots Brown Men279,90 €209,90 €
- - 26 %newHanwagAlta Bunion Hallux Leather Trekking- Hikingboots Erde Women229,95 €169,90 €
- - 23 %newMeindlTessin Identity GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Dunkelbraun Men239,95 €184,75 €
- - 23 %newLowaMauria -Wide- Trekking- Hikingboots Blau/Bordeaux Women259,95 €199,90 €
- - 30 %newLowaRenegade Mid GTX -extra wide- Trekking- Hikingboots Espresso / Braun Men200,00 €139,95 €
- - 23 %newLowaTicam II GTX® WXL Hiking Boots Schwarz/Grün Men269,95 €207,85 €
- - 10 %newMeindlMinnesota Junior GTX® Hiking Boots Lemon / Grau Kids99,95 €89,95 €
- - 26 %newLowaLady Light GTX® Hiking Boots Blau Women229,95 €169,90 €
- - 23 %newMeindlTauern II GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Dunkelbraun Men239,95 €184,75 €
- - 10 %newLowaKody III GTX® Mid Junior Hiking Boots Anthrazit / Gelb Kids119,95 €107,95 €
- - 23 %newLowaTrekker Trekking- Hikingboots Schiefer Men259,95 €199,90 €
- - 23 %newLowaLady III GTX Hiking Boots Navy Women259,95 €199,90 €
- - 23 %newMeindlGuffert GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Braun Men289,95 €223,25 €
- - 23 %newLowaRenegade GTX Mid Hiking Boots Anthrazit/Mandarin Women199,95 €153,95 €
- - 23 %newLowaRenegade GTX Mid Trekking- Hikingboots Black / Winered Women200,00 €154,00 €
- - 23 %newMeindlX-SO 70 Lady Mid GTX® Surround Trekking Boots Türkis / Anthrazit Women199,95 €153,95 €
- - 23 %newMeindlAir Revolution 2.3 GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Orange / Anthrazit Men249,95 €192,45 €
- - 23 %newMeindlVakuum Lady Sport III GTX® Trekking & Hikingboots Blau/Türkis Women259,95 €200,15 €
- - 27 %newHanwagBanks GTX Trekking- Hikingboots Asphalt / Ocean Women219,95 €159,90 €
- - 23 %newLowaLavena II GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Schiefer / Beere Women269,95 €207,85 €
- - 23 %newLowaMauria GTX® Lady Trekking- Hikingboots Schiefer / Türkis Women259,95 €200,15 €
- - 23 %newMeindlLitepeak GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Brombeer / Orange Women239,95 €184,75 €
- - 10 %newMeindlLitepeak GTX® Hiking Boot Petrol / Lemon Kids119,90 €107,90 €
- - 23 %newMeindlLitepeak Lady GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Grau / Türkis Women239,95 €184,75 €
- - 23 %newMeindlMinnesota Pro GTX® Hiking Boots Nachtblau/Türkis Women219,95 €169,35 €
- - 23 %newHanwagTatra Light GTX® - Wide - Trekking- Hikingboots Black / Asphalt Men239,95 €184,75 €
- - 23 %newMeindlMinnesota Pro GTX® Trekking- Hikingboots Anthrazit/Gelb Men219,95 €169,35 €
- - 25 %newHanwagLhasa II Yak Lederfutter Trekking- Hikingboots Chestnut / Asphalt Women279,95 €209,00 €
- - 23 %newMeindlBadile Trekking- Hikingboots Braun Men279,95 €215,55 €
- - 23 %newHanwagBanks Lederfutter Trekking- Hikingboots Mocca / Asphalt Men219,95 €169,35 €
More Hiking- and trekking boots
Hitting the mountains with friends, with your family, your partner or simply by yourself – and of course with your hiking boots. Hiking is a wonderful thing to do, so relaxing and an exciting way of becoming part of our nature, reaching new summits and peaks and finding adventurous new trails. But only with a trekking boot that really fits, otherwise it will sooner or later become quite uncomfortable with blisters and pain.
Your trekking boot is not a mountaineering boot
A hiking or trekking boot is not the same as a mountaineering boot, although some people might think so. The areas of use are different, as are construction of the shoe. The mountaineering boot is extremely robust and stable and usually quite heavy. The hiking boot is also very robust and stable, but a bit more flexible, softer and weighs less. Trekking boots are used on regular hikes, be it your local mountain or a pilgrim’s route. The mountaineering boot on the other hand is used for rougher terrain and for ice climbing.
So what is so special about a hiking or trekking boot?
Why use this footwear for the mountains? Trekking boots give you more stability than for example a running shoe. This is because the area around your ankle is supported better, the shoe is more stable and the sole has a profile to match the mountains.
There are those with a lower stem which are great for forest and gravel paths. They are also good as approach shoes or when going on via ferratas. And those with a higher stem are better for steeper terrain.
When it comes to the shock absorption of the shoe, there are softer models and less softer ones. Those who have more dampening are more comfortable but you will have less feel for the ground with them. Less dampening means a more direct transfer of power.
Now on to the material. Hiking boots are made of either leather or synthetic leather. Both keep you relatively warm in winter, but real leather will also cool you off properly in summer. But synthetic leather is faster to dry, which is a great advantage when sweating in summer.
Last but not least: the sole of the hiking boot. It is mostly a so-called Vibram sole. You will easily recognize these by their yellow logo on the bottom. They offer the perfect combination of stability on the ground, abrasion-resistance and comfort. These soles do not wear out and are produced based on the vulcanization technology.
Hiking boots for all your needs
Many hiking boots are crampon-compatible, meaning you can put crampons onto them. Most are also water-proof thanks to Gore-Tex materials. The climbing zone in the tip of the shoe, which many have, is good for stability and protects your shoes from abrasion, especially when doing via ferratas. What else do you need for your tours in trekking shoes? For sure proper outdoor apparel and a good backpack!
Read more regarding hiking boots
©Hiking boots by Hanwag ©Hiking boots close-up by Cristoffer Sjöström