Product details: Mammut Smart 2.0 Screwgate HMS Carabiner Grey
The Mammut HMS carabiner with safety mechanism against accidental cross loads.
The further development of the popular belay carabiner convinces with an improved design, higher breaking load and less weight. What remains is double safety with easy handling. The screwgate can only be operated if the Safety Gate has also been opened. Accidental opening is just as impossible as unintentional twisting of the carabiner in the belay loop of the climbing harness.
This prevents dangerous loads in the transverse direction. For the Smart 2.0 belay device, Mammut recommends the use of the Smart HMS 2.0 carabiner.
• Safety Gate to secure the carabiner in the correct position.
• Optimized design for smooth belaying and longer service life
• Keylock nose for easy hooking and unhooking without snagging
• Safety mechanism prevents cross loading
• High security with easy action
• Screwgate opens only when safe gate is open
• Cut shape: Basic
• Height 119 mm / width 77 mm
• Breaking force lengthwise: 28 kN
• Breaking force open: 6 kN
• Breaking load transverse: 11 KN