Light my fire
The outdoor accessories of the Swedish company Light my Fire stand for inventiveness, original design and sustainability - to be more precise: for food containers and cutlery made of bio-based plastic obtained from agricultural waste.
- - 31 %Light My FireMyCup'n Lid Bio Original Cup HazyblueMSRP 12,95 €8,95 €One size
- - 30 %Light My FireSpork'n Straw Bio Cutlery HazyblueMSRP 6,95 €4,85 €One size
- - 40 %Light My FireStackLid Bio Plate SandygreenMSRP 5,95 €3,55 €One size
- - 40 %Light My FirePack-Up Cup HazyblueMSRP 7,95 €4,75 €One size
- - 40 %Light My FireStackPlate Bio Plate HazyblueMSRP 5,95 €3,55 €One size
- - 40 %Light My FireStackPlate Bio Plate DusytpinkMSRP 5,95 €3,55 €One size
- - 40 %Light My FireStackPlate Bio Plate SandygreenMSRP 5,95 €3,55 €One size
- - 30 %Light My FireMyCup'n Lid Bio Original Cup DustypinkMSRP 10,95 €7,65 €One size
- - 30 %Light My FireMyCup'n Lid Cup SandygreenMSRP 10,95 €7,65 €One size
- - 30 %Light My FirePlus Bio Cutting Board Cooking Accessories SandygreenMSRP 4,95 €3,45 €One size
- - 40 %Light My FirePack'n'Eat Kit Bio 2 People Dishes SandygreenMSRP 36,95 €22,15 €One size
- - 30 %Light My FirePicnic for 2 Dishes Cocoa'n CreamMSRP 38,95 €27,25 €One size
- - 31 %Light My FireMyCup'n Lid Bio Original Cup CreamMSRP 12,95 €8,95 €One size
- - 30 %Light My FireSpork Large Serving Bio Bulk Cutlery Sandy GreenMSRP 5,95 €4,15 €One size
Why is Light my Fire a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
Light my Fire was founded as a fair trade company and follows the philosophy: "Be the change you want to see in the world". As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, the Swedish family-owned company is characterized primarily by the following points:
- Light my Fire is committed to responsibility throughout its supply chain and uses only bio-based plastics
- The company demonstrably promotes fair working conditions
- Light my Fire produces 90 % of all products in its own factory in Sweden, 10 % in other Swedish factories and 10 % in Honduras and China
Igniting dreams today and tomorrow
In 1995, Michael Odqvist founded Light my Fire with the idea of marketing traditional Mayan sticks for making fire in Sweden. What made them so special was that the fire sticks were traditionally made from waste from felled pine trees. Fair trade production meant that 400 Mayan families earned enough to send their children to school. Since then, Light my Fire has offered products that connect us to nature.
Since 2019, Light my Fire has relied exclusively on bio-based plastics made from biological resources derived from agricultural waste for its durable outdoor accessories. Used are: Wood fibers from PEFC-certified wood waste from Germany. Non-GMO corn-based organic fibers from Europe, as a byproduct of the food industry. And certified sugar cane ethanol granulate from sustainable agriculture in Brazil. In doing so, Light my Fire is committed to the circular economy: "In using renewable organic matter we engage in a regenerative cycle that is not only sustainable but an excellent substitute to fossil fuel dependency."