United by blue
- - 20 %newUnited By BlueMeal Kit Dishes Classic Blue / Fresh AirMSRP 39,95 €31,95 €
- - 20 %newUnited By Blue473 ml Stoneware Mug Sea Glass / WavesMSRP 21,95 €17,55 €
- - 20 %newUnited By Blue473 ml Stoneware Mug Caramel / SolsticeMSRP 21,95 €17,55 €
- - 20 %newUnited By Blue946 ml Steel Insulated Bottle Citrus / IvoryMSRP 38,95 €31,15 €
- - 20 %newUnited By Blue651 ml Steel Insulated Bottle Night SkyMSRP 33,95 €27,15 €
- - 20 %newUnited By Blue651 ml Steel Insulated Bottle Dive In / Pale PinkMSRP 33,95 €27,15 €
- - 20 %newUnited By Blue946 ml Steel Insulated Bottle Caramel / HorizonMSRP 38,95 €31,15 €
- - 20 %newUnited By Blue651 ml Steel Insulated Bottle Citrus / Coastal WatersMSRP 33,95 €27,15 €
- - 20 %newUnited By Blue946 ml Steel Insulated Bottle Moth / EbonyMSRP 38,95 €31,15 €
- - 40 %United By Blue946 ml "Mountains are Calling" Growler Bottle NavyMSRP 47,95 €28,75 €
Why is United By Blue a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
Since its inception, United By Blue has organized cleanup events to rid the ocean and land of plastic waste. The company’s goal: Quit Single Use of Plastic. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, United By Blue stands out in the following ways:
- The company is committed to accountability throughout the supply chain
- It promotes fair working conditions
- United By Blue is a certified B Corp company and conducts regular clean-ups
Get Dirty & Do Good
United By Blue’s philosophy can already be found in its slogan: Change Comes In Waves. For the brand, this has a lot to do with its own basic attitude − since the first shirt was sold, it has been organizing community cleanups and collecting waste on beaches and elsewhere in the countryside. Over 3.6 million pounds of waste have been removed this way so far. "Our dream is to eliminate the need for this mission one day, so our pursuit doesn’t stop at reusable trash bags. We prioritize sustainable materials and ethical manufacturing to lead the charge toward better business practices. We facilitate easy ways for our customers to generate less waste by creating products like reusable utensil kits."
Through its commitment to #QuitSingleUse, United By Blue is working to eliminate plastic from its own operations and all the products in its supply chain. Small milestones: The packaging used for textiles and diverse utensils is made of paper.
UNITED BY BLUE – WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?
The theme that you will find throughout all their products is nature: prints of water, trees and mountains. And this topic is not just limited to the designs. United by Blue also embodies nature in their philosophy – they certainly do an awesome job in their goal of preserving nature and set a great example for other brands!
This brand really puts itself out there with a unique statement: “We like getting our hands dirty”. And they certainly do, in a very good way even. First of all, they only use materials in their production process which keep the air, water and soil as clean as possible. Meaning, they mostly use organic cotton, wool and recycled polyester. But that is certainly not all there is to the brand!
UNITED BY BLUE IS A CERTIFIED B CORPORATION
Being part of the B Corporations defines United by Blue as a business that meets “the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability”. This includes the whole supply chain, starting with the recourses – and therefore the supplier – and goes all the way to the companies contact with its employees.
UNITED BY BLUE ORGANIZE REGULAR OCEAN AND WATERWAY CLEANUPS
For each product that this brand sells, they remove one pound of trash from the world’s oceans and waterways. And they actually do it themselves, everyone in the company supports this philosophy and helps cleaning! Be it plastic bags, tires, old kitchen appliances or bottles – it’s all just waste that does not belong in our oceans and this company really does a good job removing it. They also motivate customers, suppliers and many other people to join them.
The so-called clean-ups are organized on a regular basis. Additionally, there is a special event taking place once every year: the Blue Friday. Recognize the name? That’s because it is on the same day as the commonly known Black Friday. But rather than buying lots of cheap products, you go clean your local area!