The mantra of Capita is: "Anything is possible" and the team has made this a priority. Besides the design of innovative and cool snowboards, the sustainability aspect is so important that Capita has taken a pioneering role in the snowboard industry. The snowboards are handmade in the world's first 100% clean energy production facility using 98% locally sourced materials. This makes Capita a company that stands for sustainability with all its heart.
- - 50 %CapitaNeo Slasher 21/22 Splitboard Black / WhiteMSRP 769,95 €384,95 €Available Sizes:161
- newCapitaNavigator Split 23/24 Splitboard Multi Men999,95 €Available Sizes:151
- newCapitaBirds of a Feather Wide 23/24 Snowboard Multi Women559,95 €Available Sizes:148150
- newCapitaDefenders Of Awesome Wide 23/24 Snowboard Multi559,95 €Available Sizes:157
- newCapitaMercury 23/24 Snowboard Black/White639,95 €Available Sizes:150153155157159
- newCapitaMega Mercury 23/24 Snowboard Multi799,95 €Available Sizes:155157
- - 50 %CapitaNeo Slasher 22/23 Splitboard MenMSRP 799,95 €399,95 €Available Sizes:154158161
Why is Capita a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
The Capita Mothership is the world's most technologically advanced snowboard production facility. The snowboards are handmade in Austria with 100% clean energy. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, Capita is characterized by the following points in particular:
- The company is committed to responsibility throughout its supply chain.
- The company pursues environmentally friendly, resource-conserving production.
- Mothership has been awarded the Energy Globe Award for Austria.
Pionieering sustainable Snowboard production
The Capita Mothership is a marvel of clean energy generation. Electricity for all production processes – from the board presses to the sanding line – is generated via a hydro-activated NH3 thermal energy system in conjunction with a state-of-the-art solar panel system. The snowboards are handmade, with 98% of the materials sourced locally within a five-hour drive of the site in Feistritz an der Gail, Austria. To be precise, 50% of the materials come from Austria, 48% from Germany, Slovenia, and Italy.
For example, FSC-certified wood cores, plant-based bio-resins, water-based, UV-curable and solvent-free inks are used in printing, and non-toxic varnishes are used in applying the top layer. Recycled materials are also used in part for selected models. Since the founding of the production facility in Austria, Capita has offered modern workplaces, fair working conditions and has established itself internationally as an innovative snowboard specialist.