HIP & DRINK BELTS
- - 18 %newSalomonS/Race Insulated Drinking Belt Black84,95 €69,95 €
- - 17 %newSwixNorge Mix 1.0 L Drinking Belt Rot / Blau29,95 €24,95 €
- - 17 %newSwixRace X 1.0 L Drinking Belt Whtie29,95 €24,95 €
- - 17 %ScottTrail TR Drinking Belt Caviar Black / Sulphur Yellow29,95 €24,95 €
- newOne WayThermo Belt 900 ml Drinking Belt Flame29,95 €
- newFischerProfessional Drinking Belt Schwarz24,95 €
- - 10 %newFischerHydration Waistbag Drinking Belt Schwarz49,95 €44,95 €
- newSalomonRS Insulated Drinking Belt Black49,95 €
- newSalomonEscape Insulated Drinking Belt Black44,95 €
- newSalomonRS Thermobelt Drinking Belt Black44,95 €
- - 19 %newMadshusInsulated Drinking Belt Schrwarz31,95 €25,95 €
- - 20 %newSalomonSensibelt Drinking Belt Ebony44,95 €35,95 €
- - 20 %newSalomonSensibelt Drinking Belt Legion Blue / Black44,95 €35,95 €
- - 20 %newSalomonActive Drinking Belt Black / Ebony24,95 €19,95 €
- - 19 %newMadshusInsulated Drinking Belt Red31,95 €25,95 €
- - 20 %newSalomonSensibelt Drinking Belt Goji Berry44,95 €35,95 €
- newMadshusWaist Drinking Belt Black24,95 €
- - 20 %newSalomonPulse Belt Hip Bag Black29,95 €23,95 €
- - 20 %newSalomonPulse Belt Hip Bag Ebony29,95 €23,95 €
- - 20 %newSalomonSense Pro Belt Hip Bag Black39,95 €31,95 €
- - 20 %newSalomonSensibelt Drinking Belt Black44,95 €35,95 €
- - 10 %newDeuterPulse 1 Drinking Belt Black26,95 €24,25 €
- - 10 %newDeuterPulse 3 Drinking Belt Black54,95 €49,45 €
- - 10 %newDeuterPulse 1 Drinking Belt Bay26,95 €24,25 €
- newFjällrävenHigh Coast Hip Pack Hip Bag Shark Grey39,95 €
- newFjällrävenHigh Coast Hip Pack Hip Bag Navy39,95 €
- - 10 %newAlprauschBananä-Täschli Hip Bag Alperose64,95 €58,45 €
- - 10 %newAlprauschBananä-Täschli Hip Bag Blaue Sternehimmel64,95 €58,45 €
- - 23 %DeuterNeo Belt II Hip Bag Black / Azure21,95 €16,95 €
- - 33 %DynafitAlpine Running Hip Bag Black Out Women44,95 €29,95 €
- - 13 %DeuterTravel Belt 5 L Hip Bag Black39,95 €34,95 €
- - 13 %DeuterOrganizer Belt 1,8 L Hip Bag Maron21,90 €18,95 €
- - 12 %DeuterSecurity Money Belt II RFID Block Hip Bag Black31,90 €27,95 €
- - 20 %DeuterPulse 1 Drinking Belt Bay24,95 €19,95 €
- - 10 %Ultimate DirectionRace Belt 5.0 Hip Bag Cloud49,95 €44,95 €
- - 15 %ScottTrail RC TR' Belt Hip Bag Caviar Black / Sulphur Yellow44,95 €38,20 €
The hip bag is back! And not only in fashion, the hip bag is also great for outdoor and travel adventures. Because it is small, it is handy but still large enough to fit your keys, your phone and money, maybe some water, snacks, tools or even your jacket.
Why a hip bag and not a backpack?
The hip bag – most of the times – is quite a bit smaller. Depending on how much you want to stove in there and take with you, you pick the volume. This can be less than one liter, or up to 6 liters. The backpack starts at around 2 liters but goes up to more than 80. And obviously you will not need that much storage space for a one-day tour!
Another advantage of the hip bag is the additional safety it gives you. And this is great when travelling, especially when you go to cities or regions with a higher theft rate. Because with a backpack, you will always have your valuables behind you. With a hip bag they are so much closer to your body and you could also carry it in the front easily. Plus put it underneath your shirt or jacket.
The hip bag: great to store your valuables, clothing and water
Be it your energy bar, a ham sandwich or isogel, you can put your snacks in there. And most hip bags also have key rings and other handy compartments. If you get a larger hip bag, you can even put your rain jacket in there!
Another very important aspect is the function as a drink belt. Many hip bags have special compartments for your water bottle. Very often, the right water bottle is already included. There are also drink belts that are especially isolated to keep your drinks warm in winter and cold in summer.
As of this, the hip bag or drink belt is perfect for all kinds of sports. Hiking, cross-country skiing, trail running, biking and so many more..
What else can your hip bag do
A good-to-have detail when it is dark out are the reflective details. Also, you can of course adjust the hip bag to fit you well. The back part is usually cushioned for more comfort and light-weight material and mesh are used to keep the weight down. The weight obviously also depends on the size: could be easy 90g or more than 250g.
Last but not least, there are also holster hip bags. These serve the same cause but have a strap around the shoulder as well. These can be worn underneath your shirt very well!
Read more regarding hip and drinking belts
©Running with a hip bag by Lars Schneider