Back Country Access – well, the name says it all. This brand´s goal is to provide products which give you access to the backcountry with as much safety as possible.
- - 10 %BCATracker III Tracker BeaconMSRP 309,95 €279,95 €
- - 20 %BCADozer 1T Avalanche Shovel BlueMSRP 55,95 €44,95 €
- - 12 %BCATracker 4 Tracker BeaconMSRP 339,95 €299,95 €
- - 22 %BCADozer 2H Avalanche Shovel OrangeMSRP 76,95 €59,95 €
- - 36 %BCAStealth 270 ProbeMSRP 61,95 €39,95 €
- - 46 %BCAStealth 300 Carbon Probe BlackMSRP 91,95 €49,95 €
- BCAFloat (Self Refillable) Trigger Unit149,95 €
- - 23 %BCABC Link 2.0 EU Radio Avalanche Safety AccessoriesMSRP 154,95 €119,95 €
- - 20 %BCASlope Meter Avalanche Safety AccessoriesMSRP 24,95 €19,95 €
- - 40 %BCASnow Study Kit Avalanche Safety AccessoriesMSRP 99,95 €59,95 €
- - 19 %BCASnow Study Kit Avalanche Safety AccessoriesMSRP 123,95 €99,95 €
- BCAFloat E2 Turbo 25 Avalanche Backpack Black1249,95 €
- BCATS Rescue Package Tracker Beacon339,95 €
- BCAStealth 240 Probe49,95 €
- BCAStealth 240 Carbon Probe79,95 €
- BCAShaxe Speed Avalanche Shovel134,95 €
- - 13 %BCADozer 1T UL Avalanche Shovel GreenMSRP 79,95 €69,95 €
- - 8 %BCAScepter Carbon Pole BlackMSRP 119,95 €109,95 €
- BCAFloat (Self Refillable) Trigger Unit159,95 €
- BCAScepter Alu Pole Black / Orange81,95 €
- BCASlope Meter Avalanche Safety Accessories24,95 €
- BCAT4 Rescue Package Tracker Beacon419,95 €
- BCAShaxe Tech Avalanche Shovel174,95 €
- BCATracker S Tracker Beacon254,95 €
- BCAStealth 300 Probe64,95 €
- newBCAFloat E2 25 Avalanche Backpack Black1199,95 €
- BCAFloat E2 35 Avalanche Backpack Black1249,95 €
BCA - The most trusted name in backcountry safety
BCA was founded in Colorado and offers a variety of equipment from shovel and probe, to avalanche transceivers and avalanche backpacks, as well as a bunch of other tools and accessories for winter sports. BCA first released their first beacon, the Tracker DTS, in 1997. At that time, this avalanche transceiver became quite a success. It was reliable and very easy to use, even in the most stressful situations. This reliability and ease of use carried on into today. BCA then further developed their tracker into Tracker 2 and Tracker 3. Both being equipped with 3 antennas, as is today’s standard. Especially the Tacker 3 offers a great ease of use as the display is kept in a minimalistic way, only giving you the information you actually need when you need it.
BCA is more than just the tracker
Backcountry Access also offers a variety of other avalanche safety equipment along with their tracker. Next to probes, they also have shovels and one of their great products is the shaxe: a shovel that can also be used as an ice axe. Also, it includes hardware to make it a rescue sled when combined with your K2 ski (or any other skis with holes in tip and tail). Also, BCA produces additional gear such as a slope meter. Additionally, the BC Link, group communication radios that can be extremely good to have when skiing out in the backcountry.
BCA’s very own avalanche airbag system: The float
To complete your avalanche safety equipment, BCA introduced the Float. This is their very own airbag system, which is also used by K2 in their airbag backpacks. The airbag, in case of an avalanche, keeps you on top of the snow as good as possible. This, by the way, is called the Brazilian nut effect. Float backpacks come in different sizes with capacities of up to 42 liters. The airbags inflate when a handle on the backpack is pulled, causing a cartridge, filled with compressed air, to fill the airbag. What is great about this system, is that the cartridge can easily be refilled, so you do not have to send it back to BCA and certainly do not have to purchase a new one. Instead, every authorized BCA refill location will fill it for free. Also, this fact makes it easier to travel with this backpack compared to many other avalanche backpacks.
Knowledge is just as important as equipment to BCA
As they say themselves, knowledge is key when it comes to avalanche safety! If you are well trained, you will most likely be able to often avoid those spots, that are at danger. Furthermore, will you be way faster and more efficient when it comes to rescue situations. Therefore, BCA has put much emphasis into transferring this knowledge to all those, who are out in the snow. Having put up loads of transceiver checks all over the world, doing lots of trainings and courses with dealers, they certainly work hard on this end as well. To receive more knowledge on avalanche safety and find courses near you, read more in our blog!