Product details: Salomon MTN Summit 79 21/22
Get higher than you ever thought you could with this ultralight explorer. Take backcountry to the summit with this ultra-lightweight ski.
Designed for skiers who skin 90% of the ascent, then climb the last 10?fore skiing steep couloirs and faces, the Salomon MTN Summit 79 is is the ski for people who push all the way to the top, and don't back down on the descent.
• Strength: This lightweight ski is reinforced with C/FX, fiberglass and flax layers positioned to provide superior strength to weight ratio and tip resistance in narrow couloirs.
• Reliability: The binding area is reinforced with both a titanal insert and a monocoque 1-layer reinforcement, ensuring reliable binding hold, even in high-torque situations.
• Lightweight: Superlight Karuba woodcore, with TPU Koroyd tip for absolute minimum weight.
• C/FX is a unique fiber layer consisting of Carbon and Flax woven together, running tip-to-tail. It combines the incredible strength, stability and minimal weight of carbon fiber with the increased level of dampening and vibration absorption of the flax. It's patented and exclusive to Salomon.
• More float, less flop. Super light honeycomb/Koroyd Tip insert, reinforced with ABS. Less weight at the extremities with increased dampening from Koroyd dramatically increases maneuverability and ease of steering on rockered skis.
• The pre-shaped 3D full Karuba Woodcore provides stability and control while reducing weight.
3D Karuba full Woodcore
The pre-shaped 3D full Karuba Woodcore provides stability and control while reducing weight.
C/FX is a fiber layer consisting of Carbon and Flax woven together. It combines the strength, stability, minimal weight of carbon with the increased level of dampening of the flax.
More float, less flop. Super light honeycomb/Koroyd Tip insert, reinforced with ABS.