Hanwag Ferrata II GTX Mountaineering Boots Black / Orange Men
Product details: Hanwag Ferrata II GTX Mountaineering Boots Black / Orange Men
Multifunctional, hybrid crampon compatible alpine boot – ideal for via ferratas and suitable for nearly every terrain.
What makes the Hanwag Ferrata II particularly innovative is its stable upper, which still allows the right amount of flexibility at the ankle for a precise placement on rock. This is made possible by LFX technology that Hanwag successfully introduced with the Tatra Light.
LFX – Lateral Fley Technology: Due to its design, the upper moves with greater (lateral) flex to the side together with the lower leg axis. On the Ferrata II, Hanwag use a particularly abrasion-resistant fabric woven from polyamide and polyurethane yarns to ensure the stability of the upper. At the flex zones, a more flexible woven polyamide fabric is used.
A further advantage is that – due to the special manufacturing process – the stitches remain concealed inside the upper. This makes the boot less susceptible to wear and abrasion out on rock. If there are no threads, there are no weak points that could get worn.
• TubeTec Rock mid sole for perfect balance of performance, comfort and durability
• Trusted Vibram “Mont Compound” and Hanwag Integral Light profile design for alpine mountaineering
• Modern and extremely functional cuff design with new Hanwag LFX technology
• Heel welt for semi-automatic crampons
• Click Clamp eyelets for 2-zone lacing
• Weight: ca. 1440 g (UK 8)
VIBRAM INTEGRAL LIGHT
• Perfect cushioning with greater stability
• Lower height for better stability
• Special tread design and Hanwag 3D PrismBase technology enable very lightweight sole construction