Product details: Garmin Forerunner 45 Large Sports Watch Black
When you lace up your shoes and get ready to run, make sure you have the right tool for the job. The Forerunner 45 Large sports watch is the GPS running watch with all the running-related features you need in a sleek, lightweight smartwatch that you’ll want to wear all day and night.
• Easy-to-use running watch monitors heart rate at the wrist1 and features GPS to track your pace, distance, intervals and more
• Works with free Garmin Coach adaptive training plans that bring expert, personalised coaching right to your wrist
• Connected features2 include smart notifications for incoming texts and calls, automatic uploads to our Garmin Connect™ online community, live tracking and controls for the music playing on your phone
• Safety and tracking features include incident detection (during select activities) and assistance, which both send your real-time location to emergency contacts2
• Sports apps for running, cycling, indoor track, treadmill, elliptical, cardio, yoga and more
• Battery life: up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; 13 hours in GPS mode
• Lens material: Chemically strengthened glass
• Strap material: Silicone
• Physical size: Large: 42 x 42 x 11.4 mm, Fits wrists with a circumference of 129-197 mm
• Display size: 1.04" (26.3 mm) diameter
• Display resolution: 208 x 208 pixels
• Display type: Sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
• WeightLarge: 36 g
• Battery life: Smartwatch Mode: Up to 7 days; GPS mode: Up to 13 hours
• Water rating: 5 ATM
• Color display
• Memory/history: 200 hours of activity data
Run your heart out
This easy-to-use running watch is perfect for daily runs, training sessions and even that upcoming 10K you got talked into. Built-in GPS tracks where you run and gives you accurate stats, including distance, pace and intervals. Its intuitive button interface makes it easy for sweaty hands to mark a lap or pause the timer. Forerunner 45 also monitors heart rate at the wrist, day and night.
Gear up with Garmin Coach
Whether you’re a seasoned runner or just getting off the sofa, everyone can use a little bit of guidance. That’s why Forerunner 45 is compatible with Garmin Coach adaptive training plans. These plans feature guidance from expert coaches and free training plans that adapt to you and your goals. It’s a foolproof way to get to the finish line. As part of your training plan, it can even help you predict your race time, and the workouts sync right to your watch.
Stay connected on the run
Safety and tracking features make it easy to share your location with chosen contacts in case you need assistance — manually, or automatically with built-in incident detection. A variety of connected features keeps you in touch with the rest of the world during and in between runs. Get smart notifications delivered to your wrist for incoming text messages and phone calls. When paired with your compatible smartphone, Forerunner 45 will automatically upload your run data to the Garmin Connect online fitness community. It even has handy controls for the music playing on your phone, so you can skip songs without missing a beat.
There’s more to do
With a dozen activity profiles available, you’ll always have a way to capture your sweat equity, even when you don’t feel like running. Forerunner 45 can record your efforts during a cycling workout, on the treadmill, indoor track and elliptical — and whilst doing cardio, yoga and more.
On the way to wellness
The Forerunner 45 GPS running watch offers extensive activity and wellness tracking features. Wear it 24/7 to monitor daily steps, distance, calories burned and even sleep. This smartwatch also features all-day stress monitoring for wellness tracking during the day. If your stress level starts to climb, use the relaxation breathing timer for a few minutes of guided breathing, which can help calm your mind and body. To help you optimise your body’s energy, Body Battery™ energy monitoring uses collected data to gauge your energy reserves at any moment, so you can plan your day to optimise times for activity and rest.
Share and compete
Syncing your activities to Garmin Connect is for more than just storing your data. Garmin Connect is a thriving online community where people on the go can connect and compete by joining challenges, encourage each other’s successes and even share their triumphs via social media. Garmin Connect is free and available on the web or on your smartphone.
Make a statement
Express your personality by customising Forerunner 45. It’s compatible with free watch faces from our Connect IQ™ Store. Choose from thousands of watch faces available to download, or create your custom watch face from your own photos.