Product details: Edelrid Ohm Belay Resistor Oasis
The Edelrid Ohm Secure Device is an assisted-braking resistor to increase rope friction when there is a large weight difference between belayer and lead climber. In the event of a fall, the OHM increases the amount of rope friction so that a lighter belayer can hold a heavier lead climber without difficulty.
• Belayer requires significantly less hand braking force to arrest a fall
• Lowering a heavier climber is much easier to control
• OHM is attached at the first bolt in the safety chain
• Should a lead climber fall at the first bolt, the OHM significantly reduces the risk of a possible ground fall
• Rope handling when belaying a lead climber not affected (no additional friction when paying out rope)
• Recommended weight difference (lead climber > belayer): 10 - 40 kg
• Minimum weight belayer: 40 kg
• For single ropes from 8.9 - 11 mm
• Weight: 360 g
• Breaking Load: 20 kN
Please note: The Edelrid Ohm Secure Device is an assisted-braking resistor to increase rope friction when there is a large weight difference between belayer and lead climber. Not a belay/rappel device device as such.