Product details: ATK R 12 incl. Stoppers Alpine Touring Bindings Titanium Orange
ATK Bindings’ free touring jewel. Designed for all enthusiasts for whom weight is certainly an important factor but who aren’t willing to compromise in terms of performance.
The ATK Raider 12 family presents 4 different productive Technologies and 6 ATK Bindings Patents, among which the Snow Pack Proof System® which avoids the snow, ice or debris entrance under the toe piece locking mechanism.
The extensive know-how that ATK Bindings developed on the racing field has also made it possible to achieve a weight of only 335 grams, including the rear ski brake which provides a great braking action with an astonishing ease of use and lightness.
A fully-adjustable Freeride Spacer is available as an accessory and definitely fills the gap between Free Touring and Free Ride categories taking precision and power transmission to a racing Alpine binding level.
• Easy Entry System: new geometry of the toe parts elements that makes the step-in easy and confident with any tech boot available on the market, even in case of worn out soles.
• SNOW PACK PROOF SYSTEM: no snow pack under the toe part, even with several up-hill/downhill transitions. It also avoids snow loads on the toe piece granting a perfect lightness at any moment.
• U.H.V. System (Up-hill Hardness Variator): system that allows to change the up-hill locking hardness of the toe part. It compensates the boot toe insert wear and tear during the years, provides a proper locking strenght for each user and reduces the pressures on the locking mechanism.
• CAM RELEASE SYSTEM: exclusive system that provides the most stable downhill performance on the market, extremely precise release and the softest heel step-in of the industry.
• ELASTIC RESPONSE SYSTEM: an elastic sliding system (8+4 / total 12 mm of elasticity) applied to the heel part to ensure the natural ski flex (also in case of big jumps/compressions), improves the binding release performance when the binding is stressed, reduces the pressure on the ski-boot-binding system.
• Magneto Heel Flaps provides 5 different walking modes.
• The built-in crampons slot assures the perfect insertion of any ATK Bindings crampon size.
• A 25 mm ADJUSTMENT PLATE integrated in the heel part to assure a fast adjustment in case of boot substitution.
• The release system on the heel part provides a 5 to 12 adjustment range, both lateral (Mz) and vertical (My).
• SKI-BRAKE ELASTIC SLIDE: integrated in the ski-brake pad to keep the lateral release value of the binding fixed.
Material: Alu 7075, POM, Stainless steel
Adjustment: 25 mm (back)
Walking modes: flat, +27,5 mm, +40 mm, +44 mm, +49 mm
According to manufacturer bindings are ideal for:
80 - 120 mm ski waist
1000 - 1700 g ski weight
Easy Entry System
This system is characterized by a new geometry of the toe part elements.
• Super easy and confident step in on the toe part, with any tech boot available on the market, even in case of worn out soles.
Cam Release System
The king of the ATK patented systems! The CAM RELEASE SYSTEM is fitted inside of the touring bindings heels in order to drive the boot step-in and vertical release in case of fall. A special CAM profile is pressed towards the heel pins by a pre-tensioned spring: when the step-in or a fall release occur, the pins are forced to go through the CAM profile which provides a precise resistance to the pin release, depending on the release value set on the binding.
• Provides the most stable downhill performances on the market with consistent reduction of boot torsion compared to any other tech heel part.
• Extremely precise release performance.
• Provides the softest heel step in of the industry.
• Small dimensions compared to performance and astonishing lightweight.
The FAST-IN SYSTEM consists in a special design of the toe part: the front lever is meant to stop the boot in the perfect position for the step-in.
• Extremely intuitive and fast step-in with any tech boot.
Elastic Response System
A spring is placed in between the base plate of the binding and the adjustment screw. When the ski bents under the effect of a compression or a jump, the 4 mm distance in between boot and heel can be reduced or deleted and the heel part can slide backward and forward under the effect of the spring.
• Grants the natural ski flex, also in case of big jumps/compressions.
• Improves binding release performance when the binding is stressed.
• Reduces the pressure on the ski-boot-binding system.
Magneto Heel Flaps
An ingenious as simple magnet system provides the handling and stabilization of the heel flaps.
• Extremely light and comfortable heel flaps system
A special design of the toe part that avoids any snow/ice/debris build-up under the hooking elements.
• No snow pack under the toe part, even with several up-hill/downhill transitions.
• Avoids snow loads on the toe piece, granting a perfect lightness at any moment.
Uphill Hardness Variator
This system is an exclusive privilege of the RT, R12 and FR14 families. A multi-position selector is placed in between the front lever and the toe piece base plate. By changing the selector setting, the uphill mode locking hardness variates by increasing the pressure on the locking mechanism.
• It compensates the boot toe insert wear and tear during the years.
• Provides a proper locking strength for each user (softer for lighter users, harder for strong ones).
• Reduces the pressures on the locking mechanism.
Please note: The selected stopper size should be the next largest, based on the center width of the ski (example: center width 95mm -> 100mm stopper). The selection "Size" corresponds to the stopper width.