Product details: ATK Crest 8 incl. Stoppers Alpine Touring Bindings Black / Purple
ATK Crest 8 shows the same incredible features as extreme lightness, structural solidity, safety and precision in a version dedicated to lighter and novice users in the world of ski mountaineering!
The binding is equiped with the Easy Entry System: geometry of the toe parts elements that makes the step-in easy and confident with any tech boot available on the market, even in case of worn out soles.
• Easy Entry System: new geometry of the toe parts elements that makes the step-in easy and confident with any tech boot available on the market, even in case of worn out soles.
• Monolink Technology 1.0: the left arm of the toe part is fix, provides a weight reduction of 2,5 grams per toe part and improves stiffness. Lower pressure on the locking system with higher performances.
• The Heel Flap with raiser provides 3 different walking modes.
• The built-in crampons slot assures the perfect insertion of any ATK Bindings crampon size.
• A 20 mm ADJUSTMENT PLATE is integrated in the heel part to assure a fast adjustment in case of boot substitution (up to 2 full sizes).
• The release system provides a 3 to 8 adjustment range, both lateral (Mz) and vertical (My).
• CAM RELEASE SYSTEM: exclusive system that provides the most stable downhill performance on the market, extremely precise release and the softest heel step-in of the industry.
• ELASTIC RESPONSE SYSTEM: an elastic sliding system applied to the heel part to ensure the natural ski flex (also in case of big jumps/compressions), improves the binding release performance when the binding is stressed, reduces the pressure on the ski-boot-binding system.
• SKI-BRAKE ELASTIC SLIDE: integrated in the ski-brake pad to keep the lateral release value of the binding fixed.
• Three different walking positions (flat, +27 mm, +42 mm)
• Length compensation by integrated damping spring
• 20 mm adjustment range
• Material: CNC machined 7075 aircraft aluminum manufactured
• Release: 3 - 8
According to manufacturer bindings are ideal for:
75 - 108 mm ski waist
800 - 1500 g ski weight
CAM Release System
The CAM Release System is fitted inside of our touring bindings heel parts in order to drive the boot step-in and vertical release in case of fall. A special CAM profile is pressed towards the heel pins by a pre-tensioned spring: when the step-in or a fall release occur, the pins are forced to go through the CAM profile which provides a precise resistance to the pin release, depending on the release value set on the binding.
- Provides the best downhill performance on the market, with consistent and unrivalled reduction of
- Extremely precise release performance.
- Provides the easiest step-in heel in the sector.
- Compact dimensions and exceptionally light.
Elastic Response System
Skis flex when compressed or while jumping, thanks to Elastic Response System the heel piece slides towards the tail and repositions itself once normal conditions are restored.
- Safeguards the natural flexibility of skis.
- Enhanced release mechanism in the event of falls.
- Reduces the pressure on the ski-boot-binding system.
This system is characterised by a new design of the toe part. A smooth step-in which is safe and easy to fit, available on all the latest models and effective even if the soles are worn.
The U-shaped springs of ATK WORLD CUP heels are made of titanium. This metal provides incredible lightness, but is prone to wear and tear, with possible performance and loss of safety ratio. ROLLING-IN SYSTEM has revolutionised this field: two small hardened steel bushings (0,4 mm wide) are applied to the front of the U-shaped spring, preventing wear and tear.
- 100 % reduction of wear and tear, still granting the extreme lightweight of the titanium body.
- Easier and softer step-in and more stable vertical release thanks to the rolling bushings
Please note: the selected stopper size should be the next largest, based on the center width of the ski (example: center width 95mm -> 100mm stopper). The selection "Size" corresponds to the stopper width.