TIEFSCHNEETAGE TESTED ITEM ABS P.Ride Base Unit + Zip-On 18L Avalanche Backpack
ABS presents the new generation of avalanche airbags: P.Ride is the only avalanche airbag that has a serial, mutual partner release via remote control and thus reduces a great safety risk in the terrain: In avalanches, 20% of the airbags are not deployed because the handle is not pulled, the airbag was not functional or the airbag is destroyed.
With ABS P.Ride, each group member can now deploy all or even only individual airbags at the same time, thus actively reducing the risk of burial both for themselves and for all group members. An automatic system check ensures that the system is ready for use. The TwinBags are made of extremely resistant material and offer a 30% larger surface area. Double protection by two separate chambers: If one airbag is destroyed in an emergency, a second one remains.
The ABS P.Ride base unit has been completely redesigned: Thanks to its stable back plate, the comfortable back padding and its height-adjustable and movable hip belt, the new base unit offers an even better fit and increased wearing comfort. Shoulder and hip straps are also ergonomically pre-shaped and padded.
The new airbags are attached to the honeycomb back plate in such a way that they remain stable on the side of the backpack at all times, even when the bag is empty, in order to create the largest possible area on the avalanche.
The ABS P.Ride 18L is the perfect Zip-on for shorter trips in backcountry terrain. It has a special emergency compartment for rapid access to avalanche equipment, a robust diagonal ski holder as well as an attachment for a snowboard and snowshoes. A helmet can be stowed in a removable mesh carrier.
The Zip-on is hydration system-compatible and features a separate valuables compartment for keys, money and a cell phone. The 18 liter Zip-on is supplied as standard in the coordinating color to the base unit.
Details P.Ride Base Unit:
• A robust back plate, comfortable back padding and a height-adjustable and adaptable hip belt to improve both fit and carrying comfort
• The shoulder straps and hip belt are also ergonomically preshaped and padded
• The activation handle with integrated partner activation is height-adjustable and it can also be positioned on the right-hand shoulder strap for left-handed users
• In the “off” position, the handle can be stowed in the shoulder strap
• ABS TwinBags with an airbag material with high puncture and tear resistance values
• The leg strap prevents the ABS® backpack being pulled upwards during an avalanche
• Seamlessly height-adjustable chest strap with integrated emergency whistle
• Easily attach different Zip-on packs with volumes of 18 to 45+5l via zip fasteners
• Height-adjustable and adaptable hip belt and shoulder straps
• Weight: 2,94 kg
Details Zip-On 18L:
• It has a special emergency compartment for rapid access to avalanche equipment
• A robust diagonal ski holder as well as an attachment for a snowboard and snowshoes
• A helmet can be stowed in a removable mesh carrier
• The Zip-on is hydration system-compatible and features a separate valuables compartment for keys, money and a cell phone
• Diagonal ski mounting
• compatible with drinking system
• compression possibility
• snowboard mounting
• valuables pocket
• Easy Access side pocket
• helmet mounting
• daisy chain
• holding for ice axe
• emergency compartment for shovel and probe
• Weight: 0,34kg
• The ABS Airbag is operated with ABS P.Ride Cartridge item number 79702097 ; No other cartridges are suitable!
• Express orders for cartridges are not possible due to airfreight regulations!