Hiking- and Trekking boots
- - 10 %newLa SportivaAequilibrium ST GTX Mountaineering Boots Black / Hibiscus Women298,95 €269,05 €
- - 10 %newLa SportivaAequilibrium ST GTX Mountaineering Boots Black / Yellow Men298,95 €269,05 €
- - 10 %newLa SportivaTrango Tech GTX Mountaineering Boots Black / Yellow Men248,95 €224,05 €
- - 15 %newLa SportivaTrango Tech Leather GTX Mountaineering Boots Black / Yellow Men258,95 €219,90 €
- - 23 %La SportivaTrango Tech Leather GTX Mountaineering Boots Opal / Neptune Men258,95 €199,90 €
- - 10 %La SportivaUltra Raptor Mid II Leather GTX Hiking Boots Chocolate / Cedar Men194,95 €175,45 €
- - 10 %La SportivaTX S GTX Hiking Boots Black / Yellow Men188,95 €170,05 €
- - 10 %newLa SportivaBoulder X Mid GTX Hiking Boots Grey / Red Men188,95 €170,05 €
- - 10 %La SportivaTX S GTX Hiking Boots Carbon / Topaz Women188,95 €170,05 €
- - 10 %newLa SportivaUltra Raptor II Mid GTX Hiking and Trekking Shoes Maple / Black Men184,95 €166,45 €
- - 10 %newLa SportivaUltra Raptor II Mid GTX Hiking and Trekking Shoes Black / Topaz Women184,95 €166,45 €
- - 10 %newLa SportivaFalkon Low GTX 36-40 Hiking and Trekking Shoes Jungle / Neon Kids88,95 €80,05 €
- - 10 %newLa SportivaFalkon Low GTX 36-40 Hiking and Trekking Shoes Carbon / Cherry Kids88,95 €80,05 €
- - 10 %newLa SportivaFalkon Low 36-40 Hiking and Trekking Shoes Opal / Citrus Kids68,95 €62,05 €
- - 10 %newLa SportivaFalkon Low 36-40 Hiking Boots Goji / Saffron Kids68,95 €62,05 €
Hitting the mountains with friends, with your family, your partner or simply by yourself – and of course with your hiking boots. Hiking is a wonderful thing to do, so relaxing and an exciting way of becoming part of our nature, reaching new summits and peaks and finding adventurous new trails. But only with a trekking boot that really fits, otherwise it will sooner or later become quite uncomfortable with blisters and pain.
Your trekking boot is not a mountaineering boot
A hiking or trekking boot is not the same as a mountaineering boot, although some people might think so. The areas of use are different, as are construction of the shoe. The mountaineering boot is extremely robust and stable and usually quite heavy. The hiking boot is also very robust and stable, but a bit more flexible, softer and weighs less. Trekking boots are used on regular hikes, be it your local mountain or a pilgrim’s route. The mountaineering boot on the other hand is used for rougher terrain and for ice climbing.
So what is so special about a hiking or trekking boot?
Why use this footwear for the mountains? Trekking boots give you more stability than for example a running shoe. This is because the area around your ankle is supported better, the shoe is more stable and the sole has a profile to match the mountains.
There are those with a lower stem which are great for forest and gravel paths. They are also good as approach shoes or when going on via ferratas. And those with a higher stem are better for steeper terrain.
When it comes to the shock absorption of the shoe, there are softer models and less softer ones. Those who have more dampening are more comfortable but you will have less feel for the ground with them. Less dampening means a more direct transfer of power.
Now on to the material. Hiking boots are made of either leather or synthetic leather. Both keep you relatively warm in winter, but real leather will also cool you off properly in summer. But synthetic leather is faster to dry, which is a great advantage when sweating in summer.
Last but not least: the sole of the hiking boot. It is mostly a so-called Vibram sole. You will easily recognize these by their yellow logo on the bottom. They offer the perfect combination of stability on the ground, abrasion-resistance and comfort. These soles do not wear out and are produced based on the vulcanization technology.
Hiking boots for all your needs
Many hiking boots are crampon-compatible, meaning you can put crampons onto them. Most are also water-proof thanks to Gore-Tex materials. The climbing zone in the tip of the shoe, which many have, is good for stability and protects your shoes from abrasion, especially when doing via ferratas. What else do you need for your tours in trekking shoes? For sure proper outdoor apparel and a good backpack!
Read more regarding hiking boots
©Hiking boots by Hanwag ©Hiking boots close-up by Cristoffer Sjöström