Hiking- and Trekking boots
- - 15 %newHanwagTatra Light GTX Hiking Boots Black / Orange Men239,95 €203,95 €
- - 31 %newHanwagAlaska GTX Hiking Boots Erde Men289,95 €199,90 €
- - 31 %newHanwagYukon Trekking- Hikingboots Erde Men289,95 €199,90 €
- - 15 %newHanwagAlta Bunion Hallux Leather Trekking- Hikingboots Erde Women229,95 €195,45 €
- - 31 %newHanwagYukon Trekking- Hikingboots Erde Women289,95 €199,90 €
- - 15 %newHanwagBanks GTX Trekking- Hikingboots Asphalt / Ocean Women219,95 €186,95 €
- - 15 %newHanwagTatra Light GTX® - Wide - Trekking- Hikingboots Black / Asphalt Men239,95 €203,95 €
- - 15 %newHanwagLhasa II Yak Lederfutter Trekking- Hikingboots Chestnut / Asphalt Women279,95 €237,95 €
- - 15 %newHanwagBanks Lederfutter Trekking- Hikingboots Navy / Asphalt Women219,95 €186,95 €
- - 15 %newHanwagTatra Light GTX Bunion Hallux Hiking Boots Asphalt / Dark Garnet Women249,95 €212,45 €
- - 15 %newHanwagLhasa II Yak-Leather Hiking Boots Chestnut / Asphalt Men279,95 €237,95 €
- - 31 %newHanwagAlaska Wide GTX Hiking Boots Erde / Brown Men289,95 €199,90 €
- - 31 %newHanwagAlaska GTX Hiking- and Trekking Boots Asphalt Women289,95 €199,90 €
- - 31 %newHanwagYukon - Wide Trekking- Hikingboots Erde Men289,95 €199,90 €
- - 15 %newHanwagTatra Light Lady GTX Trekking-Hikingboots Asphalt/Ocean Women239,95 €203,95 €
- - 15 %newHanwagTatra II GTX Trekking and Hikingboots Asphalt / Dark Garnet Women259,95 €220,95 €
- - 15 %newHanwagBanks SF Extra GTX Trekking-Hikingboots Mocca/Asphalt Men229,95 €195,45 €
- - 15 %newHanwagBanks SF Extra LL Trekking-Hikingboots Mocca/Asphalt Men229,95 €195,45 €
- - 33 %newHanwagGrünten Hiking Boots Braun Men299,95 €199,90 €
- - 15 %newHanwagAlverstone II GTX Trekking- Hikingboots Asphalt / Light Grey Men279,95 €237,95 €
- - 17 %HanwagGrünten Winter/Ice Winter Boots Marone Men299,95 €249,00 €
- - 17 %HanwagAncash II GTX - Wide - Trekking- Hikingboots Braun / Asphalt Men289,95 €239,90 €
- - 35 %HanwagAlta Bunion Trekking-Hiking Boots Asphalt / Dark Garnet Women229,95 €149,90 €
- - 38 %HanwagCanyon Lederfutter Trekking-Hiking Boots Mocca / Tan Women239,95 €149,90 €
- - 15 %HanwagTatra II Lady GTX Hiking Boots Marine Navy Women259,95 €220,95 €
- - 27 %HanwagBanks Lederfutter Trekking- Hikingboots Mocca / Asphalt Men219,95 €159,90 €
- - 15 %HanwagAlverstone II GTX Trekking- Hikingboots Asphalt / Ocean Women279,95 €237,95 €
- - 15 %HanwagBanks GTX Trekking- Hikingboots Asphalt Men219,95 €186,95 €
Hitting the mountains with friends, with your family, your partner or simply by yourself – and of course with your hiking boots. Hiking is a wonderful thing to do, so relaxing and an exciting way of becoming part of our nature, reaching new summits and peaks and finding adventurous new trails. But only with a trekking boot that really fits, otherwise it will sooner or later become quite uncomfortable with blisters and pain.
Your trekking boot is not a mountaineering boot
A hiking or trekking boot is not the same as a mountaineering boot, although some people might think so. The areas of use are different, as are construction of the shoe. The mountaineering boot is extremely robust and stable and usually quite heavy. The hiking boot is also very robust and stable, but a bit more flexible, softer and weighs less. Trekking boots are used on regular hikes, be it your local mountain or a pilgrim’s route. The mountaineering boot on the other hand is used for rougher terrain and for ice climbing.
So what is so special about a hiking or trekking boot?
Why use this footwear for the mountains? Trekking boots give you more stability than for example a running shoe. This is because the area around your ankle is supported better, the shoe is more stable and the sole has a profile to match the mountains.
There are those with a lower stem which are great for forest and gravel paths. They are also good as approach shoes or when going on via ferratas. And those with a higher stem are better for steeper terrain.
When it comes to the shock absorption of the shoe, there are softer models and less softer ones. Those who have more dampening are more comfortable but you will have less feel for the ground with them. Less dampening means a more direct transfer of power.
Now on to the material. Hiking boots are made of either leather or synthetic leather. Both keep you relatively warm in winter, but real leather will also cool you off properly in summer. But synthetic leather is faster to dry, which is a great advantage when sweating in summer.
Last but not least: the sole of the hiking boot. It is mostly a so-called Vibram sole. You will easily recognize these by their yellow logo on the bottom. They offer the perfect combination of stability on the ground, abrasion-resistance and comfort. These soles do not wear out and are produced based on the vulcanization technology.
Hiking boots for all your needs
Many hiking boots are crampon-compatible, meaning you can put crampons onto them. Most are also water-proof thanks to Gore-Tex materials. The climbing zone in the tip of the shoe, which many have, is good for stability and protects your shoes from abrasion, especially when doing via ferratas. What else do you need for your tours in trekking shoes? For sure proper outdoor apparel and a good backpack!
Read more regarding hiking boots
©Hiking boots by Hanwag ©Hiking boots close-up by Cristoffer Sjöström