Edelrid is a technology specialist in the three market segments Climbing, Safety und Industry. The market segments have grown out of our core competence of textile product manufacturing (braiding, weaving and sewing). This area makes up the corner stone of their business today.
- - 10 %newEdelridRopetooth Knife Climbing AccessoriesMSRP 19,95 €17,95 €One size
- - 10 %newEdelridPure Straight II Carabiner IcemintMSRP 8,95 €8,05 €One size
- - 18 %newEdelridKestrel Pro Dry 8.5mm 60m Rope Slate / OasisMSRP 169,95 €139,95 €Basic price: 2.33 € / MeterOne size
- - 14 %newEdelrid110cm adjustable Belay Station Sling SlateMSRP 34,95 €29,95 €Basic price: 27.23 € / MeterOne size
- - 15 %newEdelridSwift 48 Pro Dry 8,9 mm Rope IcemintMSRP 199,95 €169,95 €Available Sizes:506070
- - 10 %newEdelridMagnum Screw II HMS Carabiner SlateMSRP 15,95 €14,35 €One size
- - 17 %newEdelridOhm Belay Resistor OasisMSRP 119,95 €99,95 €One size
- - 10 %newEdelridJay Harness Green Pepper MenMSRP 64,95 €58,45 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 10 %newEdelridGear Carabiner BlueMSRP 3,95 €3,55 €One size
- - 10 %newEdelridPure Wire II Carabiner SilverMSRP 7,95 €7,15 €One size
- - 10 %newEdelridAranya Material CarabinerMSRP 4,50 €4,05 €One size
- - 10 %newEdelridZodiac Climbing Helmet IcemintMSRP 54,95 €49,45 €One size
- - 10 %newEdelridZodiac Climbing Helmet SnowMSRP 54,95 €49,45 €One size
- - 12 %newEdelridSendero Harness Lapis BlueMSRP 84,95 €74,95 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 10 %newEdelridMuffin Chalkbag KidsMSRP 13,95 €12,55 €One size
- - 10 %newEdelrid6mm Aramid Sewn Utility CordMSRP 12,00 €10,80 €Available Sizes:30406090120
- - 18 %newEdelridKestrel Pro Dry 8.5 mm 60m Rope NightMSRP 169,95 €139,95 €Basic price: 2.33 € / MeterOne size
- - 14 %newEdelridMission Set 14cm Quickdraw Silver / IcemintMSRP 27,95 €23,95 €Available Sizes:14
- - 13 %newEdelridMega Jul Belay Device SlateMSRP 39,95 €34,95 €One size
- - 10 %newEdelridBullet Permalock HMS Carabiner NightMSRP 24,95 €22,45 €One size
- - 10 %newEdelridDyneema 8mm SlingMSRP 9,95 €8,95 €Available Sizes:6090120180
- - 10 %newEdelridMission Set Sling Rope Quickdraw Silver / IcemintMSRP 32,95 €29,65 €Available Sizes:60
- - 11 %newEdelridSwift 48 Pro Dry 8,9 mm Rope PinkMSRP 189,95 €169,95 €Available Sizes:506070
- - 10 %newEdelridJayne Harness Mint WomenMSRP 64,95 €58,45 €Available Sizes:XSSML
- - 10 %newEdelridStrike Screw II HMS Carabiner SilverMSRP 14,95 €13,45 €One size
- - 10 %newEdelridJay Harness Green Pepper MenMSRP 64,95 €58,45 €Available Sizes:ML
- - 10 %newEdelridJayne Harness Rose WomenMSRP 64,95 €58,45 €Available Sizes:SML
- - 26 %newEdelridSlash Wire Set of 5 Quickdraw Night OasisMSRP 67,50 €49,95 €One size
- - 14 %newEdelridBeast Light Crampons Oasis-IcemintMSRP 219,95 €189,95 €One size
- - 10 %newEdelridCorazon Heart Carabiner RotMSRP 2,95 €2,65 €One size
- - 10 %newEdelridTech Web 12mm SlingMSRP 8,50 €7,65 €Available Sizes:306090120180
- - 15 %newEdelridEagle Lite Pro Dry 9,5mm Rope Neon CoralMSRP 199,95 €169,95 €Available Sizes:6070
- - 13 %newEdelridMagnum Triple II HMS Carabiner OasisMSRP 22,95 €19,95 €One size
- - 10 %newEdelridMicro S Gear CarabinerMSRP 3,50 €3,15 €One size
- - 14 %newEdelridJul² Belay Device OasisMSRP 34,95 €29,95 €One size
- - 13 %newEdelridRodeo Large Chalkbag TitanMSRP 14,95 €12,95 €One size
Why is Edelrid a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
Sustainability is a mainstay of the company's philosophy. Abiding by its guiding principle, Edelrid treats the environment and its employees and customers with respect, always with an eye on sustainability. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, the mountain sports specialist stands out in the following ways:
- The company is committed to accountability throughout the supply chain
- It prides itself on ecologically friendly, resource-saving production and is a bluesign system partner
- As part of the Vaude Group, Edelrid pursues ambitious sustainability goals
Edelrid: Made in Germany – not just a slogan, but a promise
Over 150 years of Edelrid equates to 150 years of enthusiasm for mountain sports, inventiveness and Made in Germany. Based in Isny in the Allgäu region of Germany, Edelrid produces almost 60 percent of its product portfolio in Germany, thereby remaining loyal to Germany as a production location. Edelrid has been EMAS-certified since 2010, verifying the company’s continuous efforts to improve its environmental performance: “As an ecology-oriented company, we want to reduce resource consumption and emissions to ensure sustainable corporate development.” Ecological responsibility is taken very seriously – from production to recycling: Since 2009, Edelrid, as the first rope manufacturer worldwide, has been producing dynamic ropes according to the bluesign system, which consistently checks to make sure products are free from harmful substances. All the other ropes and reeving cords have been produced according to the bluesign system since the fall of 2011, and the sewing shop in Isny has also been audited by bluesign since the summer of 2013. In 2018, Edelrid was the first company in the world to produce ropes with PFC-free impregnation
Edelrid – tradition meets innovation
Edelrid, having been in existence for over 150 years, stands out due to the passion and excitement for mountaineering, the sheer infinite inventive genius, and countless groundbreaking innovations. Edelrid is looking back at a rather eventful history. In 1973, the company experienced a horrific fire that destroyed the whole factory. The only things that were left, were those in the minds of the employees. At first, it remained unclear if the company would survive at all. However, in mid-1974, after a couple of makeshifts, Edelrid was able to return to the regular working routine. Since 2006, Edelrid has been part of the VAUDE Group and, today, has more than 150 employees. The majority of the production, approximately 60 percent of the added value, is “made in Germany”.
Edelrid was founded as early as 1863. The corporation´s name is an acronym consisting of the two founders, the businessman and alpinist Julius EDELmann, and the technician Carl RIDer. Originally, the company started as a braid and cord factory. As soon as 1880, Edelrid presented the first braided fishing lines in Berlin, Germany. However, it took a couple of decades until the first watershed innovation was born. Edelrid left its first lasting footprint in the realm of outdoor equipment in 1953 with the invention of the nuclear coat rope.
This invention revolutionized the belaying devices in mountaineering because the hemp rope, which had been used up to that point, would soon become obsolete. Also, the nuclear coat rope prevented the relatively frequent rope cracks and, thus, significantly increased climbing´s safety aspect. The nuclear coat rope, until this very day, is considered as the industrial standard for all alpine ropes. In 1964, Edelrid developed the first energy-rope, also known as the multi-fall-rope. This is when the dynamic alpine rope, in the form you know it today, was introduced into the market. Only one year later, Edelrid developed the first roping harness (initially just for the chest area). At the same time, Edelrid was working on a wing harness, which would pave new ways in the scope of rock climbing in the 70s, so, the numbers and demands of levels of difficulty began to soar.
The post-1973 era: Edelrid becomes a global player in mountaineering
In 1973, the same year when Edelrid´s factory completely burnt down, the company presented the first quickdraw. In 1977, Edelrid introduced the technique of crafting twin strands, which was adopted as the standard all over the world concerning the production of ropes. Always focusing on the innovative pulse of the present, Edelrid, in 1994, realizes that canyoning will become a very popular sport and develops the first buoyant rope for this activity. A mere two years later, Edelrid developed an indoor climbing rope for the demanding challenges of climbing gyms.
In 2007, the Madillo followed, the first foldable climbing helmet. In 2017, Edelrid bought Red Chili, yet, their products continue to be distributed under the brand name of Red Chili. Despite all of this innovative power, Edelrid still doesn´t miss out on focusing on environmental issues. Edelrid´s equipment has been awarded on a regular basis throughout the past decades. That way, a small company, which had once started with cords and fishing lines, has become one of the most innovative and modern mountaineering manufacturers in the world.