As the inventor of the avalanche backpack, ABS supports mountaineers in their outdoor adventures and ensures greater safety in powder. The durability and repairability of the products are a clear plus in terms of sustainability.
- - 54 %ABSA.Bove Snow Shoes DuskMSRP 218,95 €99,95 €Available Sizes:LXLS/M
- ABSSteel (Self Non-Refillable) Trigger Unit89,95 €One size
- - 45 %ABSA.Light Tour 35-40 Avalanche Backpack (Cartridge) excl. Cartr. DuskMSRP 779,95 €429,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- - 22 %ABSA.ssure Set Avalanche Shovel DuskMSRP 128,95 €99,95 €One size
- - 40 %ABSA.Light Tour 25-30 - Van Deer Edition Avalanche Backpack (Cartridge) excl. Cartr.MSRP 799,95 €479,95 €Available Sizes:SL
- ABSCarbon (Self Non-Refillable) Trigger Unit159,95 €One size
- ABSA.ssure First Aid Kit Dusk28,95 €One size
- - 46 %ABSA.Cross+ Large Backpack DuskMSRP 148,95 €79,95 €Available Sizes:LXL
- - 47 %ABSA.Light Tour 25-30 Avalanche Backpack (Cartridge) excl. Cartr. DuskMSRP 749,95 €399,95 €Available Sizes:L
Why is ABS a WIR DENKEN UM brand?
Since the invention of the first avalanche backpack in 1985, ABS Protection GmbH has been doing pioneering work in the field of safety equipment. Safety and fairness also play an important role within the manufacturing process. As a WIR DENKEN UM brand, ABS is characterised above all by the following points:
- The company follows responsible purchasing practices
- ABS promotes fair working conditions and conducts its own audits
- The company pursues an environmentally friendly, resource-saving production policy
- Production in the EU with short transport routes
ABS: Safe products for more safety on the mountain
In an emergency, the avalanche backpack can make the difference between life and death. That's why ABS does everything it can to develop safe products according to the best technical requirements - and also has them certified by TÜV Süd. In 2021, the company is setting itself new goals to make products and processes functional and sustainable. The topics of durability and reparability in particular have a significant influence on the sustainability balances of the bags and accessories. Incidentally, all products have a two-year warranty from the time of purchase, which can be extended to four years. ABS also offers repairs, system checks, cartridge changes and other services. Through holistic safety, ABS wants to enable every mountain sports enthusiast to enjoy inspiring moments in the powder - in keeping with the claim "Enjoy your wild".
NEW ABS MOUNTAINEERING PRODUCTS UNDER THE MOTTO: GET OUT OF THE AVALANCHE
Keyword A.CROSS: The award-winning backpack was developed especially for piste and evening ski tourers who want to be safe and travel in style. Avalanche airbags are deliberately avoided - but not solutions for cleverly integrated safety equipment. Its big brother, the A.LIGHT, is the variable avalanche backpack with an airbag system that has been proven a thousand times over innovative safety features - also in a reduced-style design. The safety set called A.SSURE consists of an aluminum shovel and probe.
The highlight: When folded, the probe (and the matching first-aid kit) is pushed into the shovel. Smaller, lighter and faster to reach, there's no way! CEO Dr. Stefan Mohr: "All our products always offer clear added value: The difference is made by well thought-out little things like the red emergency strap on our new backpacks. An extremely practical DeepL access to safety equipment".
NEW WAYS: THE FREE SECURITY APP FOR SMARTPHONES
ABS is entering the field of digitization for the first time. But with a big hit: The smartphone app A.WAY, developed from scratch, is the communication and information tool for active winter sports enthusiasts with tour planner, avalanche know-how, weather and snow reports, tutorial videos and much more. The app collects a lot of safety and planning information from respected providers and experts under the ABS umbrella.
This makes the pioneer in active avalanche safety a reliable digital partner. "The support and safety of winter sports enthusiasts in their passion for the mountains is close to our hearts. That's why our app will be available to everyone free of charge since October 2020". And with the available ABS beacons, small Bluetooth transmitters that are attached to the equipment, the app checks via Bluetooth whether everything is on board for the ski tour - or locates skis lost in deep snow. Connectivity on ski tours - for even more fun offside. With security.